Billiards near Hackettstown?

Does anyone know of a place were you can play pool and have a drink in or around Htown?

hackettstown mom hackettstown mom
Aug '13

Marleys Gotham Grill on Main St.

Christine Christine
Aug '13

The new Jenny Jump place (old Bar46) has a pool table.

Hackettstownian
Aug '13

High Noon in Budd Lake
Philbert's in Washington

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '13

Do any of these places offer free pool?

Poolshark
Aug '13

I think Marley's has free pool on Wednesdays. Other than that, the only other free pool I know of is at my local social club in Oxford.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '13

Pavillion Bar in Budd Lake - Free Pool and Shuffle Board and $1.00 Drafts 12-6 Every Day!!!!!

Fallenangelle Fallenangelle
Aug '13

If I ever get laid off, I know where I'll be spending most of my afternoons....

ianimal ianimal
Aug '13

It appears they are opening a new billards place next to IHOP on Mountain Ave. I don't think they will be serving alcoholic drinks since I don't think there's a liquor license.

Mallrey's has free pool one night a week I think it's Tuesday

Penningslandscaping Penningslandscaping
Jul '14

There is a pool hall in rockaway...it is byob

annie annie
Jul '14

Right next to IHOP in town a place called boulder dans is opening says billards and cafe

Booster90 Booster90
Jul '14

Boulder Dan's Billiards just opened up.

198 Mountain Ave
(908) 850-7617

Scott Eisenahrdt Scott Eisenahrdt
Jul '14

Do they have a website? Facebook page? What are the particulars? Hours, prices etc?

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

Thanks Scott, I'll see what we can find out!

Wendy @ Hkt BID Wendy @ Hkt BID
Jul '14

Did they buy the joint with cash they won by betting on a horse named Saber Tooth?

ianimal ianimal
Jul '14

Went there lastnight... Prices are by the hour...
$8-1 player
$7-2 player
$6-3 player
$5-4 player

Booster90 Booster90
Jul '14

No Flintstones fans on here? Meh...

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Jul '14

Thanks Booster. Do they have regulation sized tables? How many tables? Thanks.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

Any chance there's a snooker table?

Fuji
Jul '14

Booster90, I assume those prices are per person? I've seen Calico play. She'd be better off paying by the game instead of by the hour. Lol, just kidding.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Jul '14

LOL ianimal. How about a challenge?

Snooker table? How big is this place?

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

Sure... regulation table and you aren't allowed to use the "sissy stick" (-;

ianimal ianimal
Jul '14

We drove past last night...not sure exactly but looked like at least 6-8 tables.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Jul '14

Hahahaha! Where's that confounded bridge?

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

I'm not a pool shark so I'm not sure about the size but they look like average size I guess . Think there are 8 tables. Prices are per person per hour .. They have some snacks and drinks.. They are working on getting some wireless speakers in there for some music ... Not sure how much foot traffic they will get but I hope they make it.

Booster90 Booster90
Jul '14

Per person, per hour pricing is silly, imo. That means you are paying more to play less. If I play all by myself, I am playing the full hour. If I play with another person, that means I'm actually only getting half an hour of play while the other person is getting the other half hour. With three people, 1/3 of an hour of actual play. You can keep doing the math.

IMO, pool halls should be priced based on renting a set of balls for an hour. It should not matter how many people are at the table.

Joel - I agree!

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

We got a little information -

http://www.hackettstownbid.com/restaurants/boulder-dans

Look for their Grand Opening Sept. 13th - Details to follow

Wendy @ Hkt BID Wendy @ Hkt BID
Jul '14

Peeked in there last night on our way to IHOP and it looks like a pretty cool place. Wishing them the best!

joyful joyful
Jul '14

Amateur Pool Leagues forming in Warren County in September
Handicap Skill Levels make it fun for all to play.
Beginners Wanted!
Local Tournaments - National Tournaments in Las Vegas
Check out our web site ==> http://northjersey.apaleagues.com

APA of Northern NJ
apfersch@apaleagues.com
862-251-4288

Trust me, playing in the APA of Northern NJ will make you want to slit your throat after about a month. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

Boulder Dan's Billiards now hosting 9-ball cash tournaments starting Oct. 16th @ 7:30...

John D. John D.
Oct '14

Cue Connection 2 just opened up at 308 West Stiger street in Hackettstown. There is also ping pong,quoits and soon there will be shuffle board tables too.

Nice to hear that a new place opened up. I wish them luck, none of the others have lasted. A billiards hall opened up on 31 in Washington a few months ago. I never see any cars there.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '16

I am going to go tonight with my 25 y/o Son to play pool , ping pong and watch the March Madness. It is SUCH A SHAME that this generation of millennials, if that's what we call them (born between 1984 and 2004? ) - they are too hooked to their computers and phones playing games, video games, web based games, etc. etc. - This is a generation that does NOT take to shooting pool and playing ping pong. It's too bad that good ol' fun is not catching on with this generation - Sooooo Sad ! Oh well.

Bobby Noodles Bobby Noodles
Mar '17

I play pool when I get the chance--- I'm a millennial (technically).

brendan brendan
Mar '17

The millenniums are tech savvy for certain...I was raised to do things with my hands....never played pool before. An old friend had a neighbor who had one ...one day hope to go watch a match at this new place.

Hank Arthur
Mar '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.