Food stamps fraud

I honestly don't want to do this I know someone that make almost 60 grand a year and his wife is collecting food stamps also has free health insurance.
Now tell me if I am wrong reporting this to some kind of agency

I myself hardly make that kind of money and I am paying almost $1400 monthly
I am wrong to report this .it is OUR TAX MONEY
By the way they are foreigners

Any input and suggestions are very welcome

Also have PROOF
And to whom I would report this kind of fraud to protect taxe payers from this abuse and I know there are thousands like this people in new jersey
A hackettstown resident that cares

God bless america

Marc
Mar '12

Yes I would report that money could be used for someone who really needs it , besides it is against the law and that is why are taxes are high ,to bad thet are not honest

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Mar '12

Any agencies out there that handle this kind of fraud
Thanks cowgirl1

Marc
Mar '12

I would start with the Division of Consumer Affairs since it's fraud.

I just googled where to report food stamp fraud, New Jersey and the Division of Human Services came up. I think the food stamp program is run out of that office:

http://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/dfd/programs/foodstamps/

Please don't let this slide. These agencies have trouble policing themselves. It is infuriating to hear of these abuses!! Some people get books on how to beat the system. We can't take this lying down.

JudeKS JudeKS
Mar '12

Definitely report them please!!!! $60,000 and food stamps...not fair.

villani villani
Mar '12

To all the people that left a feed back I. Make 32.000 a year with three kids under 14 years .health insurance cost me $1400 a month without dental plan.
I think I shoul be a crook to get a head or barely survive in this great nation of ours

Thanks for letting me spill my guts to you good people of hackettstown
God bless you

Marc
Mar '12

Do they have 5 kids? Looks like a household of 7 still qualifies if they only make $60,000.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '12

Then a household of five with $32K should also qualify, no?

Marc I feel your pain.....but according to your 32,000/yr salary you may qualify for NJ Healthcare for your children cheaper then what you are paying now. AND thats with eye and dental. Check it out.

Christine Christine
Mar '12

Good point Mark Mc.
Marc, What does they are foreigners mean? If he is making 60K a year - isn't he paying taxes too?
You may not have all the info Mark. I am not saying it's okay - I am saying how did you become your brothers keeper. Is this your job to "tattle" upon this person. I know times are tough but would you still care if you were making say 100K a year.
I am not saying that you are wrong if you choose to report it but make sure you are doing it for the right reasons.

Firefly Firefly
Mar '12

If your husband make 60 grand plus and only have 2 kids .you should not be eligible for food stamps health insurance dental and so on .i am wrong? These people don't live in an appartement .there are living xlarge and to top it after all this guys mom came from overseas with cancer colon problem diabetes and all payed for in hackettstown hospital no questions asked .i know the story
Is this right,legal
Someone gotta stop this insanity

Marc
Mar '12

It's amazing. These people really know how to work the system, yet when a white american family who is down on their luck, they are pretty much told they are the wrong color. Sounds nasty, but it's just the way it is. So..please report them !

Lenny Lenny
Mar '12

How about the woman over in Michigan (I think) that won a million dollars and after winning still continues to receive food stamps. She said she thinks that she still does deserve this assistance because she now owns two houses :/

villani villani
Mar '12

@Firelfly, I don't think it's being a tattle tale when it's our money. So let him be reported and if it is all legal then so be it. This guy is not committing a crime and can continue. But if he is scamming the government, then it should be stopped. There is nothing wrong with it having it looked into.

villani villani
Mar '12

Marc - You know better than anyone else. No one else knows how much they make or where they are from or how many kids they have. You know if they qualify or not, and whether they paid for health insurance or not. So no need to involve us, you do what you think is right.

I'm with Firefly on this one. It could just be me but the posts makes it sound like it's personal !

Bonv
Mar '12

Marc,

If you feel that you should do something about this then you can contact the county board of social services where the subject resides. I agree with JudeKS these agencies are understaffed and have a hard time policing themselves.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '12

They must have lied on the food stamp application, but then again, doesnt the state want proof of income?

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Mar '12

"his wife is collecting food stamps"

If a couple is married outside of the country, they often report being single when it suits them. There is really no way to prove they are married without investigating further.

I agree with GC, Marc follow what your heart is telling you to do. Let us know how it works out.

Bessie Bessie
Mar '12

Look they both live in hackettstown have 2 kids .and there are abusing the system.
And no body is doing a goddam thing about it
Where are our representatives?????????? I had it
Yes maja thy got married overseas .but are ways to find out ? That they live together
Please someone shed some lights about this nonsense
Believe me I will make em pay what they owe it to good people of warren county
They can count on that
Sons of bi*******ches.they make me sick
God bless the the decent people of 07840

Marc
Mar '12

When you apply for and qualify to receive food stamps, and subsequently, your situation changes for the better, is the issue revisited? Or not until you file a tax return at the end of the year?

Tracy Tracy
Mar '12

I think you know what you have to do Marc, get all your info together and present it to the authorities. No one here can help you or do a thing about it.

Bessie Bessie
Mar '12

Your last post confirms to me that you have a problem with these people unrelated to the "alleged" fraud. So do what you must and I pray that what goes around comes around.

Bonv
Mar '12

Lenny, white priviledge is sadly alive and well in American society. Would you change the color of your skin? We are all borrowing this land, so let's respect each other.

mefoley4literacy mefoley4literacy
Mar '12

Marc, It sounds like your family needs help. I am sorry for that. We can help ~ just ask.

Firefly Firefly
Mar '12

Another foreigner taking advantage of the liberal American System. And here I am as a born american going broke because business sucks for the last 3+ years, are not eligible for food stamps. I own a home and over 3000.00 in assets. and draw a losey $25,000 a year salary plus a ripoff 900 a month health insurance to survive. Ok liberals dont forget to reelect your buddy Obama so he can continue to do absoutely Nothing!

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Mar '12

No one is stopping you from making more money Mr. Negative. If you're not happy with yourself, improve yourself, dont blame it on others.

I know this isnt going to go over well, but its the truth. Sorry!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Mar '12

You own a home...Lucky you Mr. Negative. I wish I did.
and by the way we have not established that the family in question are foreigners...If they are legal citizens - then let's cut out the foreigner talk. Let's face it we were all or our ancestors foreigners at one point.

Firefly Firefly
Mar '12

Mr. Negative,

Just because you are a "foreigner" does not mean you are not entitled to equal opportunity. I am a bit insulted.

beach comber beach comber
Mar '12

Here is an idea for food stamps.......since our farmers are hurting and the people that are collecting food stamps are hurting, why doesn't the government give money to the farmers to grow food. Then the people that are supposed to need the food go to the farm and get what food that they need. This would stop the fraud with people using the food stamp money for things other than food. I mean, isn't that what food stamps are for....FOOD.

Now before everyone tries to beat me up for the twists and turns of all the logistics of the program, remember this is the abbreviated version of just one plan or thought.

Skipper Skipper
Mar '12

I would give anything to have $60,000 a year. Even just for 1 year. This definitely sounds wrong. Report it and see what happens.

Ingrid Ingrid
Mar '12

Did the guy who started this whole thing report him? And if no, why not?

2 guilty parties - the person who's doing it, and the person who allows it.

Mike Mc Mike Mc
Mar '12

Just another stupid thread started to blame the foreigners for one's lack of success in life.

emaxxman emaxxman
Mar '12

Exactly! Perfectly said emaxxman!

How so? If someone is defrauding the system, should they not be held accountable?

Mike Mc Mike Mc
Mar '12

@Botheredbyu,

Yes I am complaining about a losey salary at present. I used to make serious money as a business owner, BUT since 2007 with sales being what they are I am forced to live in survive mood so my employees have a job. I am not eligible for any handouts. And here you have some SOB ripping off the system while I have to pay this BS 900.00 a month health insurance rip off premiums, and I am perfectly health. But just in case I fall down the stairs in my house and get hurt and dont want to lose everything I own to pay the dam Hospital bill. After Obama Care kicks in I might as well close the doors because I will be forced to pay my employees healthcare as well. Thank you Liberals
BTW getting back to the original post MARC report the SOB. I hate Scammers

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Mar '12

emaxxman, maybe. But people cheat, no matter their birthplace, and it is frustrating to honest people, so should be stopped. Interesting how one would know a neighbor's income, unless the neighbor works for a government entity.

I hear you Mr. Negative and am sorry about your business problems. Yes, scammers should be reported. But just remember, NON-foreigners take advantage also.
I meant no negativity towards you. You really like your HL name? ;)

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Mar '12

Maja - you're correct that people cheat no matter what but there was a thread not too long ago about a woman who was basically a loser and getting paid under the table. She was cheating the system...

...and yet every said, mind your own business!

Now, someone here is cheating the system (and as a "legally here in the U.S. and taxpaying, self-sufficient" foreigner) and the OP feels the need to point out it's a foreigner.

"These people really know how to work the system, yet when a white american family who is down on their luck, they are pretty much told they are the wrong color. "

"By the way they are foreigners"

Tell me...what relevance does that have to act of defrauding the system?

My father came over here, worked his ass off, put himself through college, started a construction business (which he still operates today over 30 years later), and supported a family of 5 while learning the English language as well.

He surely made more than $60K a year because he made the most of his opportunities. I don't see why anyone who was born here and had access to an educational system vastly superior to his can't do as well. Take care of your own house and then worry about others.

emaxxman emaxxman
Mar '12

just figure out the system...where I shop there is an Indian couple...who own a convenience store...they drive a new Mercedes...and have WIC checks for free baby formula...that they re-sell at their store...she is dripping with gold jewelry...and they both dress very well...the people in the store complain...about these people all the time...month after month...it goes on and on...

Mr. Negative

At one time you made bank. Did you save anything, live below your means?

Now you are complaining about having to pay $900.00 a month for medical, just in case you get sick or fall or what ever.

Do you pay homeowners insurance, car insurance, flood insurance, life insurance, hurricane insurance? Seems to me that there is no difference. You may never need any of the above. Well the life insurance once you die. But then you don't get it your beneficiary does.

Is paying for this insurance not worthy? Just in case.

I do believe that the Government mandates you have the some of the above insurances. We aren't screaming about that, why?

So why would you complain about having Health Insurance?

President Obama used Massachusetts Health Care System as a prototype for our national health care. I believe it was Mitt Romney who implemented that when he was Governor. Mitt Romney, liberal.....don't think so.

Do I think that the current system is great, no. Do I think it could be so much better, yes.

We are supposed to be the greatest nation in the world and yet we can't take care of our own. Oh, wait, someone someplace might get something for nothing. OMG

tiredoftheyapping
Mar '12

@emaxxman, you're being too logical.

The OP sounds like an angry man out to get these people and the topic is really not about "fraud". How the heck does he have proof of what these people make?

Fraud regardless of "nationality", color or sex is a real problem and I have nothing against someone with real information that wants to report the abuse. BUT, I do have a problem with people being reported because others perceive that they have been give more opportunities than others, earn more, etc.

Bonv
Mar '12

The OP sounds like an angry man out to get these people and the topic is really not about "fraud". How the heck does he have proof of what these people make?

Another thread fraught with opinions from people who don't know the facts. And the beat goes on.

@cbel, definitely an opinion but I think the angry part is as factual as any on HL thanks to little gems like this: "Sons of bi*******ches.they make me sick".

Bonv
Mar '12

BTW, please excuse my typos and one or two possibly incoherent sentences in my response. I was hungry and waiting for the man to come deliver my free meal.

emaxxman emaxxman
Mar '12

Mefoley, I have no problem with the color of a person's skin. I judge a man by his character. This is simply what I was told when I needed help.

Lenny Lenny
Mar '12

Bonv: I see your point and that's why I still think we should let this thread go. We're not in the middle and we don't have the facts. For me, I have better things do tonight than decide who's right here.

Besides, I just borrowed season 1 of Modern Family and I've been laughing all afternoon. On to Disc 2.

I think the post received exactly the response the original post was looking for, LOL.

Bessie Bessie
Mar '12

FYI<<< in order to qualify for food stamps you HAVE to have income coming into the household..you CANNOT qualify for food stamps without income..how much you get for food stamps, however, does depend on the amount of income, number of household members and expenses

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Mar '12

Good morning .god is my witness i
have no issues with any foreigner
But how can your wife and your mom come to this country have kids and the don't pay a dime also the mom has breast cancer and bunch of other health issue and it is FrEe .ifi recall correctly I paid. 12 grand for each kid you do the math
And to all those people defending fraudulent behavior ,I will tell you this you. Are fake phony and plain miserable .
My issue was fraud and,free loaders
I wish they catch all these blood suckers and remember it good law abiding citizens BLOOD andSWEAt

Marc1
Mar '12

Don't use kids as a reason to ask for food stamps, if you can't afford to take care of them don't have them. Birth control is available for free from planned parenthood.

I also know a girl in national park new jersey. She gets foodstamps i know for sure and i bet medicaid as well. She lives with her mother who makes 90 grand a yr. She has 3 kids. She disent work. May have just got job. But has not worked for at least 5 yrs. The father also lives there. Dont work. Draws unemployment. Also 2 brothers live in household. One draws unemployment and works at mcguire airforce base loading planes at 20 bucks an hour no taxes. His dad pays him cash. Other son also cash doin same job. They have 3 cars all paid for. The mother just does not pay her house payment. Now 5 yrs and not been evicted yet. The mother and oldest son do pills. The mother is rn in pennsylvania. Been fired at 2 nursing places in jersey for stealing narcotics. It pisses me off they scam and dont pay house payment have all that money coming in and cars and they get food stamps. I know she had to lie. I know she did not say her mom, brothers or father of kids live there. Im sure she told them she pays rent and lives there with her kids only. No other way could they qualify. She has her nails done her and kids and father have name brand clothes and shoes and the worst is they turn their nose up at people who work and struggle and have very little. I would love to report this one because shes proud of getting away with scamming the government. Need number for new jersey food stamp fraud. Also unemployment fraud in newjersey.

Lesia Johnson Lesia Johnson
Aug '14

Google it

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Aug '14

My wife was in Best's on Friday and this well dressed foreigner(could not figure out the accent) bought a lot of vegetables and paid with food stamps. She left and got into a brand new Lexus. Coincidence, maybe.

kb2755 kb2755
Aug '14

REPORT REPORT REPORT!!!!!!!!!!
If everything's legit, it will show itself.
If not, fraud is stopped.

Really?
Aug '14

All in all, a theft from everyone who pays taxes; just like overcompensation afforded by public unions. The only difference is that this type of theft is direct versus the other being through a proxy (union)...

Skipper, people on wic and seniors get money to use at farmers markets and grocery stores, they can only purchase fresh produce. SO that's kind of the same thing, lol. They get really mad when they can't buy pies and cakes from us... but the point is to buy healthier foods. I think it' a great program.

Smack Smack
Aug '14

Getting into a brand new Lexus isn't the same as driving and owning a brand new Lexus. There are a lot of volunteers in town who take care of shopping for the elderly and less fortunate. They volunteer the time and transportation.
I know many people who volunteer rides to others, which grants them some independence and provides the extra gallon of milk instead of costly cab fare. Some volunteer and do the shopping on behalf of those who are homebound and receiving assistance.

Stop judging, start helping.

I think it's great that overprocessed food lacking nutrition isn't covered by foodstamps, and it's fantastic that they are accepting at farmers markets!

10yrtownie 10yrtownie
Aug '14

I still don't understand how people that make that kind of money can get food stamps. We have tried everything and are denied constantly! 1498 a month in income for 3 people is not a lot!

Christine Christine
Aug '14

Christine, according to the WIC homepage, if a New Jersey family of three has a gross annual income of less than $36,612, (or $3051 a month) they SHOULD qualify. Are there extenuating circumstances?

yankeefan2014 yankeefan2014
Aug '14

NJ WIC homepage link:

http://www.state.nj.us/health/fhs/wic/proginfo.shtml

yankeefan2014 yankeefan2014
Aug '14

+10yrtownie...always easier for people to make assumptions based on how things look rather than knowing the story.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '14

@ Lesia Johnson

To report food stamp fraud in NJ:
609-588-2283
Or email:
DFD.PAIU@dhs.state.nj.us

WIC only applies to families where the mother is up to six months post-partum (one year if she is breastfeeding) and children must be UNDER five years old. Once the youngest child passes their fifth birthday, WIC benefits disappear no matter the income.

http://www.state.nj.us/health/fhs/wic/proginfo.shtml#income

By the way...WIC stands for Women, Infants, and Children...if you are male, you obviously cannot get WIC benefits on your own.

Food stamp benefits are calculated on a totally different income basis, and are related to total household income and expenses. Income cannot exceed 185% of the Federal Poverty Level.

http://www.nj.gov/humanservices/dfd/programs/njsnap/

JerryG JerryG
Aug '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.