Piano Movers - any recommendations?

I realize this isn't something one needs every day - but I was just wondering if anyone has used a piano moving company they would recommend? (Must be *specialized* in pianos, not just regular movers.) Thanks in advance.

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '14

I've used these folks in the past. They are great and located right in Belvidere.

http://camelpianomoving.com/

Emailed you but email came back as undelivered. You can email me - I used piano moving company a couple of months ago.

I'm sure Vienna Piano in H-town moves piano's. Definitely call around to get quotes..they can range. Cheapest I found was $400. can't remember who I decided with though.

villani villani
Apr '14

I don't recall but I think Vienna Piano referred me to Camel Piano moving. I think it is a family family member if memory serves me correctly.

I used Camel 3 months ago. Cost me $230.00 for a few mile move (first floor to first floor). I called Vienna and they were much more expensive.

Natalie Natalie
Apr '14

Re: Piano Movers - any recommendations?

These guys will move your piano anywhere......highly recommended! ;)

John C John C
Apr '14

John C---Good one! Love that episode!!! Hahahahahaha.

christy christy
Apr '14

Good one, John, C.! Thanks very much for the recommendations. I will be calling these two places. Unfortunately, the piano has to come all the way from the city, so it's going to be more than just a local move. :-( I'm expecting the worst when it comes to price.

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '14

If it's coming from the city - hire NY moving company. It will be cheaper.

My vote is for Camel as well. Trustworthy and all around good person

BrandyB BrandyB
Apr '14

Yes Greg, that does sound familiar. I think they are brothers. It's been a long time though so my memory may not be accurate

villani villani
Apr '14

I used Vienna to move my pianos, they did a great job. Just an FYI- they charge by the step (ie- how many vertical steps are involved) so have this info handy when calling. Good luck with your move!

Pianogirl Pianogirl
Apr '14

Yes, Camel and Vienna are brothers

Check Lindeblad piano. Very reliable

Ziggy Ziggy
Apr '14

Vienna Piano on Main St definitely moves pianos. We've used them in the past.

http://www.viennapiano.com/services/piano-moving/

Livinglifelovinglife Livinglifelovinglife
Apr '14

Rebecka, did you get your piano? Are you loving it? Can you share a pic? It is lovely to have one in the house for our kids =)

Natalie Natalie
Apr '14

It's being delivered a week from this Thursday. So excited! I'll post a pic when it's here. It's very special because it belonged to our friend who just passed of cancer, and DH purchased it from his widow for me. So it's staying "in the family" so to speak. No one in his family wanted it, but if they ever do, they'll be able to have it back. :-) It's a really, really nice Yamaha - my favorite sounding uprights. I had one when I lived in France, and not since. That was almost 20 years ago. DH may need earplugs at first! I took lessons every week from the time I was 5 until 18. So I can read sheet music well. But I'll probably want to continue with lessons. So if anyone has any rec's for a piano teacher, that would be great, too!

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '14

Nice! good deal!

Natalie Natalie
Apr '14

It's here! (Sorry - horrible iPhone image... schmutzy lens or something.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '14

And I am so rusty it is frustrating. Really, really frustrating. I feel like my fingers don't work the way I want them to.

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '14

Looks just like German-made piano from my childhood.

Camel Piano movers - we've used them multiple times. Highly recommended!

Debbie Debbie
Apr '14

Here I am practicing on my piano... (mistakes and all!) http://youtu.be/_LcHVDseTSM

Recorded it and posted for my parents, really, who haven't heard me play in 20+ years. I'm sure they will be delighted and impressed. Everyone else may wish to use earplugs. :-P

Rebecka Rebecka
May '14

That was beautiful!
Makes me want to take lessons again. : )

Spring Fever Spring Fever
May '14

Bravo!!!! Rebecka.....you were wonderful!

joyful joyful
May '14

You ladies are very generous! I'm very clumsy still with the piece... but thank you for the encouragement. I am very much enjoying playing again! (And I love my piano teacher.)

Rebecka Rebecka
May '14

I just had my piano moved with Camel Piano, they are excellent! Very professional and very reasonable. I was thrilled with the care they took moving my grandmothers piano.

calhome
Jan '16

calhome, how much were you charged for the move, if I can ask?

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Jan '16

@ Joe..my move was $300, but it could be more or less depending on the distance, how many stairs, etc.

calhome
Jan '16

Paul from Vienna Piano here in town where the strand used to be.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.