Poodle Groomer

I purchased my dogs from Carolyn O'Rourke and she had always groomed them for a reasonable price. Now that she is gone, I need someone to groom them. Any suggestions? She would charge me $120 for all 3 and I would like someone who is comparable in both price and poodle expertise.

Makin' Jam Makin' Jam
Nov '13

Makin' Jam - what kind of clip do you give them? That makes a difference in price for poodles. A full-out Continental is more expensive, at least in my experience.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '13

I really don't even care what the cut is. During the colder months I would do the typical easy poodle cut, everything shaved down but the ears and tail, during summer months I shave everything off (ears and all). I just need to get them neatened up. Carolyn cut them this past June. I was about to get them cut in September and found out she had passed, so trimmed up their faces and feet myself, but their hair is just getting way too long. I need their bodies shaved down and the rest straightened up. If it didn't take me all day to do the three of them myself, I'd do it myself, but I'd rather pay someone.

Makin' Jam Makin' Jam
Nov '13

I would check out Courtny in Hasting's Plaza sort of by the UPS store. Her prices are great and a dog who comes out of there smells amazing for like a month.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '13

Definitely Courtney in Hastings. We use to have a poodle and she cut his hair for years.

David David
Nov '13

Another plug for Cortney.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '13

Yes Cortney is the best in the area in my opinion and she has alot of experience in grooming poodles. Call her for a appointment at Cortneys grooming parlor 908 269 8199

MisterC MisterC
Nov '13

Makin' Jam I have a groomer that comes to my home and she only grooms small dogs. She's excellent. If you're interested PM me.

Kevin at Jersey Paws specializes in Poodle cuts. We take our 3 standards there ans always happy with their grooms and they smell terrific!!

Sandie Sandie
Nov '13

the dog groomer across the street from Carolyn might do it.

animal lover animal lover
Nov '13

If I were you I would go to doggie styleashes. She is pleasant and grooms my 2 poodles. They always leave happy and looking outstanding. She's very flexible and accomadating, I have always had a good experience there.

Sam2459 Sam2459
Nov '13

Whatever you do don't let Rebecka do it!

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/210547#t210746

Courtney! Search Doggie Styleash on this site. Many had the same experience I did.

Poster
Nov '13

What!? Mommy told me when I was a baby that poodles hafta get a bath every Sunday that's the law. And I been gettin baths every week. I've been DUPED and tricked and possibley even swindled!! I am gonna rite to the aspca and maybe the poodle association oh I am MAD!

Iggles J. Snoots Iggles J. Snoots
Nov '13

Fur Cutters is AMAZING. The owner, Linda, has two poodles (a mini and a toy) of her own that she grooms and they always look so perfect and adorable! I'd give her a call and see what she can do for you!
(www.furcutters.com)
908-975-3139
Hope this helps!

Rachel RN Rachel RN
Nov '13

Cortney's Grooming no other option

Nosila
Nov '13

JUST SAY NO to poodle groomin!

Nov '13

Re: Poodle Groomer

Hi, I'm your local Representative with the Poodle Association. I say bath for poodles EVERY day!! Then groom till you drop.

Any other questions, just ask!!

Poodle Association Poodle Association
Nov '13

Iggy, just say NO to your Mom doing the poodle groomin, baths are ok though.

Lynnada Lynnada
Nov '13

You are the poodle association!? Now I know why some of us have ta get the Continental Clip.

Nov '13

I second Fur Cutters. Linda is on point with the poodles.

Snoopy Snoopy
Nov '13

LMAO at Iggles and Poodle Assoc. Too funny, you guys crack me up.

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Nov '13

Iggy - Just be glad my sister is your rep, I recommend clipping of a whole lot more than your "Continental". You don't know just how lucky you are. ;-)

Tigger Tigger
Nov '13

Ha ha @ Tigger! look at you all warm and cozy!

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Nov '13

oh I am just sittin here gettin more and more depressed.

Nov '13

My the poodle association has a lovely representative. That is a most attractive photo, my dear. Meow.

Romeo Romeo
Nov '13

I think you're outnumbered Puffball, better quit while you're behind.

Romeo Romeo
Nov '13

Hey Poodle Association guess what mumy said i can stay all poodley this week i don't hafta get a blow-out after my bath. I am stayin' curly take dem apples! What're ya gonna do come get me and put me in Poodle Prisin?

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '13

Iggy - Your smirk looks like someone slipped some Scotch in your Poodle treats. The Association certainly does not approve of that. Should we now call you Nippy J Snootfull??

And as far as your non-bath situation, you're gonna stink as well as look like a bad version of Nina Blackwell trying out for an 80's hair band. After a week we can call you Icky J Stinks. Haven't you realized yet, you're already in Poodle Prison. ;-)

Sugar Sugar
Dec '13

No no no you misunderstood Shoogs. I GOT my bath but I jus didint have ta get brushed. I am not allowed to get the stinks becauz sometimes i sleep in da bed with my peeples and as for scotch no: i got a gulp of bathwater dats all.

p.s. YOU look like ya just ate a lemin.

Dec '13

You guys seriously crack me up. LOL

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Dec '13

OMG yes! Just need to grow out his ear fur.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '14

OMG, you torture that poor boy!

Anyway, be sure to put pipe cleaners or wire in the braids so you can make him look like Pippy Longstocking. Be sure to post pics as all the cats want to see.

Lynnada Lynnada
Jan '14

Lynnada - That looks like the wrong color for Iggy, and there's some other name on the picture. Then again with Iggy he could have gone for the sex change and dye job with the cute little barrettes. One way or the other, I don't think we're in Kansas any more Toto.

OMG - The Poodle Association is just rolling on the floor with this one... We approve.

Sugar Sugar
Jan '14

Sugar, it's another toy poodle, not Iggy. I was just saying that based on that picture I am inspired to get Iggy's ear fur long enough to do that.

Lynnada - love the idea of pipe cleaners to make his braids extra "special."

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '14

Dear Poodle Sociation,

I am writin in hopes that you can settle a matter. Mummy says I am gettin too fuzzy for my own good and if I get any fuzzier I am gonna get naughty. I told her I was gonna behave but she said that that is not what she means and i need a furcut. But its wintertime and its very much cold outside and I need my lots of fur!!! Also my big fur coat does offer protection because the puppy chews on me. Please can you tell her that I should not get a furcut at this time? Thank you very much.

Yours truly,
Iggles J. Snoots

Jan '14

You DARE petition the Poodle Association for leniency?? Off with his head! Off with his head!!

Or at least his hair! All of it. Bald. Oh wait, we do want to leave all his ear flaps so we can turn him into Pippy Long Poodle.

The Queen has spoken!!

Sugar Sugar
Jan '14

I been cryin since i read your reply. :'(

Jan '14

Iggy - Has it not occurred to you, she's a cat. What did you expect her to say?? ;-)

On the bright side, Telly Savalas made it cool to be bald....

Iggles, you are just the cutest little furball. But it looks like you won't be able to see soon.

jrsemom jrsemom
Jan '14

Iggles you will look so snooty if you get your pruning ---

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '14

Iggles is so cute that I had to take a second look.... I actually thought the pic was a stuffed animal. Sorry Iggles, I hope your not offended...it was a compliment. :)

positive positive
Jan '14

Positive - I'm sure Iggy is flattered! Funny story: I had my 6-month-old Coton de Tulear puppy on a flight home with me from Paris to NY. He was a ball of white fluff. He slept on my lap the whole way over. When I was putting him in his bag to deplane, the stewardess exclaimed - he's real! I thought you had a stuffed animal on your lap the whole time! (I had no idea I wasn't supposed to have my dog out on my lap!)

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '14

Your doggies are really cute and special. It does make me miss Carolyn to hear you talk about them. She was a very special person. She was the type of person that did secret good things for others, and nobody would ever know that she lightened their burden. Her spirit deserves to know she was recognized in her best light.

Dear Poodle Sociation,

I would like to have a mohawk now that I got pretty close shaved for the summer and all and just my head is fluffy I think it would look nice. What do you think? Mommy says its passe but daddy says it would probly suit my personality better than any continental clip. Please let me kno?

Love,
Iggy

Jul '14

Mohawk yes, so long as it's dyed blue. "Just my head is fluffy" no. That boy needs to be bald!!

The Association has spoken.

Now back to my own grooming session, just a little bit to the right, you missed a spot...

Sugar Sugar
Jul '14

I don't think I can dye my mohawk blue I think that would be illegal in my house. What if I just make it spiky but not dye it blue?

Jul '14

You heard her. Blue. Period. The more illegal, the better. [tee hee, tee hee]

White Shoes White Shoes
Jul '14

how about a faux hawk iggy?

skippy skippy
Jul '14

Yes, yes, blue mohawk, like this.

Romeo Romeo
Jul '14

Now, *that's* Iggy Style.

I'm gonna see what I can do but seriously I don't think I have any blue jello for dye.

Jul '14

manic panic?

skippy skippy
Jul '14

Daddy bought me some purpal jello. He wants to go full speed ahead with the dyed mohawk idea but mommy is havin second thoughts. She says I am a farm poodle what do I seriusly want with a punk furcut?

Votes please we need votes: Mohawk for Iggles J. Snoots or no Mohawk for Iggles J. Snoots?

We will go with the decision of HL. Please also can other people besides the Cats from Poodle Sociation vote on this because we know if they had their way I would be tie-dye from nose to tail.

Love,
xoIggy

Jul '14

Mohawk and make it colorful.

Romeo Romeo
Jul '14

Definitely a dyed mohawk Iggles. You're gonna rock it! Can't wait for a pic.

Snoopy Snoopy
Jul '14

Trying to finish his Mohawk.

But I can't stop laughing.

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

What a good sport he is Rebecka and so darn cute.

Dye it pink and put a bow in it.

Poodle Association..... APPROVED!!

And if he complains - shave him bald!!

[snicker, snicker, snicker]

Sugar Sugar
Aug '14

We only have purple dye, though, Sugar. I hope that will do.

@wlb - I believe he wants the Mohawk. He is a real character in person... kind of a nutcase. He only needs suction-cup sneakers and he would be walking on the ceiling. The look will suit him perfectly.

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

Still waiting to see Iggy's new do......

I do so love purple......

tidy
Sep '14

Are you absolutely sure you are ready for this?

(Please let me know when you are sitting down.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

OK. Fine. Be that way. Purple will do. Poodle Association approved.

So be done with it and show us the stupid ridiculous poodle cut...

Anything less is just wrong. ;-)

Sugar Sugar
Sep '14

wow - Sugar is competing with http://www.grumpycats.com/

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

It's just the look I was goin' for! No more farm poodle for me!

Sep '14

White Shoes - Hey, sister, that's one sick little poodle. That's blue instead of either pink or purple. We still approve, right???

Sugar - It doesn't matter if we approved or not. I think his new boyfriend in prison is gonna approve of the pig tails. Good job Iggmeister Snooty Snoot. Our job here is done.

White Shoes White Shoes
Sep '14

geesh if I look at that pix again, I may need depends

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

OMG LMAO Iggy don't worry your number one fan will spring you from the big house. :)

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Sep '14

Looking pretty Snazzy there...Iggles!! You are just adorable...Don't pay any attention to Sugar and White Shoes teasing...they might be jealous...... signed: Miss Kitty

joyful joyful
Sep '14

OMG Iggy!!! That can't be real.. can it?? That is the best picture !!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Sep '14

IggMeister and Pippi Longstocking. Am I the only one to not be able to tell the two apart??

My cats want to know...

Glad there's a mental health care professional around.

The fuzzball looks like Pippi smoking crack! ::sigh:: dogs

Romeo Romeo
Sep '14

Pippi Cracksmoking....

OMG, that's Poodle Boy's new name. ;-)

I don't care who you are, that's a funny joke right there. Don't mind me, I'll be hurling in someone's shoes in a minute.

Sugar Sugar
Sep '14

Now *I* am ROFLMAO. "Pippi Cracksmokin'". I'm pretty sure that's his official new name. At least until the 'hawk grows out.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

keep this thread away from some of the others or some will want to send him to rehab....when all he really needs is - maybe a hat...

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

Well Iggy at least Mommy is better at the buzzers!

Christine Christine
Sep '14

Not sure if you mentioned..but does the J stand for "Jazzy"?

I thought the J stood for Ja'mon, since those braids kind of look like dreads. ::sigh:: dogs

Romeo Romeo
Sep '14

I was told the J was for Jinglebells and I think I'm goin' with that.

But Daddy just been callin me Schmohawk for the past week.

Sep '14

Schmuckhawk maybe.

I heard "J" was for Jackwagon.

So barkeep, can I get a tuna shooter when you get a chance?? Better make that a double, this is gonna be a long one...

White Shoes White Shoes
Sep '14

Romeo, my hero.

Sugar Sugar
Sep '14

Whitey my daddy said you need to have your mouth washed with soap for sayin the word 'schmuck.' Naughty naughty kitty. Your daddy has to get out the ivory and do you a good cleanin.

Sep '14

What's the matter poodle boy, feeling a little blue today? If anyone needs a bath, you do Snooty Snoot.

Don't listen to them, Iggles - you'll always be adorable in my book ( having met you in person, this latest look really suits you).

he looks Bluish - not Jewish - can't be a schmuck -

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

Its just one of those lazy September days

easy going guy
Sep '14

Hey Shuug and Whitey, here's what I got to say to ya.

Sep '14

Yes thank you for noticin my new collar with the spikes on it! We have looked and looked for a collar with studs on it in my 8 inch size and FINALLY found one! I am so bad lookin I can't even stand it.

Sep '14

Iggs, you have made me smile today, thank you..... I think your Mom needs to make postcards and sell them to all of your fans! I am sure Sugar and Whiteshoe would to have you as a pin up. I would pick up a couple too.

I must say you are really rocking the neck studs!

tidy
Sep '14

hilarious - thanks Iggy

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

opps I put the picture on the wrong thread, oh well enjoy it anyway

easy Going Guy
Sep '14

I would totally buy a postcard of Iggy. LOL

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Sep '14

Easy Going Guy - You got the perfect thread. ;-)

So what's this postcard going to be?

DARE Poster Poodle Pippi Cracksmoking - "Don't Let This Happen To You".

Sugar Sugar
Sep '14

Oh no Iggy. That's just wrong on so many levels. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Hey Bluey --- Neener Neener Neener.

White Shoes White Shoes
Sep '14

Willie Nelson joins a Sid Vicious tribute band?

Poodle Pippi Cracksmoking...yet another reason to keep your dog on a leash!
::sigh:: dogs

Romeo Romeo
Sep '14

I can has blue mohawk too?!!

Poppy Girl
Sep '14

I gotz blue, pink, and purple dye that says you can has any kinda mohawk you wants...

Stupidz dog. Romeo rulez.

Sugar Sugar
Sep '14

and this is what Pipsqueak thinks about that silly dog

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

Haha Pipsqueak! You managed to stick your tongue out and give the stink eye at the same time. I like it!

Poppygirl's pooch - I think you might need a bit of hair gel to make your mohawk hair stand up, but I bet your mom could pull that off. Keep us updated. You are adorable. CKC?

Sugar - we tried the purple dye, and it didn't stand out enough, so we went with your original suggestion of blue. I am happy you like it, and that the Poodle Association approves of Iggy's new look. However, it is not aging well. The 'hawk is all over the place, and I'm kind of tired of looking at it. I'm afraid he is one shampoo and cut away from back to being (semi-) normal again.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Competition for Iggy? http://www.attackchi.org.au

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

putty does not approve one bit... unless there's tuna involved

maybe an orange stripe down the middle for halloween!

(and yes CKC)

Poppy Girl
Sep '14

Tention: Poodle Sociation
Re: Complaint

Today I was put in tub an it is Not Even officially bath day* (Sundays is bath day). So I want ta know what recourse I can have because I am upset.

Also I do not like Extra Puffy poodle shampoo.

Thank you I look forward to hearin from you.

Feb '15

* I know what day it is cause I have my calendar.

Feb '15

Poodle Association
101 Kitty Kat Drive
Hack-cats-town NJ

Dear Dumb Dog,

We getz your complaint and we are happy to inform you of your recourse. Since it is not officially bath day, you getz second bath tomorrow!! You getz tub and Puffy-Stuff a second time! And don't complain again cause you asked for it...

Super Sincerely,

Poodle Association President

PS. Glad mommy got our delivery of shampoo, very sorry we are out of Super Poofy Poodle 'Poo. You getz that next time. Either that or Nair. You choose.

[sigh, my job here is done...]

Sugar Sugar
Feb '15

Can ya just tell me some thing: is there even One poodle at the Poodle Sociation? Cause I am not feelin it.

When are next elections?

P.s. Please send NO Friz shampoo not sooper poofy I yam already too puffy and Sheperds laugh. An if I get put in tub again tomorrow I am really really gonna run away I am not even kiddin.

Igglesnoots Igglesnoots
Feb '15

"Cause I am not feelin it."

What's your point poodle boy??

Elections, you think we gotz elections?

"Sheperds laugh."

Our job here is truly done.

White Shoes White Shoes
Feb '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.