Who Hates Snow?

A thread for those that dislike snow as much as others love it.

snow is pointless

I am sure all those on the love snow thread will move on over here if they lose power out of this .

Glad you did it CR......If I did I would probably get bashed. ;p

Not a snow fan. I love the cold but not the snow.

Christine Christine
Nov '12

I start hating snow Jan 1st thru Nov. 30th. Does that qualify as a snow hater?

Spring Fever
Nov '12

I'll join this club. I was hoping to not be around for it the last 2 years and winter decided to come early.

M & K M & K
Nov '12

I love the first or even the second snowfall and really don't mind the cold weather...but when we get a lot of snow and ice and bad weather conditions......No thank you!!!

joyful joyful
Nov '12

I am ready for Florida!! 40 years of snow I am done. I would come and visit but I dont want to live in this weather anymore.

Just Asking Just Asking
Nov '12

I hate it. My toddler loves it. I can't win.

Antimony Antimony
Nov '12

I dislike the snow only because of my commute to work...If I could work from home, there would be a completely different spin on it from me. Unfortunately, I don't have the option to work from home and can't take off every time it snows or threatens to snow. See you over on the I love snow thread.

Bessie Bessie
Nov '12

I have a question for the snow haters. Why? Why do you hate snow?? I've always been curious.

auntiel
Nov '12

Bessie you just made me smile. I love both your posts!

Christine Christine
Nov '12

I hate snow..... everything about it. Why?? It's a cold, wet mess to walk in. Only lookls nice when it first falls. Once it piles up on the sides of the road covered in gravel, dirt, and salt it looks horrible. Turns to ice. Driving in it sucks. Shoveling ~ Good exercise maybe, but after an hour not much fun. Especially if it's a big snowfall and you have to do it multiple times. I can handle the cold weather, just no snow!!! and when it starts in October and doesn't end until March it's just too much!

It is such a burden!!! The effort to clear it, get the vehicles out; fear of falling is a terrible part of it.(not just snow, but ice) and since moving here I can appreciate the beauty of the area but the snow makes me anxious, falling is a terrible worry and the soreness and effort and work in dealing with it...After Sandy I am probably more weary than usual...but very unahappy right now!!

gardens gardens
Nov '12

Put me on the hate winter alltogether list. Snow , ice and heating bills bah humbug.

jerseycash5
Nov '12

And dont forget dark at 5 oclock !

jerseycash5
Nov '12

Snow like we had today is OK, actually boosted my Christmas spirit, but if it's the only snow we get all year, that would be fine with me.

It makes driving hazardous. Enough said.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Nov '12

Pain in the a$$...

Coach Coach
Nov '12

I absolutely hate it. Cold, slippery, dangerous to walk/drive, too much work/cost to remove from driveways and streets, awful when you loose power and it is snowing also like last year, aches and pains after shoveling or blowing, school closings, extra warm clothing and boots etc. I could go on but we all know the downside of snow. Give me sun, a light breeze, summer rain, longer days, Spring Festival - then I am happy.

I hate it because I hate dealing with the crazies on the road. I saw a young girl who had wrapped her truck around a tree due to a sharp turn and slick roads (She was okay I checked with her). Snow is great to look at if you do not have to go anywhere. Unfortunately if you live or work in an area where they take forever to plow it drives my anxiety through the roof like today. I have realized as a child snow is fun and you love seeing it, as an adult I just dislike it.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Nov '12

Hate's a pretty strong word.

No, I don't hate snow, but it has to be cold for it to snow and it's the cold that I don't like at all. So I guess by extension I have an extreme dislike of snow ;-)

(just helping to even the score lol)

justintime justintime
Nov '12

Pretty much everything JRT said.

Antimony Antimony
Nov '12

Snow once saved the life of my great-grandaunt (my great-granduncle was a violent drunk hell bent on doing her harm... but that's a tale for another day). This thread is offensive to anyone who ever had a loved one saved by heavy snowfall and cold temperatures. Moderators... this insensitive and hurtful thread must be taken down AT ONCE!!!! What a sad, sad world we live in....

ianimal ianimal
Nov '12

Thanks for all your answers. You made me laugh to tears. Myself, I like it to start Dec 21 until Valentines day ONLY!!. February 15 should be 85-90 degrees and all the beaches open. The snow is ok, the cold and ice is what I dislike.

auntiel
Nov '12

Coach - every since I moved here....nothing but trouble...not like in Nutley

Steve-0 Steve-0
Dec '12

I love snow, just not 5 feet at one time! Hannah, my 4 legged best friend loves it. She rolls, pushes thru like a speeding train, throws it up with her snout. I can see how happy she is and that makes me happy.
At times she looks like she is sparkly, frosted her coat and face all out of place, but one shake and she looks perfectly groomed again.
I do hate ice, esp driving in it. I try not to drive in it unless there is no choice. I am petrified ever since I fishtailed thru 3 lanes on Rt 80 with traffic. I knew I would be hit, I put myself "in God's hands" and swerved back untouched back to the middle lane. True story.

susan susan
Dec '12

Nonstop shoveling and shoveling and shoveling. I HATE SNOW BECAUSE OF ALL THE CONSTANT WORK!!! Once my dad realized he can make me work with him in the snow also, that's where I drew the line. As the only boy in the family, I have to work with my dad all the time, AND I HATE IT!!!!! You'd think shoveling snow would be fun a little bit? Not by a damn longshot. And what's worse, we have to get rid of the ice as well. Snow brings nothing but trouble. TROUBLE!!!!!

Since "who loves snow" was up and running, I thought it only fair for the opposite - Who Hates Snow, to be up and running. Me, Me, Me. No point, stressful, awful - bring on SPRING.

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Waiting for the tulips!!!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Feb '13

Snow, Snow go Away, and DON'T Come Back Another Day!!! Actually the falling Snow is very pretty, and I don't actually Hate the Snow. What I Hate is the problems, accidents, lost work/possibly lost wages, etc. that it very often causes.

MrsPipes MrsPipes
Feb '13

Hate snow along with January & February.

PREDATOR PREDATOR
Feb '13

Lovin it because I get to leave work early.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '13

Hating it because it kills my business. The 2 busiest days of the week that are busy and it snows and I lose money.......ugg

Christine Christine
Feb '13

Re: Who Hates Snow?

It's going to be one of those winters....

Don't feel bad Christine. Snow plowers, auto body shops and Shop Rite did well.

jerseycash5
Dec '13

omg Bonv - that is a riot

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '13

The people who love it most likely don't have to move it....

Coach Coach
Dec '13

Steve-O...everyone knows it doesn't snow in Nutley...jeez....

Coach Coach
Dec '13

Bonv - Hmm. Interesting knives. Anyone got dibs on the third one from the right? May not be a Kyocera but looks precision cut stainless chef Swiss craftsmen. ;-)

jerseycash5 - Shoprite was dead today, yet oldman with 37+ different aliases still complains. (?!!!?)

Coach - Love it. Moved cubic yards+ of it today. See the snow lovers thread and move to the dark side of the Force. ;-)

ROFLMAO Bonv! Love it!

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '13

This year is the first I can say I hate it.. Up till now it has been a year by year growing dislike.

Looks pretty, but other then that, HATE IT!!

botheredbyuu
Dec '13

Hate it even more now.

Christine Christine
Dec '13

Hate it. Immensely. Currently, the school being cancelled is really messing up my ability to get a zillion errands done while my daughter is in school for 2.5 hours.

Antimony Antimony
Dec '13

Top 5 Reasons to Hate Winter :-)ļ

5. Crappier drivers. Your everyday, run-of-the-mill, crappy drivers become serious life-threatening hazards in the winter. They can't see through the condensation on their windshields and have no idea how to drive in rain and snow. They should give tests at the DMV for a winter driver's license. If you don't have one, you can't drive again until the flowers start popping up again.

4. News stories about how busy the grocery stores are. I don¡¦t care if they are selling milk like crazy. I don¡¦t have stock in milk. Who has stock in milk???

3. Adults wearing those animal HITTS (hat/mittens combined). There is no way you should be wearing an animal hat with paw mittens attached. If you are wearing these out in public, there is a 99.9% chance you will forever be alone. Get it together people! Donate your HITTS to children, I repeat, CHILDREN who need them!

2. Snow Armageddon headlines with forecasts that change every morning and every night. Which is it - 2 inches of snow or 12???

1. Bitchier people. Your everyday, run-of-the-mill, bitchy people become hyper-bitchy in the winter. Whining and complaining about all of the things on the list above and then some.

Wow Bonv - I'm afraid to ask.... do you hate snow or people in general? :)

botheredbyuu
Jan '14

Just snow - as of right now :-)

Not very fond of it this time around :(

Half Way There Half Way There
Jan '14

I used to love snow. I used to have a snowmobile and lived for snow days. Now I'm a big snow chicken.

I have three horses one of who completely lives for snow though. We will plow paths so she can easily walk to her fields and she will jump right over the paths and into the banks. A few years ago I saw her take a five foot bank which she could have easily walked around.

To each their own….

Karen

Karen Karen
Jan '14

This is why I'm in the "I hate snow" camp. In reality, I kind of like the snow, after the inconvenience part of it is over. It is pretty, and I like seeing the ground snow covered, once all the clean up is done. But inevitably, just a few days later the temps go up, we get a soaking rain, and boom, all gone. Leaving behind a wet, muddy, soggy, disgusting sight. Oh, and then it starts all over again! With the inconvenient part. Boo.

Tracy Tracy
Jan '14

Ok, thought it was time to bring this back!! I have been quiet about the snow this Winter. Trying to complain less and just "go with it." Although I must admit my lack of complaining was partially due to the fact that every snowfall melted away within days due to warm temps. I didn't want to hear the typical comments of "You live in Jersey, what do you expect" or "Just move south if you don't like Winter" but as of this moment I AM DONE WITH WINTER!!!!! I HATE THE F*%&*%# SNOW!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING!!!! THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!!! IT IS TOO COLD!!!
Okay, well that made me feel a little better:)
Seriously this sh*% really messes everything up! The roads suck, events cancelled, can't walk since sidewalks will be a mess until it melts in some areas, shoveling (again, and again, etc...)
Whew! guess I wasn't done with the complaints Ha!ha!

JRT - right there with you!

Coralie Coralie
Jan '14

actually I don't hate snow (being retired and all ) but this is pretty cute

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '14

Thanks for the giggle 5Cat

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jan '14

I'm over it! Looking forward to spring and 80 degrees!!

Hate hate hate

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Jan '14

Normally, I don't really mind the winter. But this winter, I am done with it! +1 5catmom!

Aquarius Aquarius
Jan '14

Enough already!

I say all of us snow haters move to Florida! It may be a little chiller then usual down there, but it AINT snowing. :)

botheredbyuu
Feb '14

I did love snow..not so much now..Am officially becoming a member of the snow haters club!

reedfamilyrocks reedfamilyrocks
Feb '14

I want to become a bear - wake me when its Spring! HATE, HATE WINTER!! BTW Florida has been very nice 70's & 80's . . . . that's a heat wave IMO.

luvlife
Feb '14

Spring hurry up - can't stand this anymore. This winter is really one to complain about. Sub- freezing temps, ice, snow and high energy bills, enough already. Calgon take me away!

justwondering justwondering
Feb '14

I just wanted to let all you snow haters know that snow dislikes you just as much!!!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '14

Calgon is sodium hexametaphosphate. It won't melt ice, but it's a great deflocculant if you're doing a particle size hydrometer analysis (-;

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Feb '14

FYI current running 168 - 62 posts lovers/haters your LOOSING!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '14

For you who love snow, on Friday, I will have a driveway full and you are all welcomed to come over and take some. Any takers?

justwondering justwondering
Feb '14

@Darrin - Keep that up and you'll see a "CVS Lovers" thread. :-)

emaxxman emaxxman
Feb '14

I hate CVS. Very pricey. Really!

botheredbyuu
Feb '14

The snow lovers need to stay on their own thread. :P

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '14

From the source of Ukrainian men in tutus?? We will when you will Calico. ;-)

In the mean time, "pilot to bombardier: drop the snow bomb..."

Hate winter and snow so much we sold the house up there and stay in FL full-time now, we just go north for visits when it gets nicer. It's low eighties in Hobe Sound today and we were to the beach for awhile. The naysayers will chime in about how hot it gets here, inland that's true but close to the coast its beautiful, was actually hotter in NJ last summer when we were up then down here.

Oldtownie
Feb '14

Oldtownie....I hear you loud and clear. We will be moving back to FL soon. Plans are in motion....I'm 100% positive we'll be back there by this Fall. We lived in Central FL for 8 years - you get used to the heat very easily (unless you work outdoors in July/August)

you guys just can't HANDEL the snow!!!!! HAHAHAHA

I am just adding posts to try to give you guys some help, seems like you are far outweighed by the snow lovers!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '14

Florida is as desirable as a 3rd world country. People kill their kids, go partying after and get away with it (Anthony), people form night watches and kill young children (Trayvon), people shoot and kill people for throwing pop corn at them in the theatre.... And then there's always this guy....

http://www.barstoolsports.com/m/boston/super-page/does-this-look-like-the-face-of-a-dude-who-burned-down-his-apartment-complex-because-they-told-him-to-stop-masturbating-in-front-of-his-window/

I tried to get to Savannah GA for my daughter's wedding today. All flights were canceled through Charlotte so I missed it. As we went back and forth with calls and emails, and we knew I wouldn't be there, I emailed her a poem to take the sting out of it:

Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
Today is your wedding and I love you.
I wanted to be there to share your big day, but alak and alas, the weather said nay. I tried and I tried to reschedule my flight but US AIR would not hear my plight.
I stayed on hold for hours and hours, then went to facebook to vent my disaster...
And lo and behold, at 5:30 this morning, a customer service rep answered my dialing!
No problem she said, we'll cancel your flight. You can expect a refund, but not by tonight.
So now I am home stuck in New Jersey, and if the weather doesn't change, I'll surely go crazy!
My nails are broken from shoveling snow - that pisses me off, don't you know!

There was more to it, pertaining to her, but I think the above sums up my feelings for this winter.

Denise Denise
Feb '14

WTF..... Really?? Have you ever been to a third world country - I mean really been to areas where children are starving and plagued by disease? Have you ever lent your craft to help, even if it seems like you couldn't possibly make a difference? I have. Florida is most certainly not a 3rd world country,

Denise,

I'm so sorry you missed your daughters big day :(

While this snow is a nuisance to me, it's definitely not heart breaking.

Hope you will get to celebrate with your daughter and new son in law soon.

Tw... Not a 100% sure, but I think WTF is joking.

What?! What?!
Feb '14

You know, he may have been. I apologize if I didn't see the humor. Sometimes when you have a serious day your mind goes to a serious place.

Hope everyone stays safe.

If a 3rd world country is determined by wether or not there are "starving children " among its inhabitants, then the good ole US of A should fall under that category.

http://m.feedingamerica.org/hunger-in-america/hunger-facts/child-hunger-facts.aspx

What?! What?!
Feb '14

I hope this is the last snow of the year!

Grumpy Cat hates everything! ;-)

Grumpy Cat finally smiles http://youtu.be/WqPm8QA-hSA

5catmom 5catmom
Feb '14

You know the old saying, WTF, what's the use in being a moron unless you can show it. How true.

Oldtownie
Feb '14

Wish I was on a beach somewhere with a dring with an umbrella in it!!! UGH.

Love to Sing Love to Sing
Feb '14

I meant drink

Love to Sing Love to Sing
Feb '14

Love to Sing - LOL At this point I would even take a drinG instead of a drinK if it meant being at the beach. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '14

I will take the drink but it must be served by a cabana boy.

Christine Christine
Feb '14

Christine - Your cabana boys in tutus are waiting for you on the Snow Lovers thread. ;-)

Prepping for shoveling later today.

This says it all.......

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '14

@#$%&! snow!

This sums it up for me

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '14

I usually love snow and winter. I would never consider moving to a warmer state.
This winter I have had enough, I have reached my limit. I do believe a lot of the problem is due to the ice situations we have had.
My dog loves snow, more so "powder", she rolls, puts her 4 legs up and it is a picture of sheer joy. She will tunnel her way thru and just have a blast. That puts a smile on my face to see how happy she is.
She is one determined Cairn Terrier!

susan susan
Feb '14

Brendan's sculptures are the only thing that I look forward to with all this snow.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '14

This one includes the artist himself.

Visit his FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schaffer-Art-Studios/431012103618198

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '14

Just heard on CBS this morning...30 something days till spring technically begins...I Can Not Freakin Wait!!!

Lauren Lauren
Feb '14

Does anyone think it's too late to put a hit out on Punxsutawney Phil for predicting 6 more weeks of WINTER??????

4paws 4paws
Feb '14

Lauren, I am 100% with you! It is just ridiculous to have this much snow/ice. I can't even speak about the forecast that says there is more coming...

The next few weeks are going to be really difficult with all of the melting, re-freezing and flooding.

I do 4 Paws

Old Gent Old Gent
Feb '14

Was gone since Thursday morning. Just got home. My driveway is 2 feet of ice. Tempted to build a fire over the ice to melt it. Haha

Fuji
Feb '14

HELLO? Snow haters where are you? Im busting snow lovers and snow haters are leaving me hanging. LOL! Over a foot coming Monday. HATE IT!

botheredbyuu
Feb '14

Wow, guess you all jumped ship and became snow lovers.

botheredbyuu
Feb '14

My hate has turned to loathing at this point.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '14

I love snow..........i hate shoveling it and needing to travel in it.

optimizer
Feb '14

Well, there will REALLY be no where to park after this, but at least the piles of dog crap will be covered over temporarily until the new ones get left.

Tracy Tracy
Feb '14

Whoo hoo, NO SNOW! Take that snow lovers! Lol

botheredbyuu
Mar '14

Agreed bbu !!!!

Missrx Missrx
Mar '14

I don't mind it, I do snow removal, it's great money, but I much prefer nice warm weather. There's nothing I love more than spring in full swing.

Penningslandscaping Penningslandscaping
Mar '14

I wonder how many "converts" we'll get after this year ;-)

justintime justintime
Mar '14

Justintime-I bet A LOT!

botheredbyuu
Mar '14

This winter is just a glimmer or whats to come, I am praying for winter twice as bad!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '14

HATE IT!

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Nov '14

I agree 100%, Bothered!!

MO H'town MO H'town
Nov '14

My 4 year old daughter came inside after playing in the snow and said "I've had enough of these winters. i'm sick of these winters Elsa keeps causing." I told her the best is yet to come but I think we might already have a snow hater on our hands. Personally, I could take it or leave it. It bothers me when it piles up and gets in the way but it's fun to play in.

jrsemom jrsemom
Nov '14

Yuck !!!' I hate being trapped inside on a saturday esp when I work at home all week and don't see anyone !!!!

Missrx Missrx
Jan '15

I look out the window and all I see is work - pretty but work.

Hate it! Pretty, but a nuisance. Ugh!

Jan '15

UGG !!!! SNOW!!!!!!!

Christine Christine
Jan '15

Don't exactly hate the Snow; but sure dislike immensely the problems it causes such as poor driving conditions, accidents, people injured, lost work, cancellations and more.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Jan '15

This is our LAST winter in NJ, next year we will be in FLA .......RETIRED!!.....counting the days till June 30......

TominWashington TominWashington
Jan '15

Mrs Pipes - Yes, I agree with that. Hate is such a strong word, LOL (even for snow)

Jan '15

Good for you @Tom !

Just really wanted a normal work week this week. I'm hourly per diem, so if the office closes, we don't work, and don't get paid. Snow is not so fun for everyone.

Tracy Tracy
Jan '15

Learn to ski and you will look forward to this storm

I hear ya Tracy. Same with me. No work, no pay.

Rez-HATE SKIING! Cold, wet....... UUUUUGGGGGHHH! LOL

Jan '15

Office closed at 2pm today too, so missed half of today's pay as well as most likely all of tomorrow's. Not all fun and games when you have a toddler, a new baby on the way and a new house waiting to close and the other waiting to rent.

Tracy Tracy
Jan '15

Congrats Tracy! Didnt know you were expecting. And a new house. Wow, you are busy. LOL!! Just wanted to say again I HATE SNOW!

Feb '15

Forget snow - who hates ice?!

I hate it all...anything under 60 degrees and wet lol

I hate Snow on Mondays, I love snow on my day off

TinkoDinko TinkoDinko
Feb '15

+10000 JRT

Feb '15

72 and beautiful down here in Hobe Sound today - 74 tomorrow. Planning to turn on the pool heater in about 2 weeks. The old H'town house is covered in ice and snow. Gives me the creeps just thinking about it, we'll be up in April, should be much nicer by then.

ExTownie
Feb '15

WHOO HOO now they saying its going to be "much of nuttin"

Feb '15

It's time to bring this thread back. What I hate most about snow is all of the work - shoveling, salting, flooding, icing.... I would like it, maybe even love it, otherwise.

Back breaking work and if you want to hire someone it costs a mint!

Christine Christine
Jan '16

What are people charging?

I don't mind going out to blow/shovel once.... maybe twice.... but THREE times makes it too big a snowfall to enjoy for me...at least while it's happening. I can't relax, have a drink, make chili, start a fire, etc... until I'm DONE outside for the day. So I don't really get to enjoy the snow while it's falling on storms this large.

18" would have been just fine.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jan '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.