The Tavern Groupon in case you are interested

http://www.groupon.com/deals/the-tavern-at-great-meadows?p=1&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&sid=1503d644-34cc-4b75-8453-445bbdefbe87&division=north-jersey&user=2eb24977945b71fd48e47b3f54a5f969e7594053bdf8ccff9bd5af17dff7c7a2&date=20140410&s=body&c=link&d=deal-page&utm_campaign=1503d644-34cc-4b75-8453-445bbdefbe87

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Apr '14

Do your math on this Groupon before you purchase it.

$40 dinner for two includes....
One appetizer - $11.95 value
Two entrees - $47.90 value

~Their most expensive appetizer is $11.95. However, most of their appetizers are around $9.00 (roughly - some below, some above, some right there.)

~Their most expensive entree, times two, is $47.90. However, most of their entrees are around $15.00 (roughly - some below, some above, some right there).

Assuming wifey and I purchase two entrees at the average price and an appetizer at the average price, that equals out to approximately $39.00. So if we were to use the Groupon, we would actually be paying more for the Groupon than for dinner.

I think the groupon is only a value if you're buying the most expensive meals on the menu.

btownguy btownguy
Apr '14

So buy the most expensive meals (approx. $60.00), save money (approx. $20.00) and enjoy! Whats wrong with that?

botheredbyuu
Apr '14

bbyou, there are actually people out there who don't like steak (I know, I was shocked when I found out, too (-; ). Should they order it anyway because it's the only dish on the menu that makes the Groupon worthwhile?

ianimal ianimal
Apr '14

$23.95 for ribeye vs 14.95 for NY strip...interesting. Always thought strip was more expensive. I'm a ribeye guy. Either way, those are pretty good prices for those cuts.

emaxxman emaxxman
Apr '14

Lol, No ianimal, maybe there are other items they can order that makes the groupon worthwild.

botheredbyuu
Apr '14

I don't know how ,much their salmon dish is, but it is really good!

emaxx - The strip there is tiny. My friend ordered it when we went. It was actually $27 then. They have lowered the prices. I also noticed they took the couple of salad they had off the menu.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '14

@ Maja... the fish is frozen...

scrappy scrappy
Apr '14

@scrappy, just don't serve me a previously frozen steak.

http://www.beyondsalmon.com/2007/01/technique-of-week-how-to-freeze-fish.html?m=1

Hi guys my name Joao and I'm the owner of the tavern I'm in the seafood business for more than 20 years the salmon and all the seafood I use in my restaurant it's the best I get at the Bronx seafood market 3 times a week I only buy the best quality and the most fresh just wild products the only frozen product I use it's shrimp and only because there is no fresh shrimp available in the east cost wen you guys see fresh shrimp in your local supermarket that shrimp it's refresh refresh means defrosted, the meat I use it's certified angus and I don't have in my menu a ny strip at $ 27 dollars please contact me directly if you have any further questions or concerns .
Contact 908 799 3127
Or
Jmiranda@oceanseafood.net
The best regards

What is your opinion of THE TAVERN in Great Meadows. I have never seen to much activity around this.

Please advise

I went recently and enjoyed it!

We have gone to the Tavern many nights and really enjoy the atmosphere, food and the staff. Food is always excellent. Staff extremely friendly and attentive. Many of the themed nights are also a great bargain as well. Wings are great, burgers are excellent. My kids love the bread as well. They have done a wonderful job in remodeling the establishment and it's always clean. Only negative I can think of is that they charge per class for the soda so when you bring your kids in for dinner it can get expensive with the drinks for them. Otherwise best Sangria I've had.

IndyFB IndyFB
Aug '14

hated it every second of it poor quality of everythig

arizonawok arizonawok
Aug '14

Went when they had the soft opening - it was great!
Went a while later after the grand opening - it was okay.

(Both times burgers at the bar)

Sit down meal after a month of being open? Felt like we waited a month for our food, little attention from waitress and sub-par food. Medium rare doesn't mean well done.

Just went back last month for a burger at the bar. Fries are better but service is still lacking. I held my wallet in my hands for five minutes while looking at the bartender trying to indicate that I want my check. She only asked about the food and smiled. Food was okay bit service was lacking.

btownguy btownguy
Aug '14

Service is still lacking. Wife and I went there tonight waited over 45 minutes for burgers only to be told it would be a few more minutes. So we left. We should have known when we got there at 5:45 on a Friday night and we were the only 2 in the restaurant area, only 2 or 3 at the bar. Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daddof1
Feb '15

Yeah, it's been hit or miss for us. Service isn't great, food quality varies.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.