Hackettstown Pre-K

Does anyone know if Hatchery Hill has a Pre-K program for 4 year olds? We are new to the area and are looking to send our 4 year old to Pre-K. It seems most towns in the area have this program but I have not heard about one for Hackettstown.

Bri's Mom Bri's Mom
Mar '14

Hi Bri's Mom
HH only has Pre-K for kids with special needs, so you would have to qualify for that. Otherwise, you have to do a private pre-school. We did Heaven Sent. It was great.

Bikester Bikester
Mar '14

You can also check out Mt. Villa on 517. They have a great Pre-K program as well. If you want more info just shoot me a message.

ladeevee ladeevee
Mar '14

Two thumbs up for both Heaven Sent and Mountain Villa! One of my girls went to Heaven Sent and one went to Mountain Villa, and they both had a great experience!

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Mar '14

My girls attended Gethsemane pre-K, was nice (back in 2007).

tripsy tripsy
Mar '14

I have children in the preschool at Hatchery Hill but you have to qualify for services to attend (speech, OT, or PT).

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Mar '14

My boys both went to long valley Christian. It's not far from hackettstown. We were very impressed. Both my boys were reading sight words before kindergarten!

Jessica Jessica
Mar '14

Hi Bri's mom! All three of my kids went to Gethsemane Nursery School on East Baldwin St. in Hackettstown, and I LOVED it! So did they!! Good luck in finding the perfect school for you and your child !

oceanmmi oceanmmi
Mar '14

Long Valley and Chester have lottery preschools. The department of education mandated that all schools in New Jersey offer children with disabilities an inclusive setting as an option. This hasn't yet been reinforced by the state. The state just recently hired someone to focus on this mandate among other things. It will be interesting to see how long it takes before it becomes enforced. For now, many districts such as Hackettstown and Mt. Olive do not yet offer a typical or inclusion preschool classrooms. It's only a matter of time, Hackettstown!

For schools with no PSD (Pre-K Disabled), they can pay to send their kids to another district that does have the program, similar to how Great Meadows PSD students attend at Allamuchy. Many years ago Great Meadows had their own program but did not have a regular pre-school program for kids to transition to, so they lost it. It's expensive to send students out of district to other school districts. The costs can be much higher than if they were to remain in their own school district. You can contact the Warren County Board of Education for a list of schools in the county that offer a regular or special education pre-school program. Otherwise there are a few private learning centers that have pre-school programs; Liberty Learning Center, Sunny Days, to name a few.

Duley Duley
Apr '14

Gethsemane - awesome.

Heaven Sent - mean control freaks.

ABC123
Apr '14

Mean control freaks? Do explain...

Njchia Njchia
Apr '14

Heaven Sent is a wonderful pre-school. Both of our daughters went there and were very prepared for kindergarten. They teach kindness, respect, with a bit of religion as well. It is a structured environment, but definitely allows for play and creativity which young minds need.

Jen and Keith Jen and Keith
Apr '14

Heaven Sent is a wonderfully run school that takes great care of each child that attends. My kids came out ready for kindergarden. My son came out knowing how to count to 20, name the days of the week and colors in english and spanish. All basic shapes along with how to be a part of a class and learn respect and care for all the kids in the class. Mrs. Ravo has been running it for a long time and knows all her kids well and what they are capable of.

Heaven Sent is a WONDERFUL school I wish I had sent my older daughter to. My younger one was fortunate enough to experience the caring and loving teachers and come out ready for Kindergarten!

just curious just curious
Apr '14

ABC123..Please explain, since I am looking at Heaven Scent as one of my choices in Sept.

Andy
Apr '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.