The Following

I have to admit... It's getting better and better every week. This week's episode wins for the best placement of a Danzig tune ever, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '13

OMG! I LOVE this show! And ending it with "How The Gods Kill" was AWESOME!

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Mar '13

Love this show!!! Haven't seen the latest episode yet, waiting for Friday night.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '13

With Fringe finishing up, I anxiously awaited this show. I love Kevin Bacon. I have seen all of the episodes so far (nothing to watch on Monday night with football over), and I'm still on the fence about it. I could take it or leave it and my husband doesn't care for it at all. I guess I will see where the rest of this season goes and then decide whether to "follow" it next season.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '13

Haven't watched this week's yet, but it has gotten much better. It almost lost me, but has come on strong the past few weeks.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '13

I was quite skeptical of Fox since Fringe ended and Alcatraz was cancelled on a cliffhanger. But I'm seriously addicted to this show, and the Danzig drop in on Monday night was perfect. As was Fever Ray's-If I only Had a Heart, in last weeks episode. Which I originally heard on an Episode of Breaking Bad which I'm also addicted to.

James Purefoy was great in Resident Evil and even better in HBO's short lived ROME. They couldn't have cast a better villain.

KeyboredSamurai KeyboredSamurai
Mar '13

I'm digging the psycho pixie with the short hair and the long neck, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '13

I love love love the show...did I mention I love the show, wish there were more shows like this. Never know what to watch anymore.

rierie rierie
Mar '13

Ah ....."The Following" followers. I thought I was the only person watching this, even though Fox has already renewed it. Really good ! Keybored is right ..James Purefoy
is awesome as the villian here. It has been getting better every week !! That "psycho pixie" gives me the total creeps. Joe's going to diss her one too many times and then all hell is gonna break loose.....CAN'T WAIT ! ...LOL :) Kevin Bacon is kick ass.

23Marango 23Marango
Mar '13

The show has gotten better , but still has the dumbest police/FBI ever ! I much prefer Justified as the cop type show with hands down the best dialogue and plot .Only problem with Justified is 12 shows per season just aren't enough .

zombo zombo
Mar '13

"Trap door under the boathouse into the water? Was thinking the same thing. So,what great work of literary fiction does Joe base his killings on next year?" - MeisterNJ

Good call on the trap door. Have they used The Pit and the Pendulum yet?

Calico696 Calico696
May '13

Will the new 24 series take The Following's time slot? :-)

emaxxman emaxxman
May '13

They would do well back to back... they could battle over who is more inept and bumbling; CTU or the Feebs (-;

ianimal ianimal
May '13

Is anyone still watching this? I haven't seen any episodes this season. Has it gotten better or worse that the first season? I was kind of groaning at the end of it last spring. Want to know if I should bother to watch the episodes on demand.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '14

I'm still watching, I love it.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '14

Still watching. It's been good. Better than I expected.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '14

Absolutely you should watch it!

Soccrgrl08 Soccrgrl08
Mar '14

It is so freaky and disturbing, LOVE IT! LOL! How do they think this stuff up?? James Purifoy is incredible. Monday nights The Following and Blacklist - best tv night of the week!

HHSFan HHSFan
Mar '14

Sadly there are a lot of Suckers out there like Emma!

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Mar '14

I like the Blacklist also. It's gotten pretty interesting the past few episodes.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '14

The Following finally got the recipe right... hot chicks everywhere you look. Hot bad chicks, hot good chicks and hot chicks who you aren't sure are good or bad... and aren't sure whether you even care.

Not sure about the bringing back Claire storyline though. Her chapter had already been written. Plus, now not everyone Ryan loves dies... that was an important part of his psyche.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Mar '14

Ha. Ryan's niece is really easy to look at. And Connie Nielsen (Lily) is looking pretty darn good as she approaches 50.

Yeah, I don't know about Claire either. Never liked her character. Part of the problem is I can't picture her as anyone other than Raylan Givens' ex-wife on Justified.

Not completely buying the preaching of Joe Carroll to the sheep, either. Doesn't seem to be him.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '14

Season 3 starts on Monday, March 2nd. Can't wait...

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

That's a nice birthday present. Between this, TWD, and the last season of Justified my winter TV schedule is full.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '15

I guess it's time to start binge-watching Justified on Amazon Prime, lol. How many episodes have run so far this season? I have to start DVRing them.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

I think last night made 3. Oh, and I forgot 'The Americans'. That is a great show that not many talk about.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '15

Is anyone going to check out better call Saul on amc? Some people are on the fence about the idea of a prequel to breaking bad, but I can't imagine it not being good.

PenningsLandscaping PenningsLandscaping
Feb '15

I can't wait for that one Pennings. I think it will be good. Early reviews are positive.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '15

I doubt it will reach "Breaking Bad" levels of awesomeness, but I'm sure it will be good.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

Nothing will reach Breaking Bad levels of awesomeness.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '15

It's hard to reach breaking bad levels. I'm really happy they decided to do this prequel, instead of keeping breaking bad going. The entire series is perfect. I think it's going to be awesome regardless

Feb '15

Two really good shows that don't get much buzz are Banshee on Cinemax and the pirate show Black Sails on Starz . Banshee is about a nameless master thief who leaves jail after serving a 15 year sentence for a diamond heist and going to the town where his ex-partner/lover lives then taking on the identity of the new sheriff Lucas Hood , who gets killed en route to the town . As the sheriff he is a one man army and conspires to commit more heists (with ex-GF , Asian transvestite computer hacker Job , and ex-con/boxer Sugar) in a small PA town run by an Amish gangster and more than slightly crazy native Americans . The show gets better though the seasons just like Breaking Bad and it's the most wild , crazy violent show on tv IMO .

Black Sails is supposed to be kind of a prequel to Treasure Island with one of the characters being a young (Long) John Silver . If you don't like young hot lesbians having sex with each other and ultra violent battle it's probably not your cup of tea ! The bagpipe sounding theme is actually a hurdy-gurdy which was around in the early 1700s where the show takes place . Both much better than The Following where the cops and FBI are dumber than dirt .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZj71FgPfDo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFTcA4QLHw0

Zombo Zombo
Feb '15

Thanks for the recommendation, banshee sounds cool, I'm gonna check it out

Feb '15

I watched S1 of Banshee. It was good. Went way overboard in the last third of the season. Now it looks like it's off the deep end from just watching the previews.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '15

Anyone else watch Wentworth? It's an Australian show set in a women's prison. Two seasons are on Netflix. We really enjoyed it!

Wentworth sounds like Netflix's Orange Is The New Black without the comedy . I'll have to check it out when done watching Marco Polo . Another show that is on Netflix streaming that was great during it's single season on FX is Lights Out . It's about an ex heavyweight champ living in Bayonne NJ struggling to make ends meet and considering a comeback 5 years after his retirement - after a title fight he lost on a controversial decision . Thirteen episodes of excellence IMO !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vwtoc4iFg8

Zombo Zombo
Feb '15

That's exactly what Wentworth is like, Zombo. I'm anxiously awaiting the third season.

So, I started watching Justified last night. For some reason, I was under the impression that this was a Deadwood-era western-type show (must be the cowboy hat in the picture, lol).... but it's more "Dirty Harry" meets "In Plain Sight", I guess. The first three episodes were pretty good, but I have to assume that it gets a lot better because it's not exactly blowing me away so far...

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

I just got done watching Californication all seven seasons on Netflix just laugh out loud funny not something you would let anyone under the age of 17 watch. Another funny movie to watch on Netflix is Confederate states of America a story of what would've happened if the South won the Civil War. And also watched the new movie horn's. Very good

oldred
Feb '15

oldred, I saw that movie... but it was called Idiocracy (-;

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

oldred - californication is absolutely hilarious. david duchovny is perfect in it.

penningslandscaping penningslandscaping
Feb '15

Oh no, nothing like deadwood. Give it a chance ianimal. The verbal sparring between Olyphant and Goggins is great. They've had some really good villains over the years like Neal McDonough (the albino from minority report, Margo martindale, Jeremy Davies, and Mykelti Williams (Bubba from Forrest Gump).

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '15

Margo Martindale as Mags Bennett , leader of a hillbilly crime family was the best , in fact she won an Emmy for that role . A bit of wisdom from Raylan Givens as told to a crook he just arrested - " If you ran into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole . If you run into assholes all day , you're the asshole . " Brought to you by Carl's Jr. and Brawndo - The Thirst Mutilator (it's got what plants crave , it's got electrolytes) . Anyone with Netflix streaming who appreciates violent movies with a twist (and this has 2 at the end one of them really sick) needs to watch the Josh Brolin movie Oldboy . The second Spike Lee movie I really liked , the first one being Inside Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKz_AUF0GcU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbxq0IDqD04

Zombo Zombo
Feb '15

Inside Man and Oldboy are both good movies. I've heard the original Oldboy is even better than Lee's remake.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '15

I've seen the 2003 Korean Oldboy on Netflix and it doesn't have the Kill Bill Tarentino type of stylized movie violence . Or Elizabeth Olsen , whose performance as a caring social worker stole the movie from Josh Brolin IMO . Finally an Olsen sister who can really act !

Zombo Zombo
Feb '15

ATTENTION LAWBREAKERS ! First episode of Better Call Saul is on tonight at 10pm AMC network . Repeated Monday night at 9pm and the second episode is just after it Monday at 10pm . Brought to you by Los Pollos Hermanos .

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

Zombo Zombo
Feb '15

Chicken Brothers... UNITE (-;

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

DVR is set.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '15

BCS was ok. It was good at the end. Seems like it will need a bit of time to get going, which is understandable. Nice blast from the past at the end.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '15

Thanks for the recommendation, MNJ. The "foot pursuit" to the airplane between Deputy Chief Mullen and "Herschel" the bank robber in S2 E6 was worth every minute I've invested so far in Justified. I haven't laughed that hard in ages (-;

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

After two episodes of BCS I'm into it. However, if I wasnt a huge BB fan I don't know how into it I'd be. So far, it doesn't have that striking, crazy, and unnerving feeling I get when I watch BB. They're not the same show, but it being a prequel it's hard not to compare it. Especially when every episode is so full of familiar faces.

Feb '15

You got it Ian. Wait till you get to Mr. Lime house.

Current season is pretty good. Sam Elliot makes for a good crime boss.

+1 Pennings.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '15

Wait until you see the episode with Dewey Crowe having his kidneys stolen - funniest Justified episode ever IMO ! Mixed feelings about Sam Elliot - a good actor , but has been doing this strange thing of tilting his head to the right the past few years in movies and tv . Maybe it's just me who notices every little detail , but it's just flat out weird looking to me .

Zombo Zombo
Feb '15

That was really funny. Dewey has some pretty good moments in the series. So does Raylan's father.

I did notice the head tilting with Elliot. Hasn't bothered me, but I'm sure it will now!

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '15

Was there ever a time when Sam Elliot "didn't" tilt his head to the right? He did it in Lebowski, Rush and Mask as I recall... so that's 30 years at least, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

Come to think of it, Roadhouse too. It's a Very Caruso-esque signature move.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '15

Thanks to Zombo for the recommendation, I've been watching banshee for the last few hours, and it is so awesome. Seriously, everyone who loves Breaking Bad really needs to see this. I get that same vibe from it, the premise is nothing like it, it just has that crazy and nerve racking vibe.

Feb '15

Now all I see is Sam Elliot tilting his head when I watch Justified. Thanks a lot Zombo!

The Americans has been really good. The series seems to improve by the episode. Might be the best show on television right now.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '15

You're welcome Meister . Raylan Givens quote of the week -"Wonderful things can happen when you sow seeds of distrust in a garden of assholes." I'm gonna miss Choo-Choo , he was the best new character this season . I'll miss this show period , at least it's a really good season for the last one .

PenningsLandscaping - Banshee actually gets better as it goes along like Breaking Bad . It's season 3 and you still don't know who Lucas Hood really is - he's like a ghost with no real name or past before his heists that sent him to jail for 15 years . I like the post end credit scenes which give a bit more of the story and the Banshee origins on the website .

http://www.welcometobanshee.com/index.htm

Zombo Zombo
Feb '15

This season of Justified has been really good. That was a great line. The best moment of the season had to be when they were with the safe cracker and his cellphone goes off. That cracked me up. So like the show to do that.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '15

I started watching justified, it's pretty good.

All caught up with banshee, except for tonight's episode. It's unreal!

Feb '15

You gotta watch the Banshee origins website which shows you when Hood and Carrie first met, why Sugar went to jail for a decade , the complete interrogation of Hood when he was arrested , how creepy bowtie guy Burton ended up being Proctor's bodyguard and much more . Just click on the drop down box in the upper left hand corner on the site below . The cast also tweets live during the show , stupid Cinemax putting on a show for the young social media savvy generation on a Friday night when they aren't likely to be home. It was renewed for 2016, but only for 8 episodes instead of 10 - might be it's last season .

http://www.welcometobanshee.com/

Zombo Zombo
Feb '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.