Spring Clean Up for H'Town

I usually get a flyer with the dates of when everything is going on in town. As I didn't receive one this year I am hoping my friends on here can help..I have a lot of stuff that I need to get rid of and was wondering if anyone new if there was a date set for the annual Spring Clean Up for the Hackettstown residents? Thanks for your help!!

Caring Mom Caring Mom
Mar '12

From the Hackettstown website DPW calendar:

SPRING &
FALL CLEAN-UP ***
Spring Clean Up items will NOT be collected curbside. Residents are responsible for transporting items to the Miller Street Fire House on the following dates and times during the listed two weekends: Friday, April 13, 2012 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, April 14, 2012 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and Friday, September 28, 2012 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, September 29, 2012 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PROOF OF RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED. HOUSEHOLD ITEMS ONLY to be accepted; this does NOT include yard trimmings (grass, brush, branches, etc.), hazardous waste materials (propane tanks, tires, concrete, asphalt, paint, etc.) or recyclable materials. In addition, televisions and computer components will be accepted AT A PER ITEM COST: Television sets (except for console sets): $25.00 each, large console television sets: $50.00 each, computer monitors (any size): $15.00 each, desktop towers: $5.00 each, laptops: $5.00 each, and hard drives: $5.00 each. For disposal of these items at no cost please see the website for Pollution Control Financing Authority of Warren County, www.pcfawc.com, for information regarding the Hazardous Waste Clean Up dates sponsored by Warren County. Absolutely NO CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS, such as shingles, sheet rock, lumber, tiles, fence/fence posts, siding, windows and doors will be accepted – this includes any materials related to home renovation projects. Homeowners involved in renovation projects within their household should contact the Warren County Landfill, (908) 453-2174, for options pertaining to construction material disposal.

Thank you so much Greg, this is exactly what I was looking for!!!!

Caring Mom Caring Mom
Mar '12

Just FYI for anyone that wants, the free county Electronics & Hazardous day is Sunday April 22.

While we're here... when does brush and grass clipping disposal begin in Hackettstown? I still have broken branches that need to be pulled out of trees from the snow storm in Oct! I'll get to them, I just don't want them piled up for weeks before I can get rid of them. Thanx

USAfirst USAfirst
Mar '12

Here's the link to the whole DPW schedule that Greg quoted from, and also includes the grass clippings as well as leaf pickup schedule, Christmas tree pickup and more:

http://www.hackettstown.net/doc/2012-schedule-of-events.pdf

Grass clippings begins April 14.

Couldn't get back to the home computer until tonight. Thanks so much for the link. I usually get this handout every year, but I just don't think I got it this year. It could also be that with this incredible weather, I'm anxious to get rolling.

USAfirst USAfirst
Mar '12

Flyers were not sent out to individual households. The Town felt too much time was being wasted by the DPW men distributing them for 3 or 4 days. The town website has all the information. Dates are similar to 2011 dates if you still have that calendar.

big sports fan big sports fan
Mar '12

GC - the FREE electronics day on 4/22 is at the Recycling in Oxford?

In Mansfield, electronics recycling day is 3/24 from 830-1230.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.