Dog grooming question

I'd like to have my small dog groomed and was planning on going back to the place I used about 8 months ago but it seems like they are no longer open for business bc I can't find any info or website. Does anyone know if Jersey Paws in the riverside plaza is still in business?

Kissycat Kissycat
Jul '12

Yes they are. I just spoke with them a few days ago :)

Didn't they shift down to the other end of the Riverside Plaza when Riverside Health Club expanded.

Firefly Firefly
Jul '12

I love scrub a dub doggie on E.Plane st. Lori who is owner and gromer is also a vet tech and has a holoistic approach with all the animals.

I hate to get gross about it, but a number of small dog breeds also need their anal glands "expressed" and some groomers make sure to take care of that. Apparently my neighbor's small hybrid needed taken to the vet because this wasn't being done for their little guy and he started having health issues (infection due to backup). Having owned a "Westie", I know that was something we had to make sure was done on a regular basis, whether by Groomer or Vet.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '12

Hands down Jersey Paws is the best place to go. We were banded from another place in town from the owner b/c our dog was out of control they said. We went to Jersey Paws and she has had no problems with our dog and is as nice as can be.

JD 4020 JD 4020
Jul '12

Has anyone used the mobile groomers? I wonder if it's more expensive that the shop?

Jaemae Jaemae
Jul '12

I use a mobile groomer. It is more expensive than a shop but I had bad experiences with a shop (so did my dog) and I like the fact I can go into the van with her and help (my dog is horrible with being combed). I use Dawn with C'Lassie Cuts. She knows how to express anal glands.

NancyU NancyU
Feb '15

I use Jersey Paws as well. I tried a few groomers around town and Socks just seemed more comfortable there. She doesn't keep the dogs there all day, so there are fewer dogs there at the same time which I think is why he does better there. Last time, they told me he was having a great time with a little yorkie, lol, he used to be afraid of little dogs.

One of the previous groomers let a little dog jump up on him when I dropped him off, which is why little dogs upset him. Then when I picked him up, I was told they had to crate him because he peed on the floor. So not a good experience.

He's a big baby anyway, he gets nervous when I take him to the groomer and I have to walk him into the door to the grooming area. Then, when I pick him up, he's fine and happy as can be. They tell me he had a great time. He usually leans up against Sandie when she's working on another dog on the table. Once I went to pick him up and didn't see anyone. They were sitting on the floor with him behind the desk loving on him. He wasn't eager to go home that day, lol.

Anyway, I found the Jersey Paws website: http://www.jerseypaws.net/

Lynnada Lynnada
Feb '15

If you're looking for a new groomer, I am an in-home dog groomer and would love to groom your pup!

Basically what in-home grooming means is that I come to you and would groom your dog in your home instead of you dropping him off at a salon.

If you're interested or have any questions, please contact me through my website! :)
thelovinggroomer.com

Michelle Michelle
Feb '15

Michelle, this is awesome. I am bookmarking you for spring!

Natalie Natalie
Feb '15

We also use michelle, excellent groomer, reasonable prices and good with your dog.

bluelinr
Feb '15

We now use Michelle, TheLovingGroomer.com, Hannah loves her.
I did not have a problem with the shop I used, in fact I really loved them. Hannah hates the car, she has never gotten used to it despite various efforts on our part.

Michele brings everything, she bathes her and does a full groom plus the anal glands.
She leaves my home clean, you would never know a dog had been groomed here.
Michelle is kind and I can hear her talking to
Hannah, which just warms my heart.
Hannah looks beautiful when she is done. We have her groomed every 6 week or so.
We highly recommend Michelle, she really is The Loving Groomer.

Susan Susan
Feb '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.