Lock up in Panther Valley!

Most are unaware about the recent string of car and home thefts in Panther Valley. There has even been one or more home invasions.
The State Police are now present day and night.
**Please keep all doors and windows locked.

concerned concerned
Aug '13

Must be a inside job. Watch your neighbors.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Aug '13

Home invasions??? Can you give us any more details on what you know? Locations, times, dates?

Ladybug Ladybug
Aug '13

Home invasions are burglaries while people are home...usually violent/involving weapons. Please do not misinform people. I would consider this situation as home/car theft.

Steven Steven
Aug '13

Home Invasion as in walking in a home while someone is there. In this case, sleeping. Yes, home invasion.

concerned concerned
Aug '13

Re: Lock up in Panther Valley!

all the more reason...

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Aug '13

What areas in PV - townhomes, towards back gate, towards front gate? Or are these happening across all the neighborhoods?

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Aug '13

"The State Police are now present day and night.
**Please keep all doors and windows locked."

'nuff said...

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Aug '13

I asked the community managers to respond to this initial post with accurate information about what is /is not happening. I haven't seen the state police at all recently --

when i lived there i heard it was happening by the front gate a few years back. happy i left.

JFdaGR8
Aug '13

Seems to be a trend in this area!

http://longvalley.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/15-cars-burglarized-in-long-valley-monday-morning

Lady Jayne Lady Jayne
Aug '13

My sister is by the back gate and she has seen the state troopers patrolling all morning

Ensjr Ensjr
Aug '13

The Association did respond when asked. This is happening everywhere in the community, front and back. In my area, near the back pool, 2 neighbors had vehicle thefts and one had a home theft. In the front, a friend and his neighbor had vehicle thefts.
And its happening at night and during the day.
Most people are unaware of this.
The days of keeping your doors unlocked for even a minute are over.

concerned concerned
Aug '13

I keep seeing a young man walking around our area (near the back gate), wearing a hooded sweatshirt (hood over his head) which I thought was so odd because it was on hot days. I will definitely pay more attention...

Jules Jules
Aug '13

Dont judge someone wearing a hoodie.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Aug '13

Does anyone have any information on whether or not the people committing these crimes were ever caught? Is anything being done to prevent them from continuing? Have any of these "home invasions" been violent or resulted in the homeowners being harmed in any way or is just people looking to steal stuff inside the home?

I live in PV and this is very disconcerting and would like to find out more information before jumping to conclusions.

PV resident
Aug '13

Jules - not saying you shouldn't be concerned, especially when this is happening in your neighborhood, but I have seen kids wearing hoodies in all types of weather. Its just something some kids do. If you see him again and feel something is not right, call the police and let them check him out. Be safe!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Aug '13

bothered, I'm not judging anyone wearing a hoodie - I've seen this young man several times and did not judge him. Just thought it was odd since it was one of those heavy sweatshirt hoodies on such hot days.

Don't go jumping to conclusions that it's an inside job.

Jules Jules
Aug '13

Excuse me - been there quite a few times in my life and you have to go thru the gate and tell them who you are going to see and that person had to contact the gate to tell them you are coming. Correct? So how can just anyone get in??

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Aug '13

^ Was the guy possibly exercising and using the hoodie to sweat more? Maybe could be a guy from the firehouse running?

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Aug '13

D-ManPV, I had thought of that because I know guys who were wrestlers that used to do that to lose water weight. This guy was not running, he was just walking very calmly. Definitely was not exercising.

Jules Jules
Aug '13

concerned - there was a post on the front info board by the gate about 2 months ago re locking cars and doors. When I checked there had been a few incidents with unlocked cars and front doors. There has been no further reminder or information about these things continuing. I am told by management that on rare occasion things like this can occur - thought to be teens ..........I am single and have no concerns until such time as I am officially notified that we have a big problem. Having lived in several multidwelling communities and been on several boards, I know how quickly rumors develope and rumors fly. I think what gets posted should be verified first and the source cited. I am all for smart caution - but not in favor of scaring people excessively based on all the he said she said stuff. I certainly appreciate being warned when appropriate.
If any residents have a concern that someone may be doing something inappropriate or acting in a suspicious manner, they should immediately call the security folk or state police.

Isn't the point of living in a gated community (and paying a lot of money to do so!) to have more security and feel safe? This kind of voids the appeal of living in PV...

Lifer Lifer
Aug '13

This has been verified.
3 of my neighbors have filed police reports for theft.
Call the State Police and ask for the detectives in charge of the Panther Valley situation.
Doubtful Panther Valley will notify every resident but they did tell me personally there has been over 20 incidents since June...

concerned concerned
Aug '13

"Isn't the point of living in a gated community (and paying a lot of money to do so!) to have more security and feel safe? This kind of voids the appeal of living in PV..."

There is very little security gained by installing decorative fences and hanging strongly worded No Trespassing signs. It's almost as if the criminals don't care that what they are doing is illegal...

The only things that will make criminals think twice about breaking the law are the risks of getting hurt, killed, or apprehended.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Aug '13

I was one of those people who had a home invasion where someone snatched my purse in the wee hours of the morning Our TV was on and everything!

It was nonviolent but still terrifying. So yes, lock everything. Just because you live in a gated community doesn't mean you can leave doors open. Our bad!

I live near the back gate and have seen more police presence.

"Gated" means nothing if the criminal lives inside the gates. Very possible. You have to check in at the gate if you dont live there, so if you think its NOT a "inside job" then how are the criminals getting in?

JMO - a lot of PV doesn't appeal to me.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Aug '13

The office confirms that the state police are actively investigating and an arrest may be coming soon - Let's hope so. Folks who don't live here- the gates don't prevent people from walking onto the property or biking in from many places..........We are not fenced everywhere.............nor would I want to be...........But those who drive in, unless a resident with bar code on their car - can only get thru the gate with the ok from homeowners. No place is immune from problems and we are a huge community.

I live near the back gate in panther valley. I jog in the summer with a hoodie on. It helps me lose weight and keeps me cooler in the heat. Once I'm done running I walk calmly to cool down. If you think I'm a threat then call the police on me.

OK Tom, you are exempt as a suspect :-). I've probably passed you on the jogging circuit myself!

I was told by the guard at the front gate that when the sign out there had "lock your doors" etc. on it, that was in response to a rash of burglaries from parked cars, meaning people would go around and steal things out of unlocked cars.

So lock your car doors, a good first step to avoiding theft.

Whether thieves went into homes (locked or unlocked) I haven't heard anything. I certainly haven't heard anything about home invasions, and in a community the size of PV you'd think that would make the rounds straightaway if it actually happened.

As for the effectiveness of the gates in PV, it's mostly a facade; as posters above noted, thieves could simply be PV residents as well. The guards at the gate-house seem to be inconsistent in how they admit non-residents; I've gotten through the visitor gate many times just by telling them I lived there and was driving a different car.

Matt D Matt D
Aug '13

The Panther Valley gates provide some measure of security, but they are not fool proof! PV is a big place, and a few years ago when there were vehicles thefts, it did turn out to be an "inside job."

I love living in Panther Valley, and I do enjoy the peace of mind that the gate brings, but anyone who thinks that the gate means there will never be any criminal activity is mistaken!

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Aug '13

I used to live there as well and as Matt D said, it's pretty easy to get through the gate.

My spouse didn't realize he had his window rolled down and the sticker to signal the gate wasn't showing, so the gate did not open for him. He gave the guard a look and the guard pushed the button to open the resident's gate for him.

I've also been riding in a friend's car and told them I lived there, some guards will ask for your name and address and others won't. Even when you give it to them, they kind of shuffle some papers around, say okay, have a good day and open the gate. Not sure it they actually looked me up or not.

I was behind someone at the back gate and they had the sticker or a copy of a sticker in their hand which they held up to the scanner to get in.

The most disturbing incident, my husband and I were with a friend who was driving and we came back late in the evening probably around midnight. When she got to the guard, she told him "nursing" as she worked in home health for my parents as well as other patients who lived in PV at the time. It's midnight and there are 3 people in the car and the guard opened the gate, no questions asked. She told me because of HIPAA, they could not ask who she was going to see, but she didn't even flash an id that night. Granted, the guard may have recognized her from her daytime visits and we did have her on our admit list, but this should have raised questions.

Lynnada Lynnada
Aug '13

There is no bubble just because you live in panther valley.

Probably some kid funding his meth habit...

iJay3 iJay3
Aug '13

The last time this crime spree (car burglaries) happened (2 or 3 years ago - kid nicknamed Bug), and the series before that in the late 1990's, it was 18+ year old residents of Panther Valley (ie young adult children of PV residents). Both groups were prosecuted and went to jail. I believe the 2-3 year ago one, was just released from jail in the past few months. They have stickers; they have the right to be in the neighborhood; PV needs more patrols especially by the new tennis courts, where there are drinking parties. Cans of Miller Lite are beside the tennis courts every time I play as well as a broken bottle of wine. I reported it to PV but no one ever went to clean it up. The broken bottle was there for at least two weeks. Security should patrol there or put in cameras.

observer3 observer3
Aug '13

Wake up people. Crime is happening everywhere due to the economy and drugs. Always be aware of your surroundings and lock your doors. And for the idiots that like to post personal info on facebook such as vacation plans and your work schedule stop it.

In my opinion there is a huge drug problem in Hackettstown just like most towns with multi family housing and not enough being done to curtail it by law enforcement.

jereycash5
Aug '13

I live in PV too sad to see that this is happening. All I have to say to the criminal is " The door you just kicked in was for your protection not mine"! We always lock our doors and cars to. Better to be safe then sorry.

maxdout2596 maxdout2596
Aug '13

Ess next time you see me jogging stop me and introduce yourself!

Played tennis yesterday. The broken wine bottle on the court, which I reported over 3 weeks ago to PVPOA is still in back corner along with a broken umbrella. Maybe they should spend a little less money on curbing and a little more money on patroling. Perhaps there is a link between the beer and wine consumption by the new tennis courts and the car break ins. Even if there isn't, PVPOA should not be ignoring teenage drinking parties and destruction of property.

Observer3 Observer3
Aug '13

I haven't heard the details, but a man was arrested in Panther Valley last night after breaking into someone's vehicle. Apparently, there is some undercover surveillance taking place now to prevent more occurrences.

Darleen Darleen
Aug '13

@Tom I haven't seen you jogging but if I do can I introduce myself? lol
@observer I second everything you said.

luvjaz luvjaz
Aug '13

Fact is this has been going on for years, and Panther Valley knows how serious it is , and has not come clean about this problem and has not put adequate security in place to protect it's residents.
They are not coming in the gate with "cars or "bikes" they live here.
They are not just robbing cars, but going into houses.
Let the State Police do their job and they will, but Panther Valley needs to put in place policy that protect it's residents.
Their is a lot of money spent on maintenance, but our community is stuck in a 1980's time warp. Lighting that is 30 years old is the first place to start. It is dangerous to go to your car at night when you can't see who is in your vicinity AND VERY easy to rob. We need a full time security staff that is trained in law enforcement to patrol, and not put this weight on the NJ State Police. Our pools, and courts need to be vacated when not in use...loitering, drinking, and smoking weed is not normal use"
Our community needs to protect each other. If you see something that does not look right report it. Protect your family, neighbors and property value by voicing your concerns before something happens that can not get fixed. Drugs are never going to go away, but without the PVPOA being proactive this will only get worse.

Reality Check Reality Check
Aug '13

Luvjaz, Of course! Haha. I'm always jogging around in a black sweatshirt. Be careful though, I could be deemed a criminal cause of my sweatshirt in the summer.

I thought it would be interesting to note since we're talking about the PV security that I called the security gate house when they had the sign posted in the beginning of the summer that said 'lock all doors and windows' to inquire about what exactly that meant and why it was being posted. The guard who answered the phone said 'uh I don't know anything about that, I just work here on the weekends' I was shocked by this - the security guard did not have an explanation about why we were being warned to lock our doors and windows. Unbelievable!

PV resident
Aug '13

They caught the guy doing it and he has been arrested before for the same thing.
Its in todays paper (online)

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Aug '13

keep children in sight

oh welll
Aug '13

What does the security guard(s) do in PV? Are they only sitting in the guardhouse, or is there actually security staff doing other things?

I have seen a guy drive by and stop to record a bar-code sticker on the back of the stop sign behind my house on a nightly basis. Anybody have an idea what that's all about?

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Aug '13

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2013/08/allamuchy_township_man_previou.html#incart_river

This guy is currently down the path of a wasted life at light speed. It is not too late, but the odds are against him...

iJay3 iJay3
Aug '13

hey neighbors,
let's not get hysterical over this - we live in the real world - am glad the guy was arrested - but I'm not going to let someone like him make me afraid to be out on foot at night - this is a lovely quiet community - glad I moved her last January. I don't know of any community that is completely immune to visits from losers - It stinks but he's in jail and with his apparent record - we have to hope they keep him there a good long time......

Google his name. This is nothing new for him.

Hector
Aug '13

What a dirt bag. Hope he stays locked up for a good long time. Need a neighborhood watch .

A good day
Aug '13

Nan, while it's nice to say don't panic, if you are a victim as was my daughter you might feel a little differently. This lovely neighbor was terrorizing our street for months, he is now in drug rehab. The point is we pay a premium to live in a protected gated community our board has failed miserably in protecting our community. They do a great job pointing out broken fences and threatening fines and removing good curbs to replace them with ship's ballast.

It seems like something should be done before it gets to this point. Who was the dirtbag living with? A relative.?

A good day
Aug '13

D-Man PV: The security vehicle has to drive around on a certain schedule, and he has to scan those bar codes to prove that he did, in fact, drive around. When he scans the code it records on the system that he was where he was supposed to be on the patrol route.

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Aug '13

If you google anton i baadzhi's name it appears this youn man has ben in a lot of trouble. Also, something a little scary if it is true a web site with baadzhi's name is associated as being employedd with Dan Russ landscape rockport rd mansfield nj that is scary to think this guy mowing grass and scoping out their house and the homeowner's don't realize who the landscaper has working for him. Scary you never know who the businessowner's workers backgrounds are. This is not good for business.

oh welll
Aug '13

George Zimmerman is looking for a job. Problem solved.

MikeL MikeL
Aug '13

The PVPOA did not do enough to warn the community about the ongoing thefts, home invasions, and dangerous situation we faced every night. It would have not taken a huge effort to warn the community about this ongoing situation and I'm convinced had I known I would not have been a victim of this thief. 50 plus robberies later we all seem to know what's happened ! The PVPOA has to implement a security warning to its residents just like a school closing or snow emergency.
The fact that they ignored to warn its residents of this escalating problem is concerning in and of itself and needs to be addressed.
The State Police did a great job catching this repeat offender but an alert community could have solved this problem 45 robberies ago !!!!!!!

PV Resident PV Resident
Aug '13

Guess what Anton's nickname is? "Bug". (See earlier post 6 days ago) He is a graduate of Allamuchy Twsp School. Don't know if he graduated from HHS although he attended. He is not a visitor. He is a resident of Panther Valley. Lessons not learned are repeated.

Observer3 Observer3
Aug '13

Is he out on bail and back in PV tonight? Just wondering.

oh welll
Aug '13

Are people showing up at the monthly PVPOA meetings to voice their concerns? They need to be held accountable to the residents who pay their monthly fees. If no one shows up and only a few complain, guess what, nothing happens.

kb2755 kb2755
Aug '13

@Tom my husband jogs with a sweatshirt as well. If I see you I will say hello without shining the lights on you :)

luvjaz luvjaz
Aug '13

His nickname is bug because as a child people called him ant ...and people started to call him bug. This is from when he was around 11... Nothing to do with stealing.

Pvresident22
Aug '13

I know there is a meeting for Old Farm Village on 9/5 at 6:30. Does anyone know what it's about? It's posted by the front gate. Way too much partying in the field, too much car vandalism, (myself included), loud at night and so on. It used to be very, very quiet back in OFV. What the heck is happening?

There should be more protection, instead of being told to call the State Police. Maybe investing in security cameras should be an option. They are needed now. You get shrugged off from security and a big we can't do anything about anything at all and to call the police from PVPOA. I hope someone is reading this from there or the municipal building, mayor, and so on. Doesn't matter if it's inside jobs or if sneaking in. A lousy gate means nothing if you want to get in.

Love it, but seeing a decline. More protection and less on cosmetic issues in PV.

INeedMoreCowBell INeedMoreCowBell
Aug '13

Oh, and yes, like I said, it was a inside job, thank you.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Aug '13

Heavy police action at a house on Bald Eagle right now. (about 5 cars and unmarked ones) I hope everyone is okay. We certainly turned our heads as we went by the house. Just hope no one was hurt or anything. I have no idea why such force there. Don't want to speculate. Just hoping for an acknowledgment that all is okay.

Aug '13

was he wearing a hoodie?

Erik B. Anderson Erik B. Anderson
Aug '13

Sounds a little much Tbd...

iJay3 iJay3
Aug '13

Yes, tbd, sounds a bit over the top...(hopefully...too weird of a story). But, we did see a fleet of police and undercover cars at a house and just wondered if there was something extremely serious. Hopefully, no one hurt.

Aug '13

This is Anton A.K.A.... Buggman, who leaves at Barn Owl. This is the guy that broke into a few garages and cars and was caught on Friday when he broke into a car at Oriole Dr. He was also found with at least 6 more garage door openers.
Back in 2011 he was sentenced to 4 years but only served 19 months. State Police said that this time he'll be away for a while. His girlfriend seems to be heartbroken (just read her fb page) Take a good look at this guys face. Be aware! State Police said he's not the only one.

The first three mugshot pics are his
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oG7mbcUxRSzG4A3HlXNyoA?p=Anton+Baadzahi+NJ&fr=ytff1-yff23&fr2=piv-web
https://www.facebook.com/anton.baadzhi.9?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/amber.swierat?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

Imherenotthere Imherenotthere
Aug '13

I guess "concerned" had a reason to be concerned.Since we cant depend on PVPOA to inform us, this site has been helpful.

notsurprised notsurprised
Aug '13

awww read the girlfriend's fb page -- anyone here feel sorry for her - missing her beau???

noname noname
Aug '13

Oh cry me a River...please! Hope he does some real time before he gets board and starts attacking people as well. Low life. His parents must be proud.

ruby98 ruby98
Aug '13

He has apparently broke the social contract many times. If so, his sentence should be expulsion from this country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_contract

"Thomas Hobbes famously said that in a "state of nature" human life would be "solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short". In the absence of political order and law, everyone would have unlimited natural freedoms, including the "right to all things" and thus the freedom to plunder, rape, and murder..."

In summary, if you do whatever you want to do without regard to others then you have broken the social contract.

Question, have unions broken the social contract? I say Yes, as they have plundered public monies.

iJay3 iJay3
Aug '13

Keep your house and cars locked. Someone tried to break into my sisters house last night( or today) through a window. Tried removing the screen. She called the police and they confirmed an attempted break in. Be careful, lock up! She's in the meadows.

Enrsjr Enrsjr
Aug '13

@Enrsjr wow that's scary. Hope your sister is ok. I know she must be scared. This is just crazy.

luvjaz luvjaz
Aug '13

Lock your vehicle and home doors. Don't leave anything of value inside your vehicle. Think about your home security, alarm? windows? curtains/blinds left open? High value items in plain sight from the outside?
Simply put, take a few extra seconds to dirtbag proof your property and yourself. Thieves are everywhere and they're not going away. The economy sucks! Drug use is HUGE all over the place , which helps to create more criminal activity. Pawn shops are popping up all over Hackettstown, which are just inviting thieves to bring in their stolen goods.
Keep your eyes open, keep your head out of the clouds and WATCH YOUR SIX!
Stay Safe!

Dave Ferreira Dave Ferreira
Aug '13

This is starting to freak me out. I'm in the Mountian Ridge anything going on here?

Notgoodnews
Aug '13

lol Dave, tone it down a notch! It's always good to be cautious, but my goodness the brush you just used in that post paints a pretty dire picture - one that screams we should maybe train ourselves in self defense? A bit of over exaggeration perhaps, for dramatic effect I think?

It almost seems like you're trying to drum up business... ;-)

justintime justintime
Aug '13

Thinking the same thing when I read his post.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Aug '13

I think little Miss Girlfriend needs a reality check.

worried
Aug '13

Dave please tell me the name of 1 pawn shop in Hackettstown.

darwin darwin
Aug '13

Darwin there are 2 we buy gold stores in Htown. Both buy other things besides gold. Therefore it is exactly the same as a pawn shop. You can bring merchandise in and leave with cash.

maxdout2596 maxdout2596
Aug '13

"Pawn shops are popping up all over Hackettstown" - two that have been there - why the extreme exaggerations? It's hard to tell what is real here and what is rumor..........
I just hope anyone who has had a real incident or viewed one first hand - reports it to the office............last week they had knowledge of 15..........If people don't let them know, management has no way of knowing the size of the problem.

noname noname
Aug '13

Would it make sense to form a neighborhood watch? It doesn't sound like PV security is doing much to help.

MR Resident
Aug '13

I don't think Dave's post was too much. Its called reality.

jerseycash5
Aug '13

there is not a single PAWN shop in town.

". Both buy other things besides gold. Therefore it is exactly the same as a pawn shop"

No they are not exactly the same as a pawn shop. pawn shop lets you PAWN items thus giving it the name pawn shop.

If you want to say we have Cash for gold stores in town, that's fine, but using the term Pawn shop is wrong and stupid.

darwin darwin
Aug '13

@MR Resident Neighborhood watch sounds like a great idea.
@noname I witnessed an incident last week and called the State Police directly. Panther Valley POA should be in contact with the detectives and reach out for this information. Unless they are going to let the residents know what is going on, they're useless.
Some earlier comments state that if there was a serious problem we would be notified and/or this could all be rumors, etc. It's a real problem and this site has offered a lot of information about what's going on.
We need a neighborhood watch. I'm not going to chalk it up to there are dirtbags everywhere. People get robbed. I get it but this is a bit extreme. Panther Valley is not a free for all. I'm pissed and something needs to be done. So if anyone has an idea and wants to discuss, email me.

Aug '13

This is a thread about what is going on in Panther Valley not a thread about Pawn Shops / Cash for Gold. That is a another thread. Let's stick to the topic. Thank you!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Aug '13

Honestly, the PVPOA likes to keep these things under wraps. Occasionally they will post at the gate to lock all cars and doors, etc. I'm sure they don't want to scare away prospective home buyers but I do feel it is a disservice to residents to not alert them when something like this happens.

As I said before, a gate community does not exempt us from living among or next to burglars, thieves, etc.

agree ess - I believe there is going to be something in the next newsletter - but that's a bit late --I think they need to set up for email blasts ---

noname noname
Aug '13

I have a few friends that live in the townhomes by the back gate and they tell me a big part of the problems are the renters. A lot of people moving in and out on a consistent basis.

kb2755 kb2755
Aug '13

I wouldn't pin this on the renters. Many renters I've known there have been respectful. It's the summer, the weather is good, and teenagers/ young adults are bored. It's just an opportunistic time unfortunately.

Someone
Aug '13

Interesting comments about "the renters". Such a caste system. I have seen that some home owners look down on both renters and condo/town home owners. Not all of course but have heard comments at times. Being a renter doesn't mean you are prone to criminal behavior or are undesirable as a neighbor.
Or that teenagers in summer are more likely bored and looking to rob you.

A good day
Aug '13

They should do criminal checks on anyone renting, but what is to stop someone living under a parents' roof, or just someone doing illegal activities that owns or lives with someone? Nothing. I know quite a few renters (including us) and are all very respectful, watch out for neighbors, and respect property and rules of PV. The biggest offender by us is an owner. He's not a criminal, but just making a point.

Getting back to crime and what's going on. It would be nice to not have to wait for meetings or newspaper articles or word of mouth. The gates mean nothing. You can walk or bike through. I've seen cars parked by the new park at the back gate at night. Night? Who's checking on that? Who's there in the dark? Not children playing.

PVPOA needs to be more responsive and proactive. It's not the 1970's anymore. Times have changed. Security needs to, also. People aren't afraid of a vehicle with a flashing light driving around. They know it's not a cop.

Aug '13

How can you make a comment like that about renters?? Do you know every renter in the world?? Just like any other group of people, there are good and there are bad.
I know some homeOWNERS that I wouldn't want to live near. It wasn't a "renter" who was doing all the break-ins, was it? NO! SMH!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Aug '13

A few months ago, I was driving home around 10pm through Panther Valley and I notice a bunch of college age guys hanging out in the parking lot of the PVPOA building. As I was going through the back gate because I live in OFV, I notice a old car sitting up on the grass area behind my condo with a NY plate. I drove by it and no one was in the car. I went home and told my husband about it. Of course, he went to go check it out. He called the state troopers to make a report about the suspicious car. It took the state trooper about an hour to get there and as soon as the trooper pulled up, he gave my husband attitude and told him to go home. The trooper was there only for a few minutes and left. The car was gone in the morning. I had a feeling that it was one of the collage guy's car and could not get through the gate so they parked it off the street and walked up. It would of been nice for the trooper to notify us that it was nothing to worry about instead of being arrogrant.

cowbell you are kind of all over the place and contradicting yourself.

They should do background checks on renters but that won't prevent anything
PV security should patrol more, but then no one is afraid of them since they're not cops.

darwin darwin
Aug '13

BTW i noticed the person that did this is Russian, do we know if he was here legally? When is this town going to admit we have a issue with too many Russian immigrants. they break into our cars and drink all our vodka. We need to round them all up and send them back to their motherland!!!

darwin darwin
Aug '13

You people are unbelievable!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Aug '13

I just stated what they told me, take it for what its worth. I agree that there are good and bad in all groups of people.

kb2755 kb2755
Aug '13

If this is going to become a rant against any particular group, I'm out of here. I didn't know I was among people who are so quick to smear whole groups. And to think one bad guy started all this............

noname noname
Aug '13

I think that what KB is trying to say is that people may feel that SOME renters are not as invested in their community as the people who buy/own/pay taxes to the area. That is not to say that ALL renters are not invested, but I know that the people who own a property are probably more likely to become part of the community than the person with a short term lease - AGAIN that is not to say that EVERY renter is this way.

I have seen a lot of changes since I have moved here. Part of the responsibility falls to the Board, they need to make sure that the new Owners/Tenants are aware of the rules/regulations of our area. Maybe owners who rent should have to place a bond with the Board in case anything occurs that violate the rules/regulations, maybe only be allowed to rent to tenants over a certain age... just some thoughts. They need to take a look at our Security Company and see what changes can and should be made.

BUT the other Part falls to the RESIDENTS of Panther Valley itself. People need to get involved in the Association, we can't just sit and point fingers if we don't attend the board meetings, or if you just get your information from this website, or the Panther. I know I will be attending the meetings on a more regular basis, and be getting a little more involved in what is going on.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Aug '13

Now we are not just racial profiling but also home status profiling. Some of you need to find another way to occupy your time. Rude rude rude people.
I was a renter who worked damned hard to put myself through school at night so I could own my own home. You want to look down on renters? Please!

A good day
Aug '13

I rent in PV and gee I didn't realize I was part of the criminal element! Oh yes for sure a criminal background check should be done on all renters, anyone that purchases a home are never criminals! Total ignorance of some! Doesn't surprise me!

outsider outsider
Aug '13

think that what KB is trying to say is that people may feel that SOME renters are not as invested in their community as the people who buy/own/pay taxes to the area.

JrzyGirl88 sorry but even that point is stupid. There are plenty of homeowners who are not invested in their community.

So instead of labeling or profiling by race, sex, enthicity, housing status, why not just say there are HUMANS out there that don't give a f about their fellow mankind and feel they can take what they want.

darwin darwin
Aug '13

Well said, Darwin.

Jules Jules
Aug '13

The culprit lives w. his parents in PV and has for a long time. Not renters, they own the home. If anyone knows the family, this behavior isn't too big of a surprise. They weren't exactly watchful or concerned about what their kids are/were up to and had a more head stuck in the sand approach to dealing with the issue.

FormerPVRes FormerPVRes
Aug '13

Honestly...If 25-50 people showed up/protest to the next PVPOA meeting to voice their concerns over this problem then I am sure something can get done. If nobody voices their concerns, they will not do a thing. There is no reason why they cannot have more surveillance cameras around PV. That really wont cost them a fortune. People need to stay focus on the topic of this forum. Unity is the only way to solve problems.

PV KING PV KING
Aug '13

Many of the apartments at mountain ridge are occupied by section 8 renters. No credit check& no criminal checks are done when the rent is covered by public assistance.

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Aug '13

What's wrong Darwin boring day on the Bergen Tool thread? No one wants to play with you there anymore? I didn't say ALL HOMEOWNERS WERE INVESTED in their community, so don't get it twisted.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Aug '13

LOL JrzyGirl88 - Good one!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Aug '13

oh man you just don't get it.

"SOME renters are not as invested in their community as the people who buy/own/pay taxes to the area"... " I know that the people who own a property are probably more likely to become part of the community than the person with a short term lease"

read your sentences again . you stated as if it's fact that homeowners have a greater investment to the community than renters. .

And why even make that leap, one guy broke into cars/homes and some of you are forming caste systems inside PV. That the renters are somehow "untouchables". Glad to see when bad things happen some choose to come together as a community to fix it and its sad to see some choose to point fingers and divide.

and for the record i agreed with your 2 and 3rd paragraph i just took offense to you defending kb's comment

darwin darwin
Aug '13

"Many of the apartments at mountain ridge are occupied by section 8 renters. No credit check& no criminal checks are done when the rent is covered by public assistance."

so what is your point h-town mama? Are you suggesting there are criminals living in that part of PV?

darwin darwin
Aug '13

so unexpected.

for years the "locals" have joked about the "PV" checkpoints, manned by local dopers, to keep the riffraff out.

now it looks like we need our own guard towers to keep the scuzz-balls in.

MrCharlie
Aug '13

For the record, a credit and background check is usually done for Section 8 renters. Just because the rent is Section 8, the landlord is still allowed (and usually does) run a background check. To my knowledge, there is only one apartment complex nearby that doesn't always check (or care about) backgrounds, and I've never heard of PV owners not checking (I used to work with people on Section 8 who rented in PV - their families got checked.) Homeowners are usually more likely to check backgrounds and credits then larger complexes. Even if someone does have a criminal record, that shouldn't exclude them from living somewhere. People mature.

Someone
Aug '13

Best comment yet PV King!

As for renters vs. homeowners. Let's get out of the bubble mentality. As I said before gated community does not equal living in a bubble. Just like the "real world," outside the gate, we live among burglars, thieves, probably Megan's Law offenders, etc. And ya know what. They might (gasp) OTWN!

PV is a microcosm of society and the biggest offenders are those with narrow minds who start pinpointing renters, Section Eight, etc. Shame on you.

I am a renter right now not in PV& I used to be on PA... So I guess I would be calling myself a criminal then.. But I work for the state so then again according to some people I am...

The point of my post to those of you who are too dense to get it was to show that even in a place like the " upscale" PV you think everyone is like you but they are not... Automatically people equated me pointing out that there are section 8 renters who don't go through credit& criminal checks as the " riff raft, thieves etc" shows how stereotypical you accusers really are.

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Aug '13

Let's get back to the topic.We need to stay united.

Aug '13

Panther Valley has not been up-scale for many many years now. Take your rose colored glasses off and go for a ride, a slow ride thru PV and you will see.

oh welll
Aug '13

I've been working up at the PV 7-11 since the end of May and just recently quit to go to college. From working there mostly nights, and some days, lots of sketchy people come in. Most of them are probably coming off of 80, though. However, some of them live in the area, from judging from them being regulars.

I live in town, a short distance away from the quick check on stiger st, and there is less sketchy people and criminal activity in that area then there is up in the PV mall. There are lots of people that come in and think it's okay to steal a few things at 711. At the quick check in town, there is a group of older men that hang out in there and drink coffee, ever since the Jigger Shop (sp?) closed in town a few years ago. They are kind of like the 'police force' for that quick check.

Being on breaks outside 711, I've seen many arguments and other mysterious things happen in the lot. A month ago, around 9 pm, I was taking a cigarette break and I was sitting around Vanilla Market. There were a few people in the lot; but, there was this man ducking behind cars. I pretended to be looking away, but kept a sharp eye on the man. I saw him trying to open a door with a bent hanger from a black Audi with a cracked window. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, thinking that he locked himself out of his car, I got up to go back to work. As soon as he saw me, he quick ran towards the senor home. I went to the back lot of the buildings to try to identify him better, but he had taken off towards the PV gates.

I've seen more criminal activity in that area in a few months than I've seen in 18 years, living in town. Sometimes I felt a little bit unsafe working at the late hours at 711. We lock the doors around 11:50 pm while closing the cash register, just so no one wanders in the store while we are trying to close up. When I was sweeping the floors, a college aged man, started ponding at the doors to let him in. I said we are closed and he continued to bang on the doors, yelling to let him in. I yelled at him and said if he didn't leave then I am calling the police. He quickly turned around, got into his car, and sped away.

I have seen that Antoine guy before in the store a few times. He was polite to me and paid for everything. Wouldn't expect him to be the theft.

7-11 Hero 7-11 Hero
Aug '13

Its so funny that some of you are making comments about "checking out the renters" and "section 8 renters". Does that make them criminals? NO! And people WAKE UP, the guy doing all the break-ins, in homes and cars IS NOT A RENTER, yet thats what you are yelling about. LOL!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Aug '13

7-11 hero - have you ever thought to call the police so that they can check out suspicious behavior and possibly catch a criminal? It sounds like you seeing enough to make the calls..............

noname noname
Aug '13

Having had many years of experience in the assesment,development and managment of Security and Public Safety programs in Private Communities.I would like to offer several observations référence the Panther Valley Community.
First,I would like to say that the Community is a beautifuly layed out area highly conducive to relaxed living. The very things that make it so attractive (wooded areas,natural setting) make it difficult to secure from "Quality of Life" violations such as Trespass;Loitering and Petit Vandelism. The gates,as currently staffed and equipped provide for basic deterance but little more. The distribtion of Cameras are of greater use as forensic invesigatory tools rather then proactive prevention measures.
The Management of PV appears to act in good faith in attempting to secure the property. However, a basic and fatal flaw exists in not having a position dedicated to the selection;training; supervision and motivation of the Security force. The nature of the property with miles of private roads as well as numerous amenities and methods of access and egress uncontolled by either technology or natural enviromental means requires tthe liberal use of trained and motivated high profile patrls. Serious thought and a careful cost analysis should be completed regards to bringing the Security Force in-house as effective adjuncts and allies to State Police resources.Ancillary factors such as increase in experience based Insurance premiums should also be considered as well as the improvement of Quality of Life, Marketability of this amenity,reduction in costs to repair petit vandelism via effective mitigation etc are all "hidden factors" Finally,PV is by no means a high or even moderate crime area. However perceivedrisk or threat does currently exist and if allowed to continue will have a negative effect on Market Valus of Homes as well as the Reurn on Investment on Renal properties.
Best of luck to all.

Semi Retired Semi Retired
Aug '13

The cars that go around with the flashing lights are nice, but if someone lives in PV or is familiar with the area, they will not run off because they know they are not police. They might deter someone, but not for long.

As far as renters go, being a long time one, and knowing quite a few - we are the ones that look out for one another, spot check things, get along well, take care of our property around our building, blah blah blah. I can tell you that the biggest offenders of not following PV rules are two owners around here. Blaming renters is just silly. I can tell you from experience that I know some fantastic ones.

Let's just be proactive and watch out all over PV for suspicious activity. It's not the 1970's anymore and it's not elite just by having a gate at both ends. Criminal activity now and in the past have been from people living in PV itself. I'm not saying look at neighbors with binoculars, but keep an eye out. I have great neighbors and I'm thankful for that.

Aug '13

Justintime, Botheredbyu, Darwin and Noname, let me address you all collectively.
I by no means tried to "drum up business" in my post as Justintime suggested. I never mentioned my business or anything about what I do.
My post may seem dire to some of you but it's very simple. Everyone should take the time to secure their vehicles, homes etc. The economy sucks! Can anyone deny that??
Thieves are everywhere!! Can anyone deny that? DRUG USE IS HUGE EVERYWHERE! So much goes on in Warren County and the surrounding areas that so many residents are unaware of. Can anyone deny that?

Darwin-"Dave please tell me the name of 1 pawn shop in Hackettstown". Sorry to call the cash for gold stores PAWN shops Darwin but they pretty much are (thank you maxedout2596), as well as the UCASHIN store that just closed down ( pretty abruptly after there were quite a few reports of stolen goods being sold there, do the research on H'town PD Facebook page) which had all kinds of goods in the window, ranging from guitars to power tools.
So, Darwin with your post-"If you want to say we have Cash for gold stores in town, that's fine, but using the term Pawn shop is wrong and stupid." being a simple game of semantics, you could probably tone it down a notch yourself.

Thank you Jerseycash5 for understanding. Everyone needs a HUGE reality check.

So, in closing I'll just remind everyone to Stay Safe!

Dave Ferreira Dave Ferreira
Aug '13

Can you imagine the empty units we would be looking at if we did not have renters living in the townhouses? As for blaming this on them and section 8 applicants is crazy and shameful.
We have a huge problem, and it will not stop until PV management addresses these issues and comes clean with the residents who are paying their salaries.
1. Safety of it's residents: Hiring a proper security force to patrol.
2. Upgrading the exteriors of older buildings and grounds: This would bring value of all properties up to where they should be.
3.Proper lighting : Safety concern wherever you go.
4.Last but certainly not least :INFORMING IT'S RESIDENTS WHEN A SERIOUS MATTER EXISTS

Reality Check Reality Check
Aug '13

Dave & Maxd - You are both incorrect. One of the two shops you mention is really a collectibles store that also buys gold. Just as both Plate Jewelers and two other antique shops buy and sell something else. By a definition of just walking out with money you're also accusing all car dealers, all of the local antique shops, Selling Tales, Kidz Junction, a couple of consignment stores and the Hackettstown Trading Post. That is not right. If I walk out with $10 after selling a couple of text books and a couple of CD's, has a bunch of laws been broken? If I sell off one of my mom's old vintage teapots for a few bucks because every antique shop in America is a pawn shop? Or my old truck I don't need anymore because all car dealers are pawn shops?

You missed the mark and strayed off topic. It's not selling and buying used things that's any problem. It's only people (not the type of business) who knowingly deal with something stolen. You'll note one of the supposed problem businesses *turned in* criminals.

Better to concentrate on how you can't rely on a gate for instant security. It takes people to prevent crime proactively.

section '8' ?

i never knew that Panther Valley had eight sections. who lives in section '1' ? (the PV Governor?)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '13

this has grown old really fast - still happy to be in PV - but doubt I'm living in the governor's mansion--in the distant past I lived in NYC - had my place broken into 2 times - once when I was there - had my car stolen 2x - and replacement broken into often -
This is not the NYC of the 70's...........It's the boonies - the beautiful boonies

noname noname
Aug '13

BD - Section 8 housing is rental assistance to low income families.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_8_(housing)

Lynnada Lynnada
Aug '13

PV has not been the exclusive, secure community it started out as for decades. Face it-- riff raff is everywhere. I'd be pretty ticked to keep paying PVOA fees for the facade of exclusive, gated PV. Sad situation.

Gen3Townie Gen3Townie
Aug '13

dues - for maintenance - snow plowing, landscaping, exterior painting, roofing, siding, curbing, and all exterior repairs, maintaining 3 pools with lifeguards, tree care, road repair/replacement, deck care, insurance, staff salaries and more - and gate maintenance and security staff................all expenses you'd pay for your own home...........

noname noname
Aug '13

thanks Lynnada - i was just joking around, (poorly it seems), this conversation needs a little lightening.

here's another one liner . . . . .

i'm gonna set up a pup tent in that little area of grass between the PV fence and Alphano Rd and post a little sign: "Section 9" , i'll be sleeping there till further notice.

maybe that will garner the attention of PV's Governor, since this repeat offender was allowed to run hog wild after getting paroled.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '13

I don't think there are 'sectio 8'. There are some with reduced rates for low to medium income. Section 8 are vouchers and dirt cheap rent. God forbid someone makes 50 grand in panther valley. They must be the cause if they get a little off rent to live among the gated ones? They have to make i think 35k to apply. I will recheck. Stop blaming renters and maybe people should know where their kids are at night. I see teens at 1 to 3 am.

foreverfriday foreverfriday
Aug '13

maybe check with the gated community of Woodbury for security suggestions?

their system works pretty good, hardly any zombies get past their gate

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '13

District 9 is more like it

http://youtu.be/DyLUwOcR5pk

Erik B. Anderson Erik B. Anderson
Aug '13

BD - I wasn't sure if you were kidding or not, but I figured there may be someone who may not have known or liked more clarification. :)

I'm not sure PV is prepared for zombies, lol.

Lynnada Lynnada
Aug '13

the zombies are already here . . . . .

they walk among us . . . . . . .

rule 1: good cardio

rule 2: the double tap

stop by my little pup tent in Section 9 in the morning for some cowboy coffee, say 6:30 am?

don't forget to get your permission slip from the Governor.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '13

"". Sorry to call the cash for gold stores PAWN shops Darwin but they pretty much are ....So, Darwin with your post-"If you want to say we have Cash for gold stores in town, that's fine, but using the term Pawn shop is wrong and stupid." being a simple game of semantics, you could probably tone it down a notch yourself. "

As GC clearly pointed out there are numerous stores/businesses in town that allow you to sell you items for cash. Yet no one would call the stores GC names "pawn shops". But since you like to use the pawn shop as a dirty word to help make your point I guess you have no problem if I describe your business as a fight club, I mean it pretty much is right? I mean there is fighting going on in your business so a simple game of semantics I see no difference.

So, in closing I'll just remind everyone to join a fight club!

darwin darwin
Aug '13

geesh - nobody told me to bring my tinfoil hat when I moved here...........

noname noname
Aug '13

Does anyone know when the next PVPOA meeting is so that we can all attend and voice our concerns?

team.mebradar team.mebradar
Aug '13

The 28th of this month is a BOT regular meeting 7.30 in the main office building. If you want to keep up to date w. the meetings you just login to the page pvpoa.org. Check your phone directory they send out every year to get the pin and password.

ETA there is a communications meeting Sept 4th at 6 too.

FormerPVRes FormerPVRes
Aug '13

Hey Darwin
The first rule of Fight Club is..........

Dave akaTyler Durden Dave akaTyler Durden
Aug '13

Can anyone attend these BOT meetings who live within PV?

Also - what does BOT stand for?

Confused Tax Payer
Aug '13

Board of Trustees!

Lady Jayne Lady Jayne
Aug '13

What happened at the board meeting?

noname noname
Aug '13

Lots going on here. I agree that there were pawn type shops in town which only attract trouble. I also recommend that everyone always stays aware of their surrounds no matter if they are home or away from home. Locking cars and doors Is just common Sense. Self defense classes are a great idea for anybody, we all need to know how to protect ourselves and our children. Obviously the people that are ridiculing a self-defense business have no idea what really goes on.

I live in PV and have been around since 1980. Stuff like this just comes and goes and if everyone stays alert and speaks up when something looks odd, the scummy people get caught. No different than any neighborhood , gated or not gated

I own property that I live in and I also own properties that I have a tenants in. Not sure why the renters are getting a bad rap but I have very great tenants who are a business professionals and just prefer not to own property at this time due to their careers

Hackettstown has changed a lot over the years, But compared to a lot of the cities that are east of here, we still live in a very safe area.

Ultimate message is .... Everyone please stay alert and stay safe so we can keep our neighborhood and surrounding town a nice place to live and visit for everyone.

BrandyB BrandyB
Aug '13

So much goes on in Warren County and the surrounding areas that so many residents are unaware of. Can anyone deny that?

How many murders or rapes have there been in the county?

Stop being an alarmist. Some of you sound like you'd prefer a police state and won't be happy until you have your own cop boarding at your house.

Flounder Flounder
Aug '13

" i live in a silver mine, and i call it beggar's tomb "

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '13

Unleash the hounds! I mean Panthers.

Is this the Panther you had in mind??

noname noname
Sep '13

Anton Baadzhi who resides on Barn Owl, has made bail... Be sure to lock all doors and keep garage doors closed. He's a multiple offender of vehicle break-ins in Panther Valley over the past few years.

Sep '13

Thanks for the public service announcement !

jerseycash5
Sep '13

oh crap - really - lets petition to put him back where he belongs- just stopped at the office yesterday and heard that all is completely quiet since he was arrested.

noname noname
Sep '13

Are you kidding me.. Who the hell bailed him out?! He needs to learn a good lesson. If he keeps it up he will eventually break into the wrong home.

luvjaz luvjaz
Sep '13

His girlfriend bailed him out, you can check her Facebook page where she talks all about it and how great he is. He has court on the 3rd of October. I'll keep you guys posted!

Oct '13

I hope he enjoys all the attention he will get being the prom date in prison. Multiple offenses should equal some real time.

Should have learned while he was a juvenile. Welcome to the big leagues Anthole.

willy
Oct '13

Was sentenced to 4yrs and did 19months last time so this time it should be even longer. Hope these kids can make the long distance relationship work, i'm really pulling for them

;)

darwin darwin
Oct '13

Just wanted to warn panther valley residents that my car was broken into last night. I called the state police to let them know. I live on Canada Goose section of Panther Valley. Keep those doors and windows open. Last year at this time was when this crap was happening. Keep your eyes open

STeven STeven
Aug '14

State police said there have been a few instances of cars being broken into the past 2 weeks, specifically the back end of panther valley. please please please report and suspicious activity to police.

STeven STeven
Aug '14

Based on Facebook, it would appear that the last superstar did not serve time? Lock up folks and keep your eyes peeled!

seenit
Aug '14

whats the point in having a gated community if criminals are let in? Unless...its an inside job!

mom of one mom of one
Aug '14

The past few times the culprits were young adult residents of PV. Repeat offenders and if seenit is right, back to their old tricks it seems.

ladeevee ladeevee
Aug '14

The entire property is not surrounded by fences. There are gates at the front and back entrance. However walking in from many places around the perimeter is easy.
And - this is the real world. Sometimes things happen. In a community this size, the number of undesirable events is minimal. No we don't fingerprint people entering the property. And yes, as ladeevee states, a resident was responsible for past incidents.

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '14

Probably an inside job again.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Aug '14

Steven, I am sorry this happened to you and am thankful for the heads up.

I have noticed that the security vehicle has been making more than it's usual tour around the area lately

We live in Mountain Ridge and will definitely be on alert for any suspicious activity (as well as watching out for our neighborhood bear)

Brandyb Brandyb
Aug '14

What we pay in dues, there should be a real security team in here.They drive around, but can only call state police, by then the crooks are gone.Panther Valley has gone down hill, it use to be the place to live, now its the place to leave.

So move.

yankeefan yankeefan
Aug '14

Lobo - perhaps you should leave. I moved here 1 1/2 years ago and I think it is a beautiful and peaceful place to live. And fyi the dues are exceedingly reasonable for the services and amenities we have. I've been in two other complexes over the years and this is by far the prettiest and safest. I feel comfortable walking at any hour. And - seriously - with a handful of minor issues in a town side community- we are very safe.

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '14

+1 5catmom! We've been here for 14 years and love it...

yankeefan yankeefan
Aug '14

Wouldn't it be nice?

A video surveillance system in the area that watches specific area's!

Even a few at the entrance and exit area's; including perimeter area's, just to help see if these thieves are coming in from the outside.

I read of a security tracking system, at a Gated community, I don't remember where, but it was a few years ago, and I thought it was a great system.
When a vehicle entered the community, a card with a radio control device would be attached to the vehicle , and the vehicle could be tracked (like a lojack device), and would be monitored while the vehicle was inside the community.
Residents would already have a device to allow them access without signing in at the gate.
Also... there were video cams that would document each vehicle as it entered and exited....
It sounded pretty good to me. Especially the video cam checking the cars that entered license tag numbers.

embryodad embryodad
Aug '14

I've been here for two years and love it, but am a bit concerned about the security. I was out with my nephew a couple weeks ago and he told me that all you have to do to get through the gate is to say that you are dropping off a resident. The guard asked him my name and let us in. It used to be tougher, so I've been told.

Darleen Darleen
Aug '14

Darleen - that's the kind of thing you have to pass along to the management. I have had to do so on rare occasion in the past.

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '14

I'm off from work tomorrow and will walk over to tell them about my experience.

Darleen Darleen
Aug '14

He is NOT in rehab he is homeless and out and about,You will see him walking up and down grand ave.

MOM OF BOYS MOM OF BOYS
Aug '14

So love it, they can't stop the crime without a police department,can they ! Still going on, keep loving it,we had six cars hit a couple of years ago, no answers? Would like to move, but property values dropped so much up there, I think I will rent it.

Quit whinning lobo and don't be so helpless. Take yourself over to the state police and fill out a form for a fire arms ID card. Then get yourself a nice pump shotgun. Police don't stop crime, they investigate it once it has been committed.

LJRubi LJRubi
Aug '14

I have lived in and out of PV since the early 80s and it has always been a good place to live. Not much has changed and like every area, there can be issues.

Everyone is in charge of their own safety wherever they live , it's common sense. We need to report things when we see it and not assume others will.

Security cannot do what the police do but they are another set if eyes and ears on the community's side.

I agree with others , if it's that bad of a place , move out

Brandyb Brandyb
Aug '14

+1 Brandy

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '14

That"s why so many are ! If your paying for security,then you should be secure.By the time the state police get there, the crooks are gone.Why is there nobody in the hut sometimes,at the back gate?Please I should get my own gun,are you kidding,and do what with it !

Re: Anton - he skipped his court appearance last week...there's a warrant out for his arrest. Police looking for help if you know where he is.

PVres PVres
Aug '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.