Orange/Tan Cat spotted

Orange/Tan Cat spotted

This beautiful cat has been in our neighborhood over three weeks - we took him in before the storm - bathed, flea treated, etc.. he's a real home cat, friendly, responds to humans, looks for human contact - we think that someone must miss him.. Has anyone heard of someone missing this cat? Have called animal rescue, the radio station, etc...

pmnsk pmnsk
Nov '12

he is beautiful! can you tell if he is neutered? maybe he belongs to somebody that just does not care and leaves him run? or a stray.....

Hastings Hastings
Nov '12

He is NOT neutered, He's soooo affectionate I have to think that he came from a home where he was used to getting attention - really don't think he's a stray, when I first saw him three weeks ago, he was shiny and clean, well-fed, by the time I caught him, he was grubby, flea infested and much skinnier - he's eating like crazy!! I really think he was in someone's home - don't think he's an out door cat either, he stayed near the town houses, meowed whenever I went outside, etc... Such a sweetie, I think someone must love him...

pmnsk pmnsk
Nov '12

there was someone a few weeks ago posting about a lost cat.. maybe look back at the posts?

possibly.......but more likely somebody abandoned him......people don't get their cats neutered and then decide they don't want them anymore.....so typical and DISGUSTING....did you post flyers? I will gladly make some for you (whenever I get back to work) You can post them around your neighborhood. Often too, people lose their cats and just don't make an effort (flyers, calls etc) to get them back, or don't know how (IF elderly, no comp) Also, if you do decide to keep him or get him neutered, I go to a place in PA that is pretty cheap ($60) and would be glad to take him for you.

Hastings Hastings
Nov '12

Thank you hastings - I did find the low cost neuter certificate online and that Budd Lake Animal Hospital participates - have been trying to reach them, but their phones seem to be out - don't know if they have power. What I am really having a hard time with is trying to find some way to have him checked out - a physical - at no or low cost, money is very tight and I would love to have him examined to be sure he's ok.... Kayh - I checked all the past posts and didn't see any that were close...

pmnsk pmnsk
Nov '12

Try calling New Beginnings or the Pet Adoption League. They may be able to direct you to a vet who will work with w. you for a lower price than if you went to one and they treated it as your pet. Good luck!

Trying to Help Trying to Help
Nov '12

pmnsk~ with the low cost certificate, just ask ahead exactly what the cost will be because what some vets do if they accept them is require bloodwork etc so you will still be spending a lot. As far as a low cost check up......try Blairstown Animal Hospital....the office visit is $55...I have found they are pretty reasonable and don't try to raise the bill with unnecessary tests...

Hastings Hastings
Nov '12

You said he was well groomed when you first saw him 3 weeks ago. Do you or your neighbors know of anyone who recently moved or perhaps passed away in the area?

Another idea is who are the closest vets near you? You might take the picture to them and ask the staff if they recognize him.

Good Luck

PS: Are you sure he's not neutered? Nowadays they don't remove anything visible.

MD Stevens MD Stevens
Nov '12

so true about being harder to tell if they are neutered! I noticed that with the last 2 males I had neutered........not much of a difference in how they look! guess its a different 'technique' then they used years ago?

Hastings Hastings
Nov '12

Another possibility - Have you had him checked for a microchip?

MD Stevens MD Stevens
Nov '12

Gee, I didn't know that they didn't remove any thing "visible" when they neuter a male - there are "visible" parts, so I just assumed that he wasn't neutered - have to check with the vet... also, I have not yet checked for a microchip - am trying to find a vet that would give an exam at no cost/low cost - no luck so far - any suggestions? I have contacted new beginnings but have not heard back from them - I assume that they are very busy with the aftermath of the storm... I do plan to have that checked though

pmnsk pmnsk
Nov '12

Is there an animal control near you or a pound, they can usually check for chips and both should know of vets that volunteer their time or give reduced rates.

Good Luck

MD Stevens MD Stevens
Nov '12

Animal Control should have a microchip scanner. If you report the cat as being found to Animal Control, there is a (10 day I believe) waiting period before s/he can be considered free to be rehomed and without a legal owner. Thanks for taking the cat in!

Someone
Nov '12

where is your neighborhood ?

just the facts maam just the facts maam
Nov '12

oak hill townhomes, off bilby

pmnsk pmnsk
Nov '12

Just the facts - does this cat look familiar?

pmnsk pmnsk
Nov '12

pmnsk~ did you hang flyers on the mailboxes in Oakhill? you would be surprised, but often they just don't know how to get home (if were never let out much) and some people just don't post 'lost' signs.....assuming they will just come home....he could live very close.

Hastings Hastings
Nov '12

No...sorry. doesnt look familiar. I do alot of driving around though and was just wondering.

just the facts maam just the facts maam
Nov '12

I lost my cat in Simi Valley and that looks exactly like him but I might be wrong my cat name is simba and is 1yr and 3 months and I have been looking for him for over 3 months And he is neutered. He has a circle one on each side

Jackie10128 Jackie10128
Aug '14

California to New Jersey is a pretty big leap for a cat, even if this post is a year and a half old.

I have a kitten that looks a lot like that one. Did you try calling your local animal control center are vet? It's a great way to try to find the owner.

Where is this kitty now?

Nature Lover
Sep '14

This cat looks exactly like the one I have. Except my cat is female, but in her litter we never came across a kitten that looked like this.

annonymouskittycat
Nov '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.