Ghost Hunters

Saw 3 Black Trucks with T.A.P.S. yellow logo on Church Street by the college last night and they were all by the apartments at Main Street and Baldwin Street just a while ago. Anybody know whats up?

Htownlurker
Oct '08

John C is friends with them and has worked with them. I hope something spooky is going on!!!!

What's up John????

Michele Michele Message Michele
Oct '08

I saw them thru town also......must be taping...John fess up!

Christine Christine Message Christine
Oct '08

we NEED to know!!!!!!!!! fill in the gappppssss

Last night around 10 they were by the cemetery and church on Main Street. Lots of guys with cameras.

Htownlurker
Oct '08

Was the moon full? The air was very spooky last night.

That's a good sign they had cameras with them. This may mean they'll air the episode. I'm sure T.A.P.S. does a lot of investigations without filming them. I'd be interested to know how many cases they do that aren't shown on TV. I mean, TV only tapes for a certain number of months during the year, but T.A.P.S. seem to go out all year long. So there may be a bunch of investigations that they aren't taping for the show.

Megan
Oct '08

There's a cemetery on Main Street?

ianimal ianimal Message ianimal
Oct '08

By the big church towards the shell station

George
Oct '08

John is being verrry quiet!!!!

Oct '08

Not allowed to give out any info at this time since the investigation won't be finished until Saturday or Sunday. Sorry!

I know if you want to know I tell to the highest bidder! LOL!!!!!

Oct '08

The Moon was full last night and the clouds made it creepy.

I will pay $5 Christine.

Is there a lot of ghost stuff around here? I mean we all know the hooker man. And I know that the Mt Bethal church is suppose to be haunted. But I mean scary the crap out of you stuff.

Justasking
Oct '08

Sorry, my lips are sealed! Oh, the photo on the last post is Judy (the Ghost Medium) She is spooky!!!!!!

My lips arent sealed.

The first Bid should be $25! LMAO!

Oct '08

de ja vu...

TAPS, with their 3 black trucks, were seen in Toms River over the summer and here's the odd part...

They were located on Church Rd. just outside of the college(Ocean County University). And nearby is a cemetary or 2 dating back hundreds of years with many of the towns most notable people from founding families.

There is a cemetery on Main Street. The big date on the sign says 1763. There are Revolutionary War Heroes trying to rest there. It's between the Community Center and the Living Water Church.

Toms River was not an investigation. It was a personal stop over to visit friends.

personally I think TAPS just being seen around town is awesome Thanks John for having them visit and the great photos!!!!

chrisb
Oct '08

I am curious now. I dont watch much TV...no time really. What is TAPs and all this about? Today I have some time to kill and no beter way to find out about town than here!

hockeymom
Oct '08

Reminder: The Hackettstown Lantern Tours are THIS Friday and Saturday nights. Please join us for a fun and spooky walk through town.

To hockeymom: TAPS stands for "The Atlantic Paranormal Society" based out of Warwick Rhode Island with family groups and members located around the country. Sci-Fi channel (Comcast 24) broadcasts "Ghost Hunters" every Wednesday night beginning at 7 pm. Some past "local" investigations have been the Red Mill in Clinton, Salem County Jail, Forts Mifflin and Delawere, and the Staats House. Other non-famous local homes have also been investigated.
TAPS uses an scientific approach with an eye to disprove (or debunk) paranormal activity and find non-paranormal causes.

Thanks John for ALL your information.My curiosity is defintely peaked...I will have to look into this lantern tour

hockeymom
Oct '08

All proceeds of the tour go to the presevation of historic Hackettstown and is jointly sponsored by the Hackettstown Historical Society and the "Old Presbyterian Burial Ground" Committee. More info can be found at: www.hackettstownhistory.com

This is so cool! I have seen like every single episode of Ghost Hunters! I cant believe they are actually in Hackettstown! Can we at least know the exact locations of Hackettstown they are looking into… Charlie Browns maybe? I know of the old cemetery by the community center but I had never heard of that as being haunted. I know a couple of houses in town like the Board of Education building aka Wade House have paranormal stories attached to them too… where are they investigating?????

nanners
Oct '08

By the way, what is the time does the latest lantern tour start?

nanners
Oct '08

ok... I love ghost stories, etc..... but is there really proof?? I'd like to believe that death isn't the end.

unsure of the afterl
Oct '08

The last tours step off at 8:30 pm both nights!

idk if this is relevant but ive heard that the building that charlie brown's is in is supposedly haunted and ive also heard that a team similar to those ghost hunter shows you see on tv filmed something there a year or two back...it may have been false rumors but has anyone else heard stories similar to that???

my sis used to work there and told me a lot of weird things went on and she also lived in the apartments along side the building where i remember hearing that a woman died in i cant remember the the story tho...this kind of of stuff interest me i wanna know what other ppl think

B@ms
Oct '08

Stories about the old Clarian Hotel will be included in this weekends lantern tours!

John, how appropriate is the tour for kids?

CrunchyMom CrunchyMom Message CrunchyMom
Oct '08

B@ms - go back to the archives of the forum. TAPS and what they've been doing has been discussed to some extent by John C who's involved in that. So have the various stories about CB's.

John, is there a limit on how many people they tour at a time? What I mean to say is - if I show up, do you think I'll be able to purchase tickets and get a spot on the tour without making a reservation?

The stories are more entertaining than scary, so the kids should be fine for kids - the only consideration is the long walk. The tours will be a minimum of 45 minutes with one hour possible.

Hey jon c. Just outta pure quoriosnes, i know i cannot spell, i heard stories about the one firehouse on moore st. is haunted. I also heard from a good source that taps was contacted and they did return call to the firemen but when it came to setting up a date nothing happened, taps stopped returning phone calls and e-mails. would you know anything about it? I am very close to some of the members and i have heard some of the stories and have witnessed some of the wierd things that go on.

thats that thats that Message thats that
Oct '08

Okay John C, I have been a good girl and waited like you asked (plus I could not pay you off enough) So what were Ghosthunters looking at? Research? The whole deal

Justasking
Oct '08

John-

I live around the corner from you, and am fascinated by the paranormal...

where do the tours start on Friday night???

This is coool stuff...my daughter is coming back from school that night and is into this stuff...(the psych hospital that is closed and kids go to in S. Jersey...lots of weird things going on there...)

Thanks for the info in advance!

imurbrnidgrl imurbrnidgrl Message imurbrnidgrl
Oct '08

Hackettstown: Tillie Walk (Filmed)
Waterloo Village: Towpath Tavern (filmed-including Main St Cemetery
footage in Hackettstown)
Private Homes in Byram Twp and Sparta (Both filmed)

I cant wait to see it! Is it going to b aired on Halloween John?

Oct '08

Not this year.

oh boy! not this year wow. they must film way in advance. bahh humbug for not this year. but nice to know hackettstown was included at all. thanks taps and of course thanks john.

chrisb
Oct '08

Just came through town about 3 o'clock behind a convoy of TAPS trucks. They turned onto Baldwin Street. I should have followed them and get a autograph. LOL

Htownlurker
Oct '08

Just visiting! Tomorrow night is the 7 hour (yawn!!!!) live broadcast from Fort Delaware and Finns Point National Cemetery in New Jersey. Some of the local investigations got their result today.

....and???

Oct '08

Season 5! In March 2009.

Hey John, what about the former funeral home on washington st? any interesting facts? I have heard there are a few homes w/ paranormal activities over that way....

pipsqueak
Oct '08

John C:

A friend of mine in PA lives across from an old funeral home. It's now converted into a couple of apartments. The embalming the room is now a kitchen. Talk about creepy, bet you could get some activity there.

I'm not sure if I ever posted this here, but I thought you could relate.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/06/22/

Chris
Oct '08

Anyone else watching Ghost hunters Live? I am also online but it seems the website isnt working. Can anyone verify this?

Oct '08

i can't but i love the T.A.P.S team!!! it's the best show. very suspenceful

Lilly
Nov '08

Can someone let me know me what night and time Ghost Hunters is on. I can't seem to find it on TV.

PattyRoxbury
Nov '08

PattyRox - Wed. nites - SciFi channel! Frequently they run back to back episodes starting around 7 pm or so. If you have Comcast, they also have the latest season "On Demand". Enjoy!

Karen in LV Karen in LV Message Karen in LV
Nov '08

I'm just curious... when it comes to the existence of ghosts, is TAPS pro-, con- or impartial?

I mean, do they actively try to debunk claims or do they keep an open mind?

ianimal ianimal Message ianimal
Nov '08

All investigations are done with an open mind in order to either debunk or investigate real paranormal activity!

Thanks Karen in LV. Can't wait to watch.

PattyRoxbury
Nov '08

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.