If you could change one thing in Hackettstown

If you could change one thing in Hackettstown what would be?

How about a nice playground in walking distance?

How about a nice park on the corner of Stiger and Main Street instead of a 'CVS'???

kayaking kayaking
Apr '14

My address.

Move it to PA...

school buses!??

Poppy Girl
Apr '14

More legitimate taxi services

Hack in Town Hack in Town
Apr '14

Wawa bring to hackettstown across from target

cimdy cimdy
Apr '14

N more quickcheck

cimdy cimdy
Apr '14

Shut the train service down.

auntiel auntiel
Apr '14

I would get a senior single group together that likes to mingle and socialize. It seems like Warren County has no group that is over 50 or 60 or 70 or whatever that likes to do fun dances or trips or just make friends. Morris has them. Hunterdon has them. Sussex has them. PA has them. Why doesn't Warren have social meetings so you don't have to drive over an hour when the night is done and you've had a good time and a few drinks? If anyone knows of such a group let me know. THX!

A mall...
Just kidding, but I'd like more common and direct rail service to more places. I have a car and so does my wife but it'd be a lot better if you could just sit down and let a train take you to places like NYC, Philipsburg, Newark Airport, Rockaway Mall, etc.

Lngvly22 Lngvly22
Apr '14

Illegals on Main Street

Citizen
Apr '14

Negativity - it seems to be running rampant.

trekster3- trekster3-
Apr '14

the litter, i guess

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Apr '14

So much hate concentrated in so few people.

Auntiel-Shut the train service down? Really? Why is that?

botheredbyuu
Apr '14

the flooding issue

Darrin Darrin
Apr '14

traffic, i would change traffic, it can take 20 mins to crawl across town sometimes,

a wider avenue on main street better red light controls, fewer 5 corners intersections would move traffic through quicker.

i know, this is not gonna happen, ah well . . . . the ambiance of bumper to bumper cars crawling up to the next red light is an acquired taste i guess

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Apr '14

The price of Corona so maybe I can afford it.

fitter fitter
Apr '14

Funny Citizen, thinking back to a thread from last year or so in which some people said they were afraid to walk down main street, I'd like to see a Htown where residents didn't fear each other based on race.

justintime justintime
Apr '14

I agree with BD and JIT. Also, I'd love to have a movie theater with independent and less mainstream films, like the ones in Monclair and Chatham.

Gadfly Gadfly
Apr '14

I agree on the traffic; I completely avoid Main Street on the weekends and during crush hour (not really rush, we don't have that many cars, they just get jammed up anyway...)

Yes, lights, less funny intersections, letting people flow through Valentine rather than stopping, and might want to bite the bullet and remove one side of street parking to widen access on Main. Tough nut to chew but we do have a lot of lots and traffic might flow better if there was a little more room and a little less parallel maneuvers on Main.

Beyond that, my second thing would be world peace :>)

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Apr '14

traffic....with the addition of the developers plans for phase 2 of Bergen tool.....stores and 99 apartments, it's only gonna get worse

Darrin Darrin
Apr '14

I agree with re routing the traffic, especially 5 corners

stressed out stressed out
Apr '14

Let me guess auntiel equates the drug peddling with the train service. Not quite aunty. Some of the these entrepeneurs are local persons probably working out of local businesses. The local police cannot go undercover because they are all known since we live in a small town. The dealers in town are laughing at the current thread about the school sweep..

jerseycash5
Apr '14

The only way to move traffic would be to make Main street a two lane one way and Washington street a one way two lane in the opposite direction..

boobalaa boobalaa
Apr '14

+1 to GC and JIT.

emaxxman emaxxman
Apr '14

Build CVS fast, so we can be done with hearing about it everyday!

Dont worry ds, if it is not cvs, it will be phase 2 and then phase 3.......this will be a long trip

Darrin Darrin
Apr '14

The traffic

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '14

Just In Time

Not afraid of them, I just think that laws should be enforced and all people in the county paying their share of taxes.

Illegals are another drain on the US and Local Government. I do not want my taxes being used to support them.

If I was in their country illegally, I would be in prison and deported.

Citizen
Apr '14

Senior transportation, Senior breakfasts, lunches, dinners and a place for the Gay community.

singlemaleinnj singlemaleinnj
Apr '14

A reliable & awesome restaurant.

Suzie Q
Apr '14

I think the BID should refer to the town by its name. It's Hackettstown. Not HKTWN. (This has been really bugging me lately LOL).

Aquarius Aquarius
Apr '14

Good idea singlemale, I'd think it would be beneficial to the businesses in town if they offered certain special events, such as Senior Citizen Day and Acceptance Day, which would be about being openminded towards gays and whoever else that is considered or feels like a minority. Something along those lines. Lol

It's a good way to make people feel like they belong and are welcomed.

positive positive
Apr '14

Amen Citizen

Really?
Apr '14

A good seafood restaurant, maybe Red Lobster.

The snow coming tomorrow night. HAHA! No accum, but wet flakes. NONONONO!!!

botheredbyuu
Apr '14

More Crossing Guards so when my kid walks or bikes to school doesn't get hit (or almost gets hit,which is every day) again and told by the cops that it's really his fault.

LisaM LisaM
Apr '14

Add a whole foods.

Natalie Natalie
Apr '14

IMHO Good and Red Lobster do not belong in the same sentence

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Apr '14

Trader Joe's or whole foods would be wonderful!

A Trader Joe's in the Hackettstown area (great if it could be IN Hackettstown) would be so very nice. I go to the Westfield TJ's ... wish there was one within 10 miles or so. I know there are TJ's in Florham Park and Millburn, but I like the Westfield location best plus I have family in that area.

Sorry, I have to add something really important .... find a way to rid the town of drug dealers.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Apr '14

I agree JrzyGirl88!!

botheredbyuu
Apr '14

+1 JrzyGirl88. To each their own. You could put a great and reliable restaurant in town and it would last 6 months because people wouldn't know better and still go to Chain Restaurants. HKTWN (couldn't resist Aquarius) and Chain Restaurants go hand in hand.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '14

+2 JrzyGirl

5catmom 5catmom
Apr '14

How about a seafood store? Madison has a great one. Tiny, fresh fish and shellfish every day, and a daily seafood chowder. Awesome!!

LOL MeisterNJ.

Aquarius Aquarius
Apr '14

I have one change that would satisfy everyone. Drop it in the middle of Montclair. That way everyone would have Whole Foods ( two of them within two miles!), great restaurants, easy train commutes to NYC, better schools, better main street, less illegals, community theater, good seafood (no, not Red Lobster), gay friendly establishments (brunch!) , more taxis than you can use, more crossing guards, and....oh...no, sky high taxes! Nevermind, you live in Hackettstown for a reason.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '14

Amen auntie L and citizen!
Jerseycash..stop putting words in peoples mouth!' Or do you have ESP??
Trouble maker is all you are!!

G-ma
Apr '14

So true MeisterNJ~ we moved here to get away from it all. Traffic on Main St is pretty good compared to traffic down in Edison. Try sitting in traffic for 30 mins for 1/4 mile!

Aside from a better train service, I wouldn't change anything about this area. Oh wait.....I would LOVE to see a veterinary office that has a rabbit savvy vet so I don't have to travel to White Plains!

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Apr '14

" Shut down the train service " That's a very blunt statement with a very negative reasoning behind it. That's my opinion and if you don't like it grandma that's too bad. Aunty still has not given a reason for the shutdown. Think up a good one fast.

jerseycash5
Apr '14

Meister- I love Montclair...a very chic town. The Claridge Theater is absolutely beautiful and the restaurants are amazing. I also remember Upper Montclair with the huge very well maintained houses, especially the English Tudors and of course Applegate Farm.

positive positive
Apr '14

Man,

There's an amazing seafood market in Lebanon Borough on Rt 22. Metropolitan Seafood. It's probably about 30 minutes from Htown.

Gadfly Gadfly
Apr '14

Montclair is great. We go to Raymonds and Toast from time to time. Great places. I lived next door in Verona until I was five and we would go visit all the time. Still have some family in the area.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '14

the school superintendent

concernedparent concernedparent
Apr '14

change the lamps in the street lights to a warmer color.prune the dead limbs from the new trees that were planted or replace them.

puddin tain puddin tain
Apr '14

And replant trees along the side streets that were taken down due to danger or disease. Our streets need some shade and green again.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.