East Asian Bar and Bistro - Budd Lake

...After some minor remodeling, the restaurant will reopen as the “Eastern Asian Bistro and Bar” featuring Chinese and Japanese cuisine, including a sushi bar.

http://newjerseyhills.com/mt_olive_chronicle/news/a-former-landmark-chinese-restaurant-sold-for-m-in-budd/article_51967e80-88f1-11e3-b063-001a4bcf887a.html

HowLong
Jan '14

Has anyone gone yet? If so how is it?

panthers
Jun '14

Wow, he must be a mover and a shaker to have afforded the $1.15 Million to buy the place & the liquor license at age 26! While I'm impressed by that, I must admit that I never seemed to see any clientele at the restaurant throughout the years I've lived in the area. Perhaps the building hides the parking lot even better than it seems to.

Best of luck in his venture. Perhaps I'll have to drop by and try the food!

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '14

Mt Olive Mayor has gone there. Put pics up on his Facebook page. Looks really nice inside and he said the food and sushi were really good. Looking forward to trying it. Would be nice to have a good Chinese restaurant in the area.

Monte
Jun '14

What a dump that place use to be ! A few years back they were trying to get through the winter with no heat. Trying to save a few pennies and they chased everybody away.

Ashley Cole
Jun '14

Pulled in the parking lot once a few years back, and pulled right back out. Was afraid to even go inside from the looks of the place.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jun '14

How close is the nearest urgent care center?

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Jun '14

yes, but supposedly remodeled, but I haven't seen many cars in the parking lot over this past weekend...

panthers
Jun '14

Has anyone tried this place? Here's their website.

http://www.easternasianbuddlake.com

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

I was there a couple weeks ago. It seemed kind of empty (on a Thursday evening) but it's also a large restaurant so it will never look packed - and I'm guessing they do a lot of take out.

The portions are sufficient and I think the food is decent. I wouldn't hesitate to go back if someone suggested it for dinner. We did family style dining with like 6 or 7 entrees, several appetizers, and 3 or 4 beers and the bill was around $115 before tip.

My sister had a Groupon to cover some of the total, and they accepted it without a problem.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

Been there 2 times for Chinese.

Some dishes are pretty good and others are so so. Daughter loves the scallion pancakes.

Recently groupon had a deal for $20 off $40.

We are still looking for THE restaurant that can make all our favorites the way we like them. Presently that restaurant is at home. ;-)

Coralie Coralie
Oct '14

Thursdays they do 50% off regular sushi rolls and beer. Went last week and got seven or eight rolls to share and two beers apiece and it was only $30. Everything was pretty tasty. Next time I'll ask to sit in a different section of the restaurant. They put everybody in the room directly in front of the front door/cash register and it wasn't very relaxing.

Fuji
Oct '14

The sign out front says:

Happy Hour 11 am - 5 pm and 9 am - Close

Think they honor the typo?

christography christography
Oct '14

Ate there last night with my wife. The chicken pad thai, steamed pork dumplings, sushi deluxe for two, Sake and a martini were all excellent. The 26 year old owner John is a very ambitious young man. The space is large with a huge bar area off to the side. About 5 tables filled on a Monday Night. He need to get the work out!! Used a Groupon 17.00 for 40.00 bill came to 77.95 -40.00=37.95 + 16.00 tip
total cost 70.95 for a great meal.

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Oct '14

Sounds good Mr. N. Thanks for your review. I hope to get there to try it soon.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Open mic Thursday's I'm hosting

Kevmo Kevmo
Jan '16

Anyone know what is going on with this place? Closed then reopened as a sports bar but now Facebook is showing something about an "Eastern Express" chinese restaurant in the same location. Is it back to chinese?

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Jan '17

I thought it was Cheers. I'll check it out when I drive by tomorrow.

HappyTeacher HappyTeacher
Jan '17

The sign on the building does say Cheers.
Anyone know what's the story with High Noon?

Blackcat Blackcat
Jan '17

The asian bistro is now a bar call Cheers. Uoi can still get food there and sushi items.

I believe the owner of High Noon (or a close family member) has a terminal illness so they have been closed.

htownmom htownmom
Jan '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.