Fireworks - gunshots?

I live near Willow Grove and hear what I hope are fireworks - does anyone have else hear the noise and if so, anyone have any insight?

monaco90 monaco90
Apr '14

Heard it as well, but I'm not thinking it's anything to worry about since I didn't hear sirens shortly thereafter.

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Apr '14

That's what I thought also. ... no sirens means ll is ok ... still wonder what it was though

monaco90 monaco90
Apr '14

hunters, maybe

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Apr '14

Hunters in the middle of the night?

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '14

maybe not. LOL

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Apr '14

There is a kid that drives this car that makes "gunshot" noices, he comes and drops my neighbor we live in Brook Hollow so I think these could be noices you have heard.

Htownmom Htownmom
Apr '14

The car is noisy, but it really is not like gunshots.

The jackass with the car lives on my street. Trust me, it sounds like gunshots.

ImOnSaxton ImOnSaxton
Apr '14

I live in the 'hood, it's just a matter of opinion about what it sounds like. To me it's more like a coffee grinder because it generally doesn't spit on the timing so much.

A few scattered power outages reported in Allamuchy, Hackettstown and Independence. I wonder if it was a transformer.

Charles Bihler Charles Bihler
Apr '14

Yes that was a transformer which turned into a brush fire by green beenes

springlover springlover
Apr '14

That car sounds like gunshots. I was at a stoplight within 10 feet of the car when it let off 3 loud bangs. My ear hurt for sometime after.

hopeful hopeful
Apr '14

That explains the gun shots I heard by Quick Check on Mountain Ave about three weeks ago. It brought everyone out of the garages across the street and one lady called 911. What a jackass! The cops allow that? With the crap that is going on in this world today you have to be a real empty headed moron to have your car rigged to make that noise! That angers me.

Painkiller
Apr '14

I also live in the same neighborhood. The backfire on the car definitely sounds like gunshots. There is a whole other thread on it and people all over town have been scared by it. Additionally, a school in Mt. Olive (I think) was locked down recently when they thought they heard gunfire. Turned out to be a car with that backfire thing. This has been going on for quite some time.

I have a coffee grinder and it doesn't make a gun shot or popping sound. It makes a grinding sound. Two totally different things, unless they have invented a new coffee grinder where you grind the beans by shotgun.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/569547

wondering wondering
Apr '14

I am visiting my grandma-in-law over on Willow Grove, and I just heard that car!! It definitely sounds like gunfire or fireworks. We all just yelled and jumped out of our skin, especially me sitting right next to the window. Luckily I remembered this thread and was to calm everyone down.

MO H'town MO H'town
Apr '14

OK, I am glad I'm not alone on this - just moved to the area (we're between Willow Grove and High St./517) and I hear this all the time - day and night. But it always seems to be coming from the same direction, so I'm not really sure it's coming from a car - unless they have limited travel patterns. Has anyone tried reporting it? Scares the crap out of my dog.

Rlw908 Rlw908
Jun '14

It's just fireworks tonight.

Walker Walker
Jun '14

My Car, coffee grinder and gun all make the same sound but of coarse they are made by Remington.

Heard this car or fireworks in Oak Hill this morhing at 4:30am...woke the whole house...

bowie bowie
Jul '14

Isn't that against the law? They ticket loud mufflers.

copygirl copygirl
Jul '14

I live up off of 517 and I heard it as well - sounded like fireworks to me who would ever set off that many fireworks at that hour! If it was oak Hill it must have awaken the whole complex!

Can't be the car. Its been out of town for the weekend.

I was UP and saw the fireworks this morning. It was on Bilby Road close to Willow Grove St.

littlelu littlelu
Jul '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.