Thoughts on Zaytun in Hackettstown

Want some feedback...looks pretty good.

rierie rierie
Apr '12

I'm on a first name basis with Tanya and Moussa, we did a HL lunch there in the past:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/293794

Many other threads with feedback, just do a search.

Food is pretty good. Service is okay, similar to a diner. Prices are excellent and you get a good amount of food for your money. Baklava is delicious.

English English
Apr '12

Had lunch there with the HL group once. It was good. BYOB, so fat chance of getting Horatio to take me there for dinner.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '12

I rate it very good - both Food and Value.

I love Zaytun, the food is fresh, homemade, delicious and reasonably priced. Moussa and Tannya are amazing people.

icicle icicle
Apr '12

i looooove their food- we've always had a good experience there and they are very friendly.

stefanie stefanie
Apr '12

LOVE IT! You have to try it.

Christine Christine
Apr '12

Good eats!

Grace
Apr '12

So, is the Falafel platter very good or just average?

iJay3 iJay3
Apr '12

I love Zaytun

JessM. JessM.
Apr '12

The food is wonderful - and the owners are too !!

happy girl
Apr '12

Their Falafel is Dee Lish! Had 2 sandwiches today. Great Vegan staple.

Dave Ferreira Dave Ferreira
Apr '12

My first choice for healthy, reasonable, delicious fresh food. Love the extraordinary and friendly owners Tanya & Moussa

Charlie Ort Charlie Ort
Apr '12

I agree with everyone else: the place is wonderful!

Where is it located?

snapper snapper
Apr '12

Snapper - It's in Hastings Square, between Roman Pizza and Szechuan Royale.

I ate there last month with my wife for the first time.
The food was the food is fresh, homemade, delicious and reasonably priced
And the owners make you fell at home.

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Mar '14

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! The owners are lovely and very friendly and we always know our food will be fresh and well prepared :-)

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Mar '14

I have eaten there a couple times and haven't had a bad meal. The service and food are great! They're on restaurant.com now too.

jrsemom jrsemom
Mar '14

My husband and I eat there regularly and really like it. It is never crowded and the owners and servers are very friendly.

Halfway There Halfway There
Mar '14

It's great,I've had everything on the menu at least three times....no complaints here !

Great food , I go there at least once a week.

Great food and very nice owners. I prefer it over the new place on Main Street.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Mar '14

It's the best sleeper restaurant in hackettstown. Sleeper meaning no one knows about it but it's delicious.

checkonetwo checkonetwo
Apr '15

Is there any news yet on what is going into the former Zaytun space?

hapiest girl
Oct '15

We love this place: authentic Mediterranean food that is fresh, savory and healthy. The owner is gracious and eager to please. This place is a hidden gem looking to be discovered, I really hope more Hackettstonians support this fabulous restaurant.

ClarionCall ClarionCall
Oct '15

ClarionCall - Have you checked there lately? As it says on the other thread and hapiest girl is asking about, the owners of Zaytun retired. It's no longer open. The question now is if anything is going in there.

I've heard nothing from either of the tenants around it.

GC: What "other thread?" YIKES!! We were there not long ago... When did this happen?

clarioncall clarioncall
Oct '15

Mezza house on main is very good but for sit in...

clarioncall - http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/685159#t701223

Mezza is good and beautiful inside. Good for a nice, long, leisurely, I've got all the time in the world sit.

GC: Thanks for bring me into the loop. We are relatively new to H'town and this forum...
What a disappointment that Zaytun is closed. Other than Mezza, have you any ideas about local "hidden gem" restaurants?? Just looked at the Mezza menu: very $$$

ClarionCall ClarionCall
Oct '15

Try Istanbul cuisine restaurant in Flanders .....

ClarionCall - Have you checked through the old threads? Use the Forum Search at the top of the page. There are 15-20 existing threads on various fantastic places right here in town, on the exact subject of what the gems are. We've done HL get togethers and many of these places, including Zaytun and others. Just reviewing those will give you a great start. Mezza, Mattars, and Churrascaria may not be inexpensive, but they're worth it. Or places like Pandan, Topo, Stella G's, Little Tokyo, C&L/Sub Shack/The Grove for deli's, Enzo/Franks/Pronto/Mamas for pizza. There are so many... ;-)

If you didn't see in the calendar tonight was $2 tasting night. I picked up 9 different places food and got a feast for 2 for under $20.

Hackettstown is a great place to eat.

GC: You are a wealth of knowledge! My husband and I are thrilled to be moving to H'town and appreciate this terrific Forum. We are just learning to navigate this site, but have already found it to be a fabulous place that fosters a sense of community -- albeit virtual.

Dam: Will do. Thanks for the ideas.

clarioncall clarioncall
Oct '15

clarioncall - Well you certainly asked about the right subject - FOOD!! ;-)

It's not 100% virtual though, the happy hours I think have been dormant for a while. The lunch time too but I heard someone recently say they'd like to do one. But in any case the Sunday breakfast is still active. Watch both for an announcement and the description of the chosen event in the calendar section. This Sunday is the breakfast at Mt Lake Fire House. A regular gang of HL people are usually in attendance.

GC: Will do. We may just appear for that Sunday breakfast. Thanks lots.

clarioncall clarioncall
Oct '15

Does anyone know what is going in the Zaytun location? I see there are already blue curtains in the front window.

happiest girl
Mar '16

Looks like work is taking place here - anybody know what this is going to be?

D-ManPV D-ManPV
May '17

Hmm, you know we lost the White Castle so maybe a burger joint?? hahaha

Daninnj Daninnj
May '17

Where is this located at??

Soccermom12 Soccermom12
May '17

Hastings Square, next to Szechuan Royale and adjacent to the UPS store.

Tracy Tracy
May '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.