Bates Motel

Anyone watch? Its a good show. Very strange family. I understand why Norman killed his mother.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Apr '13

Norman killed his mother?!? Holy friggin' spoiler, Batman... I guess I'll delete those 4 or 5 episodes I have in the DVR, lol.

Next thing you know, you'll tell me that Hannibal Lechter turns out to be a cannibal or something (-;

ianimal ianimal
Apr '13

Another TV thread? bby, you're turning your brain into mush! ;)

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Apr '13

this show totaly rocks!love it!

clobbedout
Apr '13

I've got the episodes downloaded. I might get around to watching them some day. The previews did look good...

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Apr '13

He didn't kill her now, on the show. I mean from the movie "Psycho"

Be careful Lori, your mind will be mush like mine. ;}

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Apr '13

I love the characters, story line...creepy & sinister. Loving it !! Monday nights are the best night for TV: The Following on ch 5 & then Bates Motel.

23Marango 23Marango
Apr '13

The show hooked me quick... seems they are all crazy

I DVR my shows and watch them when I can. 2 Broke Girls, Bates Motel, Idol, Hells Kitchen and 2-1/2 Men and I will catch Dancing with the Stars online, sometimes.
Its called entertainment.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Apr '13

Love it

Enrsjr Enrsjr
Apr '13

Great show I didn't watch this episode yet but I will asap I dvr it weekly

proudmom12 proudmom12
Apr '13

Maybe I missed it but did they find the body of the sex slave girl after officer shelby ran after her or did they mention her at all after that?

pumpkin43 pumpkin43
Apr '13

I'm beginning to like this show. My husband starting watching it and I've started to come around to it. My only problem is the kid who plays Norman - it's like he's always smirking, even when he's supposed to be serious or sad or angry. It's downright distracting at times and I can't decide if he's supposed to do that because Norman is crazy or if it's the actor. My husband doesn't agree with me so it's possible it's just me.

Aquarius Aquarius
Apr '13

I agree pumpkin43.......what happened to her ?!?!

23Marango 23Marango
Apr '13

23Marango & Pumpkin, They did mention the girl in last night episode, said that Shelby followed her into the woods and shot and killed her. That was it.

bgood105 bgood105
Apr '13

oh ok, thanks for the update!

pumpkin43 pumpkin43
May '13

I just watched Mondays episode last night. Found it very far fetched. Some of the things they do are just so ridiculous. I was wondering about the girl he chased into the woods also. I don't recall them saying anything about her, but I guess they did. Norman is suppose to be "weird" because his mother makes him that way. I enjoy the show, but come one, that family can kill people after people and get away with it. And her cop boyfriend gets killed, by her son and she is so "over it" already. I know she's nuts too.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
May '13

The scene when the dog got hit by the car was terrible.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
May '13

Watched last night, are there only 2 episodes left in the whole show or just the season?

pumpkin43 pumpkin43
May '13

2 left in the season. It was renewed so it's coming back ! : ) BTW...thanks bgood, I missed that.

23Marango 23Marango
May '13

When does it start again?

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Sep '13

I couldn't find any info on A&E's website, but www.imdb.com is saying 2014.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '13

Thanks Calico

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Sep '13

im also waiting to find out when this starts again

proudmom12 proudmom12
Sep '13

Bates Motel is getting pretty nutty. I've enjoyed the first four episodes this season. I wish they would have kept it on at 9 on Mondays instead of moving it back to 10. Now I have to wait until Tuesday and watch it on demand. No way I'm staying up until 11 on a school night. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '14

Is it any good? I recorded the whole first season but deleted it before ever watching it. I think season one is on Netflix, so I can probably catch up if anyone can honestly vouch for it.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Mar '14

It's really creepy. I DVR it, because that's too late for me too. :o Haven't watched this weeks episode yet.

botheredbyuu
Mar '14

I like it. At first I was wondering how they could make a whole series about Norman Bates, but they are doing a cool job of it. It's basically the background story of the teenaged Norman and his family. A really screwed up family BTW.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '14

It's one of my favorite series. The actress who plays Norma is fabulous, love her character.

towny towny
Mar '14

They are doing a great job of it all. showing the craziness stems from way back

I like it too. And I hope Dylan takes off his shirt more. ;-)

Aquarius Aquarius
Mar '14

I found the show pretty boring I gave it a few episodes and quit watching. Far better shows out there to watch house of cards or orange is the new black hemlock grove all of the shoes have far better storylines and subplots then Bates Motel

oldred
Mar '14

Aquarius - Yes, Dylan should be on the "hotties" thread.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '14

Quit objectifying men. It minimizes us.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Mar '14

Yes, agree Dylan is HOT! I wonder if the actor who plays Norman really acts that "strange" way off screen. If not, then he is a great actor!

botheredbyuu
Mar '14

bothered - Not at all LOL. He's a charming Englishman. Check out this interview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPzn3K89czY

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '14

Thanks Calico. Very charming and cute! Great actor.

botheredbyuu
Mar '14

Got reminded of this show when "The Following" thread popped up.

Bates Motel returns on March 9th.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

Cant wait! Walking Dead is back Sunday 2/8.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Feb '15

Is anyone still watching this besides me? Tonight is the first episode of the final season.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '17

Nope... DVR'ed the first season; never got through more than half of them.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '17

I'm still watching it.

I'm not happy that A&E has moved it to the 10:00 time slot.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '17

Just in case anyone is interested. The "creepy" Bates "house on the hill" above the motel where "Mother" kept watch from the original movie "Psycho" has recently been torn down. It was of course, a long standing "prop house" on the Universal Studios lot.

Phil D. Phil D.
Feb '17

Watched every one. Looking forward for tonite, hope this seasons last scene is right before the shower scene in the movie. Been to the prop house as well.
All my love,
Mother

Roywhite Roywhite
Feb '17

Yeah, I am excited for the final season. I think the acting is terrific and hope this show can still surprise me.

Dancicus Fighticus Dancicus Fighticus
Feb '17

I'm glad to see they are doing a recap of last season at 9:30 tonight.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '17

I've been hooked from the first season. I used to live a few blocks from the Psycho House and could see it from the street (behind Universal Studios) Also a huge Hitchcock fan. If you ever saw the movie August Rush, the guy playing Norman (Freddie Highmore) was a young kid in that movie (with Robin Williams)

Localgal
Feb '17

I was surprised to see how much time had elapsed since last season. Dylan and Emma having an infant now and Romero in jail. I guess that poor girl from the paint store is next to be dead!

Obviously, Dylan has no idea that Norma is dead. Makes you wonder if Emma's dad is still in town. If he was, wouldn't he have told them that Norma died?

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '17

What a fantastic episode last night. Marion gets away and Sam gets it in the shower! Awesome plot twist. I think Hitchcock would have even enjoyed it.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '17

So what did you all think of the last episode? I thought it was well done.

pumpkin43 pumpkin43
Apr '17

I loved it. I was so worried that Norman would kill Dylan. Glad he didn't. In the end, good prevailed of evil or psycho, if you will! I really enjoyed the series. It was the only show I watched.

My mother was a huge Hitchcock fan and introduced me to his movies at a very young age. That is the reason I decided to check it out at all. I'm sure she would have loved it too.

Oh well, maybe in a few years another show will come out that can hold my interest. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '17

I loved it. So glad Romero was killed by Norman. For him to have killed Norman in vengeance would have been wrong. Norma would never have gone for that. I'm sort of glad Romero died alone and cold in the name of revenge; it suited him.

Dylan killing Norman was both emotionally harrowing and satisfying. He was the only one left who cared about Norman. But he also understood how far, far gone Norman was. My husband predicted a "Of Mice and Men" kind of ending, and in a way he was right. It was hard to watch but at the same time it was inevitable.

Dylan crying and apologizing. Norman thanking him. Norman reuniting with Norma in the afterlife, or in his last seconds of consciousness, whichever, it makes no difference. It was a perfect ending to Norman's story.

I'm glad that Dylan and Emma apparently reunited and were living happily with their daughter. After everything he had to deal with because of his messed up family, he deserved some happiness and peace.

I also enjoyed the series, although I was a little late to getting into it. It was the only non-cooking show I routinely watched. I'm glad it ended when the story was done, and didn't try to extend things beyond the five seasons the showrunners had decided to take to tell the story. I will miss it, but I'm glad it ended when it should have.

Aquarius Aquarius
Apr '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.