Who Loves Snow??

ME!! YEAH!!!! Snow Lovers unite once again! ***WARNING: If you dislike snow, leave now.. you won't like what you read.. start a snow haters page.. END OF WARNING*** WOO HOOO!!! I wish it would snow for days so i can stay home and hang out with my kids and drink cocoa.. :) I Love it!

darlughh darlughh
Nov '12

Snow Sucks !

PREDATOR PREDATOR
Nov '12

Love snow but when I'm at home with the firing burning, and a big blanket

Nosila Nosila
Nov '12

I love it too, darlughh!

Lori... since '73 Lori... since '73
Nov '12

It's so beautiful outside right now!

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '12

My great-granduncle died in the snow. This thread is offensive to anyone who ever lost a loved one to a snow-related incident. Moderators... this insensitive and hurtful thread must be taken down AT ONCE!!!! What a sad, sad world we live in....

ianimal ianimal
Nov '12

Big snow fan here!

tfulp tfulp
Nov '12

I like the snow today because I'm not at work and don't have to drive in it during rush hour. :)

AliciaStill AliciaStill
Nov '12

I actually do like snow a lot.. Just hate driving in it, having classes cancelled due to it and having to plow my lane.

but to play in it, take snowshoe walks and enjoy the snow itself for being snow, yes

I dont care for it, but its ok if I'm doing what Nosila said. :)

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Nov '12

it is !

darlughh darlughh
Nov '12

I like snow. I just hate having to travel in it. If I could stay home every time it snowed, it could snow all year for all I care. :-)

Aquarius Aquarius
Nov '12

Count me in!!!

Re: Who Loves Snow??

Me me me I LOVE snow!!

Iggles J. Snoots Iggles J. Snoots
Nov '12

i love it today :)

icicle icicle
Nov '12

Confirmed snow lover.

ianimal: Sometimes you make laugh out loud! Not always, for sure, but sometimes.

Iggles, what a great snapshot...such JOY.

Chickadee Chickadee
Nov '12

Iggles: Were you walking with Mom around 2:00 yesterday near Russling Rd heading toward 46? If not, you have a twin.

Love it!

abbadabbadoooo abbadabbadoooo
Nov '12

I must have a twin! I wasn't walking near there, cbel. We stay in our driveway or the woods usually, don't walk on the roads. I want to meet the doggy that looks like me!!

Iggles J. Snoots Iggles J. Snoots
Nov '12

LOVE.LOVE. LOVE IT!!!!!!! wish I could be out in Colorado...if it's gonna be cold, then it should be snowing!!! :o) <3

scoop scoop
Nov '12

Like snow alot. its a change of pace. People act different when it snow, some for the better some for the worse. but at least they are acting different, people are so dam boreing sometimes.

While I don't love snow, Monday to Friday, I have to say..snow on the weekend is another story. It really is beautiful when you drive down Waterloo Road or anywhere there are trees and streams. My favorite time when it snow is when you first walk out into it and everything is so quiet and white and crisp..For some reason, it evokes so many childhood memories for me.

Bessie Bessie
Nov '12

LOVE it!!!!

Ginger Ginger
Nov '12

Bessie, that's a nice image. I just posted in the snow haters thread about how terrible it is, but I agree for a brief moment I can enjoy the beauty as you described. Unfortunately, I am quickly snapped back into reality when images of the clean up start flooding my brain lol!

I hear you JRT...not a fan of the clean up & fear of falling, but for me, it's hard to disregard the sheer beauty of it.

Bessie Bessie
Nov '12

Love snow, but hate people who panic when it comes to driving in it. It's NJ and if you don't know how to drive in the snow then either don't drive or move somewhere where it doesn't snow.

Dolce_Vita Dolce_Vita
Nov '12

For the winter lovers out there:

Winter speaks
to the surfeited heart,
weary of heat
and weeds
and leaves,
longing to breathe
cold, bracing air,
explore the hillsides
swept and bare;
to revel each bush,
each tree
stripped to stark
simplicity;
original etchings
everywhere-
and You,
who etched them,
with me there.

-Ruth Bell Graham

gadfly gadfly
Nov '12

Count me in! I LOVE snow! I love looking up close at snowflakes and appreciating their unique beauty. I love watching the snow fall gracefully and blanketing the ground. And after the storm, snow glistening in the sun is just breathtaking . Natures glitter :) *********

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Nov '12

I love snow. If it is going to be cold and grey..and the plants and trees etc. are sleeping. Let's cover them with a beautiful blanket of snow.Btw ianimal..you crack me up. :)

suzique suzique
Nov '12

white christmas... YIPPPEEE!!!! :)))) HA!

darlughh darlughh
Dec '12

It sure is beautiful out there!

My mother is a dedicated sun worshipper and snow hater - except for one day a year. Tonight on Dec 24, over night, she joins in embracing a white Christmas. ;-)

It was a close call though, not so happy after dinner out and the way to heavy stuff coming down getting home...

yippee!

darlughh darlughh
Dec '12

Can never get enough!

notafan notafan
Dec '12

I always see snowy weather as a chance to wear one of my really crazy flap-hats. Nothing like making someone chuckle in a snowstorm.

Anyone else a member of the Flap-Hat Club?

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '12

My Grand daughter is and apparently " the dorkier the better " is her motto!

Spring Fever
Dec '12

:) i cant wait

darlughh darlughh
Dec '12

I love the beach/sun and I love the snow just as much. Its winter after all so I say get out there and enjoy it!!

towny towny
Dec '12

At least this sounds like a "nice" snow. Dry, not to deep, not too windy. Hope it turns out that way.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Dec '12

can't wait!

darlughh darlughh
Feb '13

We want to build a snowman!

hperson hperson
Feb '13

me too.. LOL!

darlughh darlughh
Feb '13

I want to build a Tulip-man. ;)

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Feb '13

A Tulip-man. Out of snow! ;-)

LOVE SNOW !!

bostongirl bostongirl
Feb '13

No GC - out of tulips. Meaning I want spring, not snow. LOL!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Feb '13

we gots snow! :)))))

darlughh darlughh
Feb '13

And.......we are going to get a lot more darlughh!!! Enjoy!!

joyful joyful
Feb '13

Wait til tomorrow morning darlughh and you can really say that. :(

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Feb '13

i know :)

darlughh darlughh
Feb '13

For what was supposed to be an awful, dreary rain all day this is shaping up to be just excellent!!

I didnt hear rain all day. I heard snow and getting heavier later. Rain in south Jersey.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Feb '13

:)))) indeed!

darlughh darlughh
Feb '13

its going to snow all night :)

darlughh darlughh
Feb '13

Brings back memories of sleigh riding as a kid ALL DAY LONG soaking wet and didn't care.

just coach just coach
Feb '13

love snow not frezzen rain

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Feb '13

hate snow.. but may take the kiddo out later to play.. need a nap first.. up all night watching the snow fall.. ok.. its pretty.. not so bad :)

dooni dooni
Feb '13

Definitely not a fan, but don't mind it today. Clean up will done over the weekend and all should be good by Monday. I'm happy for all you snow bunnies, you can enjoy the things that snow bunnies do. Have fun and bundle up! For me, may go to Target, go out for breakfast, then enjoy the day, INDOORS.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '13

What a beautiful sun shine wind blowing white covered day to wake up to!!

It's a Winter Wonderland!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zifGp5KTBKg

:))))))))

darlughh darlughh
Feb '13

The snow is so pretty and peaceful.

jennymc jennymc
Feb '13

Beautiful picture Jenny..I agree,it is beautiful when it first comes down.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '13

What a great day with the SNOW and the girls .. tubing at the high school with many friends and neighbors. hopefully there will be more snow which = more time tubing time and more fun!!!!!!

scoop scoop
Feb '13

More snow on the way next thursday!

Good for you Scoop, glad you had fun in the snow. Some of my best memories of childhood are of playing in the snow, I would be out for hours. Only started to dislike it as an adult, but for children..what fun (including the adults that kept that part of childhood)! Hope you get to have more fun tomorrow, enjoy it while it's here.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '13

Jennymc, very pretty picture. Thanks for posting. Enjoyed it now being out of state.

Peggy C. Peggy C.
Feb '13

Since we've no place to go,
Let is snow, Let is snow, Let it Snow!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN7LW0Y00kE

I'm not a huge snow fan especially if I have to drive in it! I was looking back up the thread. I love love the photo of Iggy running in the snow with his little sweater on. Such joy on his face. I think I might be his number one fan!

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Dec '13

Love the snow but just like Kit Kat, hate driving in it. At the end of this one, they say should be about 2 inches. Hopefully the rain that is supposed to follow will wash everything away and we won't have to shovel anything.

JayP831 JayP831
Dec '13

The only yahoos that can possibly like snow are those who do not have to commute on I80 in the crap and have to get up at 5 am to shovel the driveway, curse the plow driver who has pushed up 3 feet of snow in front of it and then have to go risk life and limb on 80. Sure, it looks nice, for about 3 minutes then reality sets in.

Cynic
Dec '13

Cynic, I guess I'm a yahoo....I love the snow! :)

positive positive
Dec '13

The Phillipsburg Stateliners loved the snow today, they beat Mendham 33-0.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Dec '13

i do that stuff cynic and i still love the snow.

Bryan Bryan
Dec '13

It's that time of year ~

December 8: 6:00 PM.
It started to snow. The first snow of the season and the wife and I took our cocktails and sat for hours by the window watching the huge soft flakes drift down from heaven. It looked like a Grandma Moses Print. So romantic we felt like newlyweds again. I love snow!

December 9:
We woke to a beautiful blanket of crystal white snow covering every inch of the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Can there be a more lovely place in the Whole World? Moving here was the best idea I've ever had. Shoveled for the first time in years and felt like a boy again. I did both our driveway and the sidewalks. This afternoon the snowplow came along and covered up the sidewalks and closed in the driveway, so I got to shovel again. What a perfect life.

December 12:
The sun has melted all our lovely snow. Such a disappointment. My neighbor tells me not to worry, we'll definitely have a white Christmas. No snow on Christmas would be awful! Bob says we'll have so much snow by the end of winter, that I'll never want to see snow again. I don't think that's possible. Bob is such a nice man I'm glad he's our neighbor.

December 14:
Snow lovely snow! 8" last night. The temperature dropped to -20. The cold makes everything sparkle so. The wind took my breath away, but I warmed up by shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. This is the life! The snowplow came back this afternoon and buried everything again. I didn't realize I would have to do quite this much shoveling, but I'll certainly get back in shape this way. I wish I wouldn't huff and puff so.

December 15:
20 inches forecast. Sold my van and bought a 4x4 Blazer. Bought snow tires for the wife's car and 2 extra shovels. Stocked the freezer. The wife wants a wood stove in case the electricity goes out. I think that's silly. We aren't in Alaska, after all.

December 16:
Ice storm this morning. Fell on my ass on the ice in the driveway putting down salt. Hurt like hell. The wife laughed for an hour, which I think was very cruel.

December 17:
Still way below freezing. Roads are too icy to go anywhere. Electricity was off for 5 hours. I had to pile the blankets on to stay warm. Nothing to do but stare at the wife and try not to irritate her. Guess I should've bought a wood stove, but won't admit it to her. God I hate it when she's right. I can't believe I'm freezing to death in my own living room.

December 20:
Electricity's back on, but had another 14" of the damn stuff last night. More shoveling. Took all day. Goddamn snowplow came by twice. Tried to find a neighbor kid to shovel, but they said they're too busy playing hockey. I think they're lying. Called the only hardware store around to see about buying a snow blower and they're out. Might have another shipment in March. I think they're lying. Bob says I have to shovel or the city will have it done and bill me. I think he's lying.

December 22:
Bob was right about a white Christmas because 13 more inches of the white shit fell today, and it's so cold it probably won't melt till August. Took me 45 minutes to get all dressed up to go out to shovel and then I had to piss. By the time I got undressed, pissed and dressed again. I was too tired to shovel. Tried to hire Bob who has a plow on his truck for the rest of the winter; but he says he's too busy. I think the asshole is lying.

December 23:
Only 2" of snow today. And it warmed up to 0o. The wife wanted me to decorate the front of the house this morning. What is she nuts!!! Why didn't she tell me to do that a month ago? She says she did but I think she's lying.

December 24:
6". Snow packed so hard by snowplow, l broke the shovel. Thought I was having a heart attack. If I ever catch the son of a bitch who drives that snowplow, I'll drag him through the snow by his balls. I know he hides around the corner and waits for me to finish shoveling and then he comes down the street at a 100 miles an hour and throws snow all over where I've just been! Tonight the wife wanted me to sing Christmas Carols with her and open our presents, but I was busy watching for the goddamn snowplow.

December 25:
Merry Christmas. 20 more inches of the !=3D@x@!x!x1 slop tonight. Snowed in. The idea of shoveling makes my blood boil. God I hate the snow! Then the snowplow driver came by asking for a donation and I hit him over the head with my shovel. The wife says I have a bad attitude. I think she's an idiot. If I have to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" one more time, I'm going to kill her.

December 26:
Still snowed in. Why the hell did I ever move here? It was all HER idea. She's really getting on my nerves.

December 27:
Temperature dropped to -30o and the pipes froze.

December 28:
Warmed up to above -50. Still snowed in. THE BITCH is driving me crazy!!!!!

December 29:
10 more inches. Bob says I have to shovel the roof or it could cave in. That's the silliest thing I ever heard. How dumb does he think I am?

December 30:
Roof caved in. The snow plow driver is suing me for a million dollars. The wife went home to her mother. 9" predicted.

December 31:
Set fire to what's left of the house. No more shoveling.

January 8:
I feel so good. I just love those little white pills they keep giving me. Why am I tied to the bed?

I travel Route 80. Committed life long snow lover.

I am with you Cynic! While I do like the snow every so often, driving in it (with a job that does not close down no matter what the weather conditions are), having to shovel my car out since the plow company does not come around my neighborhood generally until a certain time, and commuting a fair distance with crazies on the road, I hate this time of the year. I only love snow when I do not have to go out in it and can enjoy it from home.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Dec '13

That was great Bonv. Lol! :)

positive positive
Dec '13

Andy - Did you leave early? Phillipsburg won 39-0. Congratulations to the Stateliners. They played a great game - the weather didn't stop them.

A lot of accidents on Rt 80 this morning. Take it slow. HATE THE SNOW!

botheredbyuu
Dec '13

SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW

Darrin Darrin
Dec '13

Just a little on the way.. but its all good! :)

darlughh darlughh
Dec '13

Let it Snow!

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Dec '13

who wants to make a snow man?

skippy skippy
Dec '13

In a few minutes, I will be out shoveling a 200 unit apartment complex with my husband. Still love snow though. :)

positive positive
Dec '13

it was so nice to see the snow on the way to work today.. love it!

darlughh darlughh
Dec '13

It is truly a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

kayaking kayaking
Dec '13

kayaking - Have you been channeling the ghost of Mr Rogers??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMUGJZrR9Jg

I cannot wait until Saturday !! S N O W !!

darlughh darlughh
Dec '13

I'm with you Darlughh. The weather people have named the storm "Electra" ... we should be careful! Although at this time of year the Celtic Snow Queen Arrianhod is celebrated.

This should be interesting, charge up the camera battery for a Winter Walk.

redmink1 redmink1
Dec '13

what a great snow fall! happy happy!!

darlughh darlughh
Dec '13

More snow for Tuesday!!!

kayaking kayaking
Dec '13

More snow tomorrow, and then again this weekend! Currently it looks like rain/snow, but lets hope the temp drops!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Dec '13

enjoy it tomorrow but don't bet on any this weekend.

Bryan Bryan
Dec '13

let it snow..let it snow... let it snow... !

darlughh darlughh
Jan '14

I'm as ready as ever! I'm so psyched and pumped up to shovel my butt off... I'm having a problem sleeping. o;)

positive positive
Jan '14

hoping for more than they are projecting, positive ---need mountains of it ---besides it will all be washed away over the weekend from what they're saying

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '14

Me too, positive!! Was out earlier walking the dog, it was great!

kayaking kayaking
Jan '14

beautiful!! enjoy!! :)

darlughh darlughh
Jan '14

For me the snow isn't the problem, temps nearing or below ZERO are!

Toldya Toldya
Jan '14

Its beautiful to look at, but that's about it. And its only January. UGH!!

botheredbyuu
Jan '14

Still love it even though I can't feel my toes!! Lol

positive positive
Jan '14

5catmom- Do you think we got enough snow today? I know the drifts made it look like more than what we actually got, but I think it was pretty substantial. :):)

positive positive
Jan '14

Positive - It's all in relation to what you're used to. I grew up in the 300" a year area of NY. Even if you consider the snow season as 100 days, that's 3" every single day. Up there if you didn't get any snow today, expect 6" tomorrow. And if you didn't get any either today or yesterday, then expect the sky to cave in because that's just wrong.

Substantial becomes a frame or mind. ;-)

nah- in my youth we built big forts - tall snowmen - and more - haven't seen it like that in years.................

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '14

Where in NY gets 300" per year? somewhere near Lake Placid?

I thought Jay Peak, VT was the only microclimate on the east coast with that kind of accumulation. Like you said, if you didn't get 3" of fresh powder today, you can count on 6" tomorrow... and Montreal was only an hour away. Ooo la la (-;

ianimal ianimal
Jan '14

I used to live in Sault St. Marie, Michigan. We used to have to crawl out of our windows to get out of the house in a good snow storm that may have delivered 1 - 2' of snow. They never canceled school for any amount of snow fall. We played outside all day long! Those are great memories!

kayaking kayaking
Jan '14

ianimal - Placid is the eastern side of the mountains, the absolutely highest yields are to the north western side. The clippers come in over the lakes to pick up the moisture and then have to drop it as it has to rise over the mountains. The lake side of the Adirondacks right near the peaks are some of the largest snow dumping grounds in the US. Several areas average in the 200"" and when I was there had multiple 300" years. Yes, "lake effect" actually produces more snow than Alaska.

Zero degrees in PV...that's not normal, is it??

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '14

You've got a long way to go to beat Alaska. I think there are places there that get over 1,000 inches. Most resorts in Utah average over 500". 300" is definitely impressive for this part of the world, though.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '14

5catmom - That's not "normal", that's "outstanding". GC's verhoodled little wetter station reads a balmy 3 in H-town, so you're the lucky ones.

Yes, I remember as a kid having at least 2 feet of snow....but since we have had many mild winters in the past few years, it's easy to forget and become a little spoiled. Not complaining, I'm a big snow lover and advocate, but this winter feels like a real winter compared to the last couple of years.

positive positive
Jan '14

ianimal - Its not so much that Alaska can beat NY, but that places in NY can beat places in Alaska. A place like Fairbanks gets well less than Syracuse on average. I'm not sure about being impressed, but it's the whole idea of perspective. If you're used to getting 100", what is a storm of 8"? But go down to Virginia and they think NJ is a snow heaven. Compare the zero temps with 80 in places out west, but -20 in Shawinigan. It's the "normal" you're used to, which is completely "abnormal" to everyone else. ;-)

True GC but Fairbanks does not need much snow for it to last. Plus it gets rime ice that covers everything.

! :)~

darlughh darlughh
Jan '14

Without a doubt there are places out West and in AK that get 300-400"+ a year. It's usually the real high elevations though where not many people live. What's interesting though is there are areas of NW NJ that average more than Green Bay. But the main reason for that is that we just get more moisture in general. But I would think a lot people don't realize things like that.

Bryan Bryan
Jan '14

Can't wait!!! It is almost time!!!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '14

Now this is a Magical Day.

wow that pic was lowsey, here is better one

Darrin Darrin
Jan '14

Not a fair comparison Bryan. Green Bay is a city, not in their snow belt:

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/images/mkx/climate/avg_30_year_snowfall.png

A large area with 100+ inches and even over 150 inches -- (on the right side of the) lake effect of course.

Maybe you should compare the Boro of Sussex with Green Bay :)

Eff you, snow.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jan '14

JR, I am envious of your cozy little retreat. Unfortunately, I'm waiting for the snow to stop so I can shovel for who knows 8 hours at least in the freezing cold. However, I remain true to my convictions and I still love the snow even if it kills me. Lol

positive positive
Jan '14

Need to keep an eye on the Weds storm. If we get anything it would be light but it is slowly creeping north on the models. As of now some of them show accumulating snow for central NJ.

Bryan Bryan
Jan '14

So just taking a quick look at the pattern that's developing later this week, it is changing but it looks like multiple snow opportunities will be on the way over the next week or two. There will probably be more of a rain/snow line so we'll have to watch that.

Bryan Bryan
Jan '14

South Jersey got a bunch of snow last night.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '14

Jan '14

News showing no snow thru the week. Maybe a little bit Sat into Sun but nothing to talk about. Hmm.....

botheredbyuu
Jan '14

I'm actually hoping for a big ugly storm on Saturday...to prevent my MIL from visiting.

Tracy Tracy
Jan '14

Tracy, Wouldn't she just come another time?;-) Perhaps it's best to have the visit done;-))

MrsPipes MrsPipes
Jan '14

Latest model run shows Sat/Sat night storm getting weaker and weaker so at this point it's not much. Then it also shows Monday's storm going south. Bigger storm for Weds but it shows mainly rain I think. The models really have been all over the place so take anything with a grain of salt right now. These things seem to happen when you are having a pattern change.

Bryan Bryan
Jan '14

MrsPipes, she'll come another time anyway, but at least it gives me a longer amount of time since the last visit.

Tracy Tracy
Jan '14

Since rumors are rampant lately, I figured I would post this here. ;-)

The picture is from Mid-Atlantic's storm watch page on Facebook. It shows a massive storm between 2/8 & 2/10. You might want to pre-order your bread. :P

Here's the link to their page.

https://www.facebook.com/AtlanticStormWatch

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '14

Yeh the Euro is more impressive for next week. But that would be future storm #4. The models haven't nailed these storms down within a day or two of them so again take it all with a grain of salt. Only thing that looks more certain is that it will get warmer and it will be fairly dry through Sunday.

Bryan Bryan
Jan '14

Looking fairly quiet through Monday now. However what looms could be very interstesting. Our biggest storm chance of the winter could be on the table mid to late week next week. Obviously how it would come together would determine what we get and how much but as of now it looks like a ton of gulf and atlantic moisutre will be in play.

Bryan Bryan
Jan '14

Let the snow watch begin......hoping for a whopper.

justcoach justcoach
Jan '14

...what a great commute.. the trees looked great !~ LOVE IT!! :))))

darlughh darlughh
Feb '14

It's a magical shining-crystal world out there **wow**

redmink1 redmink1
Feb '14

Heading to Park City this afternoon. Supposed to snow 3/4 days there. Can't wait to hit the slopes.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '14

Love the Wasatch. Have a blast...

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Feb '14

What's your favorite mountain, iPhone-imal? Park City resort might be my least favorite. Love the Canyons, Alta, and Solitude. Brighton is good too, but that view may be skewed because we got dumped on when we were there.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '14

Purely for skiing, I would probably choose Alta. I think they've got the best overall for snow and terrain quality. But, I love Park City... I could just go there and hang out sipping bourbon for a week (which is probably what I would do these days since I have no cartilage left in my left knee, lol)

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Feb '14

This morning the trees and shrubs were sparkling like diamonds in the sun, beautiful!

hktownie hktownie
Feb '14

Driving down Waterloo Rd earlier and the ice and snow on the trees were absolutely gorgeous. Like a crystal city.

I still hate snow though. LOL :)

botheredbyuu
Feb '14

With the rain but low temp yesterday my Fijian flag got soaked and then frozen solid into a huge ribbon caught mid flap. I love it when Fiji freezes over. ;-)

Had about 3 feet of snow fall while we were in Park City. Awesome trip. Thigh high at times skiing through the trees. This pic is from The Canyons on Sunday. We had plenty of fresh tracks and almost whiteout conditions at times. I love snow!

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '14

Looks like a complete whiteout, MNJ... either that, or you forgot to post the picture (-;

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Feb '14

Man are you quick iPhone-imal. Um, yeah, didn't come through. Here's the shot.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '14

:)))))

darlughh darlughh
Feb '14

Nice shot, MNJ. Did you wear your GoPro through there?

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Feb '14

Anyone else looking forward to being snowed in on Thursday???

Darrin Darrin
Feb '14

I love it except if it knocks out power - I don't have that much firewood...........

5catmom 5catmom
Feb '14

Darrin, maybe if we hadn't just been snowed in last Monday and Wednesday....

Tracy Tracy
Feb '14

Oh the weather outside is frightful
The Snow Haters are all so spiteful,
But the bunnies are all aglow -
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

It doesn't show signs of stopping
We can all do our on line shopping,
We've got a credit limit to blow -
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

No GoPro, don't have one yet. Just some stills. I'll post some more. I always look forward to getting snoed in.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '14

Here's where I lost a ski at the Canyons on Sunday. I took this from about the spot I lost it. Sucker took off and ran on top for about 150 feet, and then I lost it at the tree line at the bottom of the photo. Took me about 45 min to wade down there in waist deep snow. Then, I couldn't find it. I knew it was around a Spruce tree down there. It dove in good. And it was snowing, so I couldn't make out the track anymore. My buddy even went up on the lift and came down, with me spotting for him, and still no luck. Ski Patrol came, told me to hit the lodge and they would give a look. No sooner did I make it down to the lodge, have a coffee, and filled out a missing property form, they had found my ski. Unreal. It was about 20 feet from the spot I thought it was. This never happens. I'm really lucky sometimes.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '14

Whiteout that same day.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '14

Snow bunnies!!!!

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '14

You can have too much snow.....

Mineral Basin at Snowbird. It opened just after we left around 1 yesterday. The two guys are buddies who took the trip with me.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '14

I don't care who you are, those tutu "bunnies" are just wrong.

they definitely are not cute and fuzzy

5catmom 5catmom
Feb '14

5catmom - I don't know, they look quite a bit more fuzzy than you might expect. ;-)

I AM GETTING THE SNOW ITCH!!!! Can;t wait for tonight's storm!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '14

GC are you sure you don't mean chunky???

5catmom 5catmom
Feb '14

Hey, Darrin. They make a cream for that itch. I'm pretty sure CVS carries it. Don't you wish you had one nearby? Lol, j/k...

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Feb '14

LOL ianimal, I can only seem to get rid of it by rolling in the SNOW!

Since I can't buy smokes and get my blood pressure meds at the cvs I will find somewhere else to get this cream you speak of. (meaning no offence to either sufferer)

Darrin Darrin
Feb '14

I cant wait :) now THIS will be a storm..

darlughh darlughh
Feb '14

Ugh, thanks a lot Calico.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '14

My Mommy doesn't like the snow. She also spends too much time on the computer worrying about it.

DanTe

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Feb '14

FYI current running 168 - 62 posts lovers vs. haters WE ARE WINNING!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '14

Come on Snow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Makes me happy !!!

bostongirl bostongirl
Feb '14

All those silly snow haters......there is plenty of other states that do not get snow so MOVE!!!!! Leave the snow and the changing seasons to the people who love it!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '14

"Pax" - Peace be to you, and yours.

A buried, white, glistening, snowy peace. ;-)

:) yep.. its snowing !

darlughh darlughh
Feb '14

FYI: just cleaned off the car.. it is a light fluffy snow..so far ;)

darlughh darlughh
Feb '14

I hope the plow guys learned their lesson this year, almost all the local roads I have seen, and not just in our town, were plowed very narrow, with no preparation for more snow. I guess they have gotten rusty at plowing ACTUAL snow! LMAO!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '14

Happy! lol winter is winter.. snow is snow! :P

darlughh darlughh
Feb '14

And 3 degrees when you wake up!! Now that's a day to look forward to!!!

Haha no one "loved snow" for a week. Thats because it SUX! :)

botheredbyuu
Feb '14

:) Love it!

darlughh darlughh
Feb '14

more on the way, yay

MrCharlie2
Mar '14

Not much coming....whoohoo!

botheredbyuu
Mar '14

I'm dreaming of a white April
Just like the March we came to love,
Where the tree tops glisten
And children listen
With snow flakes falling from above.

I'm dreaming of a white April
With every post I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all
Your Aprils be white.

We have flurry sign... ;-)

The longer I can ski the better for me

One last shot at some snow tonight. Maybe a coating in spots as the rain ends as some wet snow.

Bryan Bryan
Apr '14

http://www.511pa.com/

Last look at the traffic cams before it gets too dark. Raining in Tannersville, but snow just north on 380 and out near Long Pond. No doubt elevation is key right now, but looks like we might get a quick coating looking at what we still have in store tonight on radar.

PenwellRd PenwellRd
Apr '14

And just like that.... Ice Pellets in Washington.

PenwellRd PenwellRd
Apr '14

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5catmom 5catmom
Apr '14

snow snow snow snow!!!!!

Hoping for a foot or more!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '14

Not me...still hate it

justintime justintime
Apr '14

I'm dreaming of a white Easter....

Hey, my white April is already here, only a couple of more days and we're golden.

I think the colored Easter eggs will look very pretty in the snow...a nice contrast. o;)

positive positive
Apr '14

Snow lovers it has not been our winter so far outside of November. But i like what i see on the models now. Hang in there. Things look to start getting active next week and beyond....

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Jan '15

I am patiently waiting. ***********

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Jan '15

45 on Sunday! No snow! HATE IT!

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jan '15

Hate to break it to you BBU, but this is Sunday's forecast, as per NOAA:

Sunday A chance of snow before 11am, then a chance of rain and snow between 11am and noon, then a chance of rain after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 40%.Sunday Night A chance of rain, snow, and freezing rain. Cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Jan '15

Bryan:

The past few days, even though really cold, had the brief morning feel of Spring in the air. I figure it had to be the higher humidity, but.......... very strange.

Jan '15

Hmmm...all news channels this morning said maybe a shower, hign 45. Lol hope you are wrong Bryan, but you never are, so now Im scared. ; )

Jan '15

I was outside this morning and thought I heard a Robin in the distance. Could it be or am I wishful thinking?

justwondering justwondering
Jan '15

Saw a robin the other day.

Jan '15

Funny i've actually heard some birds chriping here in NC. It does seem early. We had freezing fog here this moring. That's pretty unusual.

I've preached this before. Don't go by the news channels. You will only confuse yourself. Use noaa/nws or weatherworks.

MG - agree the humidity has been higher than normal. Part of the reason we haven't had much of a winter is a big ridge in the south pumping up warmer air than what is normal.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Jan '15

Not all of the robins travel south for the winter..Some still stick around..Especially if the temps are warmer than usual..

Family in NC. They had deep freeze last week. Deep freeze all the way south into Florida. Brrr......crazy

Jan '15

Like Robin Quivers.

Jan '15

I'm getting this on Weatherbug for Sunday and Monday --->

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jan '15

Patiently waiting to go snowmobiling, feeling pretty let down by this winter thus far

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Don't want to snow on your parade, but last year was the hottest year in recorded human history:

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=2896

I'm sure it won't snow much this year because we tuned up our snow blower.

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
Jan '15

But our area was one of the few below normal areas. Wait if we get 5-10 degree above normal in a coming winter, it will truly be banana belt with mostly rain for the entire Winter.

Darrin, you will need to head to the Old Forge area...

At this point, I'd suggest Shawinigan for snowmobiling.

I will say this: if it's going to be THIS mother-effing COLD and WINDY, it might as well be snowing!!!! I think I'd prefer 28F and snowing to a cold, grey, 11F with a -1F windchill.....

Maybe this winter it's been "too cold to snow" LOL (old wives' tale)

http://www.theweatherprediction.com/habyhints/222/

Jan '15

Maybe for this area. In the real mountains to the north the lift caused by true mountains causes snow to fall even if it this cold. Now tomorrow will be to warm to snow...

Nice map showing the 2014 below normal temps in our neck of the woods, while the majority of the world was above normal:

http://arstechnica.com/science/2015/01/2014-was-the-hottest-year-on-record-globally/

December was well above normal (and yes the entire month of December is considered winter from a weather standpoint). January has gotten cold. The cold will tend to suppress storms to the south but like Jay said, local dynamics can still give you snow. It's never too cold to snow. In this case it's been all about bad timing. The cold is moving out just as a storm is moving in. So we've gotten mainly rain.

I do still see more 'storm opportunities' in the future. But timing and track will decide what we get, if anything. I feel like it's been a struggle to get snow so far this winter so my gut tells me until something significantly changes that, then we should just expect that to continue.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Jan '15

Thanks Bryan, your last sentence is music to my ears.

Jan '15

Hahahahaha! NO snow!!

Jan '15

Bryan I love you !! Lol

Missrx Missrx
Jan '15

bby2... LOL

Jan '15

Look at that wonderful snow. Ha ha!

darlughh darlughh
Jan '15

Just beautiful!
Didn't even have coffee, grabbed the camera for some nice shots of landscape and birds at the feeder!!

It was SO quiet first thing when I opened my sleepy eyes.

redmink1 redmink1
Jan '15

Back at you bby!!!!!!! Take that and more! Keep it coming!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Was forecasted 5 days ago but didnt happen. (Like I said) BAHHAAAAAA!!!
More coming on Monday too???

Jan '15

All the snow birds moving out are now saying they're gonna miss this. And how they want to go off to Old Forge now. Just more for us.

If you don't like it, stay inside and put The Yule Log on. The rest of us are going walking in a Winter Wonderland... ;-)

Have fun GC! Cant walk where I live. Get run over. LOL!

Jan '15

Getting my snow shoes out!!

keep laughing bbu, all the way to the snow shovel!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Love Love Love it !!!!! woof woof more coming/woof=big

Tons of it monday/tuesday ! Wooohoo !

darlughh darlughh
Jan '15

Thank the snow gods who loves snow thread has over 100 more posts then the who hates snow thread!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

I still love snow..but I am concerned if I can't make it to work that I might be at risk of termination. They seem to have no problem firing people and hiring new people that only last for a few days. The turnover is ridiculous.

positive positive
Jan '15

I am lmao to all the snow haters Who said we would have no snow this year, go blow snow lmao!!!! Keep the snow coming, already two more storms in the forecast!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

Darrin: Im still waiting for the 2 feet of snow ! these snowfalls lately are sad.. lol Forget the ice...that is a total pain...but snow.. LOVE IT!! ~

darlughh darlughh
Feb '15

All I need is enough to run the snowmobiles! With little storms like what keep coming, it keeps the trails fresh and with a good base I should be able to get out again this weekend

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

What a pleasant surprise this morning!!! Feeling excited with more snow coming!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

Snow lovers... your dedication is not this strong. THUNDERSNOW BABY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdRWGMyeSYY

christography christography
Feb '15

"Dedication" is not quite the word I think of after seeing that. Go walking in that for sure, but looks more like he was just a bit punch drunk.

And may all of your March's be WHITE.......

Amen GC!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

And, will GC, please stay out of the cooking Sherry!.....( Just realized after I typed this that it was a play on words, GC)...lol!

joyful joyful
Mar '15

joyful - Oh just amazingly funny as crap. I'm thrilled to living death with your "word play". I will also pass it along to mommy microwave... In the mean time I'd bet you're putting on your track suit and sneakers to go out to the gym. ;-)

Touche! GC!

joyful joyful
Mar '15

Snow sucks!!!!!!!!

Slight adaptation to this song says it all for me....

"Snow, huh, yeah
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Uh-huh
Snow, huh, yeah
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Say it again, y'all

Snow, huh, good God
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Listen to me..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX7V6FAoTLc

I am sad that this could be our last snow fall of the season. :-(

just coach just coach
Mar '15

Coach,

Don't give up hope just yet. This upcoming week looks VERY interesting yet again. Hopefully we're not too far north. Will have to see how things trend in the coming days but there is potential. Could very well be our one "last hurrah" of this winter season...

Hope the end is near - hate the snow and cold! Enough is enough.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Mar '15

Woo Hoo!!!

darluggh darluggh
Mar '15

Weathernj says potential for Thursday.

just coach just coach
Mar '15

Just in case anyone needs it, here is the original version of the WPIX Yule Log broadcast. All two hours of it. Think, you'll only need to view this 4 times through. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_fje-Xxl0Q

No particular reason. Just thought I'd mention that...

Um, shouldn't a NATURE LOVER love all things that nature throws at them? Snow, cold, sun, heat, etc.? Otherwise, you're really a Conditional Nature Lover... ;)

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '15

Ahahahahahah more SNOW!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Darrin, you're killing me. How is the Easter Bunny going to find the carrots I leave for him. They will sink in this white c--p. Seriously, I am glad someone is happy though but it isn't me.

Mar '15

All for you Darrin! Enjoy! Grrr................

Mar '15

Darrin if you like snow so much go live in Siberia...

Metsman Metsman
Mar '15

I love snow a lot.

just coach just coach
Mar '15

Yeah, we've noticed

justwondering - What's your point?

What don't you understand GC. Just stating I Don't like snow and Darrin is always thrilled. duh

Mar '15

I'm with you justwondering. Huh??

Mar '15

I was asking about the "Easter Bunny". ;-)

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/04/16/well-into-spring-massapequa-park-snowman-is-still-going/

Is this you Darrin? LOL

Apr '15

LMAO, that's great bbu!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

Great snow storm yeasterday in Montana, Colorado, and Utah. That's the place for Mr Snowman in the picture to be. He wouldn't need his tanning lotion... ;-)

There were quite a few reports of snow showers in northwestern NJ yesterday. I'll be honest i won't miss living where it can snow for 6 months out of the year.

We've already had frost down here though so it can get chilly especially at night.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Oct '15

It snowed quite a bit up in Scranton and well into Tobyhanna yesterday. What a beautiful thing.

Gone away, is the bluebird,
Here to stay is a new bird,
He sings a love song,
As we go along,

Walking in a winter wonderland.

Oh it's good to get up in the morning..... ;-)

GC: Hush up!!!!!!

joyful joyful
Oct '15

I was doing some shopping in Mount Olive yesterday afternoon and there were some flurries.

jrsemom jrsemom
Oct '15

Let it snow let it snow!!!!!!!

I was so excited to see flurries in Hackettstown yesterday!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Oct '15

I have to say - buggers to you --- lets enjoy the fall please, please please

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '15

I'm with you..5catmom... @ Darrin and GC.....Phooey!!!

joyful joyful
Oct '15

Caught me by surprise yesterday while mowing/mulching leaves. The dog and I both started looking up going wha...?

Of course this morning's temp of 23F. on the car thermometer was a bit of a shocker too, though the frost didn't catch me by surprise. There was frost in Parsippany on my parents' cars by the time I left their house last night around10pm.

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '15

Wanted to make pesto with the last of the basil but just didn't have the time Saturday. Dug the whole plant out, stuck it in a pot and have it in the mud room for now. Whew...

Blackcat Blackcat
Oct '15

Blackcat, I picked as much as I could from the garden and brought the smaller pot inside too!

I saw three snowflakes...nothing to get excited about just yet, snow lovers. Let's enjoy our 5 minutes of fall.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Oct '15

Up until a few days ago I was very excited about the winter weather predictions of above average snowfall for our area, now they are reporting a strong El Nino to bring a mild winter...BLAH! :(

Iluvsnow
Oct '15

Thanks a lot Bryan_trouble-maker_NC!

Now I need to find the "Who hates snow" thread lol

justintime justintime
Oct '15

I love the snow!!! Snow days are the best!! And drinking hot cocoa and building a snow man :)

Annoymus Annoymus
Nov '15

Anyone see the flurries again yesterday!?!?!?! It is only a matter of time!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Nov '15

Oh darn, I missed them! I was in NYC yesterday, no snow flakes there.

Relax Darrin...it's going to be in the mid 60's again this week. Pattern points to a warm winter. It should be a lot colder by now. There, I just jinxed myself.

NoHopeForHumanity NoHopeForHumanity
Nov '15

"Our prediction is for a very wild ride this winter," the agency says.

Overall, the winter will not be as cold as last year and it will have fewer storms. But when they hit, they could pack more of a wallop.

This outlooks starts with a mostly mild December, and an average January for both precipitation and temperature.

"The month to get out of dodge and plan an escape to the tropics would be February – very cold, well above normal snow," the report says.

PROJECTED SNOWFALL

The Eastern PA Weather Authority broke down its snowfall projections by city. Here is a sampling. For comparison, each city's normal annual snowfall is given in parenthesis. All numbers are in inches.

Allentown: 43-58 (33)
Hackettstown: 66-77 (44)
Mount Pocono: 72-84 (48)
Harrisburg: 49-58 (33)
Trenton: 34-40 (23)
Philadelphia: 33-39 (22)

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/11/were_in_for_a_wild_winter_weat.html

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
Nov '15

Several inches of snow this past weekend on the Catskill summits. We climbed 3 of the 3500+ footers. Can't wait for winter!!

Robert Durana Robert Durana
Nov '15

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov '15

I hope we get all (44 inches) at once, it melts and we move right into Spring! ;)

Hot corner Hot corner
Nov '15

Warrensburg, NY.....let it snow let it snow! Goins snowmobiling is on my agenda today :-)

Darrin Darrin
Dec '15

welcome winter ! :)

darluggh darluggh
Dec '15

For you snow lovers I did mention something very positive on another weather thread last week. The pattern we have been in is starting to transition. There are a bunch of good signs for a very active and colder winter ahead after this late start. Hang in there.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Dec '15

Hey Bryan. When do you think things will start getting messy again? I would like to drive down to Florida for a few days or weeks but I have to be back when it snows here to plow for my customers. Do you see any bigger safe times?

M & K M & K
Dec '15

Any sunshine in that outlook, Bryan?

Dec '15

Always tough to get into details over a week away. Generally I see bigger storms with nicer weather in between (fairly cold though). Not like all the smaller storms of years past.

M&K I think the most active time in terms of snow will start around the middle of the January. Say Jan 12th on. Either way now may be your best window to not miss any of the action.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Dec '15

Models are starting to latch on to a storm for this coming Fri/Sat. How much cold air is available and storm track would determine what type of storm there is.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Jan '16

Wahoooo!!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '16

Locals calling for rain for upcoming weekend. Temps are not supposed to be that cold. Hoping!!!

Jan '16

Agree it looks too warm. At one point there was some hope. This is just the first in a series of possible coastal storms. The general idea is that there will be more and more cold air to work with so still more hopeful for the 2nd half of January.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Jan '16

Flurries this morning, pleasant sign of whats to come!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '16

:) Hope it snows Saturday!!

darluggh darluggh
Jan '16

At 42F (sat), they call snow "sleet" LOL

Jan '16

I heard just rain for this weekend...,Whew!!
Hope so:) That will be another week down snow free and another week closer to spring lol!

It can easily sleet or even snow at 42. But in this case I think it might just start as sleet then quickly change to rain. Not a big deal either way for the weekend. Let's see what happens with the next few storms.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Jan '16

"Consider the cold weather this week mother nature's warning shot"

Here comes winter....

http://www.nj.com/weather/index.ssf/2016/01/enjoy_the_next_few_days_nj_because_winter_is_coming_with_a_vengeance.html

Jan '16

:))))))

darlughh darlughh
Jan '16

That is GREAT new JR!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '16

I think we'll be storm tracking in another week or so. Hang in there.

Until then Weds (1/13) brings a clipper system which could bring something minor (unless it goes farther south and blows up but that's always unlikely).

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Jan '16

Even I admit the storm TRACKING is fun. Heck, in all truth, even I don't have a problem with snow, SO LONG AS I CAN STAY HOME. Staying home during a big snow storm is great. Having to got to work and drive in a minor snow storm on sloppy roads is NOT fun.

So I say, if it's going to snow, let it snow BIG. Otherwise, it's a royal PITA.

Jan '16

Haven't seen it mentioned yet but use caution if venturing out late tonight (10PM) into early Saturday morning (7AM). A Winter Weather Advisory has been posted just to our north for Sussex County and also in Monroe County in PA:

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=NJZ001&warncounty=NJC037&firewxzone=NJZ001&local_place1=Stanhope%20NJ&product1=Winter+Weather+Advisory&lat=40.9072&lon=-74.7086#.Vo_ccRUrLIU

Hmm JR, you and I can solidly agree on that point!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '16

Geez models are starting to show several potential storms for 2nd half of January. Things are definitely going to get interesting soon.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Jan '16

Brian just knows how to get me excited!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '16

ITS SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '16

soak it in, Darrin.... you've waited awhile for it.... LOL

I'm fine with this snow: no shovels or salt required!

I feel bad for my wife tho: she'll be commuting back from NYC, and even flurries turn everyone on the road into scaredy cats who forget how to drive... takes her FOREVER to get home.... and it's an already-too-long commute.

Jan '16

Trucks are out salting roads in long valley...nice. They must be eager this season due to the late start of Winter:) Normally an entire day can go by with several inches piled up before you see a truck come through where I am

YES!! Snow!!

darlughh darlughh
Jan '16

All done! :)

John C John C
Jan '16

Don't let your guard down just yet. It will be interesting to see if it holds together but watch that squall line out in PA in the next hour or so. That's the arctic front. Currently approaching Allentown. Quick burst of snow...then winds REALLY pick up!!

http://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/wwatxtget.php?cwa=phi&wwa=special%20weather%20statement

Yes reports of white out conditions with the squall line.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Jan '16

Happening in Phillipsburg right now.

positive positive
Jan '16

Our land is white and the parking lot was salted. Washington.

Old Gent Old Gent
Jan '16

Super windy in Oxford!

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '16

Now that is.my kind of a snow - minimal!

Jan '16

Well now that we can stop dreaming about the Powerball we can return our attention to dreaming about snowstorms lol.

Sometime around next Saturday (Jan 23) is our next chance at something fairly decent in the snowfall dept.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Jan '16

So... Jan 14 and no (real) snow in site.... LOVE IT!

Jan '16

I will see to it that you eat those words JR!!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '16

NC has snow this morning. :-;

TravelingGC TravelingGC
Jan '16

Yeh more snow to my north but I had some steady light snow here for about 15 mins. This after a beautiful 60 deg day yesterday lol.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Jan '16

Snowing in Independence .. yayy!

Bryan - snow in Charlotte was a good hour, switched to rain, and back to snow. None of it stuck, but it was coming down really good.

TravelingGC TravelingGC
Jan '16

Not me...lol! If the snow they're starting to talk about does happen, I just hope it starts Friday AFTER I get home from work!

Bessie Bessie
Jan '16

yeh it was cool seeing Panthers fans tailgating in the snow GC. That was a sight I never saw before.

Fri/Sat storm looking major. Check the storm thread. Another storm possible next Weds 1/27.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Jan '16

Bryan_NC - I never had seen Panthers fans at all, ever. I've visited down there several times and nothing. Now they end up in the playoffs and the jerseys were everywhere. What's up with that?

Honestly GC they have some good fans down here. Even last year when they were 7-9 and made the playoffs there was a lot of excitement.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Jan '16

LOVE THIS SNOW! !!

darlughh darlughh
Jan '16

This is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show all those snow haters what a TRUE snow storm is!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '16

Trust me, I'm 61, I know what a true storm is ( that's not to say I like them though). When I was a kid, my mother would have to drag me back in the house after playing in the snow for hours. This is a true storm in my eyes, have fun playing, but could you make it be gone by Monday, lol.

Bessie Bessie
Jan '16

so true Bessie - It was so much fun

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '16

If we get it all out of the way with one storm, I'm happy. So are we done now?

Jan '16

Tracy, very, very, very far off. Keep the storms coming!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '16

Rain and temps in the 40's next week. This will be a memory

John C John C
Jan '16

Yes, but a great memory!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '16

2 days in the next 10 that might be near 40. Very little rain and probably some snow thrown in there. It will take weeks to melt 2 ft of snow with the low sun angle we have now.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Jan '16

Two weeks ago I could generate very little passive solar. Today we were 77 for a few minutes so the sunn's angle is moving in our favor.

With no ice layers this could shrink pretty fast. Our two feet compressed down to a foot today.

Given the el nino pattern the chance of a big one rolling through the South and coming up the coast and colliding with a polar vortex will be with us until the vortexes are pushed North.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Jan '16

The sun angle is definitely getting higher but still not even 5 weeks removed from the solstice so it's still not too strong (enough to feel though i'm sure). The official NWS reporting station in Allentown rec'd 31 inches of snow and they still report a snow depth of 26" as of midnight last night. I wouldn't doubt it's a more shaded area.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Jan '16

Early next week looks like something to watch to me (2/8-9 or so).

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Feb '16

Ohhhhhhhhhhh :-)!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '16

Ewwwwwwwwwww :-(!

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Feb '16

TX Bryan , looking for your next update .

just coach just coach
Feb '16

What a pleasurable friday morning snow storm!!! Love it!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '16

WHAOOOO MORE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!

Just got in from a three hour drive(Should of been 1:30) from south Jersey, be careful out there guys!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '16

Will it turn to slush by morning?

Blazin
Feb '16

Darrin, hopefully this "snow" is your last thrill for the winter. Hoping for Spring!

Feb '16

No way justwondering, I pray for more snow to come!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '16

woohoo!! I'm sure we will have more.. :))

darlughh darlughh
Feb '16

its suppose to be in the 40s/50s the next 2 weeks. which will bring us into March. this may be a 1 storm winter boys.

darwin darwin
Feb '16

Early reports are calling for snow next Wednesday (weather underground has it 1-3" while others are using the b-word).

I think we are already up to 3 or 4 storms?

Darrin Darrin
Feb '16

lol Darrin where do you get 3-4 "storms"? I used my blower once so far this winter so I'm only counting 1 storm. I'm not counting the little dustings we got as "storms"

darwin darwin
Feb '16

hate to break it to ya, but 1-3 inches is still a snow storm, if there is enough for them to salt and plow the roads, it constitutes a storm in my book. I used to use the driveway clearing method for counting storms, but I only clear it when we have over 6 inches :-> Heck this last storm I did the driveway 4 times, is that 4 storms?

Darrin Darrin
Feb '16

Nope, still not liking snow...

justintime justintime
Feb '16

So looking forward to spring...planting, growing, new life and all that good stuff. Can't wait.

DannyC DannyC
Feb '16

Snow/Sleet in Hackettstown.....started at 5:45.........YAY SNOW!!!!!!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '16

(some of) you people need help.

Apr '16

I do JR.....wanna help me set up some snow making machines?!?!?!?!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '16

Keep your eyes on the Sat/Sat night system. Could be heavy burst of snow. Last shot of the season I will say.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Apr '16

Bryan I've been watching the forecasts SNOW on the first day of trout season. Absurd. Spring ahead, how far ahead did it go??

auntiel auntiel
Apr '16

I hear ya. Kind of had a feeling this might happen with the quiet winter.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Apr '16

Shows on weather channel app 5-8 inches

Snow Buns
Apr '16

They were filling up the trout trucks today at Pequest.

Debating whether to reschedule a party Saturday... Never imagined I'd have to worry about snow.

Dina
Apr '16

YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '16

Do they still call it a "winter storm"?

Blackcat Blackcat
Apr '16

Now apps downgraded it to 3-5 inches

Snow Buns
Apr '16

I knew this was going to happen. I put the snow shovels away last weekend.

emaxxman emaxxman
Apr '16

forget snow shovels. I already put away all winter hats, gloves and jackets. I refuse to accept this! !! LOL

Darwin Darwin
Apr '16

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

It's a chilly 70 degrees here.

Here's the view from my cubicle... just a bit breezy today.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Apr '16

Accept it Darwin!!!!!!!!! So excited! I hope the storm gives us a bunch of snow!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '16

YAYAYA! What a pleasant surprise to hear the tapping of ice this morning in Hackettstown!

Darrin Darrin
Oct '16

Got a guest room, Mark?

A few hundred of us might like to visit.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '16

Hate it!

Mr. Wilson Mr. Wilson
Oct '16

Darrin, you're sick... you know that, right? I'm not sure anyone who is a "crazy" as you are with your snow-loving should be allowed to own firearms.... ;)

Oct '16

With something like this, you gotta love it!

Darrin Darrin
Oct '16

"Got a guest room, Mark? "

Sure, I've got two! Going to be sunny and in the 80's for the next week or so.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '16

Move to Vermont, Darrin. A friend up there got a few inches this morning.

Tracy Tracy
Oct '16

Just drove from PA back to jersey in a freakin blizzard!!!!!!!!

YAY SNOW! Just wish I had my wife's truck and not my wife's car!!

Darrin Darrin
Nov '16

Not me

Mr. Wilson Mr. Wilson
Nov '16

I knew you'd be kicking this one back up, Darrin....LOL

Nov '16

Trust me JR, after last year's one time hitter, I am looking forward to some snow snow SNOW!

Darrin Darrin
Nov '16

What's up with tonight's forecast? Weather Channel app is now saying 3 to 5 inches for Allamuchy but no watches or warnings are posted.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Dec '16

D-ManPV - That means they aren't sure of the temps. If it's cold, it might turn out that way. If it's more likely to be a bit warmer, it will be rain. I'm in the "holler" in Hackettstown and so far I would say it's wet but not solid. ;-)

Love the snow sooo much that I travel to the high country out west every year to play in the real powder. Just don't see that kind of snow here (hardly) anymore. And plus, when I'm here and it snowing, that usually means I have to travel in it to work. That kinda puts a damper on things. But I love, love, love the snow!!!

Dallas Dallas
Dec '16

Merry Christmas, Darrin...

Sunday into monday...

Dec '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.