Cut Your Own Christmas Tree Info

Thought it might be a good time to start up a Christmas Tree thread for 2013 and tie previous years threads from the last couple years back into this one.

2011 Christmas tree discussion:
http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/357919

2012 Christmas tree discussion:
http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/477021

Concerning this year....for Costco members, Costco in Wharton will be selling live pre-cut 7-8 ft Fraser Firs (I believe the sign said) this year for $28. They will begin selling them this Saturday 11/30. Don't quote me but I think this may be the first year they are selling live Christmas trees??

Please feel free to share any and all 2013 Christmas tree info you might have below (location, pricing, precut or cut your own,etc).

We only go to Evergreen Valley on Jackson Valley Rd.
There are tons of diiferent trees to choose from and they cut them for you.
I paid $60.00 last yr, but my tree was beautiful and well worth the price.
Check them out on fb or google search them
You won't be disappointed!!!

Lynn we got our tree there last year and are going again this year.

jrsemom jrsemom
Nov '13

As a fundraiser the Knights of Columbus in Hackettstown are selling fresh cut Christmas Trees on Mt. Bethel Road in Mansfield. Heard they will deliver the tree to your house if you live in town. They start selling them this weekend.
The money goes to a good cause so check them out.

M.J.M. M.J.M.
Nov '13

@jrsemom-I love this tree farm too!!! When you go ask for my son Brenden...he works there and will take good care of you.

Sherry Sherry
Nov '13

Needles Christmas Tree Farm in Long Valley on the top of Schoolys Mountain rd. They have cut your own or they will cut it for you, pre cuts, wreathes and complementary hot chocolate. There is a variety of trees. The pre cuts are all priced individually but the cut your owns are $45 for any tree. The wreathes are $30 decorated. I have been going there for many years. It is family run and a great atmospher.

Helper Helper
Nov '13

Thanks Sherry we will be going Sunday morning.

jrsemom jrsemom
Nov '13

Plut's Christmas Tree Farm on Flocktown Rd on Schooleys Mtn, or the one on rte 31 in Washington. The one on Flocktown has the best funnel cake, and most beautiful wreaths and kissing balls as well as fantastic trees! It's a tradition to get a funnel cake and hot chocolate and pick out the tree!

Lovebeingamommy Lovebeingamommy
Nov '13

Have gone to Rolling Green Farm in Long Valley the best few years, beautiful trees. You can tag or cut. They have wreaths and a christmas/anitque shop. The farm is 61 Hacklebarney Road, Long Valley .Nice family.

outsider outsider
Nov '13

Knights of Columbus on Mt Bethel Rd. Beautiful trees from - 6 to 9 feet - Only $50.00. Cut your own or they will give you a hand. Bought mine this morning.

From Hackettstown - turn left at Best's - turn left at Mt Bethel Rd (1st stop sign) - continue for about a mile and it is on the left. There are signs.

Tranquility Farms has the best trees and a great holiday gift shoppe!

dottie
Nov '13

Anyone ever go to Planer Tree Plantation on 519 in Hope? We are looking for a tall, slender tree and from the road it looks like they have them. Anyone know what species of trees they have? They don't appear to have a website.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Dec '13

Re: Cut Your Own Christmas Tree Info

Here's the flyer for the Knights of Columbus tree cutting

We got our tree last weekend from the Knights of Columbus Tree place on Mt Bethel Road. They have a lot of beautiful trees there and the guys were really nice. I recommend going there.

Kathy M Kathy M
Dec '13

Last year we got our tree from Woodsedge Tree Farm.

http://www.woodsedgetreefarm.com/

We were very impressed with the selection of trees and plan to return this year.

Topp's Tree Farm outside of Great Meadows(in Townsbery)on Rt. 46. Cut your own for only $35.

Great in the meadows Great in the meadows
Dec '13

I finally (and reluctantly) said to hell with real trees last year. Got a nice 7 footer from Home Depot for about $150. I actually miss going out and picking one out, cutting it down, strapping it to the car, driving it home, fighting to get it into the tree stand, and then spending hours untangling and stringing lights... oh wait, no... no, I don't.

I pulled it out of the attic, put the base in the stand, the middle piece in the base and the top on the middle. Then I plugged it in and pushed a button. Nothing left to do but hang ornaments. Took me all of 35 minutes, lol. I kinda miss the smell, but that's why God invented Yankee Candles (-;

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Dec '13

Does anyone know if the tree farm on Valley Road in Mansfield, with the older woman and her son, I think, are selling this year? We missed getting there early last year.

blackcat blackcat
Dec '13

Blackcat - the $20 place? They're still there, but only Friday through Sunday.

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Dec '13

Went to Woodsedge today for third year in a row...very impressed with their selection, especially the back field which was new this year. Trying a new tree (for us), a Canaan fir--soft needles, nice smell, nice shape. Anyone going here don't forget there is a $5 coupon on their website.

They also had wonderful homemade soaps and their own raw honey, VERY reasonably priced.

Davis Davis
Dec '13

Cool. Going to try and head there in the morning:)

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '13

Bought a really nice 7 ft tree (almost perfectly shaped and no gaps) tonight for $40 at a small Christmas tree farm on 57 West about 4 miles before you enter Washington. The owners are so personable and accommodating. Their two little granddaughters helped with tying the tree to the car...it was so cute. I've been going there for years and I still do not know the name of the place. );

positive positive
Dec '13

Side note for cat owners:

I sprayed a repellent called Boundary on my tree so my cat wouldn't try to climb it or eat it. Seems to be working....I got it at Petco. I think it was $12 for a 23 oz. bottle.

positive positive
Dec '13

Picked up a gorgeous tree at the place on Valley Rd:) can't beat the price- still $20:)

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '13

Wow Blackcat! That is an amazing deal!

positive positive
Dec '13

Nice trees @444 valley rd Mansfield , only $15.00

Cheyenne's mom Cheyenne's mom
Dec '13

Anybody know what happened to Quick's Tree Farm over on Mountain Lake Rd? We've been getting our tree there for years, but when we took a drive over today the place was closed. Did anything happen to Mr. Quick? He's such a nice man. We've been worried all day.

colette colette
Dec '13

It's a beauty:)

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '13

Thought the picture went through...

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '13

Wow! I have to go there next year!

positive positive
Dec '13

The ladies are so nice too:)

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '13

Mr. Quick sold the house and farm around Thanksgiving...so very upset, we have been going there for 15 years.. However the new owners will be open next year. Taking a ride this week to take a good-bye picture with the girls. (Don't advise you do this, for I know the family personally... no trespassing) ..hope everyone treasures their memories and fun times there as I so will..

Thank you for the GREAT memories!!!!!! <3

scoop scoop
Dec '13

Blackcat, my cousin told me about the place and honestly I thought it was too good to be true. I thought maybe some of the trees, the small and shabby ones were selling for $20...I was a bit too cynical and could have saved $20.

Maybe you can post a pic when it's decorated...I'm sure it will look amazing.

positive positive
Dec '13

@positive We always get our tree at the same place you did, and I don't know the name of the place ether. got a nice tree there this year for $ 35.00 We mostly go there just cause they are so nice to deal with.

Giving the tree a bit of a trim today before it gets decorated. Ironically, we drive past at least 6-8 tree farms to get to this place. We're right up the road from Plut's, etc. The place on Valley was empty except for us at 11:30.

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '13

Don't forget to get your Fresh Cut Christmas Trees from the Knights of Columbus at LaBurnel Farms on Mt. Bethel Road in Mansfield.
They will be open this weekend & next weekend (Saturdays 9:30-5:00 & Sundays 2:00-5:00).
Best Christmas trees in the area and the proceeds go towards some of the KofC Charitable Programs.

Mr. Pine Mr. Pine
Dec '13

Help peeps... have gone to Quick Farms for 15 years and cut our own tree..Mr. Quick sold the farm and the girls are sad that we can't go there. We are looking to go tomorrow morning in this great weather that's coming. Please I know it's late and want to give the girls a fun time, don't know whats out there that's left. but has anyone gone to the place on Mt Bethel road or Plut's?? Don't need anything big about 6' would be great

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scoop scoop
Dec '13

go to valley road, all trees are $20.00, cut your own.

JD4020 JD4020
Dec '13

Here's the tree we got from the ladies on Valley Rd all done up:)

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '13

Your tree is beautiful, blackcat!

joyful joyful
Dec '13

Scoop, we went to Woodsedge in Liberty yesterday and there was an AWESOME selection there. Took about 2 minutes to pick one out.

JD4020 - ALL trees? Is that Valley Rd in Mansfield?

botheredbyuu
Dec '13

If its the same place we got ours, yes, $20.
I will say this tree is very thirsty. Filling the stand everyday.

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '13

thanks.. ended up going to Mt Bethel tree farm down the street. not a huge selection but the girls picked out a beauty...hopefully next year the new owners of Quick farm will be open... Merry Christmas everyone!!

scoop scoop
Dec '13

We used Quick's but after someone stole our tree the feeling was gone. So sorry to hear they left, hope it's for the better, they are great folk. We use Mt. Bethel now and love the bro's who man the farm. Good guys, nice place, great dog, and cider !!!

They have a tree that smells like citrus, very trendy.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Dec '13

What's the best place for 10-12 foot trees ?

Dolce_Vita Dolce_Vita
Dec '13

We went to perfect tree farm in philipsburg. Very happy with our tree. PYO $60.

Njchia Njchia
Dec '13

Do you know their hours Blackcat? Thanks

botheredbyuu
Dec '13

Nowadays 12 footers are hard to come by: Quicks had some, Mt. Bethel might have a real small number but I would try around Blairstown ---- need somewhere that has been doing it for some time versus somewhere new.

If this is your first time with a 12 footer, go for the big stand that takes a drilled tree.

Dec '13

I think they were 11-3 buy I think it's only weekends.

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '13

Blackcat, I knew your tree would look amazing! I love the old fashioned Christmas look of it.

positive positive
Dec '13

Thank you:) there are a few "sections" of specific ornaments- ones that are mine( squirrels, birds, M&M's and my Cheap Trick ornament, my husband's- tools, ice cream, bikes and then my son's- Tom and Jerry, Toy Story and a bunch I picked up in Guatemala when we were down there. Picked up a Grinch and 2 chipmunk ones at an estate sale a month ago:) I have Polish ones, African ones, beaded ones my friend made. It makes me happy to decorate the tree:)

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '13

botheredbyuu, Yes all trees are $20.00 and yes its in Mansfield.

JD4020 JD4020
Dec '13

Thank you mister google. We got our 10 footer from Donaldson this year with the commercial stand, but they didn't have a large variety of tall ones

Dolce_Vita Dolce_Vita
Dec '13

Good news since I would have been surprise that they had anything over 8ft. Hope they didn't charge by the foot.....

Used to do some 13 - 15fters. Had to use guidewires, etc. to get em to stand. Ah, kids. That meant us!

Dec '13

Got our tree at Evergreen Valley. So far, so good! It's nice to have a variety to pick from and to cut them fresh.

btownguy btownguy
Dec '13

i'm looking to buy a live tree/ potted tree that can be planted back after christmas so the tree just doesnt go to waste after christmas.. anyone have any info on this in the htown area?

greenchristmas greenchristmas
Dec '13

We, the Knights of Columbus, still have plenty of trees left in ALL sizes at LaBurnel Farms on Mt. Bethel Road. If you scroll up in this thread, GC posted a picture of our flyer with directions. We will be selling this Saturday (930AM till dusk) and on Sunday from Noon till dusk....You can cut your own, or our guys can cut it for you. We will bundle the tree and load it on your car or in your truck.

deviljet
Dec '13

JD4020 - what's the name of that farm on Valley Rd.?

Thanks

botheredbyuu
Dec '13

I'm not sure, sorry

JD4020 JD4020
Dec '13

Ok thanks anyway

botheredbyuu
Dec '13

bbu- It's Blue Heron Farm 201 Valley Road.

positive positive
Dec '13

Thank positive! :)

Looked it up and the only one that comes up is in Oldwick, NJ. I'll take a ride Saturday to Valley Rd and I'm sure I'll find it. Thanks again.

botheredbyuu
Dec '13

Your welcome bbu. :)

positive positive
Dec '13

Reminder! 2 days left for the Knights of Columbus tree sale. Plenty of trees in all sizes, especially big onesI Scroll up to my previous post for more information.

deviljet
Dec '13

Thanks Deviljet! We went there today and got a 10 foot tree and it's a beauty too. They have plenty of trees from 3 feet to 12 feet at $50 and I think that's a great price. Remember you get what you pay for. Merry Christmas!

Sarah K Sarah K
Dec '13

Does anyone know if the Christmas Tree Ladies are open this year on Valley Rd?

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '14

We got another great tree from Woodsedge in White twp this year!

http://www.woodsedgetreefarm.com/

Blackcat~ yes they are open

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Dec '14

We went over to Blue Heron on Sunday morning and sadly, once again, they were sold out for the season. Pick up only.

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '14

Confirmed while in the Wharton Costco yesterday..... they are also sold out for the 2014 season.

Had to revive this one...
Does anyone know if the ladies at Blue Heron are open this year?

Blackcat Blackcat
Nov '15

Blackcat~ they had a sign up that they were sold out.

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Dec '15

We were there on Sunday- took a chance. Got our tree:)

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '15

Does anyone know if the place on valley rd is selling trees this year?

animal lover animal lover
Dec '15

The $20 place? We were there last Sunday and got one. Learned our lesson last year by heading a week earlier than usual.

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '15

ok thank you

animal lover animal lover
Dec '15

This was the sign today.

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Dec '15

Anyone ever use Lafurnel Farms (spelling) on Mt. Bethel Road benefitting the Knights of Columbus?

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Dec '15

Yes, went the last 2 years. They have a nice selection without having to hike a mile. They keep them very well pruned. We paid 50 the past 2 years. Just went last weekend.

Got a great tree today at Woodsedge tree farm. Due to the continued warm weather the traditional hot chocolate they normally offer took a back seat to free SNOW CONES they were offering the little ones!! lol

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.