Gynecologist in area

I've already searched old messages, but most have to deal with OB's..... I am past needing an OB. Who is a great Gyno in the Hackettstown area (by great I mean - well trained, up-to-date, VERY knowledgable). Bedside manner is secondary to me. I want the "House" of Gyno's in case anything serious ever occurs.

makin' jam makin' jam
Oct '12

I go to understanding women. They are all well trained, great bedside manner etc. I really like them and feel extremely comfortable with this practice.

Dr. Paxton---he's part of a team in Hackettstown. I went to him recently and was VERY pleased

ziggy ziggy
Oct '12

I second Understanding Women. I always feel so comfortable there. Highly recommend!!!

c_d21
Oct '12

dr parimi , hackettstown

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Oct '12

Dr. Parimi is excellent!

Tigermom
Oct '12

Dr. Uzbay is the best in town !! Friendly, knowledgeable & a great bedside manner!!

Mommy of Two Mommy of Two
Oct '12

Dr. Uzbay / Understanding Women!

trekster3 trekster3
Oct '12

All About Women

luckyleo luckyleo
Oct '12

All about Women!!!

Mansfield5 Mansfield5
Oct '12

Where is Dr. Parimi located? Is her office next to Bottle King on Rt 57 Mansfield, or is that closed down?

Went to Uzbay years ago, never again. Have been to All About Women and although the doctors seem nice, the office women are not. They don't listen to what you tell them and when you are speaking with one of them, the other 3 or 4 stop what they are doing and stare and listen to what you are discussing with the other one. So, I may be looking for another doctor to go to also.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Oct '12

All About Women.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '12

i went to Hackettstown Midwives and theyre amazing, they are out of network insurance but their fee is very fair!

icicle icicle
Oct '12

Patients with Medicare Insurance be aware!

Understanding Women OB/GYN & Dr. Uzbay are not enrolled in Medicare and Medicare will not accept or pay claims from this practice.

If you have secondary insurance, you must first file a claim with Medicare and wait for them to give you a formal denial of payment before you can file with your secondary insurance and hope that they will pay. Quite a hassle, I went through it.

fusselfrei fusselfrei
Oct '12

Parimi reopened her Hackettstown office a couple of years ago. Yes, it is on Rt 57 next to Bottle King in a brick building in Mansfield.

Tigermom
Oct '12

All About Women is Great!! Had very bad bad visit to Understanding Women. If you need to be seen for an emergency dont even bother with Understanding Women...they will fit you in in a week or so!

Have used Dr. Parimi for many years, she is a good and caring Physician.

Birdy
Oct '12

I just delivered my baby using Understanding Women. Suzanne delivered my little boy and it was a great experience. I thought she was terrific. Def no negatives about her from me.

Kissycat Kissycat
Oct '12

Since you said you are past needing an OB, I would suggest Dr Skoczylas. He delivered my youngest and he was wonderful. I am still a patient of him but if (that is a big IF) i were to have another baby, I would have to switch since he retired from OB part. Charlotte (his wife) and Sonia in the office are wonderful too. I left Understanding Woman after my first pregnancy to go to him. He was not my OB but he was there assisting in my c/s with other covering doctor (Parimi again she was not my OB either) and he came to check on me the next day to make sure I was okay. He wasn't even covering for my practice but came in to check on me anyway.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Oct '12

Understanding Women. Dr. lisa Uzbay is kind, caring and bright. You'll love her!

I love Dr. Uzbay and her staff is wonderful!!

Rhonda Rhonda
Oct '12

Thank you for all the kind words.

Dr. Uzbay's Staff Dr. Uzbay's Staff
Oct '12

Next to the hospital...Its Dr. Andolino, Dr. Maugeri, Dr. Paxton, Dr. Rawlins! Under "Medical Center Partners OB/GYN". They are FANTASTIC!!! And the office staff is soo nice and caring!!! HIGHLYYYYYY reccommend! Used to be at All about Women..wouldn't go back if you paid me!!!!

Dr Maugeri and Rawlins are the best!!! : )

Britt63 Britt63
Oct '12

I see Dr. Andolino there, she's great. I agree the office staff is very nice and so friendly.

jrsemom jrsemom
Oct '12

@jrsemom and @Britt63... forgive the dumb question here ... i currently go to Dr. Canova @ All About Women and am looking to switch ... so I checked online with my insurance carrier to see if Dr. Andolino (and others in that group were covered ... and they are), however my insurance company lists them at same address/suite # as All About Women ... just with different phone # ... wondering if they are all part of the same group now or if my insurance company has wrong addresses, etc.??

AB, this is the address for them
653 Willow Grove Street
(908)441-140

It is in the medical building right next to the hospital. They are not part of the same group. Dr. Andolino and the others are a group called Medical Center Partners OB/GYN Hope that helps.

jrsemom jrsemom
Oct '12

SueR, I corrected myself and quickly apologized, what else can I do. I have no idea how to do that anyways. If someone is reading this post, I'm sure they're reading the whole thing. At least I hope.

Someone
Oct '12

I recommend the hackettstown midwives hands down. you cant get better care than with them.

Natalie
Oct '12

Someone: Many people don't read the whole thread and might have missed your apology. SueR made a good suggestion and the post was removed. So all is good.

Just an FYI, Dr. Andolino is not board certified. Not sure if the other doctors in that group are or not.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '12

Calico according to the hospitals webpage she is board certified. Where did you see that she isn't.

http://www.hrmcnj.org/hrmc2.asp?CategoryName=Meet%20Our%20Doctors

jrsemom jrsemom
Oct '12

Well for those who missed, I'd skip All About Women's practice because they did surgery on me, messed up, and told me after to my face that it wasn't even necessary to do.

Someone
Oct '12

Someone: You're welcome.

All about Women, is in the same building as Medical Center Partners, actually right next door at 653 Willow Grove St, Medical Center Partners is Suite 2200, I cant remember what All about Women is, but its litteraly the door before it. :)

Britt63 Britt63
Oct '12

Jrse - On the provider directory for Horizon BC/BS.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '12

Dr. Andolino is most certainly Board Certified. Thanks for pointing this error out, we will have BC/BS correct their mistake. For verification, you can go to www.abog.org (American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology). We appreciate your feedback.

Michaeleen - HRMC Michaeleen - HRMC
Oct '12

When I look for a great doctor, I'm willing to travel out of the area if I need to. If you don't get a good feeling about local doctors, look a little east, maybe Morristown.

If you are looking to go to a practice that truly undestands a womens needs AFTER we are done having children, I would suggest Dr Khalida Sharafi. She is part of a practice of women Gyn's with2 offices: 1 in Succasauna and 1 in Morristown. They are associated with Morristown Hospital and they are all caring and listen well.

Suelou Suelou
Oct '12

Just an FYI and could be old news, called to make an appt the other day and found out Dr Parimi has retired. So now I'm trying to find a new doctor and am finding that some doctors no longer are in Hackettstown, yet still show up on Horizons search feature. Recording says to get your files from Dr Parimi send a written request to her office address. Now to find someone new

Bessie Bessie
Aug '14

I don't know what is going on but every year when I make my annual appointment, there are new doctors! I haven't seen the same doctor more than once! I've been going to the office next to the hospital and I like it there but it's just very annoying that I can't see the same person or the same few people year after year.

JB0103 JB0103
Nov '14

Public Service Announcement - don't confuse this thread with the Gyro one or it may lead to some embarrassment.

I had no idea that Dr. Parimi had retired until I read this thread. Have been going to her for about 14 years, have no idea who to try now.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Nov '14

Rich I thought the same thing ! Lol

Missrx Missrx
Nov '14

I'll never eat tzatziki sauce again...

ianimal ianimal
Nov '14

Well now that someone changed the thread name from "Gyno in area", my 'attempt at humor' post above, comparing it to the "Gyro in Area" thread, makes no sense. Please delete it.

Rich, I was just about to look for the gyro thread. I thought there might be recipes.

Right now there is only one doctor at Medical Center Partners.....has anyone been to him?

JB0103 JB0103
Nov '14

I followed Dr Andolino to an office in Landing. Dr. Magueri also works out of this office now too.

smilingbecs smilingbecs
Nov '14

I saw Dr. Andolino once and liked her. Where is her office located?

JB0103 JB0103
Nov '14

there is more than one doctor at Medical Center Partners - was there in September and saw a female doctor.

Poppy Girl
Nov '14

Hmmm...I just called this week to make an appointment and they told me they only had one doctor, a male.

What is the name of the doctor you saw?

JB0103 JB0103
Nov '14

Andolino's office is at 150 Lakeside Blvd in Landing. 973-831-2777

smilingbecs smilingbecs
Nov '14

I checked Skylands Medical and they have 3 doctors working there and Dr. Andolino isn't one of them. I think a lot of these websites need to updated!! It's very hard to find a doctor when nothing is updated!!

Medical Center Partners only lists one doctor, Dr. Forrester. She is no longer there.

JB0103 JB0103
Nov '14

I urge you to read reviews on Lisa uzbay. I had a high risk pregnancy and switched to a great practice in morristown! It's only 35 mins away if you take the back roads. Dr. Iammatteo.

NoUseForAname NoUseForAname
Nov '14

I assure you Andolino is at the number I provided as I'm pregnant and just saw her last week for a check up. The other doctor there is Dr. Shah (I think thats the name).

smilingbecs smilingbecs
Nov '14

I go to Dr. Immatteo also. He's the best, not all warm and fuzzy but an EXCELLENT doctor.

megan megan
Nov '14

I used to go to Dr Parimi but when I called for an appointment six months ago I was told she is closing.

Looking for recommendations for female gyn. Need to get away from all about women !!!

Missrx Missrx
Jan '17

Hackettstown Midwives. Amazing!

HappyTeacher HappyTeacher
Jan '17

I would prefer a doctor. Not a np or midwife but thanks happy teacher

Missrx Missrx
Jan '17

I honestly travel east of here for my doctors.

I'm in transition for an obgyn as well and am trying lifeline medical in Parsippany. Will let you know.

I use Morristown OBGYN. They have offices in Succasunna (right between the Ledgewood Mall and Roxbury Mall on Commerce Drive) and Morristown. The practice is all women, five doctors and a nurse practitioner. I used them for both of my babies and I love them. I prefer some of the doctors over others, but you can choose whomever you want when making an appointment.

http://morristownobgyn.com/index.html

Tracy Tracy
Jan '17

iRun I use Dr. Omay in Denville and been going there for many years. He is awesome and so his staff!

What is wrong with All Avout Women?

Sport
Jan '17

Dr. Shah in Parsippany. She has two NPs that work with her too, but they're all great.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Jan '17

Sport - I personally don't like All About Women. I went there for years. Felt like MY concerns about MY health fell on deaf ears there. I also prefer to see a doctor not a NP and the women who book the appointments are quite snotty when you ask to see the doctor. I finally got an appointment with the doctor and it was clear she didn't review my chart and was quite rude to me. I finally had enough and switched back to a doctor out of the area.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Jan '17

Has anyone tried the new Dr. Who replaced Dr. Uzbay?

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Jan '17

Nature Lover, I have been to the doctor that replaced Dr. Uzbay and I do like her. I have never been to this "new" office. Is it a nice office?

rose123 rose123
Sep '17

Understanding Women is now under a new name.... Atlantic Health something? It's still on Bilby. I've been going there for over 10 years and don't have one complaint. I am always flexible about who I see, they all seem knowledgable and have made me comfortable.

I love understanding women but yeah they are now apart of atlantic health so there name changed. I like louise saunders shes all ive been going too but i have gone to Omoikhefe Akhigbe and i didnt care for her she seemed very rude

Happy127 Happy127
Sep '17

I'm in my 50's and my Dr moved away, last week I went Women to Women in Doctors park, I saw Dr. Lisa Defalco, she was wonderful. The office staff was also wonderful, as a new patient I filled out the forms and went right in. My appointment was at 1:00 I was out of there by 2:10. The nurse talk to you first, then the Dr. came in for interview, she left you got undress, as we all hate., she came back and was very through on everything. She made this appointment that we all hate okay

Saak, Does Dr Defalco have rights to any other hospital than Hackettstown?

Summer fun
Sep '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.