Bridal shower local places

I am looking for a local location to host my bridal shower. Any suggestions? Ideally it would have to be no more than half hour away from H-town.

Dolce_Vita Dolce_Vita
Jan '13

What is your budget?? that would help a lot

Nosila Nosila
Jan '13

I had my baby shower at the Pump house and it was awesome. I dont believe that is was overly expensive either. Food was awesome.

Momma
Jan '13

I'm curious as to why you are hosting your own shower?

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '13

That was going to be my question Calico. ;o

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Jan '13

More info is needed here: as the above poster said-what is your budget? Are you looking for a place that will serve their own food, or are you bringing yours in? How many people are going to be at the shower? Are you looking for a weekend during the day or is an evening a possibility? Your question is too vague to give you helpful advice. I'm also wondering about hosting your own shower. Typically, etiquette says that a shower is a gift given to you, not something that you throw for yourself.

lilac lilac
Jan '13

Mamas - they have 2 private rooms and food is excellent.

Natalie Natalie
Jan '13

Minebrook!

soooo meee
Jan '13

i sent you a private message.

darlughh darlughh
Jan '13

In my day, boy do I sound old, friends gave showers not the individual herself. And they were at someone's house not a restaurant. Things have gotten way out of control. This was true for both bridal and baby showers. And you only had one for your first baby and your first marriage.

observer2 observer2
Jan '13

There are a number of posts on the exact same subject from a while ago. All of those suggestions have pretty much not changed. Besides those already mentioned, any one of the fire houses/social halls like KofC/Legion/Moose/Elks will do it. So will Stella G's (at night), Mattars, or Black Forest Inn. Budget as well as number of people is a key question.

I don't like putting pressure on other people as many of us are living busy lives. I'm just booking a place and my mom is taking care financial part of it and the girls are doing decor and games. My budget is Btwn $30-50 per person.

Dolce_Vita Dolce_Vita
Jan '13

How many people?

Ah, that makes sense now. But again, a couple of questions: how many people? Do you want it in a restaurant setting, or do you want a hall and you find the caterer for food or do the food yourself? And does the $30-$50 includes all the ancillary costs-decorations, invitations, postage, favors, etc?

lilac lilac
Jan '13

No , decors and the rest are not included in this, about 30 people and it doesn't matter if its a restaurant or catering hall as long as they provide food.

Dolce_Vita Dolce_Vita
Jan '13

It sounds like convenience of having it all self-contained and a single vendor is the primary concern. Your budget will support that so going to KofC or the Legion and having a separate caterer to save $ may not make sense. Mama's, Minebrook, Mattars and Stella G's all do their own food, fit in the budget, and would be good choices.

Thnx a lot

Dolce_Vita Dolce_Vita
Jan '13

Davids Country Inn is nice too

"David'’s Country Inn is the perfect place to host your special event. Whether planning a small intimate gathering or a lavish celebration you and your guests deserve the elegance and exacting service we provide.

"Parties from 50-200 people

Smaller events can take place in our Garden and Formal rooms

We only cater to one event per day

Brunch Buffet, Cocktail Dinner and Dinner Reception menus are available upon request

Prices starting at $45.50 per person"

I went to another shower at Bello Giorno in Belvidere....very nice but in my experience the more casual the shower is the more fun people have.

Nosila Nosila
Jan '13

Don't know how soon you would be needing a facility for your event but another thought would be the new Hackettstown restaurant Bea McNalleys which should be opening very soon. When it was the Clarendon and also Charlie Browns..many baby and bridal showers were held there.

joyful joyful
Jan '13

Thanks for answering my question. Enjoy your shower and best wishes for your marriage.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '13

Highly recommend Mattars, they have great food and a really nice private room.

towny towny
Jan '13

Minebrook and they have really good food. Buffet style. Bar. Nice room and decor. Very friendly staff and reasonable prices. Ask for April (908) 979-0366

Helper
Jan '13

Dolce, Mamas is great but if youre looking for a lil bit fancier, Bello Giorno is OWNED & OPERATED BY the same owners as Mamas and is in your price range. They have a great & helpful website. Google Bello Giorno Belvidere NJ. :)

I'm having my wedding there :) they are sooo reasonable & accomodating!

Casey Casey
Jan '13

Casa Bella in Denville http://casabella46.com/index.html

La Dolce Vita in Wharton

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jan '13

Prickly Pear!

LVMomOfBoys LVMomOfBoys
Jan '13

Redwoods in Chester

depending on the time and day of the shower, there are a number of restaurants that will work with you if it's during their slow time.

nutty nutty
Jan '13

I had my daughters shower at the Redwoods and it was beautiful....and reasonable. The food was wonderful and the place is very upscale.....

bowie bowie
Jan '13

Dont mean to hijack your thread Dolce, but thought starting a new one would be redundant.

I need ideas as to what would be a good gift for the bridal shower wishing well. And should I wrap it?

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Feb '13

bothered, usually it's a kitchen utensil or something small. Could also be a household item (like cleaning supplies) or even a cook book. Typically it doesn't get wrapped. If the shower invitation said to bring something for the wishing well, usually the hosts have a basket or something for everything to go inside of.

Tracy Tracy
Feb '13

It said wishing well, so I assume they will have a "wishing well" there to put the stuff in. Just wasnt sure what to bring. Thanks for the great idea of a cookbook Tracy. Might just do that. ;) Groom is a chef. A person can use only so many spatulas. LOL!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Feb '13

Kitchen gadgets, spices, a recipe box with some of your own favorites is a recent one I saw. Another cute gift idea is the Candle Poem, I just did a basket for my cousin with the poem and the candles, she loved it and her friends were all writing down the poem so they could use it for the next shower they were attending. That might be a little much for a wishing well though.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '13

Best wishing well gift I received was a package of thank you notes. I used them to thank everyone that came :)

Antimony Antimony
Feb '13

La Dolce Vita in Wharton across the parking lot from Shoprite has closed it's doors. All signage has been removed from the building.

Re: Bridal shower  local places

La Dolce building is coming down.

@ Vic haven't been that way for a few weeks, I'm surprised they took it down, it was a relatively new building, used to be the car wash. I know the restaurant moved to Denville.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Apr '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.