Dr. Maugeri (OB/GYN) moves to Hackettstown

If anyone is looking for a new OB/GYN, my wife's doctor just moved into a new practice in Hackettstown. Dr. Joseph Maugeri has been her doctor for nearly 10 years and he delivered our second child. He is a part of the Medical Center Parners in OB & GYN in the medical plaza next to Hackettstown Hospital. 908-441-1404.

Wildstar Wildstar
Jun '12

That is awesome! What became of his partner dr Wallis?? They were together in Rockaway... unless this is a different Maugeri? Dr Wallis delivered my daughter but I saw Maugeri through some of my pregnancy.

myangel3842 myangel3842
Jun '12

Dr Maugeri is awesome, I used to go down to his office in Dover. He was with Dr Wallis. Im so happy he is now right here at HRMC......

bowie bowie
Jun '12

Dr. Maugeri is wonderful! I'm so glad he moved his practice here.

Mom of 1&1 Mom of 1&1
Jun '12

I just switched doctors to Samantha Rowlins, in the same practice, WONDERFUL!

Alicia Alicia
Jun '12

I switched to Dr. Andolino also in the same practice.

jrsemom jrsemom
Jun '12

I went to 5 OB/GYN's before one finally diagnosed my problem...and it was Dr. Maugeri! I used to travel from Phillipsburg to Rockaway for him and I am so happy he's in Hackettstown now (I work in town)!

He's so good at what he does and takes his time with you. I highly suggest anyone looking for a new doc to check him out.

IheartDr.M IheartDr.M
Jul '12

Dr. Maugeri is the BEST doctor! I have been going to him for many years...used to go to him when he was with Dr.Mandel in Succasunna, then followed him to Rockaway office when he joined Dr. Wallis...and will absolutely follow him to HRMC- I already made an appointment there!

Maugerispatient Maugerispatient
Jul '12

Does anyone know why he left the practice with Dr. Wallis?

Just got back from an appointment with Dr Rawlins... Excellent. Really know how to make you feel comfortable and at ease.

Coralie Coralie
Aug '12

I have been a patient of Dr.Maugeri's for over 17 years..I saw him when he was with Dr. Mandell in Succasunna, then followed him to Dover with Dr. Wallis..I was overly thrilled to find out he was taking a position here in Hackettstown (I work at the hospital)..absolutely the most wonderful doctor..I highly recommend him...

hbaker hbaker
Dec '12

KAR...I believe Dr. Wallis is getting ready to retire

hbaker hbaker
Dec '12

Making my first appt with Dr. Maugeri since his move to Hackettstown. He is such a good doctor, he is kind, he is knowledgeable and he is very caring. It will be a bit of a trip from the old office, but well worth it! Now I just have to find the office..........

AMAYE AMAYE
Dec '12

Dr Maugeri is a GREAT doctor! I'm so happy he moved to Hackettstown. In addition, the staff is very kind :-)

I've been a patient of Dr. Maugeri for years. I first saw him in Dover with Dr. Mandell. I then followed him to Rockaway. I was absolutely delighted when I learned he was coming to Hackettstown as part of a new OB/GYN group associated with Hackettstown Regional Medical Center. Dr. Maugeri is kind, caring, and is just a delightful person. I'm thrilled that he has come to the Hackettstown area, and I highly recommend him.

Anne C Anne C
Mar '13

My doctor closed her practice and sent all of our records to Dr Maugeri's office. I'm glad to hear that you all love this practice. Now I just have to decide who to use :)

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Mar '13

I moved here from New York and did not really have any doctors in the area -I have been a patient for over 15 years and he is the best-I refer him to everyone I know-

Joanne J Joanne J
Jun '13

I met Dr. Maugeri today for a routine exam. He is a wonderful Dr. Very polite and I feel he was very thorough. Anyone out there that use to go to Dr. Anscher and is looking for a good GYNOB Dr. This gentleman is it!

Susan Stone Susan Stone
Jun '13

Just an update: Unfortunately, Dr. Maugeri is leaving his group in Hackettstown. Loss for the town! As of 3/3, he can be found in private practice at 150 Lakeside Blvd. Suite 2, Landing, NJ. 973-398-0661. My wife will be following him there.

Wildstar Wildstar
Feb '14

Didn't two other doctors just leave that practice too?

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Feb '14

Thanks, Wildstar. I'm a longtime patient, but I hadn't been notified.

Mom of 1&1 Mom of 1&1
Feb '14

Post cards are being mailed from his new office this week

island 68 island 68
Feb '14

If you phone him at the Hackettstown office, his staff members will not tell you where he's going. Thank you for providing this information. I, too, have followed him everywhere and will continue to do so.

Darleen Darleen
Feb '14

I followed Dr. Maugeri from his Rockaway office to Hackettstown. I just love him! He takes his time with all his patients and really knows what he is doing.

I went misdiagnosed by 4 doctors before a good friend referred me to him 6 years ago. He put me on a medicine that not only made me feel better but allowed me to get pregnant naturally...so I am forever indebted to him!!

I was happy when I heard he was moving to Hackettstown because this is my hometown. However, I was nervous about giving birth at Hackettstown hospital. It does not have emergency equipment for baby or mother. I ended up having a pretty scary birth experience due to some anesthesia problems. So for baby #2 I was thinking of going somewhere else....which broke my heart because I trust and care for Dr. Maugeri.

So to me it's bittersweet that he is leaving. I liked him being around the corner but now that he's delivering out of St. Clare's I will be somewhere safer for myself and baby.

His new contact information as of March 3:
150 Lakeside Blvd.
Landing, NJ
973-398-0661

PVnative PVnative
Feb '14

Why is it that HCH can not keep any Ob/Gyns?

JustAskin JustAskin
Feb '14

I think it's because of the lack of equipment the labor unit has. If anything dangerous were to happen during a delivery or an unexpected complication the doctor's reputation is on the line but they don't have the appropriate emergency equipment to help the mother or baby. God forbid something tragic happened everyone would blame the doctor.

I know when I was planning to give birth at Hackettstown I asked my doctor what would happen if something came up. He told me they would rush us via helicopter to Morristown. That's not very comforting.

Hopefully when Atlantic Healthcare takes over in the next few years they will upgrade all of their medical equipment.

PVnative PVnative
Feb '14

I work at the hospital ,and just found out he was leaving today ! I have been going to him for years. I will follow him to his new practice as long as my new insurance (thru Atlantic) will cover me....

bowie bowie
Feb '14

Got my post card yesterday. He is part of the Skylands Medical Group now. He will be in Landing NJ with the possibility of other offices in neighboring towns in the near future. New number 973-398-0661.

JBJSKJ JBJSKJ
Feb '14

I'm glad I looked at this site. I've been his patient for many years but I haven't gotten anything in the mail.

star mom star mom
Feb '14

I think he's working at the same office as Dr. Andolino now.

smilingbecs smilingbecs
Feb '14

As of March 3rd 2014 Dr Maugeri is now with Skylands Medical Group at 150 Lakeside Blvd, 2nd floor suite 2, Landing NJ 07850 #973-398-0661.

Kcole Kcole
Apr '14

Many thanks to all for the wonderful feedback on Dr. Maugeri and providing his new Contact Address. I've been searching for a new OB/GYN since Dr. Anscher closed his practice. I've been to several OB/GYN but have not found any like Dr. Anscher. So, I will make an appointment to see Dr. Maugeri this week or as soon as possible.

Hackettstown4Ever Hackettstown4Ever
Apr '14

any more feedback on Dr. Maugeri? Hackettstown4ever, did you like him?

justsayin
Jul '14

I would like to clear up a misconception about HCH not having emergency equipment to save a mom or a baby. I had all my children there, 1 of them being premature and did need extra care. I also know several nurses who work there. HCH DOES have emergency equipment, resources, staff and knowlege to save both mother and baby and to initiate live saving measures and CPAP if necessary for a compromised newborn. What HCH does not have is a critical care/NICU to provide continuous care for a newborn that may need ongoing treatment. In the event that a transfer is necessary, it is usually their goal to transfer mom while still pregnant. If delivery is immediate and transfer while still pregnant is not possible, mom can usually be discharged early (as in my case) to be with her baby in Morristown.

BabyJane BabyJane
Nov '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.