Minebrook Golf Course for sale?

Is the Minebrook Golf Course for sale?

Singlemale Singlemale
Feb '14

Sale Pending, It is now being held up in a court battle between Wegmans, Trader Joe, Lobster Shack Golden Coral, And Jade who wants to build a CVS.
Stand by more news will follow this post.

ignatz ignatz
Feb '14

If the money is right I'm sure it is, go for it make an offer

eapos eapos
Feb '14

Can I ask where you derived your information from? Personally I would love to see a Wegman's in Hackettstown, if not then at least a Trader Joe's. The last thing we need is another poor quality chain restaurant or another pharmacy.

I googled 'Minebrook Golf Course' and found no information about it being for sale, so please let me know where you heard about this, thank you.

P.S. It's about time that golf course goes away. The ownership and management of that place is/was lousy, and it's also where I contracted my Lyme Disease, of which I still suffer from. I know you can't keep every tick away, but that golf course has deer all over it, and I doubt that they took any extra precautions to safeguard the premises all of these years. The grounds are subject to flooding because of the Musconetcong River and the clubhouse is worn out and decrepit. Ordinarily I would be in favor of keeping things as 'green' as possible, and I love the outdoors, but that place would not be missed at all. However, something "worthwhile" needs to be put there in it's place, a Wegman's or TJ's fits the description.

Sick of Shop Rite Sick of Shop Rite
Feb '14

Trader Joes!!!

Hastings Hastings
Feb '14

That is interesting. I'd like the next round of information you have. I do agree, no more drug stores in town. If this sale has to happen, Wegman's is a terrific choice.

If Minebrook does have to go its just one more part of the town gone. Look how much of the Main Street has changed over. I haven't played Minebrook in a number of years so I did not know it is in disrepair. What I would like to see the most is someone take over Minebrook and make it an outstanding public course that people can be proud of.

Singlemale Singlemale
Feb '14

Funny just Funny

coldout coldout
Feb '14

Is Minebrook in Hackettstown or Washington Twp.? I think it should remain a golf course - another store or fast food place is not needed. Hackettstown is not a very classy looking place now with all the fast food places.

lily pad lily pad
Feb '14

Minebrook is decrepit. Wouldnt be surprised if it was put up for sale. To blame the course for your Lyme disease is absolutely ridiculous. Should they shoot the deer and erect a 30 foot fence around property? Im sure you took all of the basic necessary precautions to limit your chance of contracting the disease. Oh thats right, thats the golf courses job. LMAO

Moobs are Us
Feb '14

"If Minebrook does have to go its just one more part of the town gone."
I thought it belongs to Washington Twp. (Morris).

Sick of SR, you are nuts... if the golf course is for sale the only poeple that would be willing to buy it is someone that keeps it a golf course. Way too much open land to waste putting in one store.

And i'm sorry you got Lymne Disease on a golf course, maybe you need to work on your golf game and stay out of woods.

darwin darwin
Feb '14

Bring back "The Nook".....

How about a drive in theater,with curb side,they would pack the place,and a major flea market on off days?

I'm pretty sure that Minebrook is in the Highlands Preservation Area. No one will be building anything there.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Feb '14

Iphone that is a good point. How do we find out for sure?

Singlemale Singlemale
Feb '14

You can find out here. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on my phone. Zoom into the Htown area, and turn on the Highlands layers. I'm pretty sure you'll find that whole area is in the Preservation Area. It's also (one of)the reason(s) why the Route 57 bypass extension will never be built.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Feb '14

pave the planet and put strip clubs on every corner.

sack
Feb '14

Iphone, I looked on google and found the states site. It could be protected, but not sure. Maybe when you get home you can find it and tell us if Minebrook is in the protected area. Sorry, I did not find it.

Singlemale Singlemale
Feb '14

Sorry, I never posted the link. Here it is...

http://www.nj.gov/dep/gis/depsplash.htm

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Feb '14

Iphone, I could not figure it out. Sorry. Maybe you can post once you get home. Again, I am sorry

Singlemale Singlemale
Feb '14

Yes, the course is entirely in the Preservation Area. The boundary is Schooleys Mountain Road. Everything to the east is Preservation, to the west is the Planning Area. Then the boundary becomes the Muskie and from there, East Avenue

ianimal ianimal
Feb '14

That is awesome. I hope now we can find a buyer who can make this apublic course that the people and the town can be proud of.

Singlemale Singlemale
Feb '14

I checked LoopNet and the Minebrook property is not listed for sale.

kb2755 kb2755
Feb '14

You people with the Wegmans and TJ are out of your mind! The last thing this town needs is something else to cause traffic. It takes me 30 just to get out of Hackettstown as it is. God I hope none of this is true I like the property just the way it is. If anything someone put some money into the place and make it a great wedding destination/country club.

Painkiller
Feb '14

No need to worry Painkiller, ignatz was just playing along with the running joke about Whole Foods, etc. None of that is happening, and the golf course is not for sale.

Ok GC that is some news. However, is the golf course really in disrepair? Is it run down? Does it need a new owner to make it apublic course people and the town can be proud of? Not a lot of options in the area. Plus when I lived in town I beleive they had dinners on weekends and had weddings and the such there. The course is not bad, It can work, Just my thoughts

Singlemale Singlemale
Feb '14

Regarding golf, Apple Mountain's course in Oxford has greatly improved over the last year from what I have heard from friends that play. The owner passed away last year and his son has taken over the course and apparently it's much better. It's a public course, with a charming restaurant where the food is good so long as you don't go to one of their buffets which are not so great. We dine there frequently, ordering off the regular menu.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '14

Singlemale - You don't need anyone else to know if it's in disrepair, pop in and see for yourself. If Washington Township wants it to be public, then let them float a bond and raise their already enormous taxes to $20,000 per year and see how their residents feel. As for events, lots of wedding receptions and charity events, etc. are still held there.

GC, I wasn't trying to make you angry. Just looking for information and trying see what the problem is at Minebrook. I am sorry.

Singlemale Singlemale
Feb '14

Minebrook is Corporate owned and not for sale. Last time I was on the grounds they were beautiful and that was last summer during a wedding. I know they are hiring at the moment and still host many parties, wedding and events.

Christine Christine
Feb '14

Singlemale - No need to apologize, I'm not angry at all. I was just trying to point out that sometimes people want to get the story told to them without doing the leg work. particular when it comes to people's tastes where everyone has a different opinion, you just need to see for yourself. Things like restaurants, there's just no substitute for first hand experience. As for the taxes, that's their problem. ;-) When it comes to Minebrook, there isn't any problem anyway.

Why do people keep saying they hope they can make it a public course? Hasn't it always been a public course?

Andrea Mull Andrea Mull
Feb '14

Let me put everybody at ease MineBrook is not for sale and the info. Your getting is false. So if you want too keep this forum going that's fine. But a waste of time.

That course caused my slice. They should put a White Castle there.

roywhite roywhite
Feb '14

Used to wade into the river for fishing, just behind one of the holes (just downstream a bit from the old mall site). And what a haul of great reusable golf balls, I think we stopped at around 30. Friends and family certainly appreciated the effort.

redmink1 redmink1
Feb '14

It's a private course that's "open to the public". "Public courses", to me, are owned by a municipality or county, like High Bridge or Flanders Valley.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Feb '14

Calico

Apple Mountain has actually gotten worse since Drew Sr. passed away. They have had problems with their greens the last two years and general maintenance is suffered.

It is gaining a reputation as a "pasture"

Peyton
Feb '14

Peyton - Really? Hmmm, like I said I don't play. Several people I know who play there said it got better. Thanks for the info.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '14

The last 3 years that course couldnt be worse. It might be for sale but no one would buy it. Maybe find someone that knows how to cut grass would help

Fore
Feb '14

I played Apple Mountain for the first time this season last Sunday. It's definitely better than it was years ago and the greens were in very good shape. When you consider that $52 gets you not only 18 holes with a cart on a weekend, but a delicious lunch and a half pitcher of beer on top of it... it's probably the best value around.

Now if you wanna talk "pasture" that has really gone downhill, go play Harkers Hollow in Harmony Township. $65 and they can't even properly mow the fairways. No joke... there were foot-wide strips of grass in the middle of the fairway that were 4-6" high when the rest was mown close. It was the most pathetic course maintenance I've ever seen...

Oddly, it's owned by the same people who own Apple Mountain... so they own both the best value and the worst value around, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Jul '14

ianimal - I must have just missed you on Sunday. We went there for dinner. The food was excellent and a great value, but the service is always lacking there. Did you sit outside? The deck is brand new and just re-opened a few weeks ago.

As for Harker's, they haven't owned that property very long. Maybe going forward it will improve.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

We were out of there by 3:30 or 3:45, I think. We ate at the bar... service is better the closer to the taps you are (-;

ianimal ianimal
Jul '14

We ate at the bar too, always do for the reasons you mentioned above. However, the service at their bar is not always so great. We are not enamored by eating outside like some are. The new deck does look nice and fills up on weekends for dinner. I have yet to see a bartender at the outdoor bar though.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.