Return of Star-Gazette?

I just started getting it home delivered again. It seems to come "bundled" with the express times!! What a pleasant suprise

Brad
Aug '13

I too was surprised. Surprised to see an old friend reincarnated. Surprised that it was being included in the Express-Times. Surprised that it has a .50c Store Price. Not surprised, but more disappointed to see recycled stories from earlier printed Express-Times editions.

Surprise Surprise
Aug '13

They have been delivering this newspaper to my home for the last 2 weeks.It is the same as the Warren Reporter. Why bother.

from
Aug '13

i read in at the library. it is the exact same thing as warren reporter with a different title!

hluser
Aug '13

Kind of like that is is same as Warren Reporter, as delivery of that is so sporatic, did not get it again this week, unless finally comes today, and live on one of the main streets in Htown. They are published by same company.

Because the Warren reporter was discontinued in some areas plus it has the legal listings of whatever ordinance is being considered

Brad
Aug '13

It's all about branding. Newspapers, and I speak from experience, are doing whatever they can to survive.

The Star-Gazette hasn't missed a week of publication for many years. I know that because it kept running my sports articles. It has been carrying local legal notices, as Brad noted above. With the Warren Reporter being widely distributed for free, in order for the advertisements to be seen by as many people as possible, only the real hard-core local news hounds (who wanted to know what was on the agenda for upcoming municipal meetings because they wanted to attend them) knew where the Star-Gazette was being sold and went to the trouble to find it.

The Star-Gazette stayed in existence because free newspapers were not allowed to carry legal notices. I know that for a fact because I was a full-time employee there until 2009. It was only recently that I noticed the Warren Reporter started running those notices.

No commentary, just setting the record straight.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '13

Can someone (perhaps Andy) tell me if the Star Gazette paper is still being published? Last reference to them I could find online was 6/2015. Thx.

(I think they are the same publication as The Warren Reporter, but with legal notices?)

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '16

The Star Gazzette is published and delivered every Thursday for one of my homecare patients. I'm not sure if everyone receives it in Hackettstown or just those who also subscribe to the Express Times.

Thank you, Snow!

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.