Skoogy's on Rte. 519 in Harmony

I havent been by that area in awhile. Is this place still planning on opening? Does anyone have any new info on this place?

mansfield mama mansfield mama
Dec '13

I went by there recently and it is open.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Dec '13

Thanks Andy.

Dec '13

I haven't been there in years but I'm glad to hear they are still open. Great store!

positive positive
Dec '13

Positive, they are talking about the Sports Bar and Resturant and not the Deli in town. Both are open and fully functional along with the Skoig's family pet grooming business.

H'TownQueans
Dec '13

Oh ok, I thought it was the deli...thanks HTQ. :)

positive positive
Dec '13

Yes I was asking about the new bar.

Dec '13

We went last week. The food was very good, service was just okay though.

Sunshine Sunshine
Dec '13

We went last week for the first time ... food was excellent ... service was a little slow, however our waitress was very friendly ... will definitely be back.

I've been there twice. The first time I had a quesadilla and my friend had a burger. Both were good. Went back last week with my husband. We ordered wings that were awful. Very fatty and just had straight out of the bottle hot sauce on them. He had a rueben and said the corned beef was very dry and tough. I had a turkey Rachel sandwich which was ok, but really greasy. The service was friendly both times. However, our server last week failed to take any of the football special discounts off our bill. It was no problem when I brought it to her attention. The discounts totaled about $13.

The place looks great renovation wise, but the bar area is kind of odd the way it's set up with tvs. Regardless of where you sit at the bar the majority of the tvs are behind you. I also thought it was strange that there were about 7 football games on at that time and they had Red Zone channel on 6 tvs and then only 3 other full games on.

They have a room back behind the bar with pool tables, quoit boards and some video games.

I have heard the Country Night there on Saturdays is pretty hopping, but haven't checked it out yet. Country music from a DJ.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '13

Calico696 we noticed the same thing with the games and discounts. The giants game was only on one tv, so we actually moved so we could see it better. I heard the bartender say atleast 4 times, oh I forgot the discounts I will adjust the bill.
The wings we had were amazing though!

Sunshine Sunshine
Dec '13

we have been there 3 times. we love it there, such a home atmosphere, they did a beautiful job renovating it. been there with family, friends, and coworkers. we have had everything from the burgers (which everyone says is the best around), steaks, chicken parm, shrimp scampi, etc., never had a problem with service, other than took a while for drinks from the bar. everything is reasonably priced, and the food is great. I recommend to everyone.

I have been there 2 times and each time the food has been top notch for this area. I have had the Delmonico stake and and south western burger. Great prices and great atmospheres for a family with young kids. My two kids love to play at the pool table or on one of the arcade games, in the game room while waiting for there food to be cooked. This place beings me back to when I was young. You will not be dis-o-pointed.

Familymanlikenoother Familymanlikenoother
Jan '14

We went this past weekend and......

Service, very good
Food, very good (we had burgers and chicken sandwich)
Atmosphere, very good
Price, fair, The burger I had was $9.59 and fries were extra. Yes a good burger but good burgers are easy to find these days. We felt that the prices should include fries. or add $1.00 for fries. not a side of fries for $3.00

We will go back but I was hoping to see better prices.

just me 2 just me 2
Jan '14

Skoogy's has been purchased by the folks who own the Pattenburg House. It's going to be called Rock Creek Tavern. This is great news! I love the Pattenburg, they have good food and great music, but it's a haul.

http://www.nj.com/warren/index.ssf/2016/07/pattenburg_house_owners_to_open_tavern_at_former_s.html

http://www.thepattenburghouse.com/

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

Calico

Do you happen to remember the "Harmony Manor" that I went to with friends from work (all the way from Parsippany) in the mid 80's? I know it was North (a right) from Rt. 57W at the light which cuts down towards 22 and 78 (if you go left). It used to have two floors of entertainment with dining on the top and bar/club/dancing on the lower level. I always wondered what became of that place. It was good, even with the long ride to get there.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '16

Harmony Manor was across from the warren County fairgrounds on Stryker Rd.

The Man The Man
Jul '16

Phil - No sorry. I've only lived in Warren County for 20 years. Sounds like a neat place though.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

The man is correct, it was on Strykers road behind the Warren County Fair, just off of. Rt. 529. It has been closed for a long time, maybe 20+years.

Thanks guys (and gal), all I knew was that we turned off 57 somewhere around there to get to it. It was already dark and the cars were packed and I was sitting in the back crowded pleasantly between 2 young ladies so memory of getting there was a bit off I'm sure. It was definitely a cool place Calico, but so in the middle of nowhere and a long ride from Parsippany when I was living there. They had a great carving station there, etc. I may actually have a menu around from the old days. (Yes, I collect and keep far too much)

Does anyone know what became of it, as in the building itself? It seemed to be similar to the old Barone's/Lockwood Tavern before CVS came in. Is it currently reused as another venue, used as a home or just closed and abandoned?

That said - to get back to the thread - the place replacing Skoogy's sounds interesting. I may have to make the hike out there sometime!

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '16

Last time I drove by, which was a while ago, the building appeared empty. They used to hold banquets and receptions there, too.

Thanks, bac!

That would be a great place for Josh to go metal detecting, provided he could get permission. Lots of change lost by drunks getting out their car keys - lol!

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '16

Wow, didn't even know Skoogy's closed! Great to see another business quickly move right in there. Not if we could only get someone to purchase the former Frankie & Johnny's Island Park in Buttzville near the corner of Rt's 31 & 46. The property sadly has really fallen into disrepair. Nice little piece of property with the Pequest flowing right through it!

Maybe someone did purchase it? Per this link it's off the market:

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/14592986/261-Route-46-Buttzville-NJ/

Vic - Check the "Dive Bar" thread. That property was purchased in 2014 by an investor who has not done anything with it.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/377313#t714211

Thanks GC!!

From what I heard, an investor bought the old Frankie and Johnnies for his daughter. What the motive is there, I have no idea.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

@Phil- "That would be a great place for Josh to go metal detecting, provided he could get permission. Lots of change lost by drunks getting out their car keys - lol!"

I want to find someone who knows who owns the Asbury Hotel. Plenty of grass and I could find drunk coin drops from people getting on horses hundreds of years ago. :) That would be awesome!

Looks like the soft opening went well. They open for lunch in Tuesday at 1130am, according to their FB post.

Mansfield mama Mansfield mama
Aug '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.