The Afterlife

Does anyone believe there is an afterlife and have you had an experience to make you feel that way ?

jerseycash5
Feb '13

Absolutely, but I'm not going to talk about it here.

Smart move, cbel!

Can't wait for the HL "discussion" to begin.

slade slade
Feb '13

After five incidents of Sudden Cardiac Arrest, I am a believer. But like "cbel" stated this isn't the place to discuss the issue.

NJKID1010 NJKID1010
Feb '13

There are some who might feel comfortable discussing it here. Im just curios because I know friends who swear there is an afterlife. Personally I lean to believing there is.

jerseycash5
Feb '13

No, of course not. No logical or scientific evidence supports such a ridiculous hypothesis.

MikeL MikeL
Feb '13

Mike- You sound like you are on the fence with this one! LOL.

Maybe its time someone should talk about about this subject. My daughter had a very close relationship with her Grandmother. They went every where together.The night after Grandma passed away, she appeared to my daughter as an apparition to calm her fears about Grandma. My daughter told us that morning that Grandma was alright and feeling better. She let her know that Grandma was still looking after her. I have personally had some reminders of my late mother. Small but interesting enough. Once on my birthday a total stranger showed me a birthday cake and asked me what I thought of it. My birthday was that day. It was laced with Icing that would have been the the same Birthday Greetings my mother would have put on the cake.True but strange

oldman oldman
Feb '13

I think it's safe to say no one knows for sure but I think it's unlikely

Joe M Joe M
Feb '13

I deffinatly do , my husband passed away recently and I felt someone In the middle of the night sit on the bed , where he always sat I woke out of a dead sleep scared , then a few days later I heard him calling my name two times loader than anything I have ever heard. , almost like he was trying to find me , yes I believe , have had other things sinse but to long to write

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Feb '13

Mike L: I respect your opinion, but I know what I know and so do many others.

ABSOLUTELY!!

As cbel said wont discuss it here.

Christine Christine
Feb '13

Beliefs are not only very personal, the reasons behind them are often even more so. It's not that I won't or don't talk about it myself, I just know what I believe and what has happened to me doesn't fit into a few forum posts. Even Mr G sized ones. ;-)

I have beliefs that aren't just lengthy to describe, they're not easy to explain either. That's why it means speaking in person is necessary.

GC, I agree with you completely. I too have experienced unexplainable incidents. And as you said, much too long to into here. And there are the non believers who will dispute any and all of my experiences. But I definitely believe.

Tanya Tanya
Feb '13

@OldMan,
Its funny to hear the story of your daughter and her grandmother.
I too had a similar experience after my husbands grandfather died, My daughter was only 4months old when he passed, 2 days later I lay awake in my bed my daughter sleeping soundly in her crib at the foot. I saw my husbands grandfather leaning over her crib looking at her (it wasn't like a ghostly figure, him in an outline of light like he was cast by a spotlight on stage) he looked at me smiled and walked out the door.

I myself, im not sure if I believe in an after life but I do believe in spirits.
I find it hard to believe that after you die there is nothingness and nothingness before you are born. Maybe we see the world over again through the eyes of another?

SB1031 SB1031
Feb '13

I had a great relationship with my Great Grandfather. In the last week of his life he would introduce me to his brothers who had passed on before him and joke with them as if they were right there remembering old times. He was still with it, he wasn’t crazy. You could ask him what was on the news that day to see if he was just confused and he was right on point.

Then came the day he passed away. I got this feeling towards the end of the school day, I was in 10th grade. I tried to put off going home. When I got home my grandmother told me that my Pop had been asking for me all day. So when I went into his room he asked me to come over and help him get up from his bed. He told me he had to go. I got this feeling of sadness as if I know he was going for good. I asked him where he was going and he said I need to get up it is time to go. So I went over to him. I told him that I loved him and I was going to miss him. He said I know Butt (he always called me Butt). With that I sat him up on the side of the bed and held him. I could feel the life leave him. No more breathing No pulse. I laid him down. I felt warmth around me like he was hugging me one last time.
To this day I am not sure about the afterlife. But with this experience I believe there is one and it must not be bad. It leads me to believe that your spirit lives on. Where it goes I do not know but that is an experience I will never forget.

I agree with MikeL.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '13

If I told you what I know, y'all would think I'm crazy, so I'm not doing it, not here anyway.

People got on my case when I said the Mets are cursed. I was just being honest. Well, where did they finish, guys?

Sometimes it is not best to reveal what you know. Some things are just better kept to ourselves.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '13

Yes, Andy, sometimes things are just better kept to ourselves..We are simply being asked on this thread if we do believe and if we have experienced same....
My answer is Yes ! and Yes!

joyful joyful
Feb '13

You starting a cult GC :)

What's the big deal about sharing , I would like to hear them , makes me feel better , why care what others think you either believe or don't

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Feb '13

Because many people are not as sure of their "beliefs" as they would like to think they are; and discussing them on this forum might not be so comfortable.

iJay: I'm totally sure and will share with other believers any time, but I'm not going to open myself up to ridicule on this forum. Comments like yours probably keep many people from sharing.

cbel - Just a question. Isn't it a little boring to only discuss things with those who have the same opinion?

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '13

No it isn't, Calico. Afterlife, abortion, gay marriage, gun control, etc. I'd rather state my opinion once, respect the others' and be done with it. I've never seen anyone's mind change on these subjects, at least on HL.

All of your ridiculous "unexplained" events have an explanation I assure you.

It IS ridiculous in this day and age for an educated adult to even fathom a possibility of an afterlife. You're dead...that's it. You don't come back and yell at your wife, you don't come back as a dog, and you don't get beamed up to heaven (or shoved into hell) either. Live your life for today, because the alternative is eternal darkness. The dark roots of earth will see us home eventually.

cbel - Thanks for your reply. Discussions aren't necessarily to change people's mind IMO, sometimes they are just to hear what other people's opinions are.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '13

WMO that might be what happens to you but I will be meet my husband someday , I pity people that think this is it , if that were the case why is there right from wrong , why wouldn't we all be bad if there were no consequences

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Feb '13

come on now folks, it's ok to share; be brave, it's all for the good;

the rational mind will never understand the irrational mind.

there is more to life than science and logic

logic is actually a flawed philosophical concept.

mathematics is anything other than 'pure'

time itself is a plastic medium that changes relative to speed

there is more that we do not know than there is that we do know.

i have had several life altering experiences that cannot be 'explained' by any rational thought construct:

once driving in a car with a powerful engine i made a stupid mistake, (18 years old); i should have died right there, but some how, some way that totally defies the laws of physics the car changed speed and direction and i was fine. cannot explain it to this day.

i was really close to someone when i was younger (19 years old). i knew the moment she made a commitment to the lord. we were in different towns in different states and i was suddenly awakened at about 1:00 am in the morning by a blinding light (in my head) i sat up in bed and knew for sure what had happened. when she got back into town we discussed this and she said exactly when she made the commitment, 1:00 am. i just cannot explain this in any rational way at all. it is what it is, i have not made anything up.

many of you are cat people, and now i am one as well; we had a cat (much beloved in our family) who got sick and died. he was buried n the yard that day. the very next morning about 24 hours after he passed away i was leaving for work, as i walked past his favorite napping place, i heard him, yes! it was a very distinctive sound that he made. i looked around and was silent. then left for work. the very next morning (48 hours after he passed away) i was sharing a cup of coffee with my wife talking quietly, and i heard the cat again. I looked at my wife, and she looked at me, finally i spoke, "did you hear that?" , 'yes" she confirmed , "it sounds like Blackie!" i said , "yes it does" she replied, to this very day for both of us it remains an incredible experience that defies rational explanations, cannot say it any other way, it happened just like that. i have no need to embellish this or make anythng up . we both experenced this and cannot explain it. i share this true exp with you guys in full honesty and sincerity.

my mother passed away after a long illness, but right before she died, she and my father shared with me an incredible account of how my dead Uncle had appeared to both of them at separate times, telling them simply that "it would be alright" . my father said this to me as an experienced mechanical engineer who did not go to church or believe in ghost stories, he is a changed man since that experience. when my mother and father revealed this to us we all thought that our dear uncle was trying to say that Ma would recover from her illness. But now we believe that he was trying to tell my folks to not worry, that she would be alright on the other side. i fully believe this to be true

there a couple of other incidents that i can share with you all , but this s enough for now.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Feb '13

Calico - I think that's exactly the point. It's not about not having a conversation, it's about when, why, and who with. Any discussion that involves making someone else change their mind is not something I would want to get involved in. Someone who just wants to hear some stories I have to tell, no problem. But how can you tell the difference between honest adult curiosity and a burning need for "The Argument Argument"? That's why some people will discuss it, just in person.

WOW, Brother Dog! You and I are on the same side here. Maybe there's hope for a truce. :) By the way, I have a slew of stories, too.

ok, I believe ... but it's not something you can preach ... everybody finds it at the right time in their own way.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '13

What if what happens to you when you die is what you *believe* will happen to you when you die?

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '13

without a doubt and for sure

Stan: The farmer on Route 57, right?

My mother inlaw when young was engaged to a man that was away at war , she knew the moment he died

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Feb '13

Wonderful stories. I respect everyone beliefs. I wish all of you the best in what ever road you travel. I am the kind of guy that usually needs to be shown to believe something. Given my person expireances and those in my profession. I am greatful for everyone of them.

Me, too, C.J. And then, after my husband died in 1975, I've been shown over and over again and I believe. No one else has to, but I know what I know.

cbel - Grandma also and a few other choice events :)

Hmmm...afterlife. Here's a thought. How can you NOT BE ? I would think you might exist in some other form or something, but "How can you NOT BE?"

My father died after a hard battle with cancer.Five years after his death he came to me in a very vivid dream. In the dream, I walked to my local store and there was my father standing out front like he was waiting for me. He said "Wait here I will get it for you". He looked healthy and like his old self. When he came out of the store he handed me the goods I had headed there for. He said " Tell everyone I am doing fine and not to worry". Thats the truth.

oldman oldman
Feb '13

No is just as easy as Yes. There's nothing wrong with it. There are many reasons why people both do and don't believe. When it comes to something intangible, there is no right or wrong.

Simply put, without the experience you can't know for sure. Belief either way without is faith in what you don't know.

+1 GC

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '13

YES I believe!! Have had the pleasure of seeing John Edward 3 times and have no doubts about the afterlife. Oddly enough thou John will tell you to always be skeptical. If you think you are receiving communication from the afterlife try to rule out all other explanations. If after a reasonable explanation doesn't cover it consider yourself fortunate, accept and acknowledge it. Souls love to be acknowledged :-)

Firm believer!
Feb '13

Oh how I wish I could see John Edwards ,

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Feb '13

Probably a bit of a side bar now, but when the John Edward show first came out I thought it was entertaining. But the more formula it became, the more the luster wore off. He talks a bit too fast, knows a bit too little, and takes a lot too much money for his efforts.

Good to know

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Feb '13

John Edwards is a joke. You have a dead female loved one. You lost a loved one grandparent or parent . No sh** Sherlock.that only covers 95 percent of the population. I hope there is something but would not base it on guys like that.

Since the conversation has shifted to John Edward I will say this; Friends of mine were on the show the end of last year. I'd only watched it a few times prior and thought the same as many of you, that he was too general, etc, and that people wanting to believe could 'bend' what he says to apply it to themselves because they wanted to believe. There was some pretty specific stuff that he pinpointed, enough to make the hair on my neck stand on end. This had to do with a car accident a long long time ago. He was right, down to who was in the accident, who survived, who else was supposed to be in the car, a birthday, and more. He covered a couple other things, all also correct. At the very least it was VERY interesting to watch :)

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Feb '13

Yes I have also been skeptical of these people but my mother went to a big function and they were all there and my aunt was picked to see Sylvia brown and my aunt last minute decided to let my mother get up , and Sylvia said that there was a young boy standing by her and a older woman who kept fiddling with her neck ,well my brother died when he was 5 and my grandmother could not stand anything around her neck , no one could have guessed that , I was never a fan of Sylvia but this made me think twice, nothing was said beforehand and it did not make sense until my aunt realized that my grandmother was always pulling things away from her neck , funny thing I am the same way can't stand things on my neck

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Feb '13

I do not believe in an afterlife. You die, you blink out. Return to the earth like so many fallen leaves. Also, you don't need to believe in an afterlife to be a good and moral person in the here and now. Otherwise, being "good" is disingenuous, just an attempt at paving the entry into a heaven of your choosing.

That's my belief. Others disagree and I wouldn't argue with them about it. Everyone is dealt a hand in life replete with troubles in need of some resolution. if this can be managed with something as harmless as belief in God or an afterlife, it's of no concern to me. Whatever gets you through the day.

eperot eperot
Feb '13

I have always believe I , to each his own , however just a thought for you , I have never looked for resolution , many many yrs ago I went to a garage sale with a friend , as we entered the bedroom I came to the closet , my friend was behind me , I froze , I litterally could not move an inch , I felt many emotions from a woman , she was sad , upset , angry about her things being sold ,finally when I was able to move I turned to my friend and she said let's get out of here , ,she felt a presence but not the emotions I felt from her , as we left I asked the woman who was selling the stuff if it was her house she said no my mother just died and I am selling her things , now me and my friend left and sat in the car and we both cried ,it was scary and upsetting ,we were out to go garage saleing for the day but we were to upset to continue and ended the day , we had no reason for this to occur , certainly was not looking for it but I can tell you 100% I will never ever forget what I felt that day

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Feb '13

"Also, you don't need to believe in an afterlife to be a good and moral person in the here and now." - eperot

+10

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '13

Of coarse , you still have to live with yourself

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Feb '13

I have seen John Edwards in person. It was back in 1996 maybe - way before his show. Fascinating.

Firefly Firefly
Feb '13

Heaven or hell.. That's the after life

S@hm
Feb '13

Could it be that if all your life you are told that there is a after life that you will beleve that there is when in fact there might not be only time will tell and you have to step over is the only way you will ever know

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Feb '13

What matters is one day everyone of us will find out ;) I happen to believe there is a Heaven and a Hell...I'm working on going to the former as I'm not a big fan of excessive heat :)

Garmin
Feb '13

So if that's the case , how can you account for things that happen

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Feb '13

By the way , I was not brought up to believe in the afterlife , nor was I brought up with religion, my mother was busy taking care of my sick brother , and I was not taught about these things , they have been my own experience

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Feb '13

Ive had several experiences but one inparticular that I could see no explanation for . It made me feel incredibly happy. Im not comfortable going into details but do appreciate others who are sharing theirs. As for posters who call it ridiculous its ridiculous to think you know it all.

jerseycash5
Feb '13

As John Edward ALWAYS says - "Its not my job to convince anyone". To believe or not to believe is a very personal decision. I was not brought up to believe or not but rather experience has proved to me many times what is without doubt waiting for us when the time is right and we cross over. I don't understand how some religions preach about heaven and yet there is still so much doubt.

Firm believer!
Feb '13

There is doubt because there is no tangible proof. Therefore, most believe out of pure faith of religion. If you don't subscribe to religion how can you believe?

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '13

Calico, It is very possible to believe without subscribing to a "Religion". In fact it may be easier. Lots of us subscribe to Something much higher than a religion and have complete trust, faith, and total acceptance of an after life.

Spring Fever
Feb '13

Spring Fever - yeah, that's pretty convient! No mass, tithes, wow you folks really have it figured out! You're no better than the fundies - you're just lazy.

I used to believe in Santa Claus too, and it's the same damn thing. Comforting. That's all.

theHHSinformant theHHSinformant
Feb '13

Calico, I concur with SpringFever's take on things...up to the "complete" part.

There is a lot of anecdotal and historical evidence out there on this subject. As far as beliefs go, some of the stories we are told (as well as the ones we tell ourselves) that we shape our beliefs on, are sometimes no more than social proof or propaganda.

It's a comforting thought to many, and can get them through hard times.

Guess we'll all find out soon enough.

In the meantime, I shall enjoy communing with the spirits...whether they are listening or not.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Feb '13

calico

the mystery of it is what is significant, those things happened to me just the way i stated,

have you ever experienced something that seemed quite incredible to you?

forget religion, god and the bible for a moment, you are right, without a personal exp to reflect on, it all seems like so much "ado about nothing", there is more to this existence than meets the eye, and sometmes in very personal and strange ways we get little glimpses of things that cannot be explained by science or rational thought.

keep asking your questions, the answers will come to you in time.

one day i hope to catch up wth you and your husband and share a couple beers,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Feb '13

I concur with jjmonth4's take on things... except for the last line. ; )

Spring Fever
Feb '13

Is it just me or is this basically the angel thread all over again? Same people commenting with the same beliefs...

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Feb '13

TheHHSinformant, I never said I didn't go to church. In fact I am very active in one.

What I said was, it doesn't take belief or faith in a "religion" to believe in an afterlife.
My belief in an afterlife took place before I became active in any church/ denomination. I read a lot that brought me to this conclusion and had a number of unexplainable things happen to me. A healing was one of them. I do not have anything to do with communicating with spirits though.

You seem very angry. I hope you get rid of that anger before it gets rid of you.

Spring Fever
Feb '13

theHHSinformant - so you don't believe in Santa Claus. Do you still celebrate Christmas?

Going to church does not make you a Christian anymore than going to McDonald's makes you a hamburger or standing in a garage makes you a mechanic.

The question posed by jerseycash was "Does anyone believe there is an afterlife and have you had an experience to make you feel that way ? it makes me think that if you don't that this question is not for you. Why would anyone think that their opinion is important or able to change a person's thought process? It is simply a belief that they have come to terms with. Not right - not wrong.

Firefly Firefly
Feb '13

Very well said firefly

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Feb '13

I don't believe in a heaven, hell or a god of any kind. I was raised strict catholic and finally grew up and learned to think for myself. My lack of belief stems from a belief that religion was created as a form of control. Fear can control the masses. We are always told not to sin or we would see hell. The thought of facing blackness and nothingness upon death is also a concept that most people can not live with. People need to think there is a purpose for them existing. Also, lack of religion does not make you a bad person. I have morals and a respect for life around me. I don't need a book that a bunch of other humans wrote telling me how to behave. That should be common knowledge.

However, just because I don't believe in a higher power doesn't mean I totally disqualify an afterlife of some sort. I am completely on the fence about it. I do think that our minds are extremely powerful and we are suceptible to the power of suggestion. There is so much we dont' know about how the brain functions that it wouldn't surprise me if we were the ones creating the apparations and experiences ourselves. Only time will tell.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Feb '13

"Only time will tell"

Trouble is, if there is no afterlife, we will never know that. If there is no afterlife. those who believe there is no afterlife, will never be able to say "I told you so", to those that do!

jd2,

How true, This is a questions that will never be answered for the living and may not be answered for the deceased either if there is no afterlife. If there is, thank your lucky stars, sit back and enjoy.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Feb '13

You're right. Jazzykatt.

My wife wants to know, if there is an afterlife, what there is to do there. Can you shop?

This is from the band Our Lady of Peace. I have always found it interesting.

Take death for example.
A great deal of our effort goes into avoiding it.
We make extraordinary efforts to delay it and often consider
its intrusion a tragic event.
Yet we'd find it hard to live without it.
Death gives meaning to our lives. It
gives importance and value to time.
Time would become meaningless if there were too much of it.
If death were indefinitely put off, the human psyche would end
up, well, like the gambler in the "Twilight Zone" episode.

When I was a young girl I had a friend who lived on the other side of a high fence from me , we were best friends , her relative was getting married and we had been talking , and were planning and very excited to go to this , well the day finally came and she came over to pick me up , and I said I can not go , she begged me , told me about the great food and how much fun we would have , I opened the door to look at my mother sitting on the couch and said I am sorry Cecilia I can't go my mother will miss me to much , well she left after still trying , and then it was a few hours later it was on the radio 2 cars filled with people on there way to a wedding killed by a semi , my mother almost fell over , sadly my friend , her father , sister and aunt , uncle and cousins died that sad day , rip my friends I still think about you

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Feb '13

Thank you for your story, Cowgirl1...This was your special Angel telling you not to go that day. I feel we all have Angels but we have to pay attention to them and allow them in our lives so they can guide us and keep us from harm.. God Bless..

joyful joyful
Feb '13

Yes , I just wish they could have heard there's , 7 people died that day

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Feb '13

Concetta Bertoldi has her 3 books for sale in the store across from Distinguished Dog. I believe that a woman named Barbara owns the store. Concetta had book signings there on 3 different occassions- 1 just recently. You all would love her books. Very easy reads and Concetta is just such a sweet person. All 3 books are for sale behind the counter. I believe that Concetta will be speaking again the beginning of April. I personally like her most recent book the best. So much info on the afterlife/reincarnation, etc...

just the facts maam just the facts maam
Feb '13

I hope there is something more and as we leave this life we move on th the next what ever that may be . but in this life when you step over its over . so I say to that leave this world and let your self be rememberd for the good you have done

Feb '13

agree with spring fever, an established bricks and mortar church is not necessary to be spiritual or to believe in something beyond this world.

there is something out there, it is just beyond our grasp, but sometimes, every once in a while we get little glimpses of it.

hard to reproduce in the lab, cannot get the rational skeptical ones to even listen , but sometimes, in their lives, they will get a little prompting, or nudging or something else happens that they cannot quite so easily explain away. it's those odd occurrences that i would love to discuss with them, build a bridge, forge the gap, open up the perspective.

you never know, it could happen,

just sayin'

and Caged; don't you already have your spirit wolf to offer you guidance in this area? what does he indicate to you?

the lord works in mysterious ways, (or so it says in the good book)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Feb '13

Amen, BrotherDog......"His Wonders to Perform".

joyful joyful
Feb '13

thank you joyful; and i agree with you; 'wonders to perform'

there is much more to this world that is unseen than is seen

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Feb '13

I recommend "embraced by the light" short and sweet book. truly inspiring - to those who believe - or don't (non-Biblical theology of NDE author Betty Eadie).

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Feb '13

There was a fascinating segment on Dr. Oz today about a young boy who at the age of 4 began telling accounts of a previous life. His details of his previous life of a relatively unknown actor was researched and found to be accurate. If you are up at 1 am tonite it will be on channel 9. It was the first segment of the show.

hapiest girl
May '15

Each person comes into existence at birth and disappears at death. The period in-between – one lifetime – is the sum total of existence - The End.

there is no reward or a better life awaiting us after death. Rather than embracing death, we should fight tooth and nail to continue to live, the same way that animals do. Only when death is inevitable should we quietly accept it.

skippy skippy
May '15

Everyone has their own beliefs, which should be respected. My belief and faith is quite different from skippy's, however I'm not disputing or questioning what another person believes in.

I know when it's my time that I will be in a better place. I have no factual evidence that heaven exists, but I don't need it..because I have faith and that's all I need and that's what keeps me going..

positive positive
May '15

Be good ... just in case it's true (-;

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

The After Life
I Don't know if it will be what we have been taught to think it is but I feel there is something there the body is back to the earth but the spirit moves on or repeats I will wait till it is my time to walk across that bridge on that day do I fear death not any more do I love life yes

May '15

When my kids asked me "what happens when you die?". I told them " remember what it felt like before you were born? That's what it is like " All I know is the only thing you know for sure is that you never know.

sallysimpson sallysimpson
May '15

I just read this whole post for the first time. I think this proves my statement that man is a spiritual being unlike other life. Where do you put your faith?

Old Gent Old Gent
May '15

I like that sallysimpson. Yes. There is absolutely an afterlife. No questions from me. I would love to get together with some of you nice people who believe to simply hear stories. Maybe at the park on Willow Grove sometime. I love to hear the stories as they are fascinating.

May '15

Thanks.... just the facts ...I agree , that would be cool to get together with these great people.

sallysimpson sallysimpson
May '15

When I was a teenager I didn't believe in any of this and refused to go to church with my parents because I though it was a bunch of crap. Then, right after my 17th birthday I was given a medication in the hospital after a minor surgery and had a BAD reaction to it and my blood pressure dropped and then my heart stopped. I was coded and they had to use those shocking paddles on me 3 times.

I won't go into it here, but I will say, what happened to me in those minutes I was "dead" changed EVERYTHING I thought and thought that I believed.

Yes, I say there is definitely an afterlife and there is a "God" or something in charge...

Heidi Heidi
May '15

When I was in my twenties I had a 'life at the brink of death' experience.. is what I like to call it because I did'nt actually die. I had an accident that totally ruptured my spleen > EMT's could not move me for three hours until they 'stabilized' me. I had lost so much blood I was literally on the 'brink of death'! I was finally moved to a hospital where they removed my spleen. I didn't regain conciousness until the next day. When my family told me I almost died (they actually brought my family in one by one to say goodbye because they weren't sure I would make it) I was so 'confused' at what they were telling me >> I could not grasp the idea that DEATH was at my door VS the Glorious experience I had just come from! I told them all had to be wrong because I had just come from an amazing place that I didn't want to leave. I Thought I had just come back from the most amazing & beautiful vacation>>> I was in the hospital for at least a week >> I was on alot of drugs because I had other injuries too. When I started coming off the drugs weeks later I started remembering the 'Dream' !!...the tunnel of bright white swirling 'water' that I was swept into, and a very large 'hand' that was reaching for me! My father had died three years before and he was a very BIG truck driver with BIG hands! I recognized the hand of my FATHER! But the hand was much deeper in the water than I could reach but I was so drawn to it! I looked past the hand and there were fields of 'glistening tree's and flowers that were 'allive'! I wanted to go there... through the water but it was just TOO DEEP!I did not see Jesus ...I did not see anyone....but I FELT overwhelmed with a very warm and comfortable PEACE that overcame me>>> like a very warm comfortable blanket and I was enveloped in such a Glorious & unconditional LOVE and was given a 'feeling' of FREEDOM!.....& That is all I remembered >>except for also having the feeling of an 'out of body' experience and a vision of looking down at myself from above a house >>I saw myself lying on the ground with people all around me when I was still on the Farm where the accident happened!.......BUT you see... After my father had died I was stricken with guilt that I had caused his death because I was such a 'troubled' & rebellious teen and had caused him and my Mom much GRIEF! I was so self absorbed and selfish & didn't spend enough time with my Family & hated my parents! I blamed myself for his death and for three years I cried everyday !!>>>there were days I did not want to live anymore!!....After the accident & my 'experience' ....I had no more guilt....I FELT an 'unconditional love' that the 'FATHER' has for ALL his children and was given the freedom or Absoluton is the Word I was given>>>to live my life without guilt and fear and the realization there is nothing we can do to take away that LOVE that he has for us as his children. No matter what we do ...he still loves us!... he will ALWAYS love us.......My Life changed so much after that! I became a 'caregiver' to everyone throughout my life!! >>>It is exactly 40's now from that 'accident' & I realize He IS waiting for us ALL>> He sent me back to tell that story to my kids and grandkids and everyone who will listen! When I remember that day I am filled with AWE and KNOW that it was real! There are days when I am so down and depressed and then I remember that day and I am filled with exhilaration and expectation of the LIFE to come! It is like 'drawing **water** from the 'well' to Quench my thirst! >>>OUR THIRST!! Believe me.... God IS there!

sha44ss sha44ss
May '15

Thank you, sha44ss....for sharing your story. I am also a believer as my Mother had a very similar experience and told the family after she recovered pretty much the same as you just did. Mother had no fear when she eventually did pass on as she knew what was waiting for her on the other side....when she experienced her vision...it was just not her time to go...

joyful joyful
May '15

sha44ss, thank you for sharing your experience.

Wow sha44ss has it been 40+ years already? Time goes by in a blink. You absolutely had God on your side that day my friend. I remember 2 things during that dreadful time. Number one, I have never in my life time witnessed such a transformation in a human being as far as faith and family, you were truly reborn. Number two, your jaws being wired shut and you had do drink your nutrition through a straw. The stuff we remember is crazy, right?

auntiel auntiel
May '15

that's an incredible experience that defies rational explanation Sha44s, but it has the ring of truth to it.

thanks for sharing with us, i hope the skeptics are listening and tuning in to the reality of your life altering experience.

there is much more to this life than meets the eye, thank you so much for posting.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
May '15

Thank you all for your stories which are so meaniful for me. This is such a nice thread. Please lets keep it going...Angels and all.

May '15

The stories stopped!"Too bad". Anyone have a story to tell? I was enjoying this thread. My latest story is about a dog named Joshua with an Angel face. A rescue stray picked up in Phila. Went from 1 rescue group to the next on account of the pricey surgery.All malnourished and turns out that the poor little dog had a hole in his heart that was just repaired at Red Bank. He also had a severe upper resperatory and was on IV for awhile. $6000 on the rescue workers credit card. But hes alive! Hes safe with the rescue group. I believe that he may be my dog Delilah coming back in spirit to visit with me. Kind of personal beyond that but did take my breath away.

May '15

About 12 or 13 years ago I had one of these experiences. I was thinking of my nanny (great-grandmother) after I had come across some old photos. I tend to write things down when something is on my mind so I decided to write her a letter. When I was done I stored it in a box that contained other things of importance to me. Right before I went to bed I turned on my sound sleeper to the rain sound setting, shut the door and got into bed. Immediately after laying down, the bedroom door open slowly. I assumed I didn't shut the door all the way and the cat pushed it open to come in. I sat up, no cat. The sound sleep started making this weird white noise sound, and I heard a woman's voice but couldn't make out what it was saying. The feeling of peace that came over me told me that it was my nanny and she was okay. Coincidence, maybe, but I felt so at peace. It was a feeling I have never felt before.

Well...I meant to respond to a few who left replies to my post >>> have been busy with visiting my Aunt who is on Hospice and will be going**HOME** soon! First of all....to auntiel who knows my story is one that truly happened to me. Yes...it is amazing the things we remember...but some we ''forget''. Earthly life has a way of zapping our Spirit sometimes, and we tend to believe that these bodies that are 'mortal flesh' are REALITY.... we mourn when the bodies of our love ones perish because we wont see them again for what we think is a long time.Because we are not 'perfect' like the man who God became (Jesus> our 'brother'aka 'the son of God) to show us 'the way, the Truth and the 'LIFE'....we doubt! We think Death is 'the end'. But all we have to do is BELIEVE that our Father loves us so much he wants us to be together with him Forever. All of us who are 'parents' & Truly LOVE ( with all our hearts & SOULS) ***LOVE** our Children **more than ourselves** can conceive that God would give us a way HOME! I KNOW there is a place that is waiting for us all...and I KNOW that God loves ALL his earthly children...ALL of them! HE will show his TRUTH to ALL of us each in his own time and his own way....maybe while we are on this earth or maybe it will be after we pass! It is not for us to JUDGE one another or ANYONE....only GOD knows the heart of 'everyman' (women and child) and IF we will CHOOSE to go HOME to our Fathers house or if we will reject him or deny him. That is the FREEDOM he has given us ALL! We look at the 'horror' of people who have died horrible deaths...(ike Children who are abused etc)....THEY are ONE with God as soon as they pass and have, and will remember NO more pain! I did NOT SEE Jesus in my 'experience' but I FELT the love and total ABSOLUTION that IS JESUS! If everyone on earth just loved GOD first, and LOVE their neighbors as much as they love themselves we would be living in the Garden of Eden already. That IS the Trinity> GOD the Father in Heaven -GOD the Son( who LOVES mankind enuf to die for our salvation & to show us the way to eternal life) and the SPIRIT (OUR spirit- Gods Spirit) that is breathed into ALL of us) We just have to OPEN OUR HEARTS & BELIEVE! ... I have another story to tell about my Mother's Funeral...but I have to go right now. But YES Brother Dog... it was an experience that defies explanation...but **everytime** I tell the story and the closer to 'my time' that I come... I have no fear and am actually exhilarated with a PEACE that I can't wait to experience forever.

sha44ss sha44ss
May '15

I had an experience when I was 8 and had just moved into the home that my parents had built out in Reading. In the middle of the night with the light streaming in my bedroom window, I sat up in bed for no reason and watched in front of me as my desk chair pulled out from under my little white desk and the drawer opened. I did NOT feel at peace (lol). I remember running from the room to my parents room.I was pretty darned shook up. Caught my breath after realizing that they were not going to be woken up for anything-especially a ghost story from an 8 year old kid. My stories now would fill a book...mostly spirit animals coming and going. Little energies by my feet at night as im bringing the dogs in at night. Tiny sounds. Very comforting.

May '15

My Husband had a very similar experience to sha44ss as well...it is also very hard from him to talk about it......but he knows there will be a very beautiful "place" waiting for him whe he dies.

More abstract than religion is "faith" in that we were placed here for a "reason" and the "reason" was noble. This world could be a beautiful slaughterhouse or a natural beautiful thing -- you be the judge and if you are feeling positive pick the later.

We have this choice... to create our own concept of what is next whatever you may believe. Ultimately each of us will have to face what is after this physical world and in the seconds and milliseconds before we expire.

Death is natural, do you know of anyone that has not died. Therefore, if it is natural then it should not be feared; you can not like it, as you probably should. What this means is that every day is precious. Enjoy something (even for 15 minutes) every day...

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.