Good Landscapers?

Can anyone recomend a good reasonably priced landscaper who finishes job they are hired to do?
I am done hiring from my area (I live between Delaware River and Frelyinghuesen (off 94)) the landscapers here overcharge and never do a good job. I find I can't say anything to them because they get all upset and are extremely unprofessional. They act llike they are doing me a favor.

I need some trees planted a walkway of stone and some scaping around the side of my home.

Astrat Astrat
Apr '13

Trend Landscaping - Hackettstown, THE BEST!!!!

Dave N. Dave N.
Apr '13

Looking for one here as well.

RyanOMac RyanOMac
Apr '13

Mountain Top Landscaping on Valentine Street does great work, quickly! They can be reached at 908-813-1725 for a free estimate.

Oh I need one too. Just to spread topsoil in my backyard and plant grass.

ljdan ljdan
Apr '13

If you search "Landscapers" in HL, there are many previous threads on this topic with lots of input. Good Luck!

luvlife
Apr '13

I'd recommend Boutin Landscaping in Hackettstown. The foreman they have for their hardscaping is meticulous and will do an excellent job with the walkway! You can check out their website online (there's a 10% off coupon there as well). There's also pictures of their work online too. Good luck!

http://www.boutinlandscape.com/

CMC0906 CMC0906
Apr '13

Granata nursery and landscaping .they are the best.very reasonable prices .they also do driveways and much more.you can google it for their phone number .you will never regret it.the business is in long valley.give them a call and compare prices.good luck

Debbie113 Debbie113
Apr '13

Yard Charlie! 908-268-8963

Thank you

Astrat Astrat
Apr '13

KTB Landscaping young guy very good prices and does great work. His name is Kevin 908-966-6913

earnhardt earnhardt
Apr '13

KTB Landscaping. Very reasonable prices and good work. (908) 966-6913

Helper Helper
Apr '13

Trendlandscaping. Used them for years and quality service.

towniejim towniejim
Apr '13

Thanks to Earnhardt and Helper! I contacted Kevin at KTB Landscaping and he did a great job for us - highly recommend.

Can anyone drop 2 35 ft maples?

smith
Apr '13

We used "Yard Charlie", Charlie Ort yesterday. Phone 908.268.8963
We could not be happier. He had installed a new perennial garden for us last year, with a nice meandering stone wall thru it.
Every single plant, he planted came back bigger and better.

I had planned to fill in with annuals, and plant them myself, as I enjoy doing so.
I had a back injury and called him.

He and his guys did a lovely job planting the annuals, even did the pot groupings, weeded, trimmed everything (boxwood, lilac bush, some shrubs). He just "happened" to have porting soil in his truck.
They took everything away and left the site neat as a pin.
We are so happy and plan to have him back next year
The quality of the work is high, the price very reasonable.

susan susan
May '13

Bumping up this thread for the 2014 lawn season.

Apr '14

I only do very basic stone work, I've done a few major jobs where I was employed learning the ropes a few years ago, and have done some restoration and basic walkway work on my own.

But if anyone is looking for serious paver stone work like the OP asked about last year...

Pavers are expensive, material wise. Quarry process (the crushed stone base that should never be less than 6-8 inches deep) can add up when doing large projects. They just aren't cheap. A nice paver patio is going to cost a lot, so if you're going to invest in something like this, don't shop price, shop quality.

Trend Landscaping does great work, I scoped out KTB's website and looks like he does some great stuff as well. Kevin's does a lot of the commercial lots and larger lawns in the area, I don't know if they do pavers and major hardscapes, but I've seen their other work and it's definitely good.

I do mostly mowing, planting, mulch, snow removal ect.

PenningsLandscaping PenningsLandscaping
Apr '14

Green Hills landscaping they do a great jobs.(973) 271-3583

Terry m Terry m
Apr '14

All Out Construction and Landscaping
908-310-6314
Very reasonable and does excellent work!

storm17 storm17
Apr '14

Bumping this up again- looking for a HARDscaper; not "just" a landscaper.... I mow my own grass lol.

I need a paver walkway installed. Can anybody give any recommendations?
(honestly, I could it myself, I'm a contractor, but the wife wants it done FASTER than I would be able to get it done lol)

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
May '14

Paver/walkways were recently discussed when CR37 asked a similar question:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/602073

PSA: for those who don't know, Boutin Landscaping is no longer in business, due to a family tragedy. Jerry Boutin has sold his business to and now works for Gardens of the World. (I requested an estimate a month ago, but still haven't heard back, and I don't want to "bug" him what with everything he has been going through, so I'm looking for someone else...)

May '14

Thanks GC.

May '14

JR, sorry to hear about Boutin Landscaping. Jerry installed our garden about 15 years ago and did an excellent job.

Mike L Mike L
May '14

JR, if you have any hardscape questions let me know. That was a second job for me for a long time.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
May '14

Matthew Gubelmann from Garden Grove in Great Meadow is a great "Hardscaper"
He is a hard working young men who takes his work very serious. He is honest, knows his profession, is enthusiastic about building stone walls, installing walkways and do any kind of plantings. I would vouch for his integrity anytime and I am very proud of him.

Bruno Gubelmann
May '14

@jeffersonrepub have you thought about getting estimates from local masons? Depending on how landscape oriented you want it, they might be a good choice. Just be wary of having them install plants and such around it, if you aren't doing it yourself hire a landscaper for that part. But I've seen some really great work around the area from strictly mason businesses.

I wish I had a good landscaper or mason to recommend for pavers. If anyone has a website for a good company around here I'd love to check it out and have a person to send requests for that type of work to.

May '14

I found garden grove to be overly cocky and pushy. Maybe I caught him on an off day.

Shurefree
May '14

Does garden grove have a website?

May '14

@Pennings:

Already had a local mason re-do the stairs.... frankly, not impressed... at least not for the price I paid. I'd rather have a landscaper/hardscaper do the paver walkway.

May '14

@jefferson I've been looking around and trying to network to find a good company to send that work to, if I find one I like and am impressed with I'll send them your way. Good hard scrapers are difficult to come by. My cousin's company in the Hudson valley in New York does amazing work, I wish I could get his crew down here to do jobs.

Penningslandscaping Penningslandscaping
May '14

new world landscaping

newworldlandscaping@hotmail.com

908 235 9450

william

william
Jul '14

just had work done by mcbrides landscaping and couldnt say enough about him and his crew, show up on time, professional, and did an amazing job all while beating out 4 out of 5 esitmates....and i usually dont just pick the cheaper guy but i was impressed with his work and rolled the dice and for once i found a contractor that i dont want to kill by the end of the job 732-803-5991

blueline blueline
Jul '14

Blue line what did you have done?

Jul '14

Approx 500 sq ft Belgard holland stone patio

Bryanblue Bryanblue
Jul '14

Nice choice

Jul '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.