Can we help this Warren County Group?

While I was reading Lynnada's thread about cleaning and uncluttering, I started thinking about what I could do with my stuff. I usually take what I don't need anymore to Trinity.

Then I remembered that we have the Warren County Battered Women's Service helping local women and their children.

Long story short: They were happy to get a call from me saying I was going to ask all of you to consider donating your unwanted items to them. We can keep this very simple. They have no storage so will ask for items as needed.

There is a woman who will be moving into an apartment in a week or two. She has two boys, four and six, who need school clothes. Also, twin or double sheets, silverware, pots and pans, dishes and apartment start-up stuff. Bunk beds if anyone has them.

I'll be happy to do pickups and deliveries.

There are lots of generous people on this forum and I'm hopeful we can make a difference to these families.

Wow this is such a FANTASTIC idea. Cbel - I like the way you are thinking.

Firefly Firefly
Mar '12

FF: Thanks! So what do you have? :)

Cbel you have mail

Cbel: I have a almost new toaster oven and also can supply dishes and bowls and other kitchen items.

Joyful Joyful
Mar '12

Itsa great organization to donate to. Whenever I have stuff stuff from the store that I know they can use I call them. Just remember they do not have storage so they cannot take items all the time. I will look into what I have I can give them this time cbel. Unfortunately I have no childrens clothes but in the future we will. I will post back tomorrow. I know I have a coffee pot and a mixer that I can give her.

Christine Christine
Mar '12

I will be working on this with my daughters...might be able to help with clothing for the 6 yr old. I have curtains and other decorative things. I will send you an email.

Firefly Firefly
Mar '12

I knew you all would come through. I'm waiting to hear back from the shelter so I can work out the details.

So hold onto your stuff till you hear from me. This is so great!

I will take a look around and see what ive got! :)

icicle icicle
Mar '12

oh and does she needs clothes and what size?

icicle icicle
Mar '12

cbel, I have a lot of perfectly good kitchen tools/utensils and some older saute pans I'd be happy to donate.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '12

I have an older drop-leaf wooden table (seats four) and chairs. And probably much more... Do they need toys?

lilacpuppies lilacpuppies
Mar '12

Great idea, cbel. I'll watch for your list and see if I can help.

copygirl copygirl
Mar '12

icicle: This particular woman needs boys clothes for a four- and six-year old. I'll pass along more details when I get them. To the new posters: Thanks. I'll update when I have more info.

Awesome idea and initiative, cbel! I will take a look and see what I can put aside.

And let us know what size clothing she needs. I am boxing up clothes that don't fit and they are in good condition.

I also have a new toaster still in the box. I don't have the counter space for it.

Absolutely wonderful idea cbel. I have some stuff that is exactly what you need. Just let me know when and where. I'll help you coordinate or I can help you with anything else you need.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Mar '12

Count me in as well, cbel ~ great idea! : )

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Mar '12

I have 2 twin beds that are wood , they can be bunk or separate if she needs them let me know

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Mar '12

I'll get back to you all when I hear from the shelter again, hopefully tomorrow.

I have bathroom towels and matching bath mats and some miscellaneous kitchen items.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Mar '12

@cbel - this is a wonderful intiative! Please find out shoe sizes too.

Bonv
Mar '12

Reporting back: I spoke to someone at the Shelter a few minutes ago and I have a phone appointment on Monday to work out the details. They are very grateful to know of a group that is so willing to help (and they ain't seen nothin' yet).

Someone actually PM'd me that she has bunk beds to donate.

This is going to be good.

I, too, have things to contribute - let me look around over the weekend. How about kids books, as well? Got lots of those!

colette colette
Mar '12

colette: I'll ask on Monday.

OK I have the mixer BUT the coffee pot succumbed to my clumsy hands! (don't ask)I have it with me so let me know drop off points etc and will bring it. I also have a floor lamp and some decorative items she can have.

Christine Christine
Mar '12

Great, Christine. Like I said to colette, I'll know more on Monday.

I'm hoping on Monday, maybe they can give you a list. I do have a bin full of stuff, I also have the Lupus Foundation coming on Tuesday to pick up donations. If I have stuff in my give away bag this lady needs, I'll pull it out and put it aside.

cbel - If you need some help with transporting stuff, let me know, I have a small suv. Maybe we could get all the stuff over to the agency in one trip. All the seats fold down, so I can take larger items, not sure about bunk beds though.

Lynnada Lynnada
Mar '12

cbel - since I won't see you on Sunday, I'll just wait to hear from you after you after your phone appointment on Monday. In the meantime, I have some "every day" items that I'll box up and be ready to take them wherever you say.

What a response! Sure does speak well of the folks on HL.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Mar '12

Thanks, Lynnada. I'll keep you posted.

Mindy'sMom: I think you're right. When the chips are down, HLers come through.

This is really great cbel. You know you can count on me to help out also.

Don't worry about the coffee pot, Christine ~ although I'd love to hear the story, lol : )

I have one ~ keep us posted, cbel ~ : )

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Mar '12

OK, we're finally getting started. As I said before, the Shelter doesn't have room to store furniture, but they can store smaller items. So if each of you with things to donate can post here and pm me so I can come to you or meet you halfway for pickup, I can start with deliveries. Thanks everyone!

cbel - do you know the boys' clothes & shoe sizes?

Are items such as soap, toothpaste/brushes, combs, etc needed?

Also I may have silverware, bowls, dishes, glasses & mugs (can't remember if we donated them already) - will check when I get home later & message you

Santa Santa
Mar '12

We need a list. I am wondering about a shower curtain - staples for the cupboard. The woman's clothing and shoes sizes. I won't find time today to compile a list from here but maybe someone can. If not, I will work on it tomorrow.

Firefly Firefly
Mar '12

Santa: The boys are 4 and 6...don't know sizes.

What I got from the Shelter is that they need everything. So let's start our own list.

Joyful donated a toaster oven.

I've been uncluttering for some time, so I don't have much of anything. But, I can buy some toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, etc. ). Also paper towels and toilet paper and laundry detergent.

Toaster Oven joy
toiletries - cbel
shower curtain, liner and hooks- Firefly

Firefly Firefly
Mar '12

Toaster Oven joy
toiletries - cbel
shower curtain, liner and hooks- Firefly
mixer Christine
Coffee Pot Happy2bhere

Firefly Firefly
Mar '12

Kitchen tools/utensils; glass tea cups and saucers; black enamel storage canisters; set of four knives in wooden block; two older saute pans--not great but usable.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '12

Floor lamp and table lamp also!

Christine Christine
Mar '12

FF: Thanks. We do have the list of pledges; I'd like to make a list of definites so I can make plans to pick up. If we have duplicate offers, those can be saved for the next woman to leave the Shelter.

Tracy and Christine: Pls pm me with details for pick up. Thanks.

BTW, GC has volunteered Bubba (his trusty truck) and CP has offered a helping hand with deliveries.

The last four posts appeared slightly out of order, but that's OK; we're making good progress.

cbel, I can meet you sometime tomorrow afternoon if that's okay. Running around today and tomorrow morning.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '12

I work for Reckitt Benckiser (we make Lysol, air wick, woolite, resolve and a bunch of other products www.rb.com) I will go to the company store and pick up some cleaning supplies for them if you think they would want it. Let me know.

Thanks for doing this - great idea!

Alison Alison
Mar '12

Alison: Great! Thanks.

cbel & GC - I have 2 sets of bathroom towels, hand towels, washcloths and coordinating bathroom rugs. Also some miscellaneous kitchen utencils. I can have everything boxed up into one box and leave outside my apartment. (I'm at work all day). If this is ok, just let me know and I will PM my address. I live very close to GC.

You guys are amazing !

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Mar '12

I have a table and chairs and probably sheets. I also have a couch that is a queen size sleeper sofa, it's a pastel, floral, tapestry print. It's had very little use, but is about 7 years old. It was in my elderly mother's apartment.

lilacpuppies lilacpuppies
Mar '12

Did you ever find out the mom's clothing size yet? Unfortunately I just donated all my household goods to Big Brother and Sister. If you need help~ I'm available on Sunday to help transport.

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Mar '12

Mindy'sMom: Or bring them to breakfast on Sunday.

lilacpuppies: I already told them about your table and chairs and now I'll let them know about the couch. I'll keep you posted.

Pefect cbel - I will bring my items with me to breakfast on Sunday!! Looking forward to donating the items for such a good cause, as well as the nice breakfast get-together.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Mar '12

Thanks, Baci's mom.

Lisa50: Are you reading this thread? I may get to meet Baci !!

Inspired by this thread, I cleaned out a kitchen cabinet. In addition to the items listed above, I have a griddle pan, some baking pans, a utensil drawer organizer, a pasta strainer and two cutting boards. I can box it up and meet you tomorrow, cbel.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Mar '12

@cbel, I have just sent you a message re: gift cards.

cbel: let me know whatever you you. I will donate anything that is needed.

Tweety Tweety
Mar '12

Updated List ...

Furniture
Table & Chairs – Lilacpuppies
Couch/Sleeper – Lilacpuppies
2 Twin Beds – Cowgirl1

Household
Floor lamp and table lamp – Christine

Kitchen
Toaster Oven – Joyful
Mixer – Christine
Coffee Pot – Happy2bhere
Kitchen tools/utensils; glass tea cups and saucers; black enamel storage canisters; set of four knives in wooden block; two saute pans – Tracy

Bathroom
Toiletries – Cbel
Shower curtain, liner and hooks – Firefly
2 sets of bathroom towels, hand towels, washcloths and coordinating bathroom rugs – Mindy’sMom

Thanks, Bonv! We're moving right along here.

Tweety: I'll let you know. Thanks!

I will need someone to pick up the beds , I took them apart , my husband is sick and I can't deliver them , thanks

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Mar '12

Cowgirl1: You have so much on your plate right now. I can't believe you're thinking of others. I'll keep in touch. Please take care of yourself.

Thank you

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Mar '12

How's this going? Is there a list of what they need? I may have some stuff but I do much better when I know what's needed. My sister has some summer clothes she wants to get rid of, some new. Any idea if women's clothes are needed?

Bessie Bessie
Mar '12

Thanks, Bessie. The shelter coordinator and I are finally going to talk tomorrow to make a plan and I will report back.

I'm very enthusiastic that this effort is going to be helpful to abused Warren County women who thought there was no place to turn. I'm trying to keep it simple and take one step at a time.

A side comment: Kudos to all the HL women who have been so incredibly supportive.

I am really happy to help in the limited way that I can this "nameless, faceless, brave woman". She is every woman and I am very proud of her and all of us.

Firefly Firefly
Mar '12

Wouldn't it be nice if each of us women could also include just a card of encouragement to the woman starting out again? Like, "good for you! Take care of yourself, you're worth it."

That's what I'd really like to say to someone who has suffered abuse and is recovering.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '12

I'm proud, too, Firefly. It's good to stick together. I've had my many lean years and I live on a very strict budget, as do many of you, but I've always said "If I have two, I'll give you one".

I think that may make me a bleeding-heart liberal, but, oh well.

That's a really nice thought, Rebecka.

Great post, Firefly ~ I totally agree and, Rebecka, that's a fabulous idea.

cbel ~ thank you for getting this started : )

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Mar '12

Hello ladies,

I am Carol. I work at the Domestic Abuse & Sexual Assault Crisis Center in Warren County. I have been reading everyone's comments.
I wanted you all to know how special you are to care about the clients in our agency.
Women and children who stay in our safe house eventually move into their own apartments. They leave with twin beds for each of them which are provided by the County. Other than that, they have nothing!
Most needed items would be sheets, blankets,towels, pots & pans, silverware,can openers, baking pans, coffee pots/tea pots, coffee tables, end tables, lamps, (a hot item-vacuum cleaners) bathroom sets,( shower curtains & rugs),curtain/curtain rods, dressers, table/chairs, televisions/dvd players, toasters,mixers,small appliances, pictures, garbage cans, toiletries, and anything you can think of if you were starting your life all over again. Please-all items must be new or slightly used.
Thank you ALL for caring!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carol P carol P
Mar '12

I have a vacuum cleaner also!

Christine Christine
Mar '12

I think these women have a great deal of courage to have gotten themselves and their children into this Program. I am only too glad to help.

I really applaud cbel for initiating this effort and organizing so well. Once again, this just shows what good and generous people are on this Forum

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Mar '12

Agreed, Mindy's Mom ~ I have a console tv set also - no remote, but it works and I just called in the brand to Comcast and it worked with their remote ~ fyi : )

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Mar '12

Update: I just spoke with carol P from the shelter. I picked up Tracy's things today and I'm meeting with gmcg and Bonv tomorrow. At breakfast on Sunday I'll collect whatever anyone brings and then I'll email a list of what I have to Carol.

lilacpuppies: It might be best for you to pm Carol about your furniture and then get back to me if I need to arrange pickup and deliveries.

Same with the "bunk bed donator". I will call you tomorrow.

By the way, Carol told me that "We (HL) are changing lives." How cool is that ?!!

SUPER COOL! : )

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Mar '12

cbel - I'll have my items with me at breakfast on Sunday. I've boxed up my things and I've listed the contents on the outside of the box. (It's some nice stuff).

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Mar '12

cbel - I also have a hand-held Dirt Devil and replacement bags which I'll donate. Carol P's post above, mentions vaccuum cleaners are a "hot item".

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Mar '12

MM: Great!

I just met someone (for the first time) at Panera to pick up some gift cards that she was donatiing.

Oh, and she also gave me a few other items she picked up at Walmart...like a microwave, an iron, 3 sets of sheets, four pillows, a blanket and a little stuffed animal. She almost had me in tears.

There are angels among us.

Cbel: Thanks for sharing that with us. I am almost in tears myself. People are good if we give them a chance to be..OK...now I am more inspired...Oh heck...I am due for some new dishes...so think I am going to give her my old set...So put me down for dishes and dessert plates as well, please.

Joyful Joyful
Mar '12

In addition to the large and small plates, I am adding 2 platters and a almost new deep dish frying pan. Also plastic cups, plates and plastic silverware.(can always use these in a pinch)...plus.mugs, some glasses and bowls. Will bring these on Sunday. Did not look for casserole dishes yet but if you still need those, please let me know. Will bring things to breakfast on Sunday.

Joyful Joyful
Mar '12

OK this is what I have so far cbel. I have been cleaning out some items at the store I think she could use. I have a table lamp, floor lamp, mixer, some Americana decor (new), some mugs that all match, pie plat, picture frames, can opener, Welcome to our home plaque, vacuum, toothbrush caddy, bath soap, shower curtain with rings, tablecloth with napkins and some Easter suprises. I am planning on dropping this off at the HL breakfast.

Christine Christine
Mar '12

Wow, Joyful that's great. Actually kudos to everyone and best of luck to the family's new start!

Carol P asked me if I'd like to volunteer at the Shelter, Hell, yes! I'd like to see what can be done to have a steady flow of our stuff to their families in need.

Stay tuned.

P.S. to Christine: KUDOS!

cbel, sounds like you'll have quite the carload full! That's great!! I won't be able to make the breakfast this weekend at 9:30am, but I can be there by 11am. If you think you'll still be there at that time, I can come and help you load the stuff or I can store more of whatever you need to until we can get it where it needs to go. Let me know. :)

SueR: Thanks for the offer. I'll wait for you...and you have my cell # if you can't make it.

I didn't post it here before, but SueR has half a carload of stuff already and will be my delivery buddy after Sunday. Love you, boobala!

cbel - I can help you and Sue R at 11:00 Sunday at the Firehouse. In addition to the items I have previously mentioned, I came across a nice table fan and a cordless hand-vac and charger (in additional to the Dirt Devil).

I feel proud to be involved in this.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Mar '12

Mindy's Mom: I'm proud to be involved in this, too.

However, it's been a bit overwhelming for me with all the offerings. So if I've missed respondong to any of you, I apologize. Email me or call me if you want. I'll get back to this on Monday when I regroup. TIA!

I have 25" TV and a 13" TV that work very well and twins sheets all so have baking dishes let me know where to bring the things to

SAAK: Thanks for the kind offer. I'll get back to you next week. I'm kind of whipped out right now. Sure could use a partner.

CBEL I can help you I'm home all day and also have a pick up truck let me know what I can do and would be more then happy to help out

SAAK: You have mail.

Monday, 3/26 update.

There is an SUV-load in SueR's garage ready to take to Carol P (from the shelter). She and I will talk tomorrow to make plans for delivery. This is getting off to a great start...Carol is amazed at the things that have been donated and pledged.

I plan to volunteer at least one day a week at the Shelter so that this can be an ongoing thing. So stay tuned.

HL woman are fabulous!

And so are you, Cbel for getting us interested in this great project. Be sure to keep us posted.

Joyful Joyful
Mar '12

Thanks, Joyful. I will make a point to follow up with news at least once a week. One thing at a time, one day at a time, and we will focus so we don't become the woman on The Video, bless her heart!

Kudos to you Cbel for all that you are doing.

Did you ever find out her size for clothing?

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Mar '12

Baci's mom: Not for sure, but her boys are 4- and 6-years old/

@cbel..fabulous job! I'm sure your rallying of the troops will help make it much easier for someone trying to make a start. Please keep us posted on what else is needed.

Bessie Bessie
Mar '12

I will Bessie, and I have lots of help from HL women. It's really heartwarming.

Good morning ladies,

I recently had a client transition out into her own apartment. She has 2 boys,

ages 4 & 6. She is the client who is requesting bunk beds. Is there anyone who

has bunk beds and the ability to deliver them to the Washington area?

I am also in the process of looking for apartments for 3 other clients. Hopefully I will

find something by mid April which means we will have 3 more clients starting life all

over again. Two out of three of them have children. I am in the process of making

room in shelter to begin storing donations so we are almost ready for all your

generous items!!! PLEASE, feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

Thank you all for your kindness!!

(carol221@earthlink.net)

carol P carol P
Mar '12

Thanks for your post, Carol P. Looks like we have a great liason going here between Cbel and all of us for future projects to help these women and their families. The woman that we are currently assisting we understand has small boys 4 and 6. Would she or the boys need clothing and if so, sizes, please.

Joyful Joyful
Mar '12

cbel - thanks for keeping us updated and please let me know what else I can do to help. You're so right - this is very heartwarming.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Mar '12

"I have lots of help from HL women. It's really heartwarming." - cbel

That comment has me wondering, besides GC, Bubba and The Duke, how come there hasn't been any male posters jumping in to help? But yet when it comes to shopping local or saving a pet or loose farm animal, they're there. Is it because they see it as a "woman's" issue? I see it as a "human" issue.

Because SueR...

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.

It took me awhile to appreciate the differences ( not talking anatomy now) but once you do understand - it makes life so much easier.

Firefly Firefly
Mar '12

I will have a brand new set of colorful dishes from France. A friend bought them and never used them, and is moving. I am also going to go through things and see what else the ladies might be able to use. I told him about the cause and he told me to help myself to whatever they could use. :-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '12

I think Rebecka, just said "Him" ...Sue R.. But you are right...Maybe the men feel this project is more a woman thing but there are men out there that have been victims of domestic abuse as well.

Joyful Joyful
Mar '12

Let me know when the next "meet up" is - I have a few things to contribute. It sure would be nice if the shelter had a place to store these things - then the women could choose what they needed or wanted rather then end up with 3 toasters and no coffee maker. Cbel - I had offered shower curtain, rings and liner back when but I think someone else may have donated those items. Please let me know so I can choose something else. Any needs at this time?

Firefly Firefly
Mar '12

SueR and I are making a delivery tomorrow and we will finally get to meet Carol P from the shelter.

We'll find out how they handle donations and how much space they have for storage. I would like to see a storage facility donate a unit for our stuff.

I'm taking things one step at a time. I'll report back and we *will* get a system in place, I'm sure.

carol p , I have bunk beds , but not able to deliver them , let me know

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Mar '12

Cowgirl1: I will...after I ask Carol P if they can take them right now.

Thank you

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Mar '12

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday Carol & Sue came to us with all the donations that were collected!

What a special bunch you are!!!! Thank you all for your efforts.

I have 2 more client wish lists to post. I will combine them.

Silverware,towels & wash cloths, baby supplies, cooking supplies,curtains and curtain rods,cleaning supplies,garbage bags,dishes,microwaves,coffee pots,toddler bed and sheets,living room furniture, light bulbs,blankets & sheets, night lights, pot holders, toy boxes,dressers,coffee and end tables,lamps,kitchen table & chairs, rocking chair,vacuums, mops & brooms,pots and pans & bread maker.

Thank you all again for your kindness. GOD BLESS!!!!! Carol P

carol P carol P
Mar '12

Ok ~ looked further and I have:

Round Table and Four Chairs
Microwave
2 Floor Lamps
Some curtains and curtain rods

: )

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Mar '12

. . oh, and two toy boxes

I love the list ~ it's so helpful!

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Mar '12

Thank you for the wish list, Carol P.

HLers: I will be available to meet with you at your convenience to pick up anything but big furniture items. Just let me know where and when. For big items, it would probably be best for you to PM Carol P for arrangements.

SueR and I met with Carol and the Shelter staff yesterday. They were so grateful for our efforts and took everything that we brought. It was a real feel-good day!

I'm offended but the suggestion made on here that men don't care about this issue...

Perhaps there are males (such as myself) who find it repulsive when another male beats on their partner.

With that said, I'm happy to help but don't have much to donate. I can check with my mom and sisters if they might have some things. However, I have a feeling I might be of more help through manual or technological labor. My schedule is sort of hectic at the moment since I am taking 2 classes 2 nights a week but after Memorial Day I should be more available to help.

Shame on those who tried to politicize this thread ...

Computer Sharp Computer Sharp
Mar '12

C# ~ it's good to see you here and thank you for offering your services. If you know of any other men that feel the same as you, that would be able to offer their assistance, please let us know.

Thank you, once again - it's really appreciated : )

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Mar '12

Oh, yes...shame on me for wondering and stating the obvious!! That NO men posters have posted on this thread offering to help.

I'm not policizing anything or trying start trouble. I was just curious. And I sure as hell didn't say men didn't care about the issue of domestic abuse. Any other thread where someone needed help, both men and woman were involved, or even commented. I just found it unusual, that's all.

What it comes down to is looking around to see if you have something you can donate to a "person in need", no matter why they need it.

I understand not everyone will/can/wants to help out on every situation that a HLer puts out there. I myself haven't and I don't expect everyone to either.

CS: A thank you from me as well...for your offer and your concern. Any support, even if it can only be moral support, is appreciated.

SueR - some thoughts are better kept to yourself and I think this is an example of one. Look back at what you wrote and think about why it can *easily* be looked at trying to bring up feminism in a thread that is geared towards helping those in need. To me, that's politicizing and again, maybe those things that appear obvious don't need to be stated so. I'm not looking to debate with you on this topic so I'll leave it at that.

cbel - I commend you for reaching out to the Crisis Center and bringing awareness to their needs.

cbel & carol p - I'm a young guy with experience moving furniture so if you think I can be of help with this kind of thing, let me know. Does the crisis center have a facebook page or a website? Have they thought about getting one? I know there's a degree of anonymity involved in certain situations, so maybe that wouldn't be the direction they're looking to go in.

Again I'm happy to help any time that I can, and my availability should open up in May.

Computer Sharp Computer Sharp
Mar '12

I am not looking to debate this either. So I agree, let's leave it at that and keep this thread positive and what it is meant to be.

Thanks for posting the list of what's needed..as said before, I work much better from a list. Will let you know what I get together.

Bessie Bessie
Mar '12

Thanks, Bessie. Like I said before, we're just trying to get a process in order so this support can be ongoing.

For me, it's been 10 years since I retired and had a purpose. We're giving help and hope where help and hope are needed and it feels good.

Happy for you cbel...
Men help in different ways which is what I implied with my comment.
I don't think everyone needs to be involved in everything. Pick your thing and go with it.

Firefly Firefly
Mar '12

Exactly, FF. It's all good.

Hello Cbel, how are you doing with the new wish lists? I will probably pull together some kitchen or bedroom items depending on what you have.

I have a rocking chair and a bread maker.

Christine Christine
Apr '12

cbel - I have additional items to donate and I am available to help.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Apr '12

Thanks, Bonv. happy2bhere told me she has quite a few things from the wish list (some of the bigger stuff). SueR and I are meeting her on Monday for a pickup. I will post a list of what we get so we all know what's left.

Cowgirl1 has 2 twin beds ready for pickup.

Christine: You've seen SueR's SUV. Will your rocking chair fit or do you think you need to PM Carol P at the Shelter?

Mindy'sMom: I'll see you soon and thanks for the offer to help. I'll take you up on it...even if it's just to help me with all the details. Being retired for 10 years, I'm a little out of practice, but I'm slowly getting back into a coordinating routine.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I owe any of you a response, pls PM me.

On this new list - thus far we have:

Round Table and Four Chairs
Microwave
2 Floor Lamps
Some curtains and curtain rods
two toy boxes
a rocking chair and a bread maker

Please check the list above from carol P and add to *this* list so we compilate a running list of what we have thus far. If I missed you; please be sure to add your stuff to this list as well.

Thank you, Everyone ~ I hope you have a great week and Happy Easter to all : )

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Apr '12

Cbel it will fit.......no problem!

Christine Christine
Apr '12

Hello Ladies,its Carol P from the shelter. I know one of you have bunk beds to donate. Has anyone been in contact with someone who would be able to deliver them to Washington if they are left in Hackettstown?
The same client is also in need of summer clothes for her boys. Their sizes are 5/6 & 7/8. If anyone has clothes for these boys, they can contact me directly on the hotline-(908)453-4181. I am here Monday -Friday from 7:30-4:00.
I look foward to hearing from you.
Keep up the life changing work!!!!
Thanks again.Carol P

carol P carol P
Apr '12

carol P: I have someone who has two wooden twin beds, but no mattresses. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear from her.

Cbel: Have a Gevalia coffee maker I will donate...Can give it to you if we are back home by Friday night to go to the Legion supper..

Joyful Joyful
Apr '12

It's me it's me it's me I have the beds ,just have sooooo much going on Cybel I wii call you this Friday

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Apr '12

Here is a long-overdue update.

I made a trip to the Shelter today and gave them

a set of new dishes and coffee mugs still in the box
a bag of towels
a coffee maker
a bread maker
laundry detergent
several Debbie Ford books (She is a best-selling author of motivational books for women.)
exercise videos
toiletries

Thank you to ilovebeingamommy, joyful, and Christine.

Carol said she will post some comments from women who have received our donations.

Be sure to tell us what else you will need, Cbel. ...so we can plan for your next visit.

Joyful Joyful
Apr '12

I can pick the bink beds and deliver them the only thing is I caanot lift alot and do stairs so if its only a HUGE van and a driver I can help. If I have the manpower to help we are good to go.

Christine Christine
Apr '12

I also have additional things I could donate, including a very nice ottoman (which I really don't have the room for) in neutral colors and matching throw pillows which would go with any chair.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Apr '12

Christine: I'll get back to you on Monday.

MM: Let's talk tonight at the Legion.

@CBEL, I have a few things, toiletries, & wash clothes. Will send them with GC if you're going to dinner tonight. I can't go, previous plans but would like to get them to you to add to the pile. Will probably have more after the garage sale.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '12

That's great, Bessie. Thanks!

Bessie: That was some bagful of goodies. On behalf of Carol P, thank you!

Hi Ladies,

I have decided to post some quotes to clients who have received your donations:

" I knew starting over again would be difficult. Finally having dinner plates and a table to sit at with my children somehow gives us the ability to feel everything is going to be ok again."

" I never knew not having a can opener and glasses could feel so humiliating ."
Please thank the people who cared enough to think of the little things in life."

"I never knew that one day I would have to leave all the material things I worked so hard for in life behind. Having been given the bare necessities makes me feel like maybe I can start all over again!" "Thank you to the people who cared enough to donate items that may seem simple to others, but means the world to me and my children."
Ladies, please read all quotes and take a moment to realize that you are giving these people a chance at starting life over again. Not having dishes to eat off of and pots to cook a meal sometimes tempts these victims to give up!!
PLEASE keep up the good work, I can not do it with out you!! Carol P

carol P carol P
Apr '12

Thanks for posting, Carol. It felt good to read that.

I have another container almost full that I can deliver at the end of the week (Thanks, Bessie!) and hopefully more after the town-wide garage sale is over.

To everyone having a sale: I'll be glad to pick up any leftover items that you think the Shelter might use. Just post here or PM me. TIA .... and Good Luck with your sales!

I am having a sale this weekend too, Cbel, and will be happy to donate any household items left over that the ladies might want or need. I will let you know.

Joyful Joyful
Apr '12

Thanks, Joyful!

Hello Ladies, its Carol P.
I am hoping one of you can help me.

We have a black cat with green eyes who comes to the shelter every day. She stands up on 2 legs and looks into my office window and cries every day!! She is full of personality and runs to you like a dog when you call her. She is obviously homeless and is extremely friendly and beautiful!!!!
Is there anyone who knows someone who could adopt her? She has been coming to us for weeks now and I am having a hard time finding her a home!
I am not suppose to feed her but refuse to turn the other way, so I am currently sneaking her food twice a day.
If you know of anyone, please let me know. I am unable to take her picture and post it from my phone at this time but will keep trying. Hopefully one of you can help her. Carol P

carol P carol P
Apr '12

cbel, how are you doing with the contributions? I'm cleaning out my garage and anticipate having a few boxes of stuff in the near future.

Someone should tell Rebecka about her.

Christine Christine
May '12

Hi, Bonv! Three HLers contacted me last week are donating yard-sale leftovers. My car is loaded with yesterday's pickup, and I have one more on Friday and one on Sunday.

The problem is that the Shelter doesn't have much storage space and can't store everything I collect. But since I don't want to turn down any donations, I'm taking everything and looking for storage space. So far an HLer has set aside a portion of her garage for me. I'll keep an inventory, tell Carol P what we have, and then deliver as needed.

So getting back to your question, please let me know what you have. I'll see what the Shelter needs right now, and will store the rest of your things.

Thanks!

cbel - I have a shopping bag with glassware and a small lamp that I packed in bubble wrap and newspaper and will bring with me on Sunday at the "Knights" breakfast.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
May '12

Thanks, MM!

I have three large boxes full, Cbel, so if you would rather I hang onto these until you have someplace to store it all....I can do that or I will just bring it Friday as planned.

Joyful Joyful
May '12

Joyful: If you think they can fit in my trunk, OK. Two for sure, three maybe not. We'll see.

The Duke says they will fit so if he says they will fit......I guess they will fit!!! Lol

Joyful Joyful
May '12

Well, far be it from me to argue with The Duke! :)

Hello Ladies, its Carol P from the shelter.

I have a mother of 3 moving into a new apartment June 1st.

Thanks to all of you she has the basic necessities.

However, she does need a kitchen table & chairs and a couch.

I now have the room to store it until the end of May if anyone has these items.

Please feel free to contact me directly on the hotline(908)453-4181 or go through cbel.

Again, thank you for all you have done in the past and continue to do for these victims!!!

carol P carol P
May '12

I have a round kitchen table and chairs - just need someone to pick up and deliver : )

happy2bhere happy2bhere
May '12

If I can be told where to drop it off, I can pick up.

Cbel: I see a free couch in Panther Valley in the Forum Classifieds today as well.

Joyful Joyful
May '12

I have 4 nice throw pillows that are neutral colors and would go beautifully with any couch. I'll bring them to breakfast on Sunday.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
May '12

Hi Ladies,

I see someone commented about having a table and chair set. If no one is available

to deliver, I may be able to pick them up my self. Can that person contact me on the

hotline to make to necessary arrangements? (908)453-4181 Thank you, Carol P

P.S- This client still needs a couch if anyone has one. Thank you again

carol P carol P
May '12

I have a couch/sofa bed. Does anyone have a way to transport? It's full size and will not fit in my SUV. It's also quite heavy.

ask: If you call the hotline number in carol P's post right above yours, she may be able to pick it up.

Good morning Ladies,

I have a mother of 3 moving out of the safe house at the end of June.

Thanks to all of you she will have dishes and basic necessities to start with.

The items she will still need are as follows: beds and dressors , living room furniture, flatware,

microwave, canisters, pot & pans, toaster or toaster oven, sheets & blankets, tv,

curtains & curtain rods and possibly pictures to decorate the walls. If anyone can

help with these items, please call (908)453-4181 or e-mail. me.

Thank you for all your help, Carol P

carol P carol P
Jun '12

carol P: I have some sheets and pictures...will get in touch with you soon.

BTW folks, a Hackettstown Lifer PM'd me because she has a sewing machine she doesn't need. Well, it turns out that Carol told me that a woman who recently left the Shelter is a seamstress and will be able to use it to do some alterations to earn some extra money.

We're making a difference!

Hello ladies,

I have another client with 4 children, all boys, moving out of shelter at the end of the

month. She is starting all over again with nothing but twin beds!

The items I do not have are dressers, couches, coffee tables, tv's, can openers,

microwaves, toaster ovens, coffee pots, crock pots, pots and frying pans, curtains,

sheets& blankets and dining room table and chairs. If you are someone you know

would like to donate these items, please feel to contact me thru the

hotline-(908)453-4181 or e-mail @ carol221@earthlink.net

Thank you all!!

carol P carol P
Jun '12

carol P: Does she need any boys' clothes? Sizes if she does, pls.

HLers: A remnder - I will pick up anything that can fit in my Saturn. Just let me know.

cbel - I can help coordinating and/or picking up items for this new family.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Jun '12

I have a table and cahirs for the kitchen/diningroom. Just need muscles.....I have the van.

Christine Christine
Jun '12

MM: Thank you! Let's see who has anything to donate.

cbel. I have 4 new sets of twin sheets and a can opener (manual, but that's more sanitary). If you are collecting, let me know. Maybe I can drop it at the KofC breakfast.

Christine: That's great! Pls pm carol P. I don't know often she checks this thread.

maja: Also great! I'll look for you tomorrow. We're there from 9:30 till about 10:30 or so.

I have cbel.....waiting for a response from her.

Christine Christine
Jun '12

If it's just muscular resources you need, that can be arranged.

I have twin sheets and blankets and curtains as well ~ microwave and I still have the dining table and chairs ~ but I need muscle and pick up ~~ let me know when is good for pick up : )

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Jun '12

Christine: I figured you did. It just takes awhile.

GC: I know. You're always there and I appreciate it.

Hi! I have two console (not flat screen) tvs, 20 and 32 inch) that I'm willing to donate. email me at kris_101112@yahoo.com

Ghee Ghee Ghee Ghee
Jun '12

..also a small portable washing machine that you spin by hand...
its unused and perfect for apartment living

Ghee Ghee Ghee Ghee
Jun '12

cbel ~ I got stuck on that waiting for a response from CarolP last time ~ just an fyi ~ never did hear back : (

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Jun '12

Maybe email isn't the best way. Have you tried a phone call?

Yes, but no call back ~ Anyway, this is a new family that needs help, hopefully we can get it together this time. Just let me know when it's best for pick up ~ Thanks! : )

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Jul '12

Ghee Ghee and happy: I'll call Carol tomorrow and get back to you here.

thanks cbel. if you dont hear from me, Im at kris_101112@yahoo.com

Ghee Ghee Ghee Ghee
Jul '12

FYI: I just called the shelter. They said Carol doesn't work on Mondays...will try again tomorrow.

Ghee Ghee and happy: I just realized I never reported back. I took another carload to Carol on Tuesday. I suggested that she email each of you directly to make some arrangements. If you haven't heard from her yet, or don't hear from her soon, please PM me.

Hope it works this time ~

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Jul '12

Hello Ladies,

AI am sorry, I have been out of the office on a family emergency!!! I am back to work now. Please refresh my memory to anyone who is waiting to hear from me. I will be near a computer all week. My e-mail is as follows: carol221@earthlink.net
You are also welcome to call me on the hotline for a quicker response-(908)453-4181 and ask for Carol P.
Nothing has changed, I still can not accept any donations that are too heavy for me to lift and we do not have any help with that issue.
I do have a client with 2 boys, ages 6 and 8. She calls me every week asking if I have any bicycles to donate for her boys. If anyone has any bikes for kids that age, PLEASE call me.
I also brought the donated sewing machine to my client today and boy, she cried up a storm!!! All happy tears and is so excited that she can resume alterations that have been put on hold without her sewing machine.
Thank you all for all your efforts!!!
Again, if you are waiting to hear from me, please e-mail or call me. Thank you, Carol P

carol P carol P
Jul '12

Carol P: Thanks for your post. I wish you well with your own "stuff". So let's all get back in the swing of things. Again, I will pick up anything that will fit in my Saturn and deliver to the shelter.

We need to find a way to deliver the big items when available and needed. Any suggestions?

Hello Ladies,

I have a mom with a toddler moving out at the end of the month. She actually has family members that are willing to assist in helping move heavy furniture!!!
She is in need of a toddler bed which I had turned down in the past because I didn't have anyone to move it.
She will also need the following items: dressers, tv's, dvd player for her son, couch, bed, and any other furniture anyone is willing to donate. This is the first client moving out of the safe house that actually has family support and the means to move heavy furniture, so the sky's the limit on this one! Thank you all and good luck.
Again, please feel free to call me if you have any questions. I am in the office from Tues-Fri-7:15-5pm (908)453-4181

carol P carol P
Jul '12

I wanted to bump this thread up. I know of someone that has a crib available for dontation and will forward Carol P's info.

Firefly Firefly
Jul '12

I have a full size couch/sofabed if anyone can help transport it. It's very heavy. pm me if anyone can help to get it.

Firefly and ask: If you PM Carol P, I'm sure she'll get back to you to make arrangements.

Hello Ladies,

I have another family moving out in one week. Thanks to all of you she will leave with

the basic necessities as far as kitchen and bathroom items.

The items she is lacking are couches, table & chairs, coffee tables and tv's.

This client does not have a vehicle so we wont be able to take anything that cant fit in a

mini van. If anyone has any of these items and they are not too heavy, please call me.

Thank you, Carol P/Hotline-(908)453-4181

carol P carol P
Aug '12

Would any HL men like to help out delivery with a kitchen table and chairs. I have one and just need the men! I have the van.

Christine Christine
Aug '12

Hello Ladies,

I have several families moving out at the end of the month.

They will be in need of the following items: kitchen table & chairs, pots & pans, utensils,

couches, coffee tables, and any other household odds & ends would be appreciated.

If you or anyone you know has these items to donate, please call me on the

hotline-(908)453-4181 and ask for Carol P. Thank you

carol P carol P
Aug '12

Christine - Did you get the help you needed - I would be happy to grab a few people and get the job done. Just seeing this now and it sounds like Warren County Battered Women's Service could use it.

Firefly Firefly
Aug '12

No I never got the help. I have the table.

Christine Christine
Aug '12

Christine - you have mail.

Firefly Firefly
Aug '12

I've got a table and chairs ready to go as well . . but need the help and transport ~

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Aug '12

Happy you have mail...I just spoke to Carol P at the Shelter - It seems she has a mini van that is available and she can pick up today - tomorrow if there is help on your end. I can help you -

Christine we can deliver there on Sunday....I need to see if my grandson is available - Football is 7 days a week now. Anyone else available to take a ride on Sun?

Firefly Firefly
Aug '12

She needs pots and pans also if anyone has any.

IFirefly IFirefly
Aug '12

I can't do today, but I can tomorrow (my computer is acting wacky - can't find my d: drive and email is weird, but that's another topic).

Tomorrow is good. Give me a call or send me a text -- or just post on here as to when is good for you tomorrow.

I am available to help out on Sunday as well.

Thanx! : )

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Aug '12

happy...I don't seem to have your number...If you call Carol P at the hotline # -(908)453-4181 ask for Carol P. and arrange for her to pick up and your place I can meet you there @ 4. Friday's are tough for me...that's the best I can do. Otherwise it will have to wait for another week. Up to you.

Firefly Firefly
Aug '12

Thanks, FF ~ I'll call in the morning and let you know.

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Aug '12

Bumping up..any update on what they currently need?

Bessie Bessie
Aug '12

Bessie: I just called Carol and here's what she listed a week ago.

Hello Ladies,

They will be in need of the following items: kitchen table & chairs, pots & pans, utensils,

couches, coffee tables, and any other household odds & ends would be appreciated.

carol P
1 week ago

Still holds true. Anyone: Call me if you have anything to donate and I'll pick up whatever I can fit in my car. For big items, pls get in touch with Carol P directly. Thanks!

Hello All,

Its Carol P from the shelter. I have a special request that would make one woman very happy. Is there anyone out there who has or knows someone that would be willing to donate a violin?
The violin is something that a victim once played when her life was normal and free of domestic violence. I would love to be able to give her that sense of peace back in her life.
If you know of someone who would be willing to donate a violin, it could change someone's life for the best! Thank you for being there, Carol P

carol P carol P
Sep '12

Contact George Moran at the Valley Music Center in Long Valley - http://valleymusiccenter.com/home

@CarolP, are you still looking for things? Anything in particular?
@cbel, are you still taking things that will fit in your car? Email me if you can

Bessie Bessie
Sep '12

I called Carl P this morning. She has one family leaving 10/1 and one on 11/1. I'm reposting this because the same holds true. Carol said they've never been as busy as these last two months, with the Shelter full and more families waiting. Any questions, pls pm me. Thanks!Bessie: I just called Carol and here's what she listed a week ago.

Hello Ladies,

carol P
1 week ago

Still holds true. Anyone: Call me if you have anything to donate and I'll pick up whatever I can fit in my car. For big items, pls get in touch with Carol P directly. Thanks!

cbel
3 weeks ago

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all the donations Cbel brought me.! I had 2 ladies that were extremely grateful to get them and would have exited the shelter with nothing if it wasn't for everyone.

I am currently in need of comforters, blankets,pots & pans, lamps, toiletries, bake ware, mixing bowls, shower curtains, curtains, toasters, microwaves, tables & chairs, & televisions & children's sleeping bags. I have another group moving on November !st. If anyone can help me to send the ladies on their way to their new apartments with the basic necessities, it would make a huge difference in their lives. Thank you, Carol/Hotline-(908)453-4181

carol P carol P
Sep '12

I have a comforter, a bedspread, and a shower curtain - all like new. I just closed out my storage room yesterday, so I still have boxes to go through, so I should have more. I also told me friend and she'll have items from list to donate. I'll call Carol for address and I can drop off. This is such a wonderful thing for everyone to be helping these women.

Joyce Polack Joyce Polack
Sep '12

Just thought of a great idea when cleaning out the attic. I have a small artificial Christmas tree...new boxes of lights, tinsel, bulbs, etc. and lots of new in box Christmas things. With these ladies moving into a new place to live with families this time of the year...thinking they just might like to have that tree and ornaments ready for the Holidays. Cbel...let me know if you would like to pick these up and I will get them ready for you!!

joyful joyful
Oct '12

joyful: What a great idea! I'm going to go through my Christmas things, too. Every year I decorate less and less. I'm sure I could fill a box.

My mom has a good 12 boxes of Christmas things. I'm sure she can "donate/do without/won't miss/won't know/what she doesn't know won't hurt her/you choose" at least a box or five.

Thanks, GC. I'm sure we're going to make some families very happy.

Hello ladies,

Just a reminder that I am currently running low on the following items:

Blankets, pillows, microwaves, pots & pans, lamps, end tables, dressers, nite stands, curtains & blinds, shower curtains, flatware, tea kettles, bake ware, pot holders, mops & brooms, vacumns, flashlights, radios, dvd and or vcr players, dining room table& chairs, etc....
Please bare in mind we need couches and other furniture items but we can not transport anything that will not fit in a mini van. Anyone willing to donate furniture that can transport it as well, please call me on the hotline. (908)453-4181 Thank you, Carol P

carol p carol p
Oct '12

Joyful and Bessie: I just took a carload of your things to Carol. She has two women moving out this week. One was hoping for a Christmas tree and one was hoping for red kitchen utensils.

Don't you just love it?

I have a lighted Christmas tree that I would be willing to donate to the woman looking for a tree. Can you tell me where to donate it? It is a 6' lighted slim tree in good condition.

We just upgraded to a fuller 7 1/2 ' tree to better fit the space in the new house.

Coralie Coralie
Nov '12

Coralie: Great! Let me know when I can pick it up. Are you in Hackettstown?

The flatware I gave you was red..hopefully she was able to use that.

Bessie Bessie
Nov '12

That's why I posted it, Bessie. Carol said the woman will be thrilled!

She told Carol recently that she would like some red kitchen things and Carol said that they take what they can get. And then I come along with your red-handled silverware. You can't beat it!

Someone else asked for a Christmas tree and I came with Joyful's tree and decorations.

And, Coralie, I asked and they would love your tree as well.

Yes, I was able to provide a small tree ( but with all the decorations and trimmings) but Coralie's sounds wonderful for the second woman or if this same woman wants a bigger tree. Thanks, Cbel...for all the work you do with the Domestic Abuse Center....we are all happy to help whenever we can!....just let us know where there is a need...such a good cause!!!

joyful joyful
Nov '12

@cbel, thank you for your continued efforts!! I'm hoping to have items right before Christmas and will post when my organizing is done.

Bonv: You're a peach!

You HL ladies deserve all the credit. All I do is pick up and deliver. We're all making a difference, though.

cbel - You have mail... Sorry was not on line last night. Just checked in this morning

Coralie Coralie
Nov '12

I have a comforter and several pillows that I can donate. I also have some knick-knacks and kids room decor.

Birdie Birdie
Nov '12

What about Christmas gifts?

Birdie Birdie
Nov '12

Birdie: Yes for your everything in your first post. I'll ask about the gifts, but Carol will be out next week, so I'll get back you after that. Thanks for the offer, though.

In fact, the next time I speak to Carol, I'll ask for a Christmas wish list ... if they do that.

Cbel:

Does anyone need Christmas lights and ornaments for the tree? Mine have gotten out of control (I buy more every year, I am an addict!) and I was just saying I should give some away. I can't think of anyone more deserving of some Christmas cheer than a family escaping domestic violence, so I would be happy to donate some of my beloved Christmas decorations to help. I have brand new boxes of lights, boxes of pretty bulbs, Fake snow, garland, etc. Also, I usually give a few toys to toys for tots every year, but I would be more than happy to divert those to the shelter this year. PM me if you're interested and we will schedule a hand off.

Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner since I don't come on much anymore, this is fantastic! :)

Do you need any ladies clothing too? I was going to donate to the Lupus truck, but I know they already get so much.

Sandy Sandy
Nov '12

Sandy: I hope they take the Christmas stuff. I'll know soon (in a week, maybe). Re: clothes, they just don't have room to store. I'll get back to you about the decorations.

Sounds good Cbel! I love a Christmas project. :)

Sandy Sandy
Nov '12

Cbel, just let me know where I can drop stuff off. I also have a boys twin sheet set (dinosaurs) as well.

Birdie Birdie
Nov '12

Ladies: I'm dealing with some "stuff" this week. I'll get back on the stick after Monday. Thanks to you all.

Cbel good luck with your stuff! I hope they will have someone who needs some ornaments, I have some good stuff. If they have an updated list of what they want, I have some people at my office who may be able to donate house wares too.

Oh! And if anyone is looking to buy these families an artificial tree, Walmart has an online deal today for a 5 ft pre-lit fake tree and box of multicolored ornaments for $23 shipped! I wish I had more $$$ and knew how many they would need. What a great deal and it would look so festive. :)

Sandy Sandy
Nov '12

Sandy: If you scroll up to October 16 to a post by Carol P from the shelter, you'll get an idea of what they can use.

I'm sorry i didn't read this whole post its too long. I have a convertible crib w/mattress up for grabs.

908-269-5407

I see from a month ago that they were in need of household items. Since it is closer to Christmas I was wondering if the type of items I have below may be in need.

I was wondering if this would be a good place to donate used toys? I have some used mostly boy toys. Geotracks, Plastic Thomas, as well as miscellaneous items. I just do not have the time to get them ready for consignment and would would rather donate them to people who need them. Most of the items are not in original boxes but are in good condition. If this is something that could be useful, please let me know. I literally have 4+ plastic bins of items.

mybluedaisies mybluedaisies
Dec '12

yes, can you Advise what would be most needed.

a good day
Dec '12

Cbel, I saw the list. Does that mean they don't need ornaments and decorations? That and some baby and womens clothing are what I have right now. I just thought they may enjoy some holiday items. I guess not?

Sandy Sandy
Dec '12

Sandy: Sorry, I meant to get back to you sooner. Carol is not in the office on Mondays so I'll get in touch with her on Tuesday. I already collected a tree and ornaments from joyful and a lighted tree from Coralie.

They have no room to store clothing at all ... too bad.

Mybluedaisies: I'll ask about your toys as well.

I've been missing Carol all week. She's been out of the office, on the road. She doesn't work on Mondays so I'll get serious on Tuesday. Sorry for the delay.

Hi, i wanted to see if they are still in need of household items especially for the kitchen. I work at an apartment community, and one of our residents ask a bunch of items they would like to donate but did not know where to start. when he told me this i immediately thought of this group that was in need back in March and was hoping they we may be able to help them. If anyone has more information to what they still need and where we can bring it to now that would be great. Thank you in advance.

conqueryourfear
Dec '12

conqueryour fear: YES! PM me and let me know how to get in touch with you.

Bumping this thread in case anyone wants to reach out to this group.

Firefly Firefly
Jan '14

I have some boy's baby to 12 month clothes. Can you tell me where I can donate these?
Thanks

A good day
Apr '16

A good day - Call the number that was listed above: (908) 453-4181. Arrange drop off through them.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.