2013 Town Wide Yard Sale Date? Hackettstown

Does anyone know if there has been a date picked for the 2013 Town wide yard sale in Hackettstown?

Thanks for any info!

mybluedaisies mybluedaisies
Jan '13

Normally it's the last weekend in April

Nosila Nosila
Jan '13

hopefully after the temp goes above 20

It's not been all that consistent over the years. In 2011 it was in mid-May. The committee generally won't set the exact date until February or even March. It's usually mid March when you get the flyer in the mail if you're a past participant.

Oh I thought it has always been last weekend in April

Nosila Nosila
Jan '13

The date this year is April 20 and 21. It changes every year because of the other events and holidays. (Easter...Mother's Day, Spring Festival, Town Clean up...etc

William Conforti William Conforti
Jan '13

Do you need to sign up to participate how does it work

Yardsalenewbie Yardsalenewbie
Feb '13

Here's the instructions from last year's sale -

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:WKHVVoIElPAJ:www.hackettstownbid.com/docs/hackettstowns-town-wide-yard-sale.pdf+hackettstown+committee+for+crime+prevention&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESje96YzGN5EXfbUVBwAjj4Bhw3TZomG85KpIWWKGUWCznEJChb8B0PMUmbImD8NjJhs-ct9eG30nyuDyVrIslVEyTykxpdo2rlI4ygxUQg87TZEK_MXPz_q6pWrsobq4RcUKjeB&sig=AHIEtbSY1Gdyu1GVnmu34Zm-CY3NMx52eQ

You do not need to sign up to hold your yard sale, there are no requirements in the town for registration. However, you must send in a $10 donation to the HCCP if you want to be listed on the map that is distributed around town. The money goes to teen nights and DARE programs so it's a good cause. There will be a mailer sent out to last year's participants that includes the PO box where the donations go. When that happens then send yours in and be listed on the map. If a copy of the letter, and instructions don't appear on the town's web site and/or the BID site, it'll get posted here.

So stay tuned as the time gets closer. ;-)

Is it possible to donate but not be listed on the map? I might only do it for one day and don't want people thinking it's both days.

Sunshine Sunshine
Feb '13

I've been on the map and only done one day or just the Sunday morning.
@GC, are you participating this year or is too far away to decide?

Bessie Bessie
Feb '13

Sunshine - First, I wouldn't worry so much about both days. Loads of people only do one day and are still listed. However, it's certainly OK to send a donation whether you're listed or not, or even if you're having a sale or not. They'll definitely be happy for it either way.

Bessie - I tried to PM you over the weekend, was thinking the same thing. Believe me, my mom's stuff is already accumulating in the garage. Definitely needing to get rid of that. PM me for more info.

The official flyer has been released and is now up on the town web site:

http://www.hackettstown.net/doc/2013-town-wide-yard-sale.doc

It doesn't seem like it, but we're just a bit over a month away from it now.

Thank you for the information!

Sunshine Sunshine
Mar '13

Does anyone know if you can drop off the money to be on the map? I forgot to mail and realize the deadline is tomorrow.

Sunshine Sunshine
Apr '13

Call the phone number listed and see. You'd have to do that pretty quickly.

I already tried the number but it just goes to an answering machine.

Sunshine Sunshine
Apr '13

There will be a HUGE "baby" yard sale with tons of clothing, shoes, jackets, hats & tons of other stuff at 128 Valentine Street in Hackettstown (Scotty G - Auto MD). Sizes will range from 0-12 months up to 6T size small - lots of high quality brand name stuff & it will be sold at a 90% discount! Sale will be Saturday April 20th & Sunday April 21st

Scotty G. Scotty G.
Apr '13

The maps for the Hackettstown Town Wide Yard Sale are now available at : Harpers, Leo's, Rico Pan, Municipal Bldg., Police Station and the BID office.
Also:
www.hackettstown.net
www.hackettstowbid.com.
Thank you one and all for participating.

William Conforti William Conforti
Apr '13

We are signed up on the map to have our sale Saturday & Sunday, however I was thinking maybe we will do Friday too, especially since it's supposed to rain on Saturday. What do you people think? Is Friday a good day to have a sale? Do a lot of people come on a workday and is anyone else having their's on Friday?

When I did Garage sales we always did better on Fridays. That's when dealers come out. I also did not so good during the townwide garage sale. I found most people already bought at other places by the time they got to me.

Christine Christine
Apr '13

If you are smart you will do Friday and advertise on craigslist and wrnj swapnshop.

jerseycash5
Apr '13

Anyone post a map yet?

jennifer-1
Apr '13

jennifer-1 - Look at the post above by "William Conforti". The links to the maps are there.

Wow, not many this year. Disappointing, but will hit the one's listed.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Apr '13

That's about 98. I think its pretty average.

Anyone know where Beech St is? The map is hard to see even magnified.

Christine Christine
Apr '13

I don't think 98 is all that bad at all. But you also have to figure there will be quite a few more sales than just listed on the map.

Christine - Beech is in Rustic Knolls

Thanks GC......

Christine Christine
Apr '13

I've got the total from last year as 104 and 102 in 2011. So yeah, 98 is not far off.

Does anyone else make their own map that shows things a bit better or is it just me?

Matt S Matt S
Apr '13

Maybe broken down on a list, it doesn't look like many. The street map is very hard to read.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Apr '13

Reminder - Maps are available here at the BID Office or you can go to the Town Website and Download a copy!

**DOWNLOAD YOUR HCCP 2013 TOWN WIDE YARD SALE MAP FROM THE LINK BELOW**

http://www.hackettstown.net/doc/twys.doc

Wendy @ Hkt Bid Wendy @ Hkt Bid
Apr '13

Got some nice things. Some houses on the list didn't have anything out. Guess they decided not to do it. Despite that, it was a good time. Thanks!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Apr '13

Botheredbyu: I was on the list but I cleaned up early on Saturday. It was so chilly that I was done by noon on Saturday. Made enough money that I decided I wasn't going to continue to freeze. Wonder how many other folks decided to clean up early? I never do Sunday's.

Nancy Nancy
Apr '13

I went to about 3 between 11 and 12 and there was nothing out. It was definitely breezy. Saw a few racks of clothes fall over.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Apr '13

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.