Camelbeach questions

We are planning a group outing to Camelbeach later this summer - ages will range from 2 to 68 (if all go). Any suggestions as to whether some of their "on site amenities" are worth the additional rental fees? i.e. Cabanas or picnic tables - also with a wide and varied group which area would be best for the cabana (wave pool, Pharoahs Phortress, or Olympic?)

Also - are there any suggestions as to getting discount tickets/coupons etc? - we will be going with 15-20 people.

Thanks for any/all suggestions!

I am interested in camelbeach, too - has anyone been there recently? How busy does it get on a summer weekday? Are there other water parks that would be better, especially with small children? I'd be interested in any feedback out there!

spence spence
Jul '12

If you order your tickets online and print them you will save several dollars off of each ticket. Print your passes before leaving home and avoid the lines!

red76nj red76nj
Jul '12

We went to camelbeach a couple of weekends ago as my stepdaughter is a lifeguard there..........I was really impressed! Its HUGE with a ton of really fun slides for all ages. The food was good and a big selection and everything was really clean. I highly reco based on my experience. If you have a large group, I def reco the cabana option as its nice to have shade and a private area for your group. We may go back this weekend. My reco is to get there first thing in am before the afternoon crowds come! 10am open time i believe.

curly curly
Jul '12

You will have a wonderful time! We go every year, always on a weekday. We usually get there at noon and stay till closing. I would definately plan to bring food and drinks as the food can be quite costly. The cabanas are a good idea, the older and younger people in the group may need a break from the sun. I also would call for group rates. have a great time!

soooo me
Jul '12

With a huge group like yours I would get the cabana. If your bringing food it will work for you. We usually just sit by the wave pool and snag a picnic table at the picnic area and go back and forth while the kids do the rides.

Have a great time. Oh you can also go to any WAWA and get discount tickets also. Or on 611 Billy's Diner had them on his counter a couple fo weeks ago.

Christine Christine
Jul '12

I am going to disagree with everyone (shocking I know). We go every year with the cub scouts. So much fun for all ages.
Call up there and talk to group sales. With that many people you can get a group rate. I believe this year came to around $25. We all meet at the Rock to give out the wristbands, once you check in at group sales.
While there you are moving from area to area. So I would nix the Cabana. Every area has chairs and lounge chairs and shade. And you only get one cabana, so you could have a cabana at the wave pool but spend the day at the Eygpt playground, they arent close to one another.
I would get tables in the tent area. So worth the $10 bucks (I think). Its a great place to meet up and leave your coolers. you can come and go at the tables. The only rule with the coolers is no glass or alcohol. They give you another wristband so only people that have a table can get into the area. You are assigned tables so no one will be taking your tables. At the end of the day, you can all meet there and get dressed to go home (share babysitting each others kids so that the adults dont have to stuggle in the bathrooms).
Alot of walking and waiting in line on concrete so watershoes are your friend there. Sometimes the ground is hot so the shoes are awesome (there on sales at Walmart for like $5)
And have fun. We go on a Sunday and there hasnt been a lot of people there. No camps on Sundays and it seems most people go home on Sundays or church or something, so again not alot of people.

Just asking Just asking
Jul '12

I agree totally with Just asking. We go every year and we order our tickets on line 4 tickets for $99. And we also rent a picnic table in the picnic area $10. We bring our own food and drinks which saves quite a bit of money. Pull up to the dropoff area unload coolers and I wait with the kids while the hubby parks the car. The family really enjoys the park.

Been there done that
Jul '12

Bringing this thread back from the dead.....

Any one been here recently? Any discount coupons around?

Thanks!

Blackcat Blackcat
Jul '15

Thanks for bringing this one back, Blackcat. I was just talking about going as well. Have been before, but its been years. Hoping to hear what it's been like lately, best days of the week/time to go.

where is camel beach?

"Camel Beach" is at the Camelback ski area, Tannersville PA.

I'm surprised no one here is talking about Kalahari. In PA that's the only word you hear for hours at a time... ;-)

We just came back from the new resort area. Loved everything except the food..........UGH, it was tragic. Go for the water, eat out.........

waterslideguy waterslideguy
Jul '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.