Dog Grooming

I am looking for someone who is familiar with grooming Golden Retrievers, doesn't just shave them but actually clips them. Prefer a mobile unit but am willing to drop them off.

Sue Lane Sue Lane
Jul '13

Cortney's Dog Grooming in Hasting Square

Nosila Nosila
Jul '13

Try using Cortneys Grooming Parlor (908) 269-8199 located on 470 schooleys mtn rd suite 8 Hackettstown NJ 07840 she grooms many Golden Retrievers but give her a call
http://www.cortneysgrooming.com/default.html

MisterC MisterC
Jul '13

Call Jessica at Pawticular; she's located on 517.

http://pawticularpawspetspa.com/about.html

StrawberryJD StrawberryJD
Jul '13

Cortney is the best!

Lady Jayne Lady Jayne
Jul '13

Another vote for Cortney.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '13

I used Cortney for my Lapphund and she did a great job but I have heard that Jessica is great too!

doggie do little comes right to my house and he is wonderful. Heard great things about Cortney but my schedule is a bit hectic so its easier for them to come to me.

rierie rierie
Jul '13

jersey paws in the riverside plaza on RT 57

Jefferson03
Jul '13

Please go to Cortney, she is the best around

Lizzy16 Lizzy16
Jul '13

Cortney is very good

Casey'smommy Casey'smommy
Jul '13

Cortney as well

Dolce_Vita Dolce_Vita
Jul '13

Doggie Styleashes on mainstreet is the best. The owner grooms a lot of Goldens!

Mitzi Cat
Jul '13

When my neighbor's German Shepherd came home from Cortney's, she smelled lovely and clean for about a month! Don't know how she did it, but I'm scheduling my two stinkers for grooming soon. Love Cortney.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '13

Courtney had been grooming my golden for the past 12 years. She makes him even more beautiful than he already is. He also come home a very happy pup.

great in the meadows great in the meadows
Jul '13

Agree, Courtney

Bikester Bikester
Jul '13

Been going to cortneys grooming for 11 years.....she's truly the best! I've tried other groomers and no one compares to her....She's also very personable!

Dobelover Dobelover
Jul '13

I take my dog to Pawticular Paws on 517 (High street) in Hackettstown. Jessica is amazing! She is loving, kind,experienced, and thorough. My dog always leaves looking and smelling great! Call Pawticular Paws! (908)979-1399

Alexis
Jul '13

Pawticular Paws the salon that lost a customer's dog when it ran out the
front door. That would be the last place I would ever take my dog.

sunflower222 sunflower222
Jul '13

Jess at Pawticular Paws is wonderful. She loves her customers! I'm sure she is devastated that the dog ran out. I have been bringing my dog to Jess for three years (while she worked at Petsmart and opened her business).
I would highly recommend her!

Thatsnotmyname Thatsnotmyname
Jul '13

It would be very hard to trust this groomer after losing a dog. I would hope she has safety measures in place at this point.

Firefly Firefly
Jul '13

I have heard that the dog ran out because they are loose in the salon with no supervision. I would be beyond upset to think I was bringing my animal to get groomed and find out he got out of the salon and is running loose on r57 and lost for days. How upsetting for the owner of the pet and the poor dog.

sunflower222 sunflower222
Jul '13

My dog needs nails cut. What do they charge.

Just dont use PetSmart. They burned my dogs eye with the razor....I noticed when we got him home that the black smooth (eyeliner type) skin around his eye was crusty and didnt look right....ended up at the vet and he said they burned him with the razor....she was a young girl who probably wasnt trained correctly....anyway long story short, Petsmart paid the vet bill and apologized....never went back......we have used Sabina at Doggie Stylish since (4 years) and we love her....

bowie bowie
Jul '14

Cortney!!!!

Jersey Paws is the best I bring all my dogs there- the young man there is great with all of them- would not go anywhere else!

Lovemy dogs! Lovemy dogs!
Jul '14

I will never use pawticular paws again. I asked for a bath, nails to be cut and to trim my border collies hair. What I got was a shaved dog (in the winter ) and his toes were bleeding because they were cut to short. Not to mention she shaved his belly and knicked one of his nipples cause that was also bleeding. I called to complain to the manager and have not received a call back. I am highly aggravated and disappointed.

Pumpkin43 Pumpkin43
Dec '16

that's unfortunate pumpkin, thanks for the heads up. we used courtney's grooming recently for our older dog and were extremely pleased.

fed up in htown
Dec '16

Courtneys is the best! My dog smells good for weeks

Soccermom12 Soccermom12
Jan '17

I agree with cortneys

Nosila Nosila
Jan '17

Cortney's grooming in Riverside Plaza. I have a Border Collie/Aussie Mix and he is temperamental with grooming. I adopted him at age 8 so I dont know his grooming history. Anyway, she will not muzzle him ,even tho I have said to for her safety! She actually works with his fears and quirks instead! He is 14 years old and has Anaplasmosis & Erlychiosis and she takes her time with him, knowing he needs breaks. He has been going to her since I adopted him and she has won him over by working with his issues. I am forever grateful to have someone that will do that! I do have him buzzed in Spring & Summer and she does a great job with that. She takes time to discuss how you want your dog to be groomed and the length if trimming. I cannot recommend a better groomer !!

Virginia Virginia
Jan '17

I thought Courtney moved.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Jan '17

Cortney did move she is now in the mall across from Kohls by Riverside Gym

Nosila Nosila
Jan '17

Courtney's Grooming is the Best!

Happy Puppy Happy Puppy
Jan '17

does she do great dane's I have been going to Petmart, but the last time not so happy with there service it was like they didn't bath her or do her nails, I have been looking around and have been told no, she is to big, she only weighs 167 lbs and is a gentle as a baby

I have taken my dog to petsmart and he never smells clean or looks fresh like he does when I take him to courtneys. Courtneys is hands down the best and shes so good with dogs! My dog smells and looks so good for weeks! Also, I have also taken him to jessica that own particular paws... he was always scared when I took him there and when picked him up he always acted weird.. dont know if he was abused while there or what so thats why i stopped going there. Call courtney and see if she takes great danes im sure she does I always see big dogs in there! You wont regret it

SOCCERMOM12 SOCCERMOM12
Jan '17

I just used Sheri's Pampered Pets mobile grooming this past week. Not for a dog but for my cat. She was incredibly professional and did a great job. Usually I have to wait all day for my cat at PetSmart's groomers and by the end of the day he's agitated from being around so many dogs. Sheri took less than an hour to trim, wash, dry, and cut his nails. I don't know her dog pricing, but her cat pricing was comparable to what I'd pay at PetSmart with a lot better service. http://www.sherispamperedpets.com/

honestyseasy honestyseasy
Jan '17

SAAK- Cortney doesn't discriminate. She takes all pups.

(908) 269-8199

Nosila Nosila
Jan '17

Hi, I'm looking for an affordable mobile pet groomer for my lab. Can anyone tell me who they use and what they charge?
Thank you!

Does anyone have experience with Paws & claws mobile pet groomer? I have a few dogs that need grooming and think it may be easier just to have someone come to my home rather than take them one at a time to a shop.

I heard she's a very good, thorough groomer (Paws and Claws).

Hackresident Hackresident
Jun '19

JRT I have a groomer that does smaller dogs and comes to the house for 10 years. If you need her info. send me a message.

Thank you.!! .....waiting for a call back now

We use Paws and Claws. She takes her time, loves on the dogs and does a great job!

Good to hear Barb! When I spoke with her yesterday she said she would call me back after she was done working on the dog she had with her.....still waiting for that call.

Yes! Please send me the info DCP.. I would appreciate that.

Re: Dog Grooming

Darlene Gilmartin - 908-310-6352

Thanks Kim. I will give her a call. I never did hear back from Paws & claws.....that is such a huge pet peeve of mine!!! Why advertise your service if you aren't going to return calls when someone shows interest? I don't get it.

Any opinions on Supafly Kennels as far as grooming goes?
It was All Paws on Lafayette St and changed hands.

Hi this is Classy Lassies Mobile
if you need mobile groom give us a call
we have 5 star reviews

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Dog Grooming
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.