Ice Melt/ roof rake/ winter supplies

Just wanted to let others know that in case you are looking for Ice Melt, or a roof rake, Amish Mike's in Budd Lake has supplies.I called quite a few places this morning in Hackettstown, all were out of supplies. Just wanted to pass along the info, in case others were in need!

Ladyskidog Ladyskidog
Feb '14

Thanks!!!!! I just used the last of my salt and sand

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Feb '14

DH said that Sam's Club had buckets of salt this morning...

Tracy Tracy
Feb '14

No more at Sam's Club, I called around 4:30 and it was gone. I did go to Amish Mike's, they had the ice melt in the containers and the water softener stuff. Couldn't have been nicer..thanks for the info Ladyskidog..I would have never thought to go there.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '14

Thanks for the information...I went this morning to Amish Mikes although the limit was two containers of ice melt/ and or rock salt... they still had a good supply at 945 this morning

Appreciate the helpful information

big sports fan big sports fan
Feb '14

Got a nice telescoping roof rake at AM:)
Thanks for the lead. I told the woman there about this post. They also have loads of shovels.

Blackcat Blackcat
Feb '14

Shop Rite has a supply of ice scrapers - the short-handled style and the longer style with a brush. They're located at the back of the store. I know some people were looking for these also.

So happy this post helped others. This winter has been a rough one, for sure. It was a blessing to find the supplies we needed yesterday at Amish Mike's. They were so kind and helpful too. Had to pass along the information on what we found yesterday (supplies). I am very HAPPY others could be helped too! :)

Ladyskidog Ladyskidog
Feb '14

Roof rakes sounds like a trip to the emergency room - not sure why?

RU - Honestly, just the opposite. My husband uses the roof rate all the time. Much safer then actually getting on the roof.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '14

I ordered ice melt today from amazon. Seemed better than the fruitless search I've been on for days.

Alison1 Alison1
Feb '14

Plenty of rock salt at the Wharton Shoprite yesterday.

*rake

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '14

I have one if someone needs to borrow; they are a life saver:-)

Summer Summer
Feb '14

roof rake that is~!

Summer Summer
Feb '14

Just went to Amish Mike. They are out of roof takes but have salt and shovels in stock.

That is one cool place!

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Feb '14

If you go to home depot, you can make your own roof rake with PVC, some metal brackets, and tin or wood for about $20. Takes less then 1/2 hour to make. That's what I did.

LJRubi LJRubi
Feb '14

Amish mikes is out of salt. Plenty of shovels.

Njchia Njchia
Feb '14

where is this amish mikes?

Darrin Darrin
Feb '14

Near Kevil/Callaremi in Budd Lake.

Look for the place with all the sheds.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Feb '14

Rt 46 west a little before a&p in bud lake

Passed by Hometown Hardware and the sign on the door said they had ice melt today(Wednesday).

blackcat blackcat
Feb '14

Amish Mike and Mendham Garden Center in Chester had roof rakes today if anyone is looking for one.

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Feb '14

What's the going price for roof rakes??

Amish Mike's prices were $45 & $50.

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Feb '14

Thanks Baci.....I thought that was a little high until I saw this one on Amazon last night going for over $60!! These rakes sure aren't cheap!

Just noticed it's now currently unavailable so they must have sold out since last night:
http://www.amazon.com/Garelick-89421-21-Foot-Aluminum-24-Inch/dp/B0000BYCD5

BTW, I was in the Rockaway NJ Home Depot this morning and they are sold out of roof rakes and just about everything else associated with this thread as well.

Just got a roof rake today from Amish Mike's in Budd Lake. With tax about $58.

Was just at Amish Mike, they just got in more snow shovels, roof rakes, rock salt and calcium.

sica
Feb '14

These were real popular last season. I received a price drop alert email this morning from http://camelcamelcamel.com/ for the below 21 foot roof rake on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Garelick-89421-21-Foot-Aluminum-24-Inch/dp/B0000BYCD5

It was $63 yesterday and dropped down to it's current price of $51.28 at 6AM this morning. They also dropped the price on the 16 foot rake which is now $44.44 if anyone is interested.

Here is the price history for this via Camelcamelcamel. Love that site!! :-)

Amazon Price History

Type Price When
Current $51.28 Nov 25, 2014
Your Desired $55.00 Nov 24, 2014
Highest * $69.99 Aug 12, 2011
Lowest * $46.38 Jan 16, 2013
Average + $56.28 -
* since Oct 04, 2008.
+ of the last 50 price changes

Last 5 price changes

Date Price
Nov 25, 2014 06:05 AM $51.28
Nov 24, 2014 08:58 PM $63.06
Nov 24, 2014 03:05 AM $62.09
Nov 23, 2014 12:42 AM $61.05
Nov 22, 2014 03:28 PM $62.18

Just put my order in for the 21 footer. Plus 5% cash back using one of my credit cards with a promotion for select online purchases!!

Hoffman's in LV had snow roof rakes yesterday....

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Nov '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.