New Year's Eve

Hi everyone.....I was wondering if anyone knew of anything that is going on for New Year's Eve that would be fun for my husband and I to take my mother in law to. She will be visiting from Fl. Maybe a restaurant with music?

Panther Pub in the Panther Valley Mall has Music 7-10:30, I work there. 908-441-6127 is their number.

Freddy
Dec '13

New Year's Eve is amateur night. I prefer to stay home for it, save my partying for Super Bowl weekend.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Dec '13

We also would like to know somewhere that has a special New Year's Eve dinner menu plus some music if possible for a early dinner out New Years Eve. Years gone by we would go out and come home in the wee hours of the morning on New Years but the last few years we just like to go out to a early dinner and come home and watch the ball drop at midnight on TV (if we stay awake that long)..

joyful joyful
Dec '13

Joyful, we went to Mattar's last year for an early New Years Eve dinner. It was good and the atmosphere there is always special. They have different seatings and it fills up fast, so if you plan on going, make your reservations early.

Mariann Mariann
Dec '13

Thanks, Mariann, for the tip...Merry Christmas to you and your family!

joyful joyful
Dec '13

Any more suggestions for New Year's Eve?

I saw that The Tavern is having a party. But not sure if I want to spend $90/person, as our last dining experience there was not so hot.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '13

$90 per person????Calico it would have to be pretty darn special for that price.

Firefly Firefly
Dec '13

I rarely venture out on amateur night. And its a Tuesday night so its not that big a deal. Stay home and cook a good meal.

jersecash5
Dec '13

$90 a person is for an open bar at The Tavern but there's no way I personally would pay that especially being 7 minutes away from the place. We'll be staying home with company coming over who will be bringing some trays of Portuguese food from the Ironbound section in Newark.

https://www.solmar-restaurant.com/

http://www.iberiarestaurants.com/home_IP/homepg.htm

I'm getting hungry!!

New Years Eve is such a chick flick thing...guys could take it or leave it.
Just another night...
imo

Early dinner reservation is set for Mattars and then home...watch some TV and see if we stay awake long enough this year to welcome in 2014!

joyful joyful
Dec '13

Joyful, what time are you going to Mattars ? I called last night and they only had 4:30 left and that was a little too early for me. I guess I should have taken my own advice and called earlier. Oh well, I had to settle for Black Forest !!

Mariann Mariann
Dec '13

movies and dinner - probably at home --with 3 friends ---hmmmm sounds about right

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '13

Panther Pub, i really love it there!

Alessandro Alessandro
Dec '13

Mairann.....you have mail!

joyful joyful
Dec '13

Re: New Year's Eve

My Mom just sent me an email. Subject "My New Year's Table!" She said, "All ready for company, you!?" and attached this pic.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '13

Re: New Year's Eve

To which I replied, "Yup. All ready!"

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '13

Our table looks like yours, Rebecca, minus the cat! Happy New Year all!!

mammadone mammadone
Dec '13

My table looks like yours Rebecka - only times three. ;-)

Very cute Rebecca. Lol! I just received a surprise belated birthday gift from my brother. A thriller movie called "The Purge", so we are going to watch it and enjoy cheese and crackers, sausage, olives and bubbly.

positive positive
Dec '13

This thread is soooo last year already.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jan '14

lol Andy - Happy New Year!

skippy skippy
Jan '14

How about 2015? We have friends who are having their first kid free NYE in many years and they would like to do something for a change. Any local places just having music/dinner - not interested in hotel dance party type things. Want to be able to hear ourselves have some conversation... Any tips?

dadogmomma dadogmomma
Dec '15

If you want conversation then I would skip music too, at least anything other than some low piped in music. I'd suggest Pandan's New Year's Eve special menu. That would definitely qualify.

I don't know if there is anything special or if they're open for sure, but Churrascaria Hackettstown Paladar would be the other place. You could just stay there for ever..... ;-)

Thanks GC! I will check those out!!!!!

dadogmomma dadogmomma
Dec '15

It's time for the Twilight Zone marathon, again. By the way, like %80 of those episodes have come true! Happy, safe New Year everyone. Sorry, jvpv...couldn't think of a suggestion for you.

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Dec '15

Yes! Twilight Zone Mega Marathon! Best way to spend NYE.

Eperot Eperot
Dec '15

Agree Eperot, can't get enough of Twilight Zone. Wow I'm such a nerd. Lol

positive positive
Dec '15

What's going on for NYE this year?

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '18

cold
ball will drop
people will be drunk
etc

LOL, true. What I meant was, anyone know of any good bands playing or parties anywhere?

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '18

The First Night events have been pretty good for me, I see one listed locally on the HL Calendar … a few years back we went to First Night Morristown (it included fireworks at midnight) … First Night Annapolis (Maryland) has been great through the years, have been there when the weather is not too brutally cold. This year there's a college football bowl game on the afternoon of the 31st at the Navy football stadium.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Dec '18

Virginia Tech vs. Cincinnati this year, with a pre-game parade and lots of ceremony in honor of our beloved veterans.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Dec '18

Zabava does one every year --- pierogies, anyone?

happiest girl
Dec '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.