Missing Maine Coon cat in College View

Missing Maine Coon cat in College View

Our 4 year old Maine Coon cat, Coconut, is missing in College View. He will not come to anyone but please let us know if you see him. We love & miss him!!! Reward offered.

NancyS NancyS
Oct '12

Good luck! I someone does see him you may want to consider putting out a trap.

How long has cat been missing? My husband says he saw a big fluffy cat down Kenneth Lane, walking toward the Hatchery, yesterday.

usafirst usafirst
Oct '12

He's been gone since 6am yesterday. Thanks, I'll go check it out :)

NancyS NancyS
Oct '12

Spoke with you earlier today. That may have been the cat that the orange cat was chasing on Seymour...I'll Keep my eye out...

Kelly Kelly
Oct '12

Question about the orange cat. Does he/she have a home?

susique susique
Oct '12

I don't know if the orange cat has a home but he is always out! I heard he is rather large too.

NancyS NancyS
Oct '12

Re: Missing Maine Coon cat in College View

$500 REWARD!!! There is a huge storm coming and he needs to be found. He was last seen between College View & Seymour.

NancyS NancyS
Oct '12

i will come over to that area and help look for him. i dont want your money.

a good day
Oct '12

Nancys
How about a few picture/flyers to hang up in College View...... I live here also, so if you need help!

QUINLAN106 QUINLAN106
Oct '12

What is the strategy if he won't come to anyone? Do you want people to email you if they see him?. I can go look right now but by the time I send you an email he may run.

Firefly Firefly
Oct '12

Nancy~
I would put flyers in neighbors doors or paper boxes (I don't think you can put them in mail boxes) You would be surprised how people find what they thing are stray animals and don't advertise....they wait to see if the owner posts something. It is worth a shot....I really hope you find him! :o(

Hastings Hastings
Oct '12

I think if he were seen roaming then he would come home. I am thinking that he is hiding in fear or injured from the cat fight someone said he was in on Monday. If he is under a porch or deck somewhere is what I am thinking and could be caught that way.

NancyS NancyS
Oct '12

Nancy, if you need a 'Have a Heart' trap, I have one you can use. He won't get hurt, just goes inside to eat and the door closes behind him.

Hastings Hastings
Oct '12

Some cats will not come to anyone, even their owners, once they get outside. They are naturally flight animals and if approached , take off. I believe they get a bit disoriented. One of my cats got out last year and we saw him in the woods. When we approached him, he took off. He was outside our house for two1/2 days. They say when house cats are outside, they usually stay very close to their homes, but hide. This was true of my cat and i just remained patient and never lst hope. This is what worked for us.... We left the garage door up about 2 feet every night, ths way our cat could come in on his own terms.also, we left a trail of food leading up to the garage entry.Every morning, I would open the inside garage door in hopes of seeing my cat. Finally, one morning he was waiting right at the inside door. try this, hope it works for you. Good luck,

Snag88 Snag88
Oct '12

PRAYING for Coconut's safe return asap.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '12

Thank you for all of your thought and prayers! He is still MIA. He was an outdoor cat that we took in 3 years ago. He goes outside every day for a couple of hours at a time and always home at night! He would have been miserable if I kept him in. Hopefully his knows his way around and is just scared for awhile.

NancyS NancyS
Oct '12

is it possile that he has gotten into the hatchery area and cannot get out just a thought. Is that area accessible to people?

a good day
Oct '12

I had a main coon just like your cat, Snag! He was a barn cat that I got as a kitten and when he was like 4 my roommate left the door open and he got out. Looked all over calling for him, and then 3 days later I saw him by my car and I called to him and he ran! and this was a cat that, in the house, was always under foot! Took me a week to get him back, I finally had to set a trap, and when he was caught he saw me walking towards the cage and was pacing and growling, I thought he might have had rabies, but as soon as we got him in the house and out of the cage he was purring up a storm and rubbing against me. crazy! I hope your cat returns soon Nancy, I know how devastating that is when they disappear and you dont know if theyre okay or where they went.

Diamondeye Diamondeye
Oct '12

Nancy, have you found coconut?????

abbadabbadoooo abbadabbadoooo
Oct '12

He is still out there. I have called his name all over this half of town!

NancyS NancyS
Oct '12

Hi Nancy,
I don't know if this is possible, but yesterday I saw a cat that looked similar to coconut running around in the wooded area at the corner of bilby/princeton, on the princeton side - that's quite a way from you and I know that we do have some strays that "live" in the area, but this was the first time I saw this particular cat and it did look like a coon cat... I will keep an eye out - good luck

pmnsk pmnsk
Oct '12

I swear I saw this cat about 20 minutes ago sauntering down Mitchell. It was headed towards Seymour. I live on the edge of Mitchell/Arthur, my light over my garage came on. I looked outside to see what it was and it was walking down the sidewalk. I saw this thread after. :(

Njchia Njchia
Oct '12

Thank you for the leads. I am looking in to each one as they come in. They are also keeping my spirits up that he is not injured or worse! Hopefully he will find his way before the storm. Thanks again :)

NancyS NancyS
Oct '12

NancyS: Just to let you know, I'm sure there are lots of us worrying about Coconut and you and hoping that he finds his way home soon

Nancy........not sure anybody has suggested this but put some clothing outside of yours......something with your scent......or a blanket........IF possible, leave a ground floor window open .....years ago I had a very hard to catch cat that got outside and found the open window and came inside.......wish I could help but if he wont go to anybody else not sure what I could do...during the day, leave smelly canned food outside....

Hastings Hastings
Oct '12

Any word on Coconut? am praying very hard that he is soon back home!

Ingrid Ingrid
Oct '12

Our cat is still missing. I've checked with the shelters. Heard he may have been spotted by Mitchell Rd before the storm. Please keep a look out!!! Thanks Hack. Life

NancyS NancyS
Nov '12

Will keep my eyes peeled!

JessM. JessM.
Nov '12

i was thinking about coconut this morning. i will keep my eyes open for him!

darlughh darlughh
Nov '12

Still missing!
Could be anywhere at this point. Please keep a look out :)

NancyS NancyS
Nov '12

STILL MISSING!!

NancyS NancyS
Nov '12

any sightings recently?? :o( don't give up hope.....I had a cat gone for 3 months that just showed up one day!

Hastings Hastings
Nov '12

Still missing! Please keep a lookout :)

NSteurer NSteurer
Nov '12

I'm so sorry to hear that, NSteurer. I've shared this on FB so that some of my collegeview buddies can keep an eye out.

Hope he comes home soon!

Nov '12

I saw this cat yesterday at my brothers house on Rockport Road in Hackettstown. We hgave it some food and then the dog accidentally chased it away. She looked fairly healthy. Please call me for more details 201-230-1341

Scott Rothstein Scott Rothstein
Nov '12

that is great news Scott! Hoping they find him soon......maybe your brother could put more food out to keep him in the are until the owner knows?

Hastings Hastings
Nov '12

There has been`a long haired big black cat hanging around James court,Jay court area of Kenwood. Thought it was my Isabel from my TNR colony, but she is missing a patch of fur from her tail and this one isn't. Seen it a few times. from a distance it looks healthy, but kind of skittish. Will run either over to Mitchell or the opposite way to the apartments by McDonald's.

Ingrid Ingrid
Nov '12

Ingrid, I went today and called around for him. I have 2 pictures of him on this thread. He is the cat on the left along side of the huge black cat and one close up of his face. He is not black, more on the brown side. If you see him again please contact me. I call for him all over town :)

NSteurer NSteurer
Nov '12

Please continue to look out for Coconut. Hopefully is around town somewhere!

NSteurer NSteurer
Nov '12

Haven't seen him for a few days. I will contact you as soon as I do. Usually see him early in the morning or from a distance, so just know the color was dark. Good luck!

Ingrid Ingrid
Nov '12

I heard there was a found long haired cat near Cenenary College. Please check the pictures on this post to see if it is Coconut. He is the cat on the left. Thank you!

NSteurer NSteurer
Dec '12

I sure hope it's him. He needs to be home with his family.

Dec '12

It was not Coconut :(
Please keep looking!!

NSteurer NSteurer
Dec '12

OH shoot. :( So sorry to hear that.

Dec '12

Coconut is still missing! Please keep a lookout.

NancyS NancyS
Dec '12

I'm so sorry NancyS.

JessM. JessM.
Dec '12

Hearing of some cats coming home after a couple of months so I'm not giving up! Please continue to look for my little man.

NSteurer NSteurer
Jan '13

I had a cat that was gone for over 6 months once. Turned up very skinny.

Firefly Firefly
Jan '13

Have you checked with Kim that does cat rescue - she has gotten a lot of stray cats lately - maybe someone that's not on this site has seen her or called Kim about Coconut! Kim can be reached thru Pet Valu in Mansfield - she holds adoptions there

Reanie525i Reanie525i
Jan '13

Kim @ www.newbeginningscatrescue.com
her contact info on homepage

Hastings Hastings
Jan '13

Left a message for her. He was not in the photos on her sight. Thanks!! All help is welcomed :)

NSteurer NSteurer
Jan '13

Still missing :(

NSteurer NSteurer
Jan '13

everytime I see this thread on the recent posts I get excited hoping you found him....darn! Have you tried putting flyers in the paper boxes (think its 'against the law' to put in mail boxes) It is possible that somebody took him in and does not read this forum or even think to post a 'found' flyer? I can make flyers for you if you want to do that

Hastings Hastings
Jan '13

I miss my little boy!! He's still not home :(

NancyS NancyS
Jan '13

I'm soooooooo sorry to hear he's not home. :(

Jan '13

I'm so sorry too Nancy. This is obviously a trying time for you but please don't give up, he may still come home when you least expect it. I can't help but wonder if someone took him in. I will keep holding positive thoughts, try to do the same...

Coconutgohome!
Jan '13

Don't give up! It's amazing how long they can be gone and then suddenly show up.

Ingrid Ingrid
Jan '13

Just want to put it out there again. My little man is still missing!! Please keep a look out. Thank you!

NancyS NancyS
Mar '13

Nancy, make sure you check animal control and shelters because they won't call you. Did you put his picture on Craigs list and lost my doggie and facebook. If you do Craigs list, do them all, north, central and south jersey.
Good luck and don't give up. They can show up months later like mine did.

4paws 4paws
Mar '13

Nancy, sorry to hear your cat, Coconut, has been missing six months! I will certainly keep an eye out.

Chickadee Chickadee
Mar '13

Nancy, check common sense for animals. They have a ad in the paper, 5yr. old neutered male Maine coon for adoption. 908-859-3060. Cody is the name they gave him or he could be a surrender. You could call and find out what color he is. They get cats from all over, even Hackettstown.
Good luck.

4paws 4paws
Mar '13

This may be the cat I found!!!!! The one here isn't as big and fluffy but def looks similar!!!! This kitty is small though. I will get another photo and try to catch him.

Hannah Sakolsky Hannah Sakolsky
Jan '15

Hannah, I'm so hoping this is Nancys cat. Maybe being gone for so long it's lost weight and it could just be the photo itself.........making it look a bit different.

littlelu littlelu
Jan '15

Just got this from a friend of mine.
Anyone recognize this cat? Allen Rd

"Does this sweet kitty belong to anyone? She's sitting on my doorstep in Yorkshire Apartments on Allen Rd. PM me if you know where she belongs. It's cold and I can't bring her/him in. Kitty is long haired, well groomed, and well fed."
If you know who's cat this is, you can look up the name Hannah Sakolsky on FB and pm her or call the aco that she left a message for at 908-852-0003 and hopefully owner and pet can be re-united.

Suyling Heurich Suyling Heurich
Jan '15

Suyling - There is a thread on that cat already.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/663951

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '15

Hannah - is this Nancy's cat? I saw your post on FB and immediately came here since I knew there was a post on a missing cat just like the one you found. Please keep us posted if it hers.

townie65 townie65
Jan '15

Townie Nancy is looking into it. We shall see!!!!

littlelu littlelu
Jan '15

Re: Missing Maine Coon cat in College View

Update!
It's been almost a month and sadly no one
has claimed this beautiful girl. I am attaching
an updated picture and giving it one last gallant effort.
If you feel this is your missing cat please email
me.
She is doing wonderful in our home. She is
starting to come out from hiding regularly now.
Allowing us to pet her, hold her and play with
her. Oh and boy she can eat like a pig. Lol!
If no one claims her this last attempt we are
keeping this beauty :)

Jacqui Jacqui
Feb '15

Thanks for the update, Jacqui. Your awesome for taking her in. It breaks my heart when I see animals out if this aweful weather.

Thanks again.

littlelu littlelu
Feb '15

This does look alot like "ollie" a cat that went missing a while back...the original poster was Vickie Hennion,,She posted on another thread a few days back. I don't knowhow to copy/past the thread to my post tho

Hockeymom115 Hockeymom115
Feb '15

She's a beautiful cat..I think she's one lucky kitty to have found a home.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '15

yes - Bessie I totally agree.....

5catmom 5catmom
Feb '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.