Unsolved Murder In Blairstown!

Many of you may remember the actual event having taken place yet others may have never heard the story before. There is an unsolved murder where a young woman believed to be between the ages of 14 to 18 was found beaten to death and left in a cemetery in Blairstown. It's hard to believe but no family, friend, or neighbor ever stepped forward to claim knowing who this yong woman was. The townspeople of Blairstown came together and dubbed the young woman "Princess Doe" The case was most recently seen on CNN and as well as America's Most Wanted. Although the events took place on July 15th 1982 over 30 years ago the case is still being worked on. A woman by the name of Christie Leigh Napurano who is from Blairstown herself was so saddened by the case that she decided she would give attention to the story by writing a book about it. The book is a fictional account of what could have happened to this young woman, where she came from, and why. The hope is that this story continues to get the attention it deserves and doesnt go away until its solved. Christie Napurano as well as Lt Stephen Speirs who is the actual officer who was on the case and still works it will be holding an event at the Blairstown library (Catherine Dixon Hofman branch) 4 lambert Rd Blairstown on Sat Jan 12th 1pm. If you will be unable to make it a repeat event will be held at the Northeast Branch of the library 40 Rt 46 in Htown (the old BESTS location) on Sat Jan 19th at 1pm. They will be speaking about the actual info from the case, answering questions, and the author will sign copies of the book "The Untold Story Of Princess Doe" for those who are interested. If you are unable to make this date there will be a repeat event held on Sat Jan 19th. Please speak about this on Forum, come and show support to either event and bring a friend.

Princess Doe Story Princess Doe Story
Jan '13

Forgot to mention that there is a website for anyone interested in taking a look it speaks more about the case www.whoisprincessdoe.com

Jan '13

is there a reservation needed? Is this a free event? Do you have to purchase the book to attend?

JessM. JessM.
Jan '13

This event is FREE and open to the public and there is no reservation needed. Books will be there for purchase and author signature for anyone who wishes to do so but is not required to enter.

Jan '13

I wonder if the killer will show up....

ianimal ianimal
Jan '13

Spoke to WNTI at Centenary as well as WRNJ and BOTH are putting interviews on the air for those wishing to learn more about the story. So far all I know is that WNTI will air the interview on Sunday the 13th.

Jan '13

Awesome, thanks!

JessMphone JessMphone
Jan '13

Princess Doe Likely From Arizona, Spent Time in Long Island Area

"New tests performed on hair and tooth samples taken from the body of Princess Doe, the unidentified young woman found beaten to death in a New Jersey cemetery in 1982, suggest she spent time in the Long Island area prior to her death and was likely originally from Arizona."

http://archive.longislandpress.com/2012/09/24/tests-confirm-princess-doe-from-arizona-lived-on-long-island-2/

I've always been interested in this story. I already have the book, can I bring it to be signed?

grapes grapes
Jan '13

YES you can certainly bring a copy you already own!! True, this is a book signing but you do not have to buy a book to attend and hear about the story or ask the author or police officer questions about the case.

Jan '13

Is this still going on today? Does the presentation start at one or is the book signing first?

JessMphone JessMphone
Jan '13

I read the book, really got into it.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jan '13

book signing at the Northeast branch of the library was great! More appearances to come and the library has asked that the author and officer come back again in a few months with more current info about the case. It was interesting to hear that due to appearances people have come forward with more info.

Jan '13

I went out of my way to visit the gravesite this morning, on the occasion of this being 32 years to the day of her being found along the Paulinskill River.

My compliments to whoever has been maintaining the site, it looks very nice.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

That was very nice of you Andy. :)

positive positive
Jul '14

I know the Bible teaches us to do good things in secret, to not go bragging to the world "see how good and wonderful I am" but I just wanted to bring this story back to people's attention in hopes that others would also care.

From all I've read, they are pretty close to solving this case as far as who the killer is, but they still have no idea regarding the girl's identity.

One thing that has stuck with me since I first read it, was when someone wrote "nobody says 'I want to be a prostitute when I grow up." Assuming this is the wrong path this victim chose, we have to show compassion, because anybody who goes down that road must have been desperate and in a living hell to begin with.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

Such a sad story. How could nobody be missing this poor girl all these years?

Andy - Your last post brought to mind this Randy Travis son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP8lCapcqwM

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

Andy you come across as a very compassionate person.

Wouldn't it be amazing indeed if the case were solved after all these years!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

This is the first I have heard of this story. I hope they find out who this person is and who killed her. Where is her family? This is where you miss America's Most Wanted and Unsolved Mysteries being on the air. This would have been solved by now if thos e shows were still on.

Singlemaleinnj Singlemaleinnj
Jul '14

Nice song by Randy Travis. I'd never heard it before. Gotta start listening to more country music :-)

Know who told me, 4O years ago, that he was a big fan of country music? None other than Boog Powell of the Baltimore Orioles. His quote was "People should appreciate it, because the songs all tell a story, and it's the music of our land."

My career as a sportswriter has given me plenty of opportunities to be a name dropper.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

One of the many things Christie Napurano did well in her book was depict how a nice girl in a middle to upper class home can completely lose her family. There, but for the Grace of God, go we.

Sadly, once you get tangled in the web of prostitution, there is no going back to a normal life. Young girls like Julianne Martell (the name she gave Princess Doe in the book) do not realize that ... she thought she could make enough money to get her own apartment and start life over ... tragically, this story has happened many, many times.

By the way, name dropper that I am, I know Lt. Speirs because he is the Hackettstown High School field hockey coach, and I've known Christie Napurano for over a decade because she used to write stories about North Warren wrestling matches for me when she was a high school student.

Yes, this story actually has a local sports connection.

So proud to see what Christie has accomplished as a writer, as if I was a parent, for goodness sake. Her teachers at North Warren and Syracuse University must be proud, too.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

We had moved to Blairstown a few years before. I can remember seeing the reporters at the cemetary on tv. I was very young. It was big news at the time.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Jul '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.