Weis Online Shopping

If no one know that Weis doing online shopping now. And you pull up in a place and puch the bell there and they being it to you. 1st time is free and after that is $4.95 and they do all the work for you. The page you go to is www.weismarkets.com Anyone try it please post how they like it and etc.

Hackettstown NJ Hackettstown NJ
Aug '13

Not to happ, I sat in my car for 20 mins. It would have been faster going in :( I was really looking forward to this too!

marci marci
Aug '13

I used to use it when I lived in PA every single week. I LOVED it! I never overspent because you have a total online before you go. And you don't get sidetracked by items you don't really need. Then they load your car for you. It's amazing. Maybe the wait was long at this location because it's brand new and they're still getting used to the system. But TRY it!

Challah Challah
Aug '13

I use the shop at home service at the Shoprite in Washington, they charge $10.00 and I love it. Worth every penny, willing to give Weis a try, looking forward to it.

Diane629 Diane629
Aug '13

Marci, you went on the first or second day, there are probably kinks that need to be worked out. I'm sure you weren't perfect your first or second day of doing a job.

Patrocino Patrocino
Aug '13

I am not a fan of Weis, way too many times I have found expired items on the shelves there. If I am going to do shop from home grocery shopping I just Byram Shoprite and have them deliver it to my kitchen. Worth every single penny!!!

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Aug '13

Every 5th time is free at Shop Rite in Washington. Love it!!!

Ensjr Ensjr
Aug '13

I usually go to Washington to pick mine up from ShopRite, so I'm looking forward to trying Weis, cheaper and closer.

Birdie Birdie
Aug '13

As Mommyof3 said regarding expiration dates at Weis .... I have found that soooo many times myself and brought the items to Customer Service attention. I even commented about that problem at the Mansfield Weis location to Corporate Weis when I got an email from them asking for suggestions etc. for Weis improvements. I stopped buying Dairy products, especially, at the local Weis. I don't know if they've taken steps to correct that particular problem. I'll have to check it out.

MrsPipes MrsPipes
Aug '13

I also go to the Washington Shoprite for this. They have a better selection of organic produce and it's worth the trip! I wish Mansfield Shoprite would offer online shopping and pickup. The Byram Shoprite offers it but the pickup fee is more and the produce is not as good.

Jules Jules
Aug '13

MrsPipes, how long ago did you do all that? I've avoided buying dairy products at Weis because of that too, but I check the dates on everything now. I got really mad once because something was a good sale and I had coupons and all the product on the shelf was over a week past the date.

Tracy Tracy
Aug '13

Tracy, My memory is not exact I'm sure, but my email to Corporate Weis was about 6 months or so ago. I really have not checked out or bought Dairy for at least that long from the local Weis; probably a bit longer. I, personally, have never found a problem with Shop Rite's Dairy or cold case item dates, not ever. Perhaps other shoppers have, but I've not heard anything about that happening at Shop Rite.

MrsPipes MrsPipes
Aug '13

I shop at Weis a lot because the Shop Rite parking lot and shopping situation is a mess. I've never had an issue with expired dairy products.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Aug '13

I shop at Weis all of the time and I will say that the expired items (especially Dairy) is a HUGE problem. I complained about this to corporate too and have brought the items up to customer service. I don't know how the restocking of items goes in a grocery store, but it is a little crazy with how many expired items there are. On that note, I am excited to try this online shopping every once in awhile, although I still like actually going into the store myself. I will give it a shot and see how it goes.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Aug '13

i do see expired dairy at both places. I usually bring it up to the counter at Weiss or show it to the fellow in the aisle. Because it is such a hassle at Shop Rite, I just usually don't buy the item. If I see someone there, I will report it, but they just look at me like I am crazy. Shop Rite in Chester, however, is better...

acl76 acl76
Aug '13

well on my way to pick up my order....... will let you all know how it went..... Ordered all my stuff for christmas eve dinner and Christas day dinner ...... and tons of other stuff........ will update when i get back... with the Holidays the $4.95 fee is well worth it.......

dismom dismom
Dec '13

well that went pretty well............. no wait..... took my coupons..... but got home and 2 items were missing....... i called and they offered to drive them right over to me..... told them to PLEASE not to...... it wasnt that important........ so they are just going to issue a credit........... nothing expired..... everything looked great...... will be doing this more often............. now to cook.... Merry Christmas everyone

dismom dismom
Dec '13

dismom- thanks for the reminder, did this today for the first time! What would normally take me an hour plus, took me 20 min! Wahoo!

trekster3- trekster3-
Dec '13

I placed my first online order. So easy, so far. I think I could get used to it.

happycamper happycamper
Dec '13

If you place an online order this week at Weis.....(.12/29-1/4) and the total is $150.00+ make sure you enter the code SAVE20 at checkout. This code will take $20.00 off the order you just placed! :)

Ladyskidog Ladyskidog
Dec '13

Thanks for pointing that out Ladyskidog.

I used their service for the first time last week the day before Christmas and it was great! It took less than 5 minutes for pickup. I pulled up, notified them that I was there and the girl came out with my stuff, put it in my car and give me my receipt. I had already paid online through PayPal so there was nothing else I needed to do or wait for.

I justed picked up my order and everything was there. I think it is worth the $4.50.

happycamper happycamper
Dec '13

You are welcome Sue R. I picked up an order yesterday. I was SO HAPPY to find that coupon code. It made the decision to " shop at Weis online" even easier. :) Hope someone else here on HL can enjoy the savings too!

Ladyskidog Ladyskidog
Dec '13

Do you tip for this service? And if so, based on % of cost? I would feel bad if I stiffed someone.

Snoopy Snoopy
Dec '13

I did this for the first time a few weeks ago and I thought it was great. The order was perfect, they called with a few questions and that was it. In and out in 10 min. I tipped $5 cause it was a big order but I am sure tips are appreciated. They are your personal shopper. The tip should not be based on the cost but I think $5 to $8 is the normal range. If you only had a few bags maybe less. In my opinion if you are not going to tip then don't do this service. This is a convenience, so in the end that comes with a price.

Then again, this is an argument in my house all the time. I tip everyone even picking up food for takeout. I tip gas attendants when the weather is extremely cold or snowing. My husband thinks I am wrong but they way I look at it is everyone works so hard. I am fortunate to have a job where I do not have to deal with extreme working conditions and I am very grateful when I get great service and someone seems to enjoy their job no matter how much they make.

Summernic Summernic
Dec '13

Summernic, I agree completely.

Snoopy Snoopy
Dec '13

snoopy...... on the weis website is states....'tips are not allowed'..........

dismom dismom
Dec '13

Summernic.......... I tipped the first time i used the service...... but not the 2nd time after I read that " tipping was Not allowed"............. honestly did not want to get anyone in trouble...........

dismom dismom
Dec '13

I didn't know Weis was doing this. It's a lot closer than going all the way out to Washingtons Shop-Rite. And it's cheaper to boot! I'll have to try this. Thanks for the info everyone. There are times I can't do the food shopping (physically) and I shop for the week for 6 people. Breakfast lunch dinner snacks etc. It's a pretty big order. It took me so long to "shop" on Shop-Rite's website. Almost as long as it took to actually shop.

jaemae jaemae
Dec '13

After the second time I open meat purchased at weis that had good dates and looked fine but were rancid enough to stink out the kitchen, I decided that I'd rather deal with the crowds at shop rite.

The_Bishop The_Bishop
Dec '13

That's a good point... I don't like Weis meat dept. They're pretty good at returning stuff, but who wants to go all the way back into town to do that. It ends up costing more for gas and time spent etc. What a pain in the arse.

jaemae jaemae
Dec '13

I've been using Shop-rite on=line for years, and never had a problem paid $10.00 and every 5th order it was free, but had to drive to Washington, I used Weiss last week for first time and was very pleased, it was closer and was only $ 4.95. They called with questions and everything was great, being disabled this works out great. I will use them again

Weis Online in HKTWN saves the day (yet again)!!! Sick kid home from school - now I can get my groceries done without dragging a sick kid through the store!!

trekster3- trekster3-
Mar '14

Just wanted to pass the info.......weis on line dropped their fee to $2.95 and if your order is over $150 there is no fee...........

dismom dismom
Jan '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.