Carnival Sept 27th

Does anyone know where you can obtain discount tickets for the carnival on sept 27th..what are the costs of a prepaid wristband for Friday night?

Heather Heather Message Heather
Sep '13

I would hit the Hackettstown BID office, I'm sure they have them. If not they would surely know where to get them.

http://www.hackettstownbid.com/news/2013/8/2nd-annual-bid-blast-carnival-sept

Greg Greg Message Greg
Sep '13

Heather...I have a couple that you can have that are good for $3.00 off unlimited rides wristband. They are for Friday and Sunday, only..however. I you would like them, please PM me....

joyful joyful Message joyful
Sep '13

Petals n'Pine on Main street has them

Caroyln
Sep '13

Advance Discount Tickets will be - $15 for 30 tickets - BUT they are not available YET...

They will be available At the BID office or at the following area businesses:

Jack's Scissor Wiz
Harpers Bake Shop
Fulton Bank Mountain Avenue
Fulton Bank Crossroads Center

Regular priced tickets are available for purchase at the Blast
$1.25 per tickets - Rides are 3, 4 or 5 tickets each

Wristbands are only available for purchase at the Blast!
Friday - $30 Sunday - $25

Petals N' Pine and other businesses will have the Wristband Coupons for $3 off the wristbands! We will also have them at the upcoming Street Fair!

As soon as Advance tickets are available I'll let you know!

what carnival ? where is this ?

proudmom12 proudmom12 Message proudmom12
Sep '13

proudmom - here's the info!

http://www.hackettstownbid.com/news/2013/8/2nd-annual-bid-blast-carnival-sept

2nd Annual BID Blast Carnival - Sept. 27 - 29

The Hackettstown Business Improvement District celebrates Fall with the BID Blast Carnival! As summer winds down and kids are back in school, there's still time to have fun! The BID Blast Weekend Carnival runs from Friday September 27th - Sunday September 29th at the American Legion on Willow Grove Street and is sponsored in part by Johnson Dodge Chrysler Jeep. Look for your favorite rides, games and carnival food!

The Blast will operate during the following days and times:

Friday September 27th 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Saturday September 28th 12 noon - 10:00 pm
Sunday September 29th 12 noon - 5:00 pm

Executive Director Jim Sheldon is excited to have the Carnival return. "The Fall Carnival gives our community the chance to enjoy one last bit of fun event before winter sets in. It gives those families that did not have the opportunity to go to an amusement park a chance to enjoy the rides and the Carnival fun." Mr. Sheldon commented.

Advance discount tickets will be available from area businesses with regular price tickets purchased at the Blast. In addition wristbands will be available on Friday and Sunday.

Advance Discount Tickets - $15 for 30 tickets
Will be available At the BID office or at the following area businesses:

Jack's Scissor Wiz
Harpers Bake Shop

Wristbands are only available for purchase at the Blast!
Friday - $30 Sunday - $25

To get a sneak peek at what some of the rides may be go to http://www.blueskyamusements.com/our_midway/our_midway.asp

Thank you to Johnson Dodge Chrysler Jeep for their Sponsorship of the BID Blast Carnival!

Sorry to have to say BUT.... $30.00 for a wristband is really pushing the limit here... granted $3.00 off with coupon is way out of the ball park IMO..only 3-4 rides for kids middle school-high school. and for the little ones, again maybe 3-4 rides. Major water parks are not that much... think the Bid needs to take this into consideration.....:(

scoop scoop Message scoop
Sep '13

Thanks for your comments scoop.... Believe it or not the Carnival is not a huge money-maker. Unfortunately the costs do not allow us to reduce the expense. We bring it to the town and to the Willow Grove side so that those who don't have the means or time to get to the big parks get a chance to enjoy some summer fun.

Wendy @Hkt BID Wendy @Hkt BID Message Wendy @Hkt BID
Sep '13

Are tickets available yet?

Yes they are available......

Advance discount tickets will be available from area businesses with regular price tickets purchased at the Blast. In addition wristbands will be available on Friday and Sunday.

Advance Discount Tickets - $15 for 30 tickets
Will be available At the BID office or at the following area businesses:

Jack's Scissor Wiz
Harpers Bake Shop

Christine Christine Message Christine
Sep '13

My son just picked up a sheet of tickets for me from Fulton and they charged him $20 for it, not $15!

What's up with that? Wendy?

SueR SueR Message SueR
Sep '13

SueR call the BID Office NOW! Tell them.

Sep '13

I called the BID, $20 IS the correct price.

SueR SueR Message SueR
Sep '13

BTW, the link in the HL calendar and the link in the email from the BID on 9/9 both took me to a "Page Not Found". So I just went by what I read here.

Now I know, If you go to the BID's web page and click on the carnival from there, you will see the correct info.

SueR SueR Message SueR
Sep '13

UH OH Wendy did a oops. I just checked. I just copied and pasted her info on here. LOL!

Sorry SueR

Sep '13

There goes Christine again! A plethora of misinformation!

ky,

Before you get too excited read the comments again. Someone from the BID itself posted the wrong info before Christine did, sorry to break it to you...

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73 Message Lori...since '73
Sep '13

ky- what is your beef with Christine. Get over yourself. Good grief, it's a carnival. You probably won't attend anyway. Change the page.

auntiel auntiel Message auntiel
Sep '13

Thanks for the backup girls. ky likes to change names and just spew hate. I will ignore it. If I posted the wrong info I would have said I did. BUT as I stated above I just copied and pasted from above so Ben would not have to reread the whole thread.

See that's me trying to be helpful. Oh BTW anyone going I will be working in the ticket booth Sat & Sun. Stop by and say Hi! We always need volunteers. ky?

Sep '13

I'm so sorry confusion! I remembered it on the Patch, our Website and Facebook and even the calendar here points to the correct information.

The BID Bash Carnival is this weekend and it looks to be fantastic weather! - Remember you must purchase Advance Discount Tickets before NOON Today - $20 for 30 tickets -

At the following locations:

Jack's Scissor Wiz - 170 Main Street
Leo's Lunch - 268 Main Street
Fulton Bank - 176 Mountain Ave.
Fulton Bank - Crossroads Ctr. - Route 517 South, Independence
HBID Office - 207 Main Street

Wristband coupons are also available at these and other locations around town!
Regular priced tickets are available for purchase at the Bash!

oh and here's the link --- again my apologies for the confusion.

http://www.hackettstownbid.com/news/2013/8/2nd-annual-bid-bash-carnival-sept

Why are crossing guards working at the carnival and getting paid? What will they be doing Wendy?? Curious and just asking!

whitey whitey Message whitey
Sep '13

Wendy,

Maybe the BID should honor your mistake.

neighborhood watcher
Sep '13

The crossing guards are there to cross pedestrians that are walking whitey.

Sep '13

NW - the mistake was corrected on every location prior to ticket sales, except this page, which prior posts cannot be edited.

Thanks Christine - Whitey, not only for common sense, but the town and insurance company requires them.

trekster3 trekster3 Message trekster3
Sep '13

my kids had a blast at the Carnival yesterday and the weather all weekend was perfect.

darwin darwin Message darwin
Sep '13

It was a gorgeous weekend! Saw a lot of HL folks at the carnival. It was a nice time for all. I LOVED watching the kids while selling tickets. They were so cute and excited! Especially one HL little girl who now likes rides. I saw her face and it was precious. She was all smiles......so were her brothers! They took her on rides and she was so happy.

Sep '13

I know who your talking about Christine. :)

jrsemom jrsemom Message jrsemom
Sep '13

We sure do hope everyone enjoyed the Carnival! Thanks for coming out on the beautiful weekend! Up Next --- Hometown Holiday!

I didn't know before, but now that *you* mention it jrsemom, I bet I'm not the only one who can name that Rock Star in one note or less:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E

I think you are right jrsemom!

Sep '13

Last year she cried on the few rides she tried. Even at the Spring Carnival she didn't want to go on any rides except the slide with her Daddy. I was surprised at how much she loved it this time around.

jrsemom jrsemom Message jrsemom
Oct '13

What a difference a year makes! She made me smile everytime I saw her.

Oct '13

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Carnival Sept 27th
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Your Web Site (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.