Local Apple Cider?

Visting family for Thanksgiving and need some apple cider....dont want any from Shoprite....any ideas? Maybe Donaldsons Farm? IDK where to find any thats fresh. Thanks Kelly

KellyM KellyM
Nov '13

This discussed various places to get local apples, and cider with it:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/547158

Best's is the Best !!

Mariann Mariann
Nov '13

Mackeys in Belvidere. They have awesome pies too

BrandyB BrandyB
Nov '13

Bests Fruit Farm has the BEST apple cider around! It's sold at the Best's stand across from the NE branch of the Warren County library on rt 46 and at Donaldsons (not sure it it is sold anywhere else)....

EG_1982 EG_1982
Nov '13

Bests Fruit Farm.

hktownie hktownie
Nov '13

The ABSOLUTE best Cider is from Apgar's, in Harmony,NJ . They do not pasteurize their Cider, which basically cooks the cider, giving it the taste of a cooked apple. They use Ultraviolet light to kill any Bactria present, allowing the apples to retain the taste of a raw apple.the difference is amazing, IT"S FREAKING AWESOME!! Don't know the exact address, but it's on the far end, near Rt 519, of Harmony Brass Castle Rd. in Harmony.

Bests' cider is UV pasteurized.

Race's Farm in Blairstown is the only apple cider that goes from press to bottle.

How much does the cider cost at Best's?

Tracy Tracy
Nov '13

What does UV mean?

KellyM KellyM
Nov '13

UV = ultra violet light

the cider at best is 5.95 for a galloon and worth it!

maggiemay maggiemay
Nov '13

Bests Fruit Farm.....It is also sold at Donaldsons.

Christine Christine
Nov '13

I ment to ask : how does UV work? Is it just light or used with heat?

KellyM KellyM
Nov '13

Best's has great cider..I've been told they use 12 different kinds of apples, don't know if it's true or not, but delicious no matter how many types of apples they use

Bessie Bessie
Nov '13

Thanks, maggiemay. Love your screen name. That's what we call our little one.

Tracy Tracy
Nov '13

Best is great & local to H'town, Mellicks orchard in Oldwick is also really really good. They sell at Ort farms in Long Valley.

Mellicks is my favorite. We buy it at Ort.

Best's is currently all out of their apple cider. They will have more available tomorrow at 9am. $6.75 for a gallon.

Best's is back in stock after an early morning in the Cider Press, they posted on their Facebook they will be open today and Wednesday 9-6 and then Thanksgiving Day 9am-noon. I know I will be stopping to get some! Happy Thanksgiving :-)

just saying is all just saying is all
Nov '15

Re: Local Apple Cider?

If ever down in the central NJ area of Monmouth County swing by Battleview Orchards in Freehold for their apple cider and apple cider donuts. IMO, could very well be the best of each in the state!

Shhhhhhhh..... after a side by side Thanksgiving dinner table comparison yesterday Battleview Orchards apple cider got the best taste vote over Best's cider. Sorry guys don't shoot the messenger.

http://www.battlevieworchards.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g46453-d5005385-Reviews-Battleview_Orchards_Country_Store-Freehold_New_Jersey.html

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.