HHS 2014 Spring Musical

The cast and crew have been working so hard on this- come out and support the kids! Tonight is Opening Night, they are performing All Shook Up. This is a talented group of kids, check it out!

yankeefan yankeefan
Apr '14

We are looking forward to being in the audience to see "All Shook Up", I know it is going to be great!

joyful joyful
Apr '14

Cannot wait to see it!

trekster3- trekster3-
Apr '14

I am so excited to see the show! The directors do such an amazing job each year! Hackettstown has amazing and talented students!

lgraham lgraham
Apr '14

We were in the audience for "All Shook Up" this evening and all I can say is the show was "Breathtaking!"...Such talent! My husband said he felt like he wants to go see it again before it is over. Who says you have to go to New York to see a really good show? These kids will show you how it is supposed to be done! Bravo! Bravo! If you haven't seen this yet....you owe it to yourself to go...

joyful joyful
Apr '14

What are the dates and times?

hopeful hopeful
Apr '14

Tonight and tomorrow night at 7. Sunday at 2. I hope everyone that can turns out to see this show...the level of talent is amazing. Just a great production by our kids!! The show has everything- dancing, laughs, and above all, great music- come out and enjoy!!

yankeefan yankeefan
Apr '14

hopeful friday 7pm..... sat 7pm...... sunday 2pm............ here is a link for a little video http://video-embed.lehighvalleylive.com/services/player/bcpid1949044322001?bctid=3444318346001&bckey=AQ~~%2CAAAAPmbQvAE~%2CImnUWU9Xf8qjw5Isd-bDR-noYeX9Xoxk

dismom dismom
Apr '14

All I can say is Wow! What a great show! The dancing, singing, acting, and professionalism was outstanding! Bravo to all the directors! Bravo to all the students!

lgraham lgraham
Apr '14

Too bad the Local Paper could not spare a few lines about it....also wonder why the superintendent and powers that be scheduled an Art Show in Great Meadows on Friday night??? So tell me again how he wants the best for both districts? Does he not compare both calendars?

mammadone mammadone
Apr '14

The musical has multiple performances. Go to one of the other shows if you want to go to the art show.

btownguy btownguy
Apr '14

So if you have a senior in high school, and a child exhibiting, which one do you disappoint? The senior will never have this opportunity, and surely wants parents at both shows. The 5th grader has multiple art shows ahead of him. Both are special to both kids. Since the musical is set at least a year before, it would seem that all the dates would be coordinated so parents and kids could be a part of both.

mammadone mammadone
Apr '14

Or, since the musical is THREE nights, you go to your senior's opening night (Thursday) and your senior's closing night (Saturday).

btownguy btownguy
Apr '14

If only that worked as well in reality...

mammadone mammadone
Apr '14

What an incredible show! Great job to the cast, crew, orchestra, and directors! Bravo, HHS, on another job well done!

I have the luxury of being able to attend all four shows to see my child perform, but my husband will go to see my other son's events and will miss one performance of the musical. These are the trade-offs we make to support our children! I'm sure they understand and take it in stride!

If you have the opportunity to go, I encourage you.

Hopeful in H-town Hopeful in H-town
Apr '14

I am excited to see the show and hear the music. The program is always fantastic!

mammadone mammadone
Apr '14

I'm going to try to take my son to the Sunday performance. What do tickets go for? And just a thought - it would be a good idea to add this to the Calendar tab of this site.

Andrew's Mom Andrew's Mom
Apr '14

It's a shame someone as feckless and ignorant as mamadone can come on this thread and throw mud at the super when its about going out and supporting these students and their efforts. I really hope that the hard work and time spent by these wonderful students pays off and brings home a Freddy Award to our school. I can't wait to see it and cheer on all the hard work. As for those individuals, with thier own agendas, that come on a thread that is meant to be positive and productive you should be ashamed yourself. If you want to address me directly please do - I will be at the play Saturday night cheering hard. If you can't make that come see me at the public meeting on April 24th I will be more than happy to tell you to your face the very same thing. Go tigers!

Gus Bordi Gus Bordi
Apr '14

Is this show age-appropriate to bring my 8 year old to? Thx!

Thanks for the days and times.
Nice video link @dismom.
They really should put this on the claendar here.

hopeful hopeful
Apr '14

hopeful - Calendar listings are entered by HL users. You can do that yourself.

your welcome hopeful ... my daughter is in the play..... they put so much time and work into it.... its great when they get to perform to a nice full audience.........

dismom dismom
Apr '14

Gus....I have met you many times...been to many board of ed meetings. Have brought these scheduling issues to the board of ed. Even watched Mr. Mango leave before the intermission last year....and Feckless...great word! I respect you for staying to support the kids, wish more on the board of ed would take advantage of the fine arts programs at the high school not just the sports. I have been to the Freddy awards multiple times and will support the arts programs "til my dying day"....

mammadone mammadone
Apr '14

Do tickets have to be purchased in advance or can my husband and I go to the school tomorrow evening and purchase at the door? We've never been to the high school so don't know for sure where to go to enter. Can 2 tickets be held at the door? Is there a Sr. price? Is there a phone # I can call? If anyone can help me with information I do thank you in advance.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Apr '14

Here is a note from the Facebook....

The play is on Thursday, Friday, and Sat at 7pm, matinee on Sunday at 2. Tickets are available at the door. You can also email the director, Stacy Higgins, at shiggins@hackettstown.org. You can probably leave a message on the Facebook page "All Shook Up!" at Hackettstown High School - if you are a Facebooker. The auditorium is right in front. Thanks for supporting our kids.

mammadone mammadone
Apr '14

Mrs Pipes...... All Shook Up
by Hackettstown High School

Ticketing Information: 908.852.8150 ext. 877 or Send Email to shiggins@hackettstown.org

you can buy tickets at the door.......... but sometimes they sell out......

and you just go in thru the front doors.......

dismom dismom
Apr '14

Two more answers -- the tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and seniors. The shows have been quite full so far -- I'd recommend getting there early (maybe 20 minutes or so) to ensure getting tickets.

As for the show being child-appropriate -- there are some suggestive Elvis songs (Burning Love and Heartbreak Hotel, etc.) and some couples dancing (nothing offensive) and some brief kisses (not making out, lol) -- but, yes, this is a family show. There were quite a few youngsters in the audience tonight.

Break a leg, you singing, dancing, and instrument-playing Tigers -- and the wonderful crew, too!

Apr '14

Show was Great!!!

mammadone mammadone
Apr '14

C`Mon, mamadone. There are a limited number of available dates that can work into a school's schedule and the teacher's time frame. The musical has a specific time frame because of Freddies, and the art show needs the time to complete the pieces, mount them, display them, and all between holidays, vacations, poor weather, and more. I imagine that there are also a number of other school activities this weekend, and yes, some families will have to make choices about what to attend.

But let's also remember that this could have been a wonderful opportunity for a"teachable moment" in the family, as you decided with all family members where each would go. And it's important for all kids to realize that it's NOT always about them and that sometimes others in the family get to be in the spotlight.

Our kids are all adults now, and because they were all very close in age, there were times when one had to accept that mom and/our dad wouldn't be able to attend their event. They all survived and are not at all psychologically damaged because two school events occurred simultaneously.

Instead of bemoaning the scheduling, I'd be celebrating the fact that our schools offer so many options for student participation that sometimes things overlap!

lilac lilac
Apr '14

Another fantastic, fun production. The depth of talent...great performance by all.

wonderful wonderful
Apr '14

Fabulous ~ Bravo!!!! <3

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Apr '14

Fantastic Show! Well done and such talented students all around!

The choral arrangements knocked my socks off (I really wish, I could sing well).

Selfishly, I'm really excited that some of my favorites are only sophomores and juniors and knowing some of the ensemble members I can't wait to see their shining moments!

trekster3- trekster3-
Apr '14

awww what a lovely post trekster3.................

dismom dismom
Apr '14

That opening production number was great...these kids can sing AND dance. I hope the talent, professionalism, and hard work by the performing arts teachers, the cast, orchestra, and all those who work behind the scenes are recognized by The Freddys again this year.

wonderful wonderful
Apr '14

wonderful i loved the the opening too. but i am biased... my daughter is one of the tappers...and some of the girls tapping ( including mine) never had lessons or just a few..... they really pulled it together.......... and the lead from what i gathered also never tapped before either ......he was amazing.... it really is a great group of kids and Mrs Higgens and Mrs Pomeroy do a great job............. and lets not forget the band who plays the live music.........and the kids behind the scenes helping with the quick costume changes....and scene changes... etc etc etc........ they all work together amazingly

dismom dismom
Apr '14

WOW!! What a performance! The singing, the dancing the acting - all perfect! This is way beyond a high school musical! I was blown away by the personalities the actors brought to the stage. Natalie (aka Ed), Dennis (the nerd), Matilda (the party-pooper mayor) each brought such amazing personality to their characters! The lead, Chad was right out of the 50's! The singing and dancing was unbelievable! Sylvia (mom/bar owner) had a voice to knock your socks off! The tap-dance opening, everything -- BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO to all!

new2town new2town
Apr '14

How did so much polished talent end up right here in Hackettstown NJ??? This is Broadway material! One minute you're laughing, the next your heart is broken, then you're laughing again. From the amazing opening number to the fabulous finish I was awestruck by these kids!! Kudos to the director, the actors, the orchestra and the stage crew!! If you miss this you really missed something special! Big, big claps and a standing ovation from me!

April April
Apr '14

Last chance to see the show today at 2 PM

Kate S. Kate S.
Apr '14

This show exceeded my (usually) high expectations!

High expectations, on my part, come from the excellence that HHS has repeatedly demonstrated in all the concerts and productions that I have attended.

This musical really had, at certain moments, Broadway-level quality. The choreography, exquisite vocals and overall productions values were incredible.

Overall, it was one of the best high-school plays I've ever seen.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: you won't regret attending a concert or show at HHS. They are that good!

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Apr '14

I have been sitting here wanting to write something but find myself speechless! We came to see my grandchild perform tonight and were floored! In all my years I can't remember being so moved and excited by a performance -- ever.

There was not ONE moment in this entire performance that was not 100% perfect! The characters, singing, dancing, set, costumes, pit...everything was perfect. As some other's on this thread have said - this was Broadway quality! It is rare to see any performance, even on Broadway, where not one single slip up, voice crack or mis-step is made - this was one of those times!!

What talented young people! You could just see how much they all loved every minute of it. The passion just oozed out of each and every performer on that stage!!!

And, of course, my granddaughter was the best! : )

A big thank you to the director Mrs. Higgins!

Ginny Ginny
Apr '14

April above said:
"One minute you're laughing, the next your heart is broken, then you're laughing again."

So true! To me, what makes a great show is when the cast can pull at your heart strings one moment and laugh in the next. What a great show. Congrats to all involved, you should be very happy and proud!

justintime justintime
Apr '14

I am biased, too (a parent of one of the ensemble players), and I loved the show so much! All of it, not just the parts my kid was in, lol! However, I have to say that it's so nice to see posts from folks who are not parents/grandparents of the kids -- the fact that you all liked it really gives our parental gushing credit! ;-)

The kids will be thrilled to read these reviews from local folks who love Hackettstown, yes, but who have high expectations, too! I would point out that we have great teachers who work so hard with and coach and inspire these kids to do their best -- kudos to the talented students and also to Mrs. Higgins, Mrs. Pomeroy, and Mr. Argenziano! And Mr. Sarcone, the principal, who plays in the pit band! And to the other staff who help out so much. They help our kids shine.

Apr '14

I posted earlier and raved about the show...just wanted to add I have no children in the production and no longer know anyone in this years....I go to support the endeaors and be entertained. Now I bring friends as well....we are never disappointed.

wonderful wonderful
Apr '14

Same here Wonderful.

The play was an overall success - and a chance to showcase the talent that we have in Hackettstown. The music and choreography was spectacular.

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Apr '14

All the work, all the kids, truly an "ensemble" - from the leads to the lighting/stage/ production crew, the orchestra, countless hours spent by the students learning dance moves, musical numbers. All the faculty/volunteers behind the scenes, the unseen helpers ... This will be with all the students forever, does not get any better than that!!

Great job, everyone!!

mammadone mammadone
Apr '14

My husband and I attended the Saturday evening performance. It was really really great! The energy was fantastic! Big applause is being sent to each and every person involved in putting on and performing in this show! Thank you.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Apr '14

Thank you to all who came out and supported the HHS drama club with their production of All Shook Up! The kids really did work very hard and the show was frankly beyond incredible. FREDDY AWARD nominations will air on WFMZ channel 69 on May 8th. Fingers crossed for all our students! Not really sure how the whole thing works but know it's very exciting and important to the students involved.

Hanging in H-Town Hanging in H-Town
Apr '14

Don't Forget to Vote - I have no idea if this has any bearing, but I'm willing to vote to get Hackettstown on the map!

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/freddy-awards/index.ssf/2014/04/freddy_awards_2014_who_deserve.html#incart_river

trekster3- trekster3-
Apr '14

Hackettstown is in 5th place! Everybody vote, we are in the running, yay!

emily1 emily1
Apr '14

Feddy nominations tomorrow!!!

emily1 emily1
May '14

Congratulations to HKTWN High School on your Freddy Award Nominations!

Outstanding Overall Production of a Musical by a Smaller School
Outstanding Performance by a Female Ensemble Member (Casey Ward as Sylvia)
Outstanding Choreography
Outstanding Featured Performance by an Actress (Carlygrace Sunday as Sandra)
Outstanding Production Number (Jailhouse Rock)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/222908771/2014-Freddy-Awards-Nominees-List

Wendy @ Hkt BID Wendy @ Hkt BID
May '14

Re: HHS 2014 Spring Musical

Congrat's to HHS Theater Director Mrs. Stacey Higgins and the cast and crew of "All Shook Up" on your 5 Freddy Award Nominations (1) Outstanding Performance by a Female Ensemble Member - Casey Ward as Sylvia ~ (2) Outstanding Choreography ~ (3) Outstanding Overall Production by a Smaller School ~ (4) Outstanding Featured Performance by an Actress - Carlygrace Sunday as Sandra ~ (5)Outstanding Production Number - "Jailhouse Rock" - Good Luck to everyone on May 22nd, we're so very proud of you all and what you have done together, WHAT A TEAM ! Chad's father & The Browne Family

Harry Browne Harry Browne
May '14

Congratulations to Mrs. Higgins, Mrs. Pomeroy, the cast crew and orchestra on the Freddy Nominations! A job well done!

LIsa Graham LIsa Graham
May '14

Awesome!

emily1 emily1
May '14

Re: HHS 2014 Spring Musical

Good Luck HHS at tonight's Freddy Awards ! Live 3hr show starts at 7PM - watch it online at www.wfmz.com or on Comcast xfinity channel 792.

Harry Browne Harry Browne
May '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.