Part 2 - I'm Happy Because...

I figured I started the other thread WAY BACK in 2011.. so i will start a Part 2..

ok, same thing: I am happy because it is light out when i drive home now!

darlughh darlughh
Mar '13

Girlscout cookies arrived! yummy

Sunshine Sunshine
Mar '13

I am happy because my son has worked his little butt off, and as a result will be competing in the USA Track & Field Youth National Championships in MD this weekend.

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Mar '13

My hubby's check up and blood work with his Oncologist this past week showed that he is now cancer free.

joyful joyful
Mar '13

Best news ever, Joyful!

Lady Jayne Lady Jayne
Mar '13

Hooray for The Duke ... that's the best news ever !!

Joyful.....that's great news! I'm happy for both of you!

Mariann Mariann
Mar '13

Congrats to Lori's son & Hooooorrraayyyy for Joyful & her hubby.

Wendy

So happy for you both Joyful...

boobalaa boobalaa
Mar '13

Great news joyful. The words everyone wants to hear :)

Thank you, Wendy!

Mar '13

Happy for you too, Lori...It is always great when our kids do us proud!!

joyful joyful
Mar '13

Joyful and Hubby, I am guessing no amount of snow could dampen your spirits after that good news! Enjoy!

Spring Fever
Mar '13

I love good news! Joyful, great news in your house. Lori, good for your son..what events does he do? Good luck to him!

Bessie Bessie
Mar '13

Great News Joyful. Great news for you too Lori.

Tweety Tweety
Mar '13

Awesome news, Joyful and the Duke! Glad to hear it.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '13

Joyful, you are both blessed! So happy for you.

Jules Jules
Mar '13

Bessie,

He'll be running the 800 meter and the 1500 meter :)

Mar '13

Joyful ~ that is fantastic news!!!
Congrats to your son Lori, have a safe trip to Maryland!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '13

Bryan said the storm was going to be a dud!

Bessie Bessie
Mar '13

Lori, wonderful news about your son! What an honor to make it this far. I hope he realizes he is already a winner...

Spring Fever
Mar '13

Thanks everyone! We're very proud AND excited. More-so than he is I think, LOL. He takes everything in stride, no pun intended. Spring Fever, you're so right. He joked that he might come in last, so we reminded him that not everyone gets a chance to place last in a national event, haha

Mar '13

Congrats to your son Lori. Hope the weekend in Md. doesnt get "snowed out".

Happy news Joyful! Great to hear.

I'm happy because there is NO snow falling. ;)

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Mar '13

congrats to your son Lori, this is good stuff. really good.

have seen many soccer players get better at soccer after they got involved with the track teams at highschool. the sprnters, the hurdlers (both high and low hurdles) in particular seem to yeild the best benefit when they get back on the soccer field.

good luck to him, wishing both you and your son all the best

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Mar '13

I dont have to pay taxes this year,,,,,,,,I dont get any back but I dont have to pay!! LOL

Christine Christine
Mar '13

Lori and to think he owes it all to you. If it weren't for all that running he had to do from you after he put the arrow through the swimming pool, he probably never would have qualified (-;

ianimal ianimal
Mar '13

Love everyone's good news!! Nice happy thread.

I'm happy because Leila will be bred shortly and puppies in 2 months! So excited. But I think if I remembered how much work it was 2 years ago, I might be a BIT less excited!!

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '13

Leila is in season and I FIGURED OUT how to rip off her fancy pants!!! Now if I can just stand on my tippy toez we'll be in business.

Spring...has sprung! i see bulbs sprouting up! Lol enjoy the season!

darlughh darlughh
Mar '13

My daughter is potty trained! She has had no accidents the past 2 days and no longer needs me to remind her to go potty. She tells me when she needs to go. If she continues to wake up dry for the rest of the week we can eliminate diapers for naps and bedtime too. I'm so proud of her. All of this only took a week.

jrsemom jrsemom
Mar '13

Such good news, jrsemom....you tell her we are proud of her too!!

joyful joyful
Mar '13

ianimal, I totally missed your comment last week! Good stuff, LOL. You're probably right!

I never came back here to add to my "happy". Aidan did great at Nationals. He didn't medal, but he did earn two more PRs, which in turn were two more MS records, as he'd held the previous records. Upon returning to school the HS coach approached him to tell him he only had to shave 5 seconds off of one of his records to beat the HS record, so he has a new goal now. For those of you not into the sport, 5 seconds is a LOT of time to shave off, LOL

Mar '13

My Niece was accepted into the National Honor Society!!! I'm so proud of that kid!!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '13

This work week is over!!

auntiel
Mar '13

Leila is carrying puppies!! Can't wait to see the little squirming pups. Due May 15. I'm working on a blog now. Hope to put a live puppy cam up!

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '13

It sure is amazing how fast those little puppies gestate.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '13

Re: Part 2 - I'm Happy Because...

Sorry to steal your thunder, Leila!

Tracy Tracy
Mar '13

Yeah.,!! Yeah!! Yeah!! Tracy, hubby and....."Lucky",....You guys have to be sooooooo excited!

joyful joyful
Mar '13

HA That's great

Firefly Firefly
Mar '13

CONGRATS!!!

Nosila Nosila
Mar '13

CONGRATS Tracy!! What a way to tell everyone! So happy for you!

Christine Christine
Mar '13

Thanks, everyone!

Tracy Tracy
Mar '13

Aww....very nice news, Tracy. Congrats!! :)

It's almost Easter :)

darlughh darlughh
Mar '13

I am happy because i am closer to closing on my dream home !!

helpmeRlee helpmeRlee
Mar '13

Only 6 more weeks and our puppies will arrive! I'm happy because I can't wait to see them, and my puppy blog is coming along nicely. It's basically all set up and ready for me to blog about the pups. Yay!

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '13

darlughh is happy

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Apr '13

I am Clyde :)) I am! :) hehehhe

darlughh darlughh
Apr '13

Mommy had ta do a quick errand in town so we all got ta come for a ride and now we are at MACDONALDs!! But she sed there is a NJ One Cheezeburger Per Animal law?? Is this tru? Cause I think shes pullin my tail.

Iggy - she IS pulling your tail, but its for the best because you really don't want to eat too many of those burgers. LOL!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Apr '13

I knew it! I coulda eatin TWO.

My washing machine would not drain and I got a screwdriver and followed the internet directions and fixed it myself without getting wet or shocked . Yay for the internet and pictures.

Congratulations Tracy - so happy for you and your husband ! Lucky looks so proud in her "big sister" shirt.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Apr '13

Tracy, that is a cute picture. Congratulations!

Baklava.

One word, that's all I need to say. ;-)

Its Friday!! :)

darlughh darlughh
Apr '13

Thank you Mindy's Mom and maja! I never saw your posts until now.

Rebecka, how's the other mommy-to-be doing?

Tracy Tracy
Apr '13

I'm happy because...

Actually a dozen different reasons.

Through a joint effort of 4 different HL members (you know who you are) a computer at the yard sale sold and the money went to Norwescap for a great program.

Another HL effort is going towards Warren ARC.

Personally, I was just told by the doc that it's officially 4 years of remission. By a big time, big name doctor in NYC that just paid a huge compliment to a small time doctor in Hackettspatch by saying he's not only a great guy, but one of the few people he trusts himself.

Good for you GC!

Christine Christine
Apr '13

Wonderful GC!!!!

JessMphone JessMphone
Apr '13

Two weeks till Disney!!!!!

JessMphone JessMphone
Apr '13

Now *I'm* happy, GC!

cbel, how are you feeling?! I hope you are doing much better. :o)

Awesome news, GC!

As for me, I got to hear my Little One's heartbeat again today. Plus, my blood pressure was back to normal. A big relief. It was somewhat high at my last check-up.

Tracy Tracy
Apr '13

Pedestrian signs are UP! :))

darlughh darlughh
Apr '13

Because I am leaving for New Orleans tomorrow for Jazz Fest for a week! Can't wait! Let the party begin!

happygirl
Apr '13

happygirl: i know someone going there as well. :) have fun!!!!

darlughh darlughh
Apr '13

Thanks darlughh! I went last year and I have a funny feeling I will be going every year from now on. It is a blast, $50.00/day and you get to see so many bands playing and the weather looks fantastic too! Last year we hit a heat wave and I literally though I was melting into the concrete.

happygirl
Apr '13

GC - great news!

Very good news GC..
Tracy, nothing like hearing that heartbeat..hope your feeling well these days.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '13

GC: You know I am very happy for your good news....You are such a good person inside and out and I am very happy to be able to know you as my HL and everyday friend but also as a very good and kind hearted individual.

joyful joyful
Apr '13

GC ~ thats fantastic!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Apr '13

GC, thanks for sharing your happy news!

Chickadee Chickadee
Apr '13

Congratulations to Tracy and her DH!

Chickadee Chickadee
Apr '13

Thanks everyone.

Out of Africa.

I remember watching this when I was 14. And saying... Someday, I will see this place for myself.

And I watch it again now at 41.

And I have.

I wish I could encourage everyone: Go. Go, if just once. Do whatever you have to do to get there. But see Africa before you die.

Rebecka Rebecka
May '13

I'm happy the Bergen Tool thread has derailed the never ending gun debate threads!!

GC ... I'm so happy for you!!

MrsPipes MrsPipes
May '13

I am happy...that a very dear friend had a heart transplant on Tues and is holding his own.

I am happy... that in the last 5 games my Grandson has played for WMC he has had 4 Home Runs for a total of 7 so far this season.

Firefly Firefly
May '13

This week I learned I was going to be a grandmother.

Life is good.

htownnewbie htownnewbie
May '13

I am happy because last Thursday I had my gallbladder removed and I am finally feeling goooooooood!

Poppy Girl
May '13

Congratulations, htownnewbie. I imagine that you are over the moon with this news. I am making my parents and inlaws first time grandparents in September. They are all thrilled. :o)

Tracy Tracy
May '13

Congrats htownnewbie!

jrsemom jrsemom
May '13

That's wonderful news GC! Sorry I only saw this now. Haven't been on much lately.

GC great news!!!!

Tracy I didn't know otherwise I would have congratulated you sooner. What awesome news!!! Do you know what your having?

abbadabbadoooo abbadabbadoooo
May '13

Thank you abbadabba! We are going to wait until baby is born to find out!

Went today for my anatomy scan and baby is measuring right on track and everything looks great. My husband thinks it's a girl now because apparently he was expecting to see something on the screen that we didn't. I believe the sonographer just didn't let us see what we didn't want to see.

Tracy Tracy
May '13

Tracy I love that you are waiting to find out. A wonderful moment is made even more special by not knowing!

Firefly Firefly
May '13

I agree, Firefly...I always felt it was so much fun to wait and find out if you were having a boy or a girl baby. I remember when my son was born( On Mother's Day).....I was so sure I was having another girl...(not many boys on either side of our family)...Having a baby boy and the surprise of it all...really helped me to forget the few hours of discomfort before delivery and get my mind on my Mother making outfits for her new grandson. (* My Mother made all of my children's clothing until they were about 5 years of age).

joyful joyful
May '13

Another thumbs up from me Tracy! I could have known both times, but when you find out during an ultrasound, it seems so impersonal. And what then, oh let's go home and paint the room pink? The 2 happiest moments of my life were my children's births, made a million times better by the "it's a boy, it's a girl" pronouncement. You can never get that back once you pass up on it.

Thanks ladies! Honestly, I have absolutely no preference for what this baby is. It's one of life's greatest surprises. I just want it to be happy and healthy. If I am lucky, I will have one of each someday anyway. I think I may have even felt a little rumble from the little one today. I'll pretend it was and accept it as my first Mother's Day present. :o)

Tracy Tracy
May '13

Poppy Girl, hope you have a speedy recovery from your gall bladder surgery.

Chickadee Chickadee
May '13

This weather is great! :)

darlughh darlughh
Jun '13

I got my season pass to Sandy Hook today and it was a gorgeous gorgeous day down the shore!!!

JessMphone JessMphone
Jun '13

My new husband and I are going to have a baby!!!!

Alison1 Alison1
Jun '13

Tracy-I don't want to find out either. I want the surprise!! Congrats to you both!! :-)

Alison1 Alison1
Jun '13

Alison1, best wishes to you and your hubby!

Chickadee Chickadee
Jun '13

Congrats Alison. I'm happy because my daughter just found out she's having my third grandson!

WOW Alison CONGRATS!

lola.......Congrats on being a grandma again.

Christine Christine
Jun '13

Congratulations, Alison! When are you due?

Congratulations to you too, lola!

Tracy Tracy
Jun '13

I'm due on Valentines Day! Very excited. I'll have 4 kids (including my stepson). Wow

Alison1 Alison1
Jun '13

Congrats Alison! Just saw this now. Four kids - you are WAY more courageous than I! :-D

I'm happy today because... I finally have a few spare hours so I can get on our big tractor and mow one of our fields. I know it probably sounds weird, but I love to mow fields and lawns. I get into a zen-like state and daydream, and often get inspiration for creative projects I'm working on.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '13

Life has been berry, berry good to me. ;-)

Yum!

Bumper crop, picking a half cup a day.

We found out we are going to be grandparents again for the 3rd time. Around Feb. 14! So happy.

Christine Christine
Jun '13

The fireflies are out and I got a negative result on a breast ultrasound:) Now I can enjoy the summer:)

blackcat blackcat
Jun '13

congrats blackcat!

Jun '13

Thanks! What a horrible wait. Had to go through that a few years ago. Got the call to go back for the recheck right after my dog killed a squirrel. That was such a crappy day....

blackcat blackcat
Jun '13

Glad to hear about the good results, blackcat...I know what a worry that is....Yes, enjoy your summer!!!

joyful joyful
Jun '13

Hubby had his surgery yesterday and is doing great! He will need to go back for more but this is a step in the right direction. He will be in the hospital a couple more days but we finally see the end of the tunnel.

Christine Christine
Jul '13

Christine, I wish your husband a complete and speedy recovery! And, congrats on the new grand baby expected Feb 14th.

Blackcat, have a very happy carefree summer!

All, thanks for sharing your good news.

Chickadee Chickadee
Jul '13

Thanks Chickadee

Christine Christine
Jul '13

I had a great time with my family today...we went on a hayride and picked pumpkins. Made me realize that the simple things mean so much.

positive positive
Oct '13

I did not have to cook dinner tonight. My former boss who is from Yugoslavia brought us a big tray of "Pita". This is a Bosnian/Yugoslavian dish similar to Pastys...Rolled dough filled with meat and potatoes...Yummy!!

joyful joyful
Oct '13

I am feeling better because my Mom seems to be doing OK in assisted living. We moved her into Paragon Village on Thursday. She still can't find her way around and is confused but is not screaming or yelling about being there. They are making sure she is participating in the activities and keeping her busy, so that seems to be helping.

I can only hope that one day she will be happy there and realize it is so much better than living alone.

Mariann Mariann
Oct '13

I'm Happy Because... My wonderful son is getting married on Saturday to a fantastic young lady --- her family has welcomed him into their hearts and they are such a beautiful couple --- I'm gonna need a LOT of tissues :)

trekster3- trekster3-
Oct '13

Congratulations, trekster! I hope they have a beautiful wedding day and beautiful life.

Tracy Tracy
Nov '13

congrats!

skippy skippy
Nov '13

Congrats Trekster! My cousin is getting married tomorrow too.

jrsemom jrsemom
Nov '13

trekster - congratulations. Have a really fun day!

Congrats, trekster!

I'm happy because.... puppies NEXT week!

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '13

Thanks all, it was a fantastic day -- I can't wait to get some pictures!!

trekster3- trekster3-
Nov '13

Congrats Trekster! I saw some pictures already. You can only imagine. I LOL the whole time.

Christine Christine
Nov '13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qTIGg3I5y8

because cookie monster shares

skippy skippy
Nov '13

Leila is having her upspike in temperature now. We expect a downspike tomorrow, and puppies MONDAY! This is if all goes according to textbook, of course. She could keep us waiting, but best estimate now for puppies is Monday. woohoo! http://thepuppyroom.com/puppy-blog/

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '13

Just because... most awesome kids ever...

justintime justintime
Nov '13

It's nice to see hard work pay off. Yesterday was NJ State Sectionals Cross County Championships and both the boys and girls Varsity teams will be moving on to the next level. The girls killed the race and took 1st out of 11 teams (one of our Juniors won the race! In fact five girls were in the top 8!). The boys took a not too shabby 4th place out of 18 teams (one of our Seniors took 2nd place overall). These kids practice 6 days/week, no matter the weather. They had practice M-F for their entire Summer break. These medals were definitely earned, and we are so proud of them :)

Nov '13

2013 NJ State Sectionals Cross County Championships

Girls - GROUP 3

TEAMS: 1-West Morris 59. 2-Voorhees 67. 3-Mendham 77. 4-Morristown 84. 5-Chatham 104. 6-Roxbury 153. 7-Cranford 203. 8-Scotch Plains-Fanwood 216. 9-Parsippany Hills 310. 10-Warren Hills 314. 11-Nutley 322. 12-South Plainfield 342. 13-Somerville 353. 14-Iselin Kennedy 354. 15-Colonia 444.

INDIVIDUALS:1-Mackenzie Barry, Mendham, 18:24, meet record for all groups; former record, 18:26, Theresa Gschwind, Summit, 1981. 2-Brennan Sharkey, West Morris, 18:38. 3-Sierra Castaneda, West Morris, 18:59. 4-Clarissa Modde, Voorhees, 19:09. 5-Meaghan Driscoll, Voorhees, 19:25. 6-Olivia Viparina, Roxbury, 19:27. 7-Christine O'Kane, Morristown, 19:33 . 8-Kylene Cochrane, West Morris, 19:39. 9-Defne Sement, Mendham, 19:53. 10-Emma Cary, Morristown, 19:56.

I was drafted to be a wedding photographer this past weekend. For a friend who is dying. He was diagnosed with head and neck cancer just a few months ago. Even though he knows he has only months to live... even though he is devastatingly weak from chemo and radiation... even though he lost his leg just three months ago to diabetes... even though he had a stroke while undergoing surgery on his skull last month... which paralyzed half his face... he wanted to marry the love of his live and longtime girlfriend before he died.

I was stressed and felt completely incompetent to photograph this wedding. What did I end up with?

Pictures of nothing less than incredible strength and courage.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '13

Rebecka, I pray that he has a peaceful journey. I'm sure that his wife will cherish the photos.

You did well, Rebecka....God guided your eye and your camera to capture the love we all see in that wedding picture. This had to be very difficult for you.... You are our Hero!

joyful joyful
Nov '13

BLD,

Do you have a daughter than runs? Will we perhaps be in the same crowd next Sat at Holmdel for the next level?

Nov '13

Rebecka ~ I have no words. Your talent is truly inspiring. I'm sure your friends and their families will look back at the photographs and remember what a precious time it was.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '13

joyful - The groom is definitely the hero here. :-)

Thank you all for the nice words. I vented about this last week, and sort of felt the need to follow-up because the event turned out to be an inspiration.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '13

Fantastic photo, Rebecka. Best wishes to them both :)

Nov '13

I just meant, Rebecka that you were my Hero because you were able to take a very stressful situation in hand and fulfill their request so beautifully. I know myself and I also know my emotional capabilities and that I would never have been able to do this request as well and as professionally as you. Yes, the groom is most definitely a Hero as well...I will also pray that he has a peaceful journey..

joyful joyful
Nov '13

Something like this has a way of putting everything into perspective.
What matters most in each of our lives?
What is really important?
We are all here on this earth for such a short time...

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Nov '13

Very well said Spring Fever. :)

Rebecka- Thanks for sharing your friend's story....it's beautiful, sad and inspiring.

positive positive
Nov '13

Last week someone "dumped" cats on our property (I vented about it)... anyways, we have FOUND HOMES for two of them, and *may* be taking the third ourselves. (I keep telling DH we are on the verge of becoming crazy cat people, but he really likes the little tiger). This makes me happy. At least two of them will not have to go to PAL - they can use the resources for other kitties. :-) Our friends who are taking them will be paying for their check-ups and shots, etc. So nice, and they will have FANTASTIC homes.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '13

42 lbs bags of cat litter. That's like buying four at once!

Whooooooo Hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're big poopers. World class.

Tigger Tigger
Nov '13

We're big stinkers, too.

Sugar Sugar
Nov '13

We're World Champion stinky poopers. We're lots of fun. [Tee hee, tee hee]

White Shoes White Shoes
Nov '13

http://shameyourpet.com/

funny stuff - made me smile

skippy skippy
Nov '13

Rebecca, if you are checking this ... I was watching the a puppy cam earlier today and one of the puppies seemed to be caught under the corner area of the "box" and let out a cry. Leila got right up and tried to nudge it loose. From that time on, every time one of them went toward that ledge over hang area she would get up, and looked tense. A few times she got right up out of the box. Maybe that is why she wants them in the crate?

Nov '13

http://piepal.me/

http://vimeo.com/78796518

because in 2013 you can order pizza with a BUTTON!

skippy skippy
Nov '13

Spring - don't worry, the whelping box is made with rails only so that mom can't accidentally smush the puppy against the side of the box. The pups don't get stuck under the rail, but they do start squeaking when they want mom to find them. :-)

----

A button to order pizza? I'm pretty sure the Shepherds would figure that out pretty quickly and we'd have $500 a month on our cc from Domino's.

And some fat dogs.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '13

We are leaving for Vegas in a few hours to celebrate our 5th anniversary!

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '13

Calico696, Happy Anniversary! Have a great trip!

Happy Anniversary Calico and Horatio!!

Enjoy Vegas. Ah, warm weather... lucky you!

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '13

Happy Anniversary Calico...have a great time! :)

positive positive
Nov '13

Thanks everyone! We had a great time. Just got in a couple hours ago.

Here is a pic of us returning to the scene of the "crime"

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '13

You guys look so happy! Welcome back! :)

positive positive
Nov '13

Ich leib' Karl Ehmer. Weiß wurst. Ringe Keilbasa. Deutsch schprechende Kellnerinen. Und *alles*.

Let the chips fall where they may. ;-)

Und Weinachts Pyramiden auch.

I'm also a huge fan of Christmas Pyramids, made in the old east German areas. Am putting up two dozen of those of various sizes at the moment. Nothing says Christmas to me like that does.

Well, nothing like a Moravian star for my Moravian ancestors put out at the tradition day with Moravian beeswax candles and Moravian gingersnap cookies. ;-)

We were listening to the television on in the background, when an advertisement for an upcoming show comes on.

DH exclaims, "When GOATS attack!? Now that sounds like a show we need to see."

I'm happy because... DH still makes me laugh after eight years. Often without meaning to.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '13

I'm happy because of this beautiful child that I made. :o)

Tracy Tracy
Dec '13

AND she is beautiful! Cannot wait to meet her.

Christine Christine
Dec '13

Wow, look at those big, beautiful *alert* eyes! She looks like she doesn't miss a trick, Tracy. Thanks for sharing pics of your little bundle of love with us. It always makes me smile when I see her.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '13

She's lovely!

Firefly Firefly
Dec '13

It has been over a year since I've seen my best friend of over 30 years.....we finally got together and had a great time today. I'm truly fortunate to have a friend like her in my life. :)

positive positive
Dec '13

Nirav. Chicago made Indian pickles and other foods. I don't care who you are, that's good stuff. ;-)

I am happy that almost all of the snow has melted!!!!!

where is #1 tracy? lol beautiful baby

skippy skippy
Dec '13

I'm happy because I received MANY puppy kisses and bites yesterday from the most adorable puppies.....and also received many kisses from a cute little poodle named Iggy. Iggy also gave me MANY dirty looks as I gave those puppies too much attention.

It's amazing how good puppies can make you feel

Nosila Nosila
Dec '13

I made it to Providence RI without any traffic jams and I get to spend time with my sister, brother, their spouses, and one nephew

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '13

Glad you made it safely, 5catmom....you mentioned that you were making that trip and I was hoping all day that you made it there without incident. Merry Christmas!

joyful joyful
Dec '13

Thanks, Joyful

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '13

Merry Christmas to all - and all a good night

skippy skippy
Dec '13

I just saw Leila staring intently out the glass door of the kitchen. There was an opossum outside rooting around in the grass. I slowly opened the door and delivered a bowl of cat food to him. Merry Christmas, little opossum.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '13

SIL is pregnant!!! So excited. My second little niece or first nephew.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '13

Driving our big pickup. Extended 8-foot bed. Double cab. Large snowplow on the front. Made it through drive-up teller at BOA without taking out any pillars. Go me.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '14

I'm happy because Rebecka's posts make me smile :-)

Chickadee Chickadee
Jan '14

I'm happy because any size iced coffee is only .99cents at dunkin for the month of January!!

Sunshine Sunshine
Jan '14

I am happy because Chickadee is smiling due to Rebecca's post.

skippy skippy
Jan '14

...I have cuddl duds :-)

LeoLady LeoLady
Jan '14

I just became another great Aunt! Chevie Aleta was born 10 mins ago. My nephews are pushing out girls while my own kids are pushing out boys. LOL They are all healthy and that's all I care about.

Christine Christine
Jan '14

congrats!

skippy skippy
Jan '14

Congrats on the newest member of your family Christine!!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jan '14

Thanks jrz! Still waiting on my 3rd grandson to arrive in a couple of weeks and a couple of friends. Definitely a baby year!

Christine Christine
Jan '14

OMFreakingGod. 1st place for entire year 2013 in Photo Art category on Nature Photographers. http://www.naturephotographers.net/imagecritique/ic.cgi?a=vp&pr=201563&CGISESSID=785dbb015b16ee25593ac0718e00f4c9&u=21030

Somebody pinch me.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '14

That is spectacular, Rebecka. Congratulations!

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '14

Gorgeous picture! Congrats!

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Jan '14

Wow!! You deserve it Rebecka! Good for you! :)

positive positive
Jan '14

Beautiful photo Rebecka. Congratulations!

#1. Fried spaghetti with balsamic and an egg
#2. Polish pot roast
#3. Banh Canh Vietnamese noodles for Thai Red Curry
#4. Mozzarella apple calvados tarragon chicken
#5. Mom got what she wanted for two years now
#6. Cat food that played 784 games but now is on sale for 4/$1 with a 50 cent off coupon. &@!^ are the cats happy!!!

Well it sounds like everyone in your household is happy, GC! Are those recipes for-real or fiction?

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '14

I'm off to find snowy owls and eagles tomorrow with friend and cameras --I'll be even happier if I actually see some

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '14

....I just became a grand MA for the very first time! So happy! So blessed!

htown newbie htown newbie
Jan '14

Congrats newbie. Being a grandparent is the best! We are expecting our third any day now.

Christine Christine
Jan '14

Rebecka - For real? Positively, as real as Iggy's bad haircut. Polish pot roast comes from Jeff Smith's PBS TV show 20 years ago, the calvados Normandy chicken comes from a NY Times Sunday edition, Thai red curry is pretty much standard, and the balsamic spaghetti is something I just threw together this afternoon. I've given a couple of those (pictures included) out in "The Lounge" here, and can release them to you if you want...

htown newbie - Congrats on that.

congrats newbie - best part is you can spoil them and give them back!!

skippy skippy
Jan '14

I finally made reservations for a much needed mini-vacation... Look out Green Parrot here I come!! No Snivelling!!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jan '14

Yay, Jrzygirl! Good for you.

Newbie -- congrats. Must feel amazing. I know a grandchild has made my parents' lives so full of love. May this happen to you. <3

Balsamic spaghetti sounds amazing GC. I must not have been in the lounge when you were serving; I'd love the secret recipe.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '14

Rebecka - That one is no secret at all, it's just one of those very old combinations that is so simple it's better than anything complicated. All I do is through a touch of olive oil in a hot pan, fry some spaghetti, linguini, or fettuccini for a bit, throw in balsamic to taste and a scrambled egg. Just keep it moving for 30 seconds to get the egg to solidify, and you're done. It's like an Italian version of fried lo mein. Or a side shoot of the spaghetti fritatta which the recipe is over on the Lounge thread.

Which by the way - anyone been to the Lounge lately? I have a sneaky suspicion cbel is still there warming herself by the fire, reading yet another library book, falling asleep with a warm blanket and dreams of yellow tulips.....

Its raining instead of snowing. Yes Iam one of the snow haters. Lol!

botheredbyuu
Jan '14

There are really nice genuine people on this forum....they make it worth my while to continue to participate.

positive positive
Jan '14

GC - that was a lovely thought.

Going to try your recipe tomorrow night.

Positive - yes, there are nice people everywhere. Don't let the turkeys get you down.

I'm happy because there is a snoring puppy in our bedroom. Zzzzzzz...

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '14

I am happy this morning because the snow has not started to fall just yet and hopefully we will be on the ship and about to start our planned cruise before it does...Some long awaited and long overdue R&R!!!!

joyful joyful
Jan '14

Have a wonderful time!!!!

Lady Jayne Lady Jayne
Jan '14

Ditto - have a great time Joyful - happy here because I was able to change this afternoon's eye doc appointment.................

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '14

Have a great time Joyful !! You picked a great time to go on a cruise, since the next 2 weeks are supposed to be really COLD !! Better leave now, so you can make it to the ship. Better to be early than stuck in snow.

Mariann Mariann
Jan '14

Bon Voyage, joyful! Send us all a postcard to make us jealous.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '14

Have a great time!!

positive positive
Jan '14

Today I have on the ugliest outfit you've ever seen. I am going to do some painting, so I pulled out a 15-year-old pair of pink sweatpants, and paired them with a remarkably unattractive red t-shirt.

And I am happy because... the animals continue to look at me like I am the best, most beautiful mommy ever. :-)

Animals know what's important...

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '14

Is the cam on, rebecka?

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '14

Um, no, thankfully, 5cat! My laptop is in my office being updated software-wise...

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '14

GC - forgot to tell you, the balsamic spaghetti was amazing! Everyone should try it!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '14

Bringing puppy Athena for her first outing on the town. If you happen to see us on Main Street, be sure to stop and say hello! Wish me luck, she's never been on a leash OR seen traffic!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '14

dang - wish I were going to be in town

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '14

We just had our 3rd grandson this morning.. He is healthy 7lbs 13oz,20" long. Julian David. I am so proud of my son and DIL! Cannot wait to go and see him. Unfortunately they live in Charlotte NC. We will call him "JD" for short. He has an older brother called Jaren Nicholas. My son apparently has the same obsession of "J" names as I do!

Did I say I was proud?

Christine Christine
Feb '14

Congrats Christine! What a cutie! :)

Thanks Sue.....

Christine Christine
Feb '14

Congratulations ....Christine and all of the family. You are blessed with another beautiful new grandson to spoil and love....

joyful joyful
Feb '14

Nothing like a new baby to make your heart swell with happiness. Congratulations!! He's gorgeous.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '14

Thanks Rebecka.....

Christine Christine
Feb '14

Beautiful baby Christine! Enjoy!

What a little sweetheart! Congrats! We have something in common, in that I recently received the same gift from my daughter...3rd grandson. Enjoy them all & spoil them rotten!,

Thanks lady. cant wait to get to see him. They live in NC.

Christine Christine
Feb '14

Some of the work I do, I donate the proceeds to animal (wildlife and pet) rescue organizations. So I just did some photo editing for a woman and she asked how much she should pay me. I told her it's however much she wants, because the money is going to be given to a local animal group. Well, she paid me much more than she needed to... obviously because she was happy to donate. And this really made my day. She just donated the funds for an animal's healthcare, or a lot food for injured wildlife, for example.... so nice.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '14

Lemons make lemonaide. If it's going to snow like crazy, make Shoofly Pie! Or even better Funny Cake! Vanilla pie rocks..... If you're not happy, nothing like an Amish Dessert. Snickerdoodle uber alles. ;-)

Lemons also make Limoncello! It just takes a lot longer.

jrsemom jrsemom
Feb '14

Limoncello di Tiberio!! Isola di Capri. They may close at 4:00 PM, but that only means you can enter at 4:00 and leave at 6:00!! Been there, done that. ;-)

it....is.....snowing!! and my office closed.. Life is good :)

darlughh darlughh
Feb '14

Two young men are out shoveling driveways!! They were a huge help and well worth the cash!! Hope they make lots of money today!!

Sunshine Sunshine
Feb '14

GC - your above-mentioned balsamic spaghetti has become a Saturday night ritual in our house; DH requests it. SO yummy. Thanks for sharing that recipe.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '14

I'm happy because I just purchased a crewel pillow kit on eBay that I have been looking for for months! Dying for it to arrive and to start it but it's going to take forever to complete... I may have grey hair by the time I'm done!

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '14

Rebecka: That is going to be beautiful when completed. My Mom who has been gone for many years now was a Master of Crewel Embroidery. She actually was a artist as well and drew a picture of my dog Peppy at that time and then proceeded to make that into a crewel embroidery picture of her. I value this to this day as a reminder of her talent. She also gave many pieces of her work to other family and friends and they still have them in their homes as a beautiful memory of her talent.

joyful joyful
Feb '14

Joyful - yes, handmade needlework pieces are heirlooms! A family holds on to them forever. Your mom sounds like she was really talented. All the pieces she gave away... well, everyone who has one will always have a part of her spirit.

I come from French ancestry, and the women in my family each knew a specific needle art. I have a treasured pair of pillow cases which were finished with crochet on the ends -- from my Great Grandmother! Afghans from aunts, and I still wear a pair of socks that my Grandmother knitted. So warm in the winter! I think crewel is my niche.

Do you embroider, too?

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '14

Sorry to say....not a bit! My Mom tried her best to teach me to sit still long enough to learn how to crochet or knit but was not meant to be. I guess my talent was in music as I wound up tap dancing and singing with a band in my high school years and continue in my old age with my writing of poetry and children's stories. My Mom also enjoyed a form of needlework they call "Tatting" and I still have some of the beautiful handkerchiefs she made.

joyful joyful
Feb '14

A few days late but I'm still happy because I saw Rebelution last week. An amazing show that had me dancing to every song.

The nursery is finally ready... three days ahead of schedule, in my estimation. We won't talk about being over budget, lol...

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Feb '14

Another view...

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Feb '14

Nothing goes with a changing table like Pooh...

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Feb '14

lovely - all ready....well done

5catmom 5catmom
Feb '14

Adorable! Pooh is a very popular theme lately.

So excited for you to welcome your baby boy. Maggie is anxiously awaiting too!

Tracy Tracy
Feb '14

Love the Pooh theme..especially the quilt over the changing table. I'll bet you're getting pretty anxious at this point. Can't wait to hear when he's arrived :)

Bessie Bessie
Feb '14

Looks great, ian! Such an exciting time. Keep us posted!

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '14

Absolutely beautiful. Very soon, now.

Coralie Coralie
Feb '14

iPhone-imal, your pics just put a smile on my face. Such a happy time for you.

Chickadee Chickadee
Feb '14

iPhone-imal: The baby's room is absolutely adorable.. I love Winnie the Pooh ! What a lucky baby coming into your home shortly. Wishing you both the best with the soon to be new arrival....

joyful joyful
Feb '14

Piglet says "The more it snows, Tiddly Pom".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbpK0rFlDFk

Looks great Ian! Now it just needs a baby.

jrsemom jrsemom
Feb '14

Meet Sebastian Franco... Born at 9:48, 7lb-5oz and 19"

Mommy and son are both resting and bonding

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Feb '14

Oh my goodness! He's just precious. Did they do his hair before his picture was taken?

Welcome to the world, Sebastian!

Tracy Tracy
Feb '14

awww adorable - hope dad is bonding too----Congratulations

5catmom 5catmom
Feb '14

Congrats to the new Mommy & Daddy, and welcome to the world babianimal! I am dying from how cute he is!!!

Welcome Baby Sebastian - how cute.

Wendy

wbeleno wbeleno
Feb '14

How wonderful! Best wishes to all of you!

Feb '14

Congratulations and warmest wishes to you on the birth of Sebastian!

Chickadee Chickadee
Feb '14

Iphone-first one? Congrats!

botheredbyuu
Feb '14

Aww, so cute! Congrats to you and your wife, Ian. :)

A brand new baby son for the iPhone-imal family. He is just a beautiful baby boy! And...what a distinguished name "Sebastian"....Love it!!!....Congratulations!

joyful joyful
Feb '14

Best day of your life, iphone-imal and Mrs. iphone-imal! Bask in the joy!

Lady Jayne Lady Jayne
Feb '14

Congrats ianimal and sheanimal. Sebastian is one handsome guy. Love his hair. He was born with a lot!

Now get ready for more fun! Its all an adventure from here on in!!

Christine Christine
Feb '14

Congratulations to both of you!!

Adorable ! :)

darlughh darlughh
Feb '14

May I suggest wee-animal as his screen name? :-D

Congratulations, ianimal and sheanimal!!!!

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '14

Dude.....sweet
congrats on your baby boy

Yay!! Congrats Ianimal and Sheanimal. Such a cutie!! Wishing you all the best on your new bundle of joy!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '14

ADORABLE

Nosila Nosila
Feb '14

Absolutely adorable... I love his hair, already the cool kid on the block

Bessie Bessie
Feb '14

Congrats! He is so precious!

jrsemom jrsemom
Feb '14

Thanks everyone...

Rebecka, weeanimal is a great screen name. Why didn't I think of that? (-;

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/483335#t483396

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Feb '14

Athena had her fourth puppy vet visit today and she is so healthy and doing great. She weighs 34 lbs!

She has also learned to take treats gently out of your hand. This is SO hard to teach some dogs. German Shepherds often take treats like snappy alligators, and G-d forbid she take a treat like that from a child's hand. She has finally learned that she has to get the treat out of your fingers with her tongue, otherwise, she doesn't get the treat. Yay!

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '14

I am happy because my son's band, The Schwam, just released their first album and it's on iTunes!! I'm so happy and excited for them!!

Outrun the Sun by The Schwam

Yes, a shameless plug. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/TheSchwam

Nice SueR!

Christine Christine
Feb '14

Great news SueR!

Chickadee Chickadee
Feb '14

I'm happy because we have some new people posting regularly here who are really very nice and positive and helpful.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '14

61 degrees today so I spent the whole day down the shore...cruising the boards, smelling the ocean and having ice cream! ahhhhh how I needed that!

zombiechick zombiechick
Feb '14

Since most of the men in my life have facial hair its only appropriate that he does.

18 days old.

Its elementary Dear Watson!

Christine Christine
Feb '14

cute!

skippy skippy
Feb '14

I took a selfie! Of my hair! My first and ever self portrait, you can be assured of that. But I'm happy because... my hair is finally getting long again. (I feel like a teenager posting this. I'm 42! Well out of my teens. But for some reason I'm feeling a bit... frivolous today.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '14

Your hair is beautiful, Rebecka!

joyful joyful
Feb '14

Gorgeous hair Rebecka! 42? I always thought you were a lot younger....not that 42 is old, just thought you were in your early thirties. :)

positive positive
Feb '14

That is a beautiful head of hair :) IMO, nicely kept long hair is the best jewelry a woman can have.

eperot eperot
Feb '14

Aw, thanks for the nice hair compliments, guys! It's all thanks to Amy, a godsend of a stylist.

Positive - I probably come across as younger... I'm pretty idealistic at times.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '14

Rebecka, that's a great way to be. :)

positive positive
Feb '14

I'm happy because it's Wednesday. Wednesday the Golden Skillet special of the day is 8 piece chicken.

And that's paw lickin' YUMMY!!!

White Shoes White Shoes
Feb '14

Wait just a cotton pickin minit white shoes. Your daddy buys you fried chicken?! I am gettin' mad here because i aint never heard of eight piece anythin from goldin skillet.

Iggles J. Snoots Iggles J. Snoots
Feb '14

Igster - I sure do. I think you better check with the Poodle Association if you want any extra crispy. Only problem is, she's the one with all the fried chicken and I don't think she's giving any up. Now, don't you have some 'Snausages to get back to?? Enjoy.

whahoo new lens and it's soooo much better than the one it replaced -- - oh yeah - someone will ask - nikon 18-300 replacing tamron 18-270

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '14

Spotted a chipmunk running in my yard yesterday;) The true harbinger of spring:)

blackcat blackcat
Mar '14

blackcat, the squirrels seemed to have reappeared over the weekend too. Saw a bunch.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '14

I saw a squirrel in the road on the way to work this morning. He had seen his final spring.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Mar '14

wow - I've had squirrels all winter - and they are busy making babies - first two came into Antler Ridge Wildlife Rescue-

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '14

The squirrels have been having a party at my house;) I do think that one met its fate at the talons of a hawk yesterday. Interrupted the hawk while it was noshing on something....

Blackcat Blackcat
Mar '14

No snow!! No snooooowwww!! :-) :-)

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Mar '14

And GS cookies are in;)

Blackcat Blackcat
Mar '14

A foil wrapped freezer package expected to be an ordinary half pound turkey leg turns out to be three and a half honey glazed pounds of expertly rosemary wine roasted prime turkey breast. Two gut bloated snoozing cats are as happy as the human. ;-)

That's a great surprise and sounds delicious. GC- you have quite a way with words when it comes to food, especially in "The Lounge". You are not good for my diet. Lol :)

positive positive
Mar '14

my new walking sneakers came!! Look out 5cat I have springs now, to bounce down the trails like Tigger!! LOL!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '14

Positive - In which case I think next week's special had better be a Garden Salad topped with Cajun Blackened Turkey. ;-)

I'm happy today because employees back from vacation means no more support calls backing up with only one guy to answer them. ;-)

@ JrzyGirl88..What brand are your sneakers? What was the deciding factor in picking them? I need to buy a new pair and always have a terrible time finding ones that are comfortable.

Bessie Bessie
Mar '14

jrzyGirl - you're scaring me ---wonder if we'll get a dry day to walk again --
Bessie - my favorites with wide toe box are saucony's - get 'em at DSW

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '14

Thanks 5catmom, will check them out.

Bessie Bessie
Mar '14

Bessie ~ these are Spira wave walkers. I haven't worn them out and about yet, so I can't give a review. My feet are pretty average (no problems) so I thought the on-line purchase would be ok and the reviews were really good. Will let you know after my first walk in them. I am giving up my newest pair of Asics, I don't know what happened, my last two pair were great, these are horrible! They hurt my feet, rub funny on the sides of my toes. Seems the whole structure changed in the shoe.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '14

What was suppose to be a lunch with a bunch of old high school friends turned out to be 5 hours of talking, then a night at Bea Mcnallys eating, drinking and talking another 4 hours! Not only did we have a ball its the first time I spent that much time outside the house since my MS flared up. I am so happy.

Christine Christine
Mar '14

We're in beautiful sunny Florida and the baby was a total champ on the plane! Missing our pup though. Wish she was here too.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '14

DH just told me he bought me a piano. It's been years since I've had one. I broke down in tears of happiness.

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '14

I am Happy Because.....Today in Shop-Rite a lady came up to me...asked if I was "Joyful" and gave me one of the nicest compliments I have heard in a long, long time....Thank you, JRT!

joyful joyful
Apr '14

You are very welcome Joyful, and I'm happy that I got to meet you:)

It's Record Store Day 14 and scored a good haul!!! Joan Jett, Bruce, Johnny Cash, Erik B. & Rakhim and some vintage children's albums for an upcoming baby shower :-D

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '14

Happy Easter everyone!!

positive positive
Apr '14

To you and your family too, positive :)

botheredbyuu
Apr '14

Adorable picture Positive! Happy Easter to you and your family too! And Scooby!

jennymc jennymc
Apr '14

My first piano lesson (in 20 years) is in an hour! So excited.

A friend who was over asked DH if my new piano came with a headphone jack. He's a smart a-- and was joking (maybe)... but I do seriously need some lessons. This forum is great, too - I mentioned on the thread about getting the piano delivered that I would need some lessons, and very shortly thereafter I got a PM from a piano teacher. How convenient is that!

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '14

I'm happy because Leela finally pooped out the second latex glove she ate on Friday:) She inhales th like noodles:(

Blackcat Blackcat
Apr '14

I'm happy because my kids and hubby are happy and my garden is cleaned and ready to plant.
And I have seen again the deer in our backyard ( like 10 of them) and Albino Deer ( cool) I have not seen the turkeys yet so far.

I am still happy every day that it is not snowing any more. What a brutal winter this was. Yay Spring.

Rebecka Rebecka
May '14

Leila is pleased to announce that in about 3.5 weeks, she will be providing subjects for another Puppy Cam for your viewing pleasure.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '14

Oh My, more cutie puppies, from a beautiful mom. That is wonderful. Happy Labor Day Leila.

Wendy

wbeleno wbeleno
Jun '14

Yes indeed....I'll be watching...but fear cuteness overload

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '14

I fear poodle nurse installment #2....

White Shoes White Shoes
Jun '14

I'm Happy Because the Duke and I enjoyed breakfast this morning at the Allamuchy General Store ( the breakfast was fantastic and their menu featured a variety of unique breakfast items prepared just right!) with some of our HL friends. A great way to start the day!

joyful joyful
Jun '14

Bumping this up, because I wanted to see how many more weeks until the puppy cam is up and running.

wendy

wbeleno wbeleno
Jun '14

Our vet estimates we are between 9 and 14 days out now, Wendy. Puppies expected between the 20th and 25th. 25th is her expected date based on timing of breedings, but ultrasound tests showed that the puppies were quite well-developed and larger than expected for the date of the ultrasound, so she may go a few days early. We are having a check-up and an x-ray done with Dr. Mary (Pleasant Valley Vets) next Thursday, the 19th. This will show us exactly how many puppies she is carrying. Guess what - the ultrasound test showed at least 6! I will post her x-ray on the forum so we can all see and count the little pups in her belly together.

Thanks for asking. We are getting very excited, getting our puppy room all set up (it's going to be our sunroom this time), and we can't wait to share our Puppy Cam with everyone!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '14

Happiness is a Warm Bath...

ianimal ianimal
Jun '14

that is a WONDERFUL pic - weeanimal!! such relaxed happiness!!

pmnsk pmnsk
Jun '14

He is so cute.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jun '14

ianimal he looks like you there. SO adorable......makes me miss mine :(

Christine Christine
Jun '14

So so cute, ianimal. Maggie just started taking big girl baths in the big tub. She loves it. Splashes like a maniac.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '14

The Weeanimal is just adorable and looks like he's loving that bath.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '14

I'm happy because I just saw that adorable picture of weeanimal

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '14

How is the mom to be, Leila? Hope all is going as planned.
Getting close to her due date and of course now it is getting hot. Poor momma.

Wendy

wbeleno wbeleno
Jun '14

Thanks for asking, Wendy! She is getting huge. Very uncomfortable in this heat, so short leash-walks only and then back in the 68-degree house to lie on the sofa. I've updated the puppy blog and I'm going to post a pic of her big and pregnant on it later today or tomorrow. And pics of our new puppy room which is the sunroom this time because it sure is warm enough in there! We find out tomorrow how many pups exactly she is carrying. :-) My prediction is pups born on Saturday night.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '14

Thanks for the update Rebecka - when all is updated, please post the puppy blog link again. June 21 / 22 sounds like a good day for birthdays.

Wendy

wbeleno wbeleno
Jun '14

I'm happy because I'm in Santa Fe for 10 days

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '14

Because Chris Christie has got my back :)

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/06/christies_lawyers_unveil_legal_strategy_for_pension_court_battle.html

I'm happy because I just read on this thread that the puppy cam will be active again soon. I can't wait to see Iggy again. LOL I also know Mindy's Mom will be happy. She told me last time Leila had puppies she watched the puppy cam for hours.

Chickadee Chickadee
Jun '14

Just because the flowers are out, veggies are planted and the crazy pumpkins i left in the yard are growing!!!

mammadone mammadone
Jun '14

Leila's pregnancy portrait -->

Website is www.ThePuppyRoom.com

Live webcam will be on when she goes into labor. We were amazed how many people were sharing our joy of puppies via the webcam last time. We had over 13,000 views!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '14

I had such a nice day. First visited MIL, then had my Mom out for some quality time. We laughed about our past memories and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Doesn't get better then that!

Christine Christine
Jun '14

Bumping this back up for the website for when the puppies come - I keep waiting to read "the puppies are coming, the puppies are coming"....I am sure others are waiting too -

Wendy

wbeleno wbeleno
Jun '14

She's getting antsy, Wendy. Might be tonight.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '14

I will be quitting my sucky night job and moving on. WHOO HOO!

Jun '14

Oh my goodness Leila is lying down right outside the whelping box and sleeping with her chin resting on the side of the box and opening her eyes every few minutes to check on the puppies. So much cuteness. Such a good mommy. Happy because we have six healthy, content puppies.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

This is such wonderful news, Rebecka....no wonder you are happy!!!

joyful joyful
Jul '14

Congrats!

skippy skippy
Jul '14

I am happy because my daughter's club lacrosse team won the Championship for their division in the lacrosse tournament this weekend!

They have come so far this season and have truly become a team! Way to go!

Coralie Coralie
Jul '14

Sebastian is proud to announce that he will be having a baby sister... looks like dad will be converting another bedroom to a nursery, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Jul '14

That is really great news, ianimal. Congratulations!

joyful joyful
Jul '14

Congrats WeeAnimal et al

Skippy Skippy
Jul '14

So what are we going to name the girl on HL? Sheweeanimal? Congrats on the girl.....

Christine Christine
Jul '14

Congratulations! Yay for little girls!

Tracy Tracy
Jul '14

Wow - when you get onboard you get onboard. Congrats!

Firefly Firefly
Jul '14

Congrats!

jrsemom jrsemom
Jul '14

Wow, congrats ianimal. Guess doing it outside pays off for you. Lol ;) Seriously, congrats and best wishes to the wifey.

Jul '14

@ianimal and sheanimal.. Definitely a reason to be happy, Congratulations! When is the new baby due?

Bessie Bessie
Jul '14

That is happy news, ianimal. Congrats to you and your family.

Chickadee Chickadee
Jul '14

I'm happy and proud of my brother who rescued an abandoned kitten in a busy CVS parking lot in Nutley yesterday.

He persistently put cat food in a cat carrier trying to lure the kitty into the carrier. Well with his patience and perserverance within three days he captured the kitten.

He found a great home (a family friend) for the kitten that just recently had to put their cat down.

A win win situation!

positive positive
Jul '14

Very nice news, ianimal! Congrats to you and your family!! :)

I'm happy because today I crossed "Clean Linen Closet" off my bucket list. Never thought that would happen.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

Can you be happy and sad at the same time?

I am happy because tomorrow I am leaving for Chicago and will be able to see 57 cousins and all their offspring's, but sad because its for a funeral, BUT happy because I get to get outta town for a few days, but sad because I will miss my hubby, but happy my kids will fend for themselves, but sad because I am only going to accompany my Mom who cannot travel alone anymore BUT VERY HAPPY we get to spend some quality time together.

Yes win win!!! LOL

Christine Christine
Jul '14

I'm Happy Because...

i am lucky enough to have just the greatest wife a husband could ever ask for.

i am very happy, and very lucky in this life, she is just the best person i could want to share the rest of my life with.

36 years together and going strong, thank you dear heart, thank you very much for being my wife

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '14

Congrats BD!

Skippy Skippy
Aug '14

Congrats BD..36 years is quite the accomplishment these days, Clyde and I are few years behind you at 32 years together.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '14

thanks bessie and skippy, appreciate the kind words,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '14

Thats GREAT BrotherDog. Hope we can all be that happy. :)

Aug '14

Congratulations, Brother Dog and wife....

joyful joyful
Aug '14

I am Happy because tomorrow morning my daughter who lives in California will be home for a visit. Although we stay in touch and are very close...I have not seen her in person in a few years now. Long overdue for some hugs!

joyful joyful
Oct '14

Enjoy your visit with your daughter Joyful. California is so far away. Happy for you that she is coming home for a visit !

Mariann Mariann
Oct '14

Joyful, enjoy your visit and all the many hugs with your daughter.

Chickadee Chickadee
Oct '14

Is it the daughter I know? If so tell her I said hi!!

Christine Christine
Oct '14

A friend of mine went salmon fishing upstate NY and caught a lot. We are gratefully the recipient. Fresh salmon from Lake Ontario MMmmmmmm.

Christine Christine
Oct '14

Yes, it is Christine. She is coming home for a visit and also to be with me when I have a medical procedure done Monday at Morristown hospital...She is still the same girl you knew in high school...caring and thoughtful as ever...

joyful joyful
Oct '14

joyful, enjoy your daughter and sending out prayers & good wishes for Monday.

Give her my best and good luck on Monday. you will be in my prayers.

Christine Christine
Oct '14

I found a very gratifying job over a month ago..where I get to help and interact with elderly and disabled people. It's exhausting work, but when I'm done for the day I feel good and I look forward to the next day.

positive positive
Oct '14

Just got rid of several dozen boxes out of our business' conference room of what was trash to me. Yet the guy drove two hours to pick it up and actually paid me for it. I can't believe something that no one else will take and if they would I'd have to pay for it turned into $ in the other direction. So happy to see the back end of that crap...

Good to hear, joyful, and best of luck on Monday. Enjoy your visit with your daughter.

Tracy Tracy
Oct '14

Sometimes it's just a simple walk on a crisp Fall day with my special girl... and I'm thinking there is nothing that could make me happier.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

My ridiculously expensive price manipulated release it in a different form to keep the monopoly medication is generic in 2015!!! $70/mo goes to $15/mo. Woohoo!!

GC, you're on REPMRIIADFTKTMM too? Small world... (-;

ianimal ianimal
Nov '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.