Marty's spinning classes

I have taken both Jenny's and Cynthia's classes and loved them both. The studio is on the second floor of the bike shop. It is really nice and the bikes are great. The instructors are challenging but motivating and the music great. Highly recommend. A great way to support a Main St and stay in shape at the same time.

Townies Townies
May '13

How much is it and what if you are just starting out. I am afraid I will be out of my league. I like to ride my bike for exercise but am not hard core.

Christine Christine
May '13

http://martysreliable.com/

Christine-click on the link to The Fitness Loft at Marty's
It lists class times and pricing. It was $12 for me to drop in, which is pricey. I have a gym membership so
I just wanted to drop in. However, I considering canceling the gym
And buying a package at Marty's.

In the classes I took there were all levels of fitness enthusiasts
And you are not pushed to do more than you are able, just encoraged
To push yourself within your own limits.

Townies Townies
May '13

Christine, those spinners are all crazy. They say they will let you go at your own pace and then they goad you into trying to keep up. And then when you are done you just want to die :) Not talking about Marty's, just spinners in general. I would say watch from afar first and then just ride your bike around the neighborhood for free. Especially if you have a gel seat :)

LOL Maja that's why I asked. I like riding around town. Its great exercise and not hard on my knees as much as a spinning class. I have seen them on TV that's why I asked.

Thanks for the site Townies. I will check it out. Maybe they have a beginners class. Those rainy and cold/hot days it would make sense to try it.

Christine Christine
May '13

I encourage anyone interested, to come down and check out at least one class and make up your mind.
It's a super workout and everyone I see come down the stairs after class is completely satisfied with the class.
You can most definitely do it at your own pace, we want you to enjoy your experience here, not hate it.
Cynthia is an awesome, motivational instructor! She absolutely gets results. Most people who come here love her and hate her at the same time... a workout isn't a ride in the park, it's pushing yourself a bit to get yourself to where you want to be.... which is why you would be spinning in the first place right?
come on down and check it out.

Johnee Oxford Johnee Oxford
May '13

This Saturday Jenny will be at Move gym in Blairstown to introduce spinning :)

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
May '13

I've taken spin classes with both Cinthia and Jenny at Marty's. They are both considerate to beginners and at the same time push those who are more experienced to get the most out of their workout. They 're not there to embarrass you, but rather help you get to a better level of fitness, one class at a time. And the hour goes fast.

Hondo Hondo
May '13

Does Martys on main street in HACKETTSTOWN still have Spinning classes on the second level?

Don't believe so. There is a ride out of the store on Sunday mornings, contact them for details.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
May '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.