Singles

I was wondering if anyone knows where to meet NICE, single ladies in the area.

Newen Newen
Aug '12

Yes, I do.

Firefly Firefly
Aug '12

Where were you meeting the NOT NICE single ladies?

How old...... single friend who is 30 :)

morganmommy morganmommy
Aug '12

Firefly send me the details

Morganmommy....perfect choice!

Maja; you dont want to know. Do you?

Newen Newen
Aug '12

Think about it......Any nice, single lady living in Hackettstown must want to STAY single! LOL. ;)

NICE? Or nice? The NICE street corner business is not that active in H town. The nice ones, you'll just have to not sit at home reading this forum and fate will bring you together with a nice girl. Get out of the house.

itdontmatter
Aug '12

Nice is such a stupid word. If someone smiles at you does that make them nice ?

jerseycash5
Aug '12

I asked the same question about where to meet nice single guys in the area, and no one could answer that.

AliciaStill AliciaStill
Aug '12

Forget "nice". Anybody can be nice if they want to be.

"Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies."

Proverbs 31 RJ love the ruby part...

reedfamilyrocks reedfamilyrocks
Aug '12

Not many singles in the area. Mostly traditional families.

lisa102 lisa102
Aug '12

Im 27 whos single and its tough meeting new girls. Not confident enough i guess.

AliciaStill Mike would be an ideal try!

Newen Newen
Aug '12

This just isn't a good area for singles, I'm 35 and I've only ever dated one guy that was local. I actually had someone tell me recently there must be something wrong with me because I don't have any children.

AliciaStill AliciaStill
Aug '12

Unfortunately it is a hard area to meet singles as everyone is saying. I mean you can go the usual route of the bar, but then are you truly meeting a nice person in the right atmosphere? Try places you enjoy going to: car events, sporting events, the library, small concert. You may be able to find someone there that has similar interests and form a relationship from there. Good Luck :-)

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Aug '12

All single people need to know how to strike up a conversation when they see someone they are interested. You will not get a second chance so grab the opportunity. Put yourself out there and deal with whatever happens. You might just meet your wife/husband.

Firefly Firefly
Aug '12

Well said Firefly. Volunteering is another way to meet people who share your interests.

mansfield mama mansfield mama
Aug '12

Thanks for the advice everybody

Get on PlentyOFish.com and go fishing! Good luck.

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Aug '12

I have a single daughter who's been looking for a "nice" man. Maybe it's time for a HL singles get together. If enough singles are interested, I'd be willing to help put it together.

awakeagain awakeagain
Aug '12

I tried doing a singles happy hour. And its not about drinking (cause I am a one drink and done kind of girl). It was supose to be just meeting new people.

Alot of people say to go through MeetMe, which is different groups (hiking group, wine tasting group, etc) and you can meet with people with the same interests.

I have done the whole singles internet sites and I dont think I have meet anyone "normal".

If everyone is interested, I will set up another singles happy hour!!

Just asking Just asking
Aug '12

Happy hour sounds good

I dont come on this forum too often so ill have to check out when the happy hour is

@ Mike and Newen, If you have a dog, take it for walks in parks and pubic places. Women have a tendency to approach a stranger with a dog and strike up a conversation. Believe me it works, proven from my own experience. Puppies work really well. Most women can't resist a cute puppy! Pit bulls and shepperds may scare them though. If you don't have a dog, borrow one!!! LOL Good luck guys!!!

Yea i have a 8 year old pure bred black lab who probably can do the trick

I will admit dogs definitely do the trick!!! @Mike -a lab is a lovable dog and women will love to come over, pet the dog, and then it is the perfect time for you to start a conversation. Perfect opportunity

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Aug '12

how old r you looking for? stay away from plenty of fish god is that awful. Perhaps this forum will open another page for a meeting place or gathering

tangerine tangerine
Aug '12

Good comment Newen. Perhaps I should ask...Who is single in hackettstown and searching?...like me LOL

Newen Newen
Aug '12

hi im a funny honest romantic single guy 55 looking for a pretty lady.

brian brian
Aug '12

This is the WORST area for being single. I'm originally from E. Jersey and am thinking about moving back...or at least out of this town. I miss the variety of restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. I don't know what it is but I have not dated anyone locally. I feel like you just run into the same faces again and again. Just not enough to do around here or actually places to go. Only a limited number of bars and you run into the same people. When I do meet people it's always when I travel way outside of town.
Also, I agree that POF is horrible. I'm sure there is a few honest men on there but a lot of them are men that are married or in relationships and just playing games and looking for fun. I think a lot of free dating websites you have to be wary about.

I met the guy I have been dating the past 5 years on match.com and he is from Mansfield. The guy I dated previously I also met on match, although he was from randolph.

I have met a few decent guys on POF, but you really need to throw a few back in the water before you find one to take home, as is with any dating site. It does work, it just takes time. Give it a try, but be selective.

Rodeosweetheart Rodeosweetheart
Aug '12

My son met his future wife(wedding this November) on E Harmony..They had So much in common and he said it was better than POF...just a thought..

reedfamilyrocks reedfamilyrocks
Aug '12

How about Wednesday the 22nd at Applebees in Hackettstown from 6 to 8? Give me some feedback

Just asking Just asking
Aug '12

I will be in the area that night and can stop by before I go to work. I am not single but it is always fun to meet new HL people. Just asking is an awesome girl and we will have fun.

Aug '12

i think my schedule is free

I am a single lady age 50... really difficult in this area. A singles meet up would be great.. Although, I am working a 12 hour shift tomorrow. :(

lisa102 lisa102
Aug '12

i'm gonna pack up all the pain,
i been keeping in my heart,
i'm gonna catch me the fastest train,
i'm gonna make me a brand new start

but that's ok,
tomorrows gonna be another day.
and i don't care what you say,
cause tomorrows gonna be,
tomorrows gonna be
tomorrows gonna be another day, day, day

they tell me there's a lot of fish
swimin in the deep blue sea
now 'm gonna catch me a pretty one
and she'll be good to me

but that's ok,
tomorrows gonna be another day,
and i don;t care what you say,
because tomorrows gonna be,
tomorrows gonna be,
tomorrows gonna be another day, day , day

hey, hey , hey, hey !

monkees 1966

good luck to you in your search, i don't know you, but have added you to my list,

you want to meet someone nice, go the the grocery store and/or the Laundromat, because the responsibly attractive person you're looking for is shopping carefully for good food and wanting to wear clean clothes. both positive things to do, so go there and keep your eyes open.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '12

lisa102...next wed at Applebees Aug 22 tomorrow is the 15th

Firefly Firefly
Aug '12

Lisa,
Tomorrow is the 15th. The plan is for next week.

MikeL MikeL
Aug '12

I tried eharmony and match and honestly all I got were perverts!!! I have heard great success stories however with people on those sites so that may be worth a try as well!

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Aug '12

Lisa, I hope you can make next week.

I posted a new thread so the Mods can pin on top. I dont care who shows up just dont leve me sitting at the bar by myself.

See y'all on the 22nd

Just asking Just asking
Aug '12

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I guess I'm going to be. mansfield mama said she's going to go anyway, and she's not single. This is what happened another time someone tried to organize a singles meet up, no one single actually went.

AliciaStill AliciaStill
Aug '12

I thought the same thing...you'd have to wear a name tag, or bring a metal detector for rings, I guess. Defeats the purpose if you have to sort out 'taken's. Just logical, not that you're being a jerk, because I immediately went into 'why'?

INeedMoreCowBell INeedMoreCowBell
Aug '12

can i come not single...but will bring my singl friend:)

moraganmommy moraganmommy
Aug '12

You want to come and hang out with Single people, come. If you have a single friend who isnt busy that night bring them with you.

"This is what happened another time someone tried to organize a singles meet up, no one single actually went. - AliciaStill "

I pretty much go to all the Happy Hours, so I know at one person was single. :-)

Life is short, enjoy yourselves. No Drama or negative comments (until after you meet all of us)

Just asking Just asking
Aug '12

go get em' JA , i'm on your side

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '12

I'm not trying to start drama, but I've experienced this too much. Already frustrated by having trouble meeting people, and then go to something listed as a singles event, start chatting with people only the find out the person I'm talking to is already attached. It sucks, and it happens a lot.

JA - It is really nice of you to organize this.

AliciaStill AliciaStill
Aug '12

JA is a great person and I am happy to know her. Hope we have a big group at Applebees on the 22ncd.

Aug '12

I will make sure to tell everyone am married

morganmommy morganmommy
Aug '12

I guess I can't bring my kids either?

emaxxman emaxxman
Aug '12

Emaxxman, I would say you're correct..I think Clyde was going to go but since he's not single..it's a no go.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '12

Hey everyone.. I work 12 hour shifts every wed... :(

lisa102 lisa102
Aug '12

Emaxxman - My kids have been to many Happy Hours. They wont be at this one because of football. But I would say its your call.

I completely understand the kid thing, you want to go out and have adult time but the kids need to eat too. You can put them at a bar table and mingle between them and the bar. Up to you, trying to be accomadating to everyone.

Just asking Just asking
Aug '12

I was just kidding regarding the kids...meeting other singles is not quite their thing at the moment. :-)

emaxxman emaxxman
Aug '12

Just bumping this thread up to remind everyone to come to Applebees on wednesday

Just asking Just asking
Aug '12

I don't get it. Someone started a Seniors Meet,but you did'nt have to be a senior.Now a Singles Meet,but you do'nt have to be single.Is'nt there a meet for all HLers? Confused ????????????

Longhorn Longhorn
Aug '12

Longhorn: Sure! Breakfast every Sunday, supper at the Legion every Friday, lunches once a month, various happy hours. Come on out....or post something you'd like to do and we'll come to yours.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.