Found Cat in Panther Valley

Found Cat in Panther Valley

This beautiful tuxedo cat has been at my home on Mockingbird since last Monday. I believe that it is a female but cannot say for sure. She is playful, gentle, affectionate, and has to be, or was, someone's pet.
She does not belong to the gentleman who posted on a separate thread that he lost a black cat in Panther Valley. (His cat does not have any white markings.)
I am hoping to find her owner soon so that I do not have to take her to one of the animal rescue organizations. I have contacted PVPOA and the animal control officer in case someone calls them regarding a missing cat.
If you recognize this kitty or know someone who has lost their pet, please email me so that I can get her back to her family. I am trying to remain confident that someone did not just abandon her. She is just too sweet for someone to mistreat her!

Diane Diane
Aug '12

I hope you find her owner. I know what you mean about hoping someone didn't abandon her. We've been feeling the same about the sweet orange cat we took in a couple weeks ago. Good luck!

Trying to Help Trying to Help
Aug '12

Trying to help are you in Panther Valley and if so was the orange cat you took in slightly long haired male? I had one who used to come to my house for food everyday, I named him George and made a vet appointment (twice) to get him nuetered (sp?) then he stopped showing up. If it is him I'm glad you took him in. I tried to get him in a few times but he wasn't a fan of my dogs.

LAS - Previous thread started by "Trying to help" with a picture and the details about the Highland/Russling location:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/441614

Thanks for the link....unfortunately it's not George...I hope hes ok.

I did live in PV until this past April. Sorry but I did not take that particular cat in as the previous post shows. Maybe someone else took him in.

Trying to Help Trying to Help
Aug '12

For those of you who live in Panther Valley - did you read the article in this month's Panther regarding the number of stray cats in the Valley? It is overwhelming the local rescue group, PAL, who has been trying to help these stray cats, their budget is about gone. If anyone can help, I know the group would appreciate it.

Birdy
Aug '12

As a PV resident I realize that stray cats have a negative effect on the overall ecosystem in our very pretty part of the Skylands... but as a cat lover I like seeing them around as long as they behave and aren't hit by cars. (I'm sure there are a million stories of cats destroying peoples' gardens and what-have-you.)

Hopefully the residents can coexist with the stray cats (I wouldn't call them feral since many of them seem to be friendly or at least familiar with humans). I've also noticed a jump in the deer population; they are totally unafraid of humans and will just give you a look as you drive by.

Matt D Matt D
Aug '12

Hi Diane - I think that's our Djembe. He's been missing for weeks and we didn't know what to do to look for him, we've called around to local shelters and nothing.

He is (was) a black cat with white markings. Very bright green eyes.

We live at 115B Goldfinch Drive in Panther Valley.

Thank you!
Erin

Diane - If you haven't given him up yet we'd love to come by to see if it's our Djembe.

We're home all day tomorrow (sunday) Sept. 23rd
I also have additional photos of him if you'd like me to send for confirmation. Thank you for taking care of him for us.

Best,
Erin

Erin, was it your cat? It would be so awesome if you were back together.

Ingrid Ingrid
Sep '12

Re: Found Cat in Panther Valley

The cat that Diane found was taken in by PAL and she is now up for adoption. Her new name is Serena and she beautiful and so affectionate! I can’t believe that anyone could have just left her behind, but, unfortunately that’s exactly what’s happened to so many of the cats that are taken in by PAL.
(Sorry - the picture doesn't do her justice)

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.