Crunch gym in Stanhope

Not quite Hackettstown proper but has anyone tried out the "new" Crunch gym in Stanhope, NJ? What's it like there? Is it comparable to the Gold's Gym in Hackettstown (was a member last year and really liked it but couldn't afford to spend another $500-$600/year there)?

I just got an advertisement in the mail for the $9.95/month basic gym membership offer. I don't believe this includes classes - just access to the basic gym but that's still a good deal.

Liz Z Liz Z
Feb '14

My husband goes there on off hours for just for the treadmill and weights. The members are on the younger side - think Planet Fitness sorta crowd. My 21 year old nephew is also a member. I'm considering joining so I can go while my daughter is at preschool - proximity wise it's my second choice really.

Antimony Antimony
Feb '14

I've been a crunch member since it opened in Stanhope and I love it. It's mixed ages not all younger. I go in the am as soon as the kids are at school and it is less crowded. I am a former member of golds and like crunch better. It's smaller and the atmosphere is a lot nicer(my opinion). I have the $20 month membership which includes all classes, tanning, hydro-massage, and you can bring a guest everyday for free. If you go onto their website you can print out a guest pass to see if you like it.

Thanks for that tip @Dima!

Liz Z Liz Z
Feb '14

Where in stanhope is this located?

Next door (Same Building) to the Dollar General Store...across the street from the VFW Post.

Formica
Feb '14

@Tom - it's not that far from Hackettstown - about a 10 minute drive each way depending on where in Hackettstown you live.

I just became a peak member. The treadmills there are GREAT - one set has [ersona; fans that have 2 different settings for high and low power. Other set of treadmills have touch screen monitors.

Liz Z Liz Z
Feb '14

@ Liz Z - How much does it cost to be a member? Can I go and use a treadmill and lift weights or do I have to do all their classes? Thanks!

Liz, also wanted to say that a lot of times they hold class specials where regardless of which membership you hold, they open it to everyone

This is my 2nd time visiting as a paid peak member and so far I love it! Saturday morning the crowds are definitely older (40's, 50's, etc.) and not at all like the typical Planet Fitness crowds. During weeknights it's more 20's and 30's.

The parking lot I hate; it's terrible small and they pack SO many parking spaces in it. Probably because it's just such a popular gym in the area.

@Tom - it's $9.95/month for use of just treadmills. machines, and weights. That doesn't include the annual membership cost of $29 and applicable taxes and fees (maybe total of another $5 or so). I think for the first month if you're doing the 9.95 deal it's like $39 then every additional month it's just 9.95. Let them know 10 days in advance if you want to cancel and don't want to be billed another 9.95. Annual fee of 29 is only charged to you once a year. And you can end membership at any time; you're not locked in for specific # of months.

Also I used the Hydro Massage chair today (included in peak membership or $10/10-minute use) and that was pretty amazing!

Liz Z Liz Z
Feb '14

@ Liz Z - Very informative! Thanks so much! Last question, are they 24 hours?

@Tom - I should work there lol. It's not 24 hours; closes at 10 or 11pm on week nights and 7pm on weekends. Hope this helps!

Liz Z Liz Z
Feb '14

Hi Sara I came up with some group fitness class. On Tuesday you have no cardio except for pound which I love, except I can't make it on time! Here's some other morning classes you might be interested in. bosu, kickboxing, turbo kickboxing, Powerball which is cardio and weights, you could do a kettle bell class, upper body only, as well as lower body only or you combine them, also maybe once a month a defense class for men and woman. Would love more zumba. i'm certified in everything except zumba! thank you, Michele Porraro

michele porraro michele porraro
May '14

Has anyone used NJ Fit Chicks in Blairstown?

Buffy Buffy
Jun '15

Crunch is great!
$20 for everything including unlimited tanning! Can't beat that!!!
Tons of treadmills, bikes, steppers, elipticals and of course weights and weight machines.
Lots of classes.Trainers for hire.
Mixed ages.

Really?
Jun '15

Hi Michele porraro... Whr do u conduct group classes

Sudha Sudha
Sep '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.