Stabbing victim in Hackettstown.

Came across this article. I'm glad my wife doesn't get this violent when she's mad.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2012/07/hackettstown_woman_uses_scisso.html

villani villani
Jul '12

I thought the full moon was this week owch!.

darlughh darlughh
Jul '12

nothing good ever happens at 2:30 in the morning

darwin darwin
Jul '12

He probably offended her . I think we should wait for the whole story before passing judgement on Jackie.

jerseycash5
Jul '12

"nothing good ever happens at 2:30 in the morning"

Speak for yourself. ;)

thats what happens when you piss off a hairdresser! Huzzah!

JFdaGR8
Jul '12

Huzzah?

really?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/domestic-violence-against-men/MY00557

Erik B. Anderson Erik B. Anderson
Jul '12

I live in the neighborhood and all of the times the cops have come out to ValleyView Woods it has been because of these two idiots. They argue ALL the time and this is not a surprise to me.
I just hope they both come to their senses and not live under the same roof.

moyala12 moyala12
Jul '12

If they live together then this is domestic violence. She should be in jail.

Interesting that the bail here is 5,000 dollars and the bail for the attempted armed robbery at the BP gas station is 25,000 dollars. I wonder what the reason for the disparity is.

As for the "he probably offended her" comment, as Aesop says:

"Every tyrant has a pretext for [her] tyranny."

Jul '12

Hmmmmm....I live in the neighborhood and have never heard of them. Interesting to say the least.

Christine Christine
Jul '12

"I think we should wait for the whole story before passing judgement on Jackie."

You must be new around here, lol...

ianimal ianimal
Jul '12

"I think we should wait for the whole story before passing judgement on Jackie."

she was 'offended' so she stabbed him. makes perfect sense.

People are nuts. Sigh....

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '12

"He probably offended her . I think we should wait for the whole story before passing judgement on Jackie."

You offend me, so i guess i can stab you. Yay!

i have christine, i have funny stories!!

JFdaGR8
Jul '12

If he called her fat, he got what he deserved !
;-)

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

happy girl
Jul '12

it's too bad there was no domestic violence shelter for him to go to

Jul '12

Do tell JFdaGR8!

Christine Christine
Jul '12

@Erik B......lmao!

villani villani
Jul '12

Re: Stabbing victim in Hackettstown.

there's a meme for everything

Jul '12

"it's too bad there was no domestic violence shelter for him to go to"

there is - it's the local bar!

Firefly Firefly
Jul '12

The shelter would be his girl friends house.

PREDATOR PREDATOR
Jul '12

@villani,

the shelter comment wasn't meant as a joke

Jul '12

She was also arrested in April this year it was listed on FB hackettstown police page. Nice job!!

We should start a legal defense fund for Jackie. Maybe a tricky tray or Chinese auction. Any ideas ?

jerseycash5
Aug '12

Would it not be more appropriate to start a fund to raise money for the victim?

Aug '12

@jerseycash5
Do you always raise funds for abusers?

JonStevens JonStevens
Aug '12

Ooops! My bad. Took it as a joke.
And I agree...if anything, raise money for the victim not the stabber. I hope jerseycash5 is joking ...I would hope so...lol

villani villani
Aug '12

Please! Neither one needs funds raised for them. Sounds like they fight often, so they need to fend for themselves.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Aug '12

jerseycash5 was joking.

Wonder if Jackie will blame it on PMS?

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '12

I love feisty girls...On my way now to bail her out.

PREDATOR PREDATOR
Aug '12

A domestic violence shelter for men, and a fundraiser?? Give me a break!!!

Denis Denis
Aug '12

Domestic violence shelter for men...Thats called a Brothel.

PREDATOR PREDATOR
Aug '12

Reaction To Women Abusing Men In Public
http://youtu.be/LlFAd4YdQks

see also the video linked on my name, or just search youtube for "domestic violence against men"

Aug '12

Any update on how Jackie is doing ? I tried calling her but all I got was voice mail. I'd like to start out by making her a steak dinner. Maybe the rest iof you will step up to the plate. Sometimes a little support is all a girl needs.

jerseycash5
Aug '12

That video just proves how absurd the whole premise is. There is a huge difference between a woman being psychically overpowered by a man, and forced not to move, and a man who chooses to sit there and get hit.

Denis Denis
Aug '12

I have a feeling you're going to spin it your way no matter what video I post. Did you click on my name like I mentioned to see the man who was set on fire by his domestic abuser? It must be so absurd for him to sit there while his flesh melts off, right? Am I right, Denis? Huzzah!

/s

Aug '12

Denis - that's extremely sexist and anti-egalitarian.

theHHSinformant theHHSinformant
Aug '12

@theHHSinformant it's not sexist to point out the evident truth that when it comes to psychical violence, women are much more vulnerable then men. It's called living in the real world, not the egalitarian politically correct world.

@Erik, I was pointing out that the idea of a shelter for battered men is absurd, as is the idea of a fundraiser. I also was pointing out the fact that the video you posted, defeats your premise that the 2 should be treated the same. Example one, woman is psychically over powered, and forced to sit there. Example 2, the man CHOOSES to sit there. You posted it, not me. Didn't click on the video of the guy getting set on fire, yes that's a bad thing, but doesn't contradict anything Iv'e said, just a random extreme example.

Denis Denis
Aug '12

did you watch the video, Denis? it's 9 minutes long

http://youtu.be/56Agy4bTv6Y

the guy who got set fire is just a part of the first segment

here's another video of a man who was attacked by a seam irons, boiling water and a hammer

http://youtu.be/ZGDTDawB4wE

Don't you know that you are making it harder to report abuse, Denis? Who gave you the authority to tell me whether I can post youtube videos about this? I don't need your permission. All victims should find the strength to come forward. Despite your attempts to marginalize half the population's

the idea for a fundraiser for an attempted murderer is absurd. my comment was a response to that comment by jerseycash5. if the victim were a woman, would my comment really be absurd?

also, the idea of a domestic violence shelter only for women is discriminatory and illegal, though it's made legal by sexist and chivalrous laws

Aug '12

As a victim of abuse... Erik I get your point that abuse can go both ways.

However facts are facts. The fact is most times a man (often being stronger) has the ability to leave but due to psychological reasons he often doesn't. The fact still remains that more women are abused then men, at least statistically. For example, my father suffered my mothers psychological abuse for years until he was a shell of a man, but he stayed none the less and I once let a man beat me unconscious to prove that I was not abusive by fighting back.
Now Erik, before you go thinking I am supporting you... what I am trying to say is that not one of us knows what happened here. There are many factors in this story and we are not privy to them, nor should we be. It is their personal issues that led to this event and it is a shame that whatever went on between this couple got to this point.
So Erik I agree with many of your points but I am not sure this event warrants you getting on your soap box to support either party.

Abuse sucks, and it happens everyday. It is hard for someone to understand who has not been subjected to it. There are a myriad of factors involved and often a person who is abused holds it in for so long that at some point they lose it.. sometimes ....(and I am not saying this is the case) it leads to an epic event such as a stabbing or a murder.

But like I said, we have no idea so we have no right to stand on a soap box and preach about who the abuser may be in this instance.
What we can say is that apparently this couple is in a toxic relationship and that needs to be addressed. Both sides need therapy to come to terms with what happened between them. Furthermore, they will need to get the help to change their habits so that abuse doesn't persist or repeat.

Abuse can ruin your life I know that first hand. Furthermore, once it is there it is hard to not (wash, rinse and repeat).

I would like to offer prayers to both parties that they may heal physically and emotionally and that abuse may not rule their life either as a victim or an abuser.

myangel3842 myangel3842
Aug '12

myangel, it sounds like you've come a long way! Sorry for what you went through, but you sure sound like you/ve come out of it on top!!

abbadabbadoooo abbadabbadoooo
Aug '12

I don't think Erik was supporting either party. I think Erik was making a point - why is it a joke when a man is hurt in a domestic violence situation? Because regardless of what led to the act, this was domestic violence, period. And I hate to break it to those macho men out there, but long-term abuse of a man by a woman is possible and does happen. Yes, it requires a certain codependency on the part of the abused man. But then so does long-term abuse of a woman by a man, because rarely is the abused locked in a room or overpowered every waking moment. These things are complex psychologically and emotionally, it is rarely if ever about sheer physical strength.

Aquarius Aquarius
Aug '12

adbada... Thanks a bunch.

Aquarius, point taken.

I guess it see it as when people are uncomfortable sometimes they joke, it isnt always in the best of taste. It can seem heartless at times but I can say that joking about my own situation has often helped me to cope.

For example. "Sorry I forgot... but then again I have been hit in the head alot.." To me it is a way of making light of what otherwise would be an uncomfortable situation.

And I understand that on this forum we tend to forget that often victims and grieving families read these comments and it upsets them.

Simply stated... to those of who make jokes or make light of these tragic situations please understand that somewhere out there is someone who has been negatively affected by this.

Freedom of speech protects us and gives us the right to say or write whatever we want regarding these situations but, that being said, we should be more sensitive in what we post in these situations.

myangel3842 myangel3842
Aug '12

Thank you, Aquarius. Spot on.

Aug '12

Denis? "Who gave you the authority to tell me whether I can post youtube videos about this?" Where did I say you couldn't?? I just said I didn't bother to watch. Post away. Sorry there is a difference between the sexes, biology 101. I feel I've made my point, and the video you have in your link here illustrates it perfectly! Example one, overpowered and forced to take it, example 2 chooses to sit there and take it. I'm done with this thread.

Denis Denis
Aug '12

Example 2 is acting.

Aug '12

Your point is illustrated by nothing.

Aug '12

Erik ~ not opposing your view. Violence is violence and is not right on either the male or female side. Here's another video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGcAzX9E3qU&feature=related

May people and society learn to deal with their differences without violence and hate, we can only hope . .

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Aug '12

Not sure the whole facts are out, and maybe this is just a grapevine getting out of control . Either way lets wait untill star mag or enquire reports all facts!! This im sure was a fight that between two people with a few drinks at that hr went ary- and a stupid situation happened jealously, on both party's ... Who knows ? I know Jackie and she is a very nice person and as a single parent , woman who have made there own way and had to make money for keeping a life for there children maybe others sometimes burn out in ways no one not even her will under stand soo please don't judge untill you walk those shoes I'm sure her pain for a minute of stupidity will be her justice Knowing her it will!!! Again she is is wonderful person

Wise and older Wise and older
Aug '12

it's a newsworthy event... a matter of public interest...as is the fact that the victim is being blamed here in this thread and anyone trying to make a point about that is being lectured by an allegedly "wise and older" poster who says they are sure, then they're not sure then "who knows?" in three sentences

you may think you know Jackie, but are you sure? are you not sure? how can you judge that she is a very nice person if you don't want people to judge her for being a not so nice person who stabbed a man with scissors and a piece of wood?

if the genders were reversed, your "very nice, wonderful person" friend would be going down for attempted murder....that's for certain

lots of people, mostly men, are in prison for the rest of their lives for a "minute of stupidity"

Aug '12

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.