Whitney Houston - R.I.P.?

I just heard on the news on WRNJ that she died, but I haven't been able to confirm it. Anyone?

Breaking news on Yahoo confirms it. No details yet tho.

BroadwayNJ BroadwayNJ
Feb '12

I just read that on my Yahoo home page..no details though.

aaeadena aaeadena
Feb '12

It is on a few websites but no details. So young at 48.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Feb '12

I just saw it on msnbc.com

Lisa L
Feb '12

I found this

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46355482/ns/today-entertainment/t/singing-superstar-whitney-houston-dies-publicist-says/

Christine Christine
Feb '12

Her tape of..."I honestly love you"is in my car and I play that all the time...What a voice! ...This is really sad news!

Joyful Joyful
Feb '12

Its very sad news.........But wondering why it is not plastered everywhere?

Christine Christine
Feb '12

On CNN now!

Christine Christine
Feb '12

Its all the same article from what I can find with no details.

joyful-isnt that Olivia Newton Johns song? Do you mean I Will Always Love you?

icicle icicle
Feb '12

How sad, she was so young and worse yet her daughter is young. RIP.

Bonv
Feb '12

tmz reporting died at the Beverly Hills Hilton this afternoon.

outsider outsider
Feb '12

Her Wikipedia page has already been updated with her death.. So sad.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '12

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/whitney-houston-regal-superstar-of-records-movies-whose-career-was-ravaged-by-drugs-dies/2012/02/11/gIQAhkJ96Q_story.html

She and Bobby Brown lived in Chester, on the other side of Long Valley, for a long time.

My mom saw Kevin Costner on the street there when they had their wedding.

Erik B. Anderson Erik B. Anderson
Feb '12

Drugs?

copygirl copygirl
Feb '12

My buddy's dad, ex-trooper worked security for her at her house. He said she was really nice lady but Bobby Brown was a total ahole. BB is the one that killed her 25 years ago getting her hooked on drugs.

Her national anthem at SP XXV Giants vs Bills was the best ever!

RIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llFZT6CTXz8

Their house on N. Gate Road in Mendham was on the market for years. I don't think it ever sold, it was originally listed for 2.5 million and the last price was 1.75 million. I remember when the wedding was held there. I knew several police officers who were on duty that day and the stories they told of the star sightings in the area.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '12

copygirl? Is that necessary? Yes, she had a history with drugs, but you should not assume or question if that is the reason for her death.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Feb '12

Me4: May we all remember her for that.

The house was in Mendham. When I was a teenager I worked at Blockbuster in Morristown, she used to come in the store all the time with her daughter and Bobby Brown.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Feb '12

Unfortunately for most of us, after remembering the talent that she was, the next thought was of the tragedy her life became, much of it drug related. She truly was one of the talents of our time.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '12

A good memory of always singing along to her songs in the car, even though you're miles away from her talent. You just wanted to sing with her. She was extraordinary. I do hope the Grammys tomorrow honor her in song and not in references her past problems. She gave so much to the world of music. It's a sad day.

INeedMoreCowBell INeedMoreCowBell
Feb '12

It's sad she died but the media always focuses on celebrities passing away more than our Troops who risk there lives day and night, people don't understand that nowadays

@Clyde Potts, why is that such an unnecessary question to ask if her death was drug related? She was a drug addict.
I know I might get some major back lash for saying this but I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for her. I guess I'm not looking at her as a singer first but as a mother. If her addiction did start 25 years ago and her daughter is I think 19 this means her daughter had to live in a household with two drug addicts and possible physical abuse. Whitney had 19 years to get her daughter out of that environment and get herself clean but chose drugs over her daughter. Now, I understand the saying "don't judge someone until you walk in their shoes" and I really do try to respect this quote BUT it is her daughter that will be most affected by her selfish actions. Apparently, her daughter has already been caught with cocaine so now deals with her own issues...she was probably born addicted to it.

villani villani
Feb '12

Sorry to hear this, she was so talented. I hope she is at peace now. I feel for her daughter.

Dancingshoes
Feb '12

I feel sorry for anyone that fights an addiction..not an easy thing for some to stop, no matter who is involved in their life, be it children, parents, siblings, whoever. I agree with INMCB, she deserves to be honored tomorrow at the Grammy's for the talent that she was. I doubt they will make reference to her addiction. I'm sure everyone will have their own opinion on her life and death, but in the end, really what concern of it is ours. We didn't live her life.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '12

Now official in that HL has surpassed FB for my breaking news coverage!

Antimony Antimony
Feb '12

I will bring this in to focus
To day we have heard of the death of Whitney Houston. and it can be a shame that a beautiful voice will go silent and that is a untimely shame but she will live on ,

if it was drugs or the way these people who have so much live there lifes it is there fault and ours for building them up to this and I wish it was not so , so blessed be to her and I hope you find your way on this new journey to where it may led my the eliments ring out a tune for you to follow peace be with you Whitney Houston

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Feb '12

RIP ~ Heaven has called another great voice to add to their choir today.

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Feb '12

CA..your words are so true..thank you for sharing

Bessie Bessie
Feb '12

I loved her last Cd...and my most favorite song is, I Look to You, and that is how I shall always remember her<3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pze_mdbOK8&ob=av2e

reedfamilyrocks reedfamilyrocks
Feb '12

Beautiful face and voice.

Firefly Firefly
Feb '12

So sad...she is proof of how drugs and alcohol can ruin a life. I remember watching her in an interview just a couple of years ago with Barbara Walters. She looked completely drained and older than she really was. Unfortunately, although we don't know what she did die from at this point, I do think it is due to the rough life she led. 48 is too young.

youngnfresh youngnfresh
Feb '12

RIP. A wonderful voice has been silenced.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '12

Loved her and Kostner in The Bodyguard movie .. she had a great voice..beautiful..

darlughh darlughh
Feb '12

It's so sad of Whitney Houston passing.my prayers goes too the family and friends and her greatest fans!! She had the greatest voice every. I grew up with her beautiful voice.

kittykat63 kittykat63
Feb '12

"A true friend walks in the door when the rest of the world walks out"

& I'm guessing in the end - broke & high in a hotel room - Whitney had run out of true friends.

Peace

@mike: EXACTLY.

Not saying is isn't sad when ANYONE dies, but it always pisses me off when people feel this "awesome sadness" when a celebrity dies- even if by their own hand (drugs, suicide, whatever), yet hearing the news that 19 more soldiers were killed, or another cop was killed, or another fireman died in the line of duty, elicits little to no emotional reaction at all...especially with soldiers.

Sorry. She was a talent- and even I was a bit sad when MJ passed (he was one of the most gifted musicians...yes, he was a musician... singer/composer/arranger/producer..., of our time.) But they were playing with fire. When you play with fire long enough, you get burned.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Feb '12

Such a beautiful, talented woman. Her voice was angelic. Prayers for her family.

I stand corrected. She lived in Mendham, not Chester. But my mom did see Kevin Costner in Chester when she and Bobby got married in the early 90's.

Feb '12

Well said Villani & JeffersonRepub! They made there own grave.

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Feb '12

Whitney Houston gave the most outstanding rendition of OUR National Anthem ever presented or recorded, No one will ever surpass it - enough said RIP.

oldsoldier oldsoldier
Feb '12

I agree with that, Old Soldier...it gives me chills just thinking of how she sang OUR National Anthem. As I said previously, she was one of our very best singers of all time. This is sad, indeed, RIP Whitney.

Joyful Joyful
Feb '12

I'm with Mike and JR. I don't feel a thing for Whitney. She had a life better than 99% of the people out there. She chose to take that first hit. Her money went to fund a criminal drug enterprise that was used to buy weapons that, in turn, killed innocent people and law enforcement officers.

I don't know if she died from an overdose and I'm not implying she did. If one of those murdered individuals were a friend or relative of yours, would you feel so sad about this wonderful singer that you've never met or did anything for you?

emaxxman emaxxman
Feb '12

I'm sad for her daughter.

I'm sad for her mom.

I'm sad for her entire family and close friends.

I'm also sad for the familes, when I hear of a fireman or policeman die in the line of duty.

I'm also sad when I hear about men and women that die in the line of duty while they are serving for our country.

I'm also sad when I hear of a child or an inocent person that dies in the cross fire of a gang battle.

I am also sad when I hear little empathy for someone who has stuggled with drug addiction. While that first hit might have been their choice, the second, third and forth were not.

I'm sad that some think that just because I show sadness for one type of situation I cant have sadness for another.

abbadabbadooooo abbadabbadooooo
Feb '12

Villani, JR, emaxxman, etc. . . . Consider yourselves all very fortunate as it's obvious none of you ever had to experience a loved one, friend, co-worker, etc., struggle with an addiction whether drugs or alcohol!!

Seriously emaxxman your bigotry exudes your very being - do you have proof of your allegation or just another one of your "ignorant opinions" . . . here's a thought perhaps her money went to feed another addicts child . . . . . who's to say, but all of you and your lack of empathy is truly pathetic. Seems a few of you are addicted to this forum by spreading your negativity and judgmental opinions daily but that's the beauty of "freedom of speech"! The same freedom of speech our beloved troops die for every day - and how DARE you JR say the death of law enforcement, or our beloved brave soldiers "elicits little to no emotional reaction at all...". Where was your last posting of your heart wrenched feeling on the topic - guessed I missed that one! Many of us either have family that are soldiers or in law enforcement just because we don't rant about the misgivings of life daily doesn't allow YOU to judge our emotions on the topic!

Each of you should truly try going out and experiencing "real" life - perhaps go and volunteer in a drug rehab for a day or attend an Al-Anon meeting and listen to people who suffer from the grips of addiction then come back and give your nasty, holier than thou opinions! I believe there is only ONE JUDGE and it isn't any of you negative, ignorant and pathetic few that enjoy spewing your nastiness on this forum daily - there is more to life - get out there and discover it! Meanwhile I'll continue to pray for your ignorance and hope none of you ever have to personally suffer the ugliness of addiction!!

R.I.P. Whitney - you were blessed with a beautiful voice and cursed with a horrid addiction may you find the peace you so desperately sought!!

luvlife
Feb '12

I was a little surprised........

That she went before Bobby, cause he is a hot mess!!

Just Asking Just Asking
Feb '12

@abadabbadoo--I couldn't have expressed my thoughts any better than you have..thank you.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '12

JA ~ the same thought occurred to me . . just a shame.

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Feb '12

@luvlife, why is it SO obvious that we never had our own experience? I personally dealt with a cocaine and crack problem for almost 5 years. So don't say that I think I'm holier than anyone else and I need to deal with "real" life. I don't need to volunteer at a rehab too see what "real" life is about. I lived it. I spent nights hanging on the streets of Paterson looking to get a fix. I could go on about a lot of the "real" life experiences but I won't. After seeing to stress put on my family and loosing friends I came to terms that I need to end the addiction. Being an addict is very selfish and I quit on my own. As I said I try not to judge people as obviously I have my own bad past BUT she was a mother that bought a child into this world and raised that child in a drug infested household. I feel that people are just putting a blind eye on her horrible parenting just because she had a talent. I see her as no better than anyone else so why should she get a pass just because she was famous. She had talent but she was also a drug addict.
Also, I have had friends die by suicide and drug addiction. So please...don't preach about "real" life. If Whitney and Bobby were "normal" people..our neighbors they might not have been able to get away with all the drug use for 19 years with a child AND the violence. Any other household the child would have been taken away. Why are we excusing someone just because they are famous. She did this to herself and died by her own hands. I don't blame anyone for my drug addiction. Every single time I used that was MY decision. I'm not going to blame the people that first introduced me to it...that's just an excuse. Blaming Bobby is just an excuse. I'm not trying to bash her, I just feel that the person that's going to pay for this is her daughter. Whitney's a peace, now her daughter has to live this life long struggle that her parents pushed on her. God bless her!

villani villani
Feb '12

Great talent gone.

Milo
Feb '12

How Ironic I was listening to a rap station on the way to an 80's dance party last night and it was announced... I think my mouth hit the floor....

Pepper Cat Pepper Cat
Feb '12

luvlife says "here's a thought perhaps her money went to feed another addicts child".

I don't know for sure but I'm guessing Whitney, being very wealthy, supported many charities. But I think we can safely say that she and her husband spent lots of money to buy drugs. I don't think any of the drug money went to help the children of drug addicts. The money they spent on drugs, likely helped create more drug addicts and fund criminal activity. There is no way to say for sure, but it's a safe bet, the money Whitney Huston spent on drugs contributed to the destruction of other lives and families. That was her choice.

It's sad what happened and I hope her family can move forward in a positive way.

Freedom Watch Freedom Watch
Feb '12

Well said and Amen Villani. You are a stronger person as a results of your experence in life and I respect you and know you will never make those poor choices ever again. Thank god you had enough sense to say no to drugs as I did back in the day. I have absolutely no tolerance for drug addicts I consider them weak people.

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Feb '12

@villani – I don’t want to turn this post into something other than the initial topic – “Whitney’s Death”. The primary purpose for my post to you and the others was for you to realize addict or not, it is SAD that Whitney died, and to minimize her death, and/or to diss others over their sorrow over her death due to her addiction was in my opinion “insensitive”. No one was trying to “excuse” her over being an addict rather just expressing sorrow over her death. As to her parenting abilities I wouldn’t know, I never met her. However I am also SAD for her daughter too – now she has no mother – addict or not. The “obvious” statement was derived by your initial post specifically the comment “Now, I understand the saying "don't judge someone until you walk in their shoes" and I really do try to respect this quote . . . . ” thus leading me to believe you hadn’t had the “experience”. Wishing you continued success on your sobriety.

luvlife
Feb '12

FW ~ “There is no way to say for sure” . . . was precisely my point! That was why I used such a far fetched analogy . . . . . who really knows?!?! Thanks for reacting precisely in the manner as I knew someone would!

luvlife
Feb '12

Villani. Very well said. Glad you are doing well.

vicnity vicnity
Feb '12

So sad for her family.Some people still blame bobby brown for her demons, however whitney used before she met him so he is not to blame. I believe they were both sick people with to much money.When you put 2 addicts together and millions of dollars you get a huge mess.Very sad for her daughter. May she rest in piece

luvjaz luvjaz
Feb '12

luvlife: I'm confused by your statement "thanks for reacting the way I knew someone would".

What part of my post upset you? If there is anything in my previous post that is wrong, please let me know.

I simply said that Whitney Huston probably did support many charities, but the money she spent on drugs likely hurt many as well.

Freedom Watch Freedom Watch
Feb '12

@luvlife:

You obviously missed my point, or didn't read my post thoughtfully enough. I didn't say someone's death, albeit from drugs, wasn't a sad thing- I said IF it was from drugs it was at least partially their own fault. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. I'm sick & tired of no one having to be responsible for anything these days because "they have a disease/mental disorder", "they were beaten/molested as a child", or upmteen other excuses used these days. Actions have consequences. Period. It's called REAL LIFE.

If someone doesn't want to die from drug abuse, I suggest they ACCEPT HELP. Note I did not say stop doing drugs, I understand the addictive personality. I said ACCEPT help. If people are trying to help you and you refuse that help, from that point on it's all on YOU. YOUR actions, YOUR consequences. Life goes on. Welcome to the cold hard truth of real life.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Feb '12

FW: There was nothing wrong about your post. My comment was to your reference of “The money they spent on drugs, likely helped create more drug addicts and fund criminal activity” . . . and perhaps you are right – but really who knows . . . even doctors are known for prescribing these addictive drugs.

The real true point I was trying to make in my post, is who are any of us to judge another . . . . . Yes the woman was a self admitted addict – but does that take away any and all of the good she may have also done? It’s a rhetorical question. When I read the posts this morning it really upset me that others were getting chastised for expressing their sorrow. It’s SAD, the woman is dead, her child is now motherless, addict or not. I truly don’t believe addicts want to be, let alone want to die from it, some are lucky and beat their addiction but too many others cannot and don’t. She also won 6 Grammy’s in addition to various other awards. People enjoyed her music, myself included, why not allow others to celebrate the happiness she brought to them in her music, etc., versus the few that seem to always hone in on the negative. As my father taught me – “if you have nothing nice to say – say nothing” . . . .

I believe abbadabbadooooo definitely said it best and I agree with his/her post whole heartedly - I'll have to practice on my eloquence, as I let my emotions get the better of me.

I agree with you and also hope Whitney’s family can move forward in a positive way! Nuff said.

luvlife
Feb '12

Yet another wonderful voice silenced in 2012. Etta James last month and now Whitney.

Sounds like she partied hard right before her death

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/02/12/whitney-houston-dead-prescription-drugs-drowned-autopsy/

Nosila Nosila
Feb '12

"Seriously emaxxman your bigotry exudes your very being - "

Yep, as much as I try to fight prejudice in every day life, I accept that description with pride. I will never have respect for or accept anyone that knowingly takes drugs despite the abundant proof that DRUGS KILL!

"do you have proof of your allegation or just another one of your "ignorant opinions" . . . here's a thought perhaps her money went to feed another addicts child "

THE DUMBEST STATEMENT that I've heard in a long time. Yeah, I'm sure a lot of drug dealers and cartel leaders have outreach programs to help their needy customers.

"Each of you should truly try going out and experiencing "real" life - perhaps go and volunteer in a drug rehab for a day or attend an Al-Anon meeting and listen to people who suffer from the grips of addiction "

NO! I'm 40 and never once allowed myself to be in the presence of any kind of drug. It wasn't easy and it made for some boring Friday nights but I made my choice. Addicts make their choice with their first snort, puff, or injection. Not my problem if they're suffering.

emaxxman emaxxman
Feb '12

When a celebrity can live without eating, sleeping, or pooping like the rest of us then I will understand putting them on a pedestal. Until then they're just human beings, deserving of the same respect (or lack thereof) as everyone else. A particular talent in life isn't enough, for me anyway, to dismiss certain behaviors. She made choices in her life, as we all do, and had to deal with the consequences.

I feel bad for her and for her choices, but ignoring them and how they affected her life is wrong IMO.

justintime justintime
Feb '12

At this point we still dont know what it was that put Whitney in the grave and I as one will wait for the toxic report if they give out the truth but till then
voice has gonr from this world and respect the fact that she was a person just like the rest of us , Blessed be

Feb '12

"I'm 40 and never once allowed myself to be in the presence of any kind of drug. It wasn't easy and it made for some boring Friday nights but I made my choice. Addicts make their choice with their first snort, puff, or injection. Not my problem if they're suffering."
WELL SAID EMAXXMAN

As for my feelings "I have absolutely no tolerance for drug addicts I consider them weak people."

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Feb '12

Just curious, ever been drunk or no alcohol either? Just wondering.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '12

She made unfortunate choices in life and unlike most people, her's were always front page news, because you live in a fish bowl in the industry. Because of that, it's easy to second guess and sometimes, we think we know celebrities just because of what's reported.

I don't want to lose sight of her incredible voice and the body of work she left. She made a huge impact and had a one of a kind voice that you could tell in an instant. She was also a beautiful woman. I'm sorry about her demons.

Sometimes, I wonder about all the friends that suddenly pop up once celebrities die like this. I love her voice and probably 5 songs that bring me back to moments in life. My only beef, and it has nothing to do with her personally, is people asking for days of prayers, flags half mast, etc. We won't let kids pray in school normally, or do things for soldiers, etc, so that stuff to me takes it overboard. * I DO love her and respect her work though. She was one of a kind.

Feb '12

Sure I drink socially BUT I know when to STOP!!

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Feb '12

A physical and mind altering substance is still a physical and mind altering substance. I guess because it's legal it's accepted.

Mr. Negative, I am truelly happy that you can stop. Unfortunatly for me it is the FIRST drink that would get me drunk. I can NOT stop if I have just one. It has NOTHING to do with willpower it has to do with a mind that says I can and a body that says I can't.

I've been in recovery for 18 years this august, god willing. And as much as I hate what ALL drugs can do, I have compasion for those who are still suffering.

Maybe because I have walked in their shoes, as much as I would like for you to be able to have some compasion for those struggling, I pray you never have to walk in their shoes.

Feb '12

abbadabbadooooo, congrats! I'm sure it's not easy. I've never had an addiction, so I can only imagine. Keep going! ;)

Feb '12

Thank you INMCB.

Fortunatly I don't have the kind of daily struggles I had while I was trying to get sober. NOT drinking has become a way of life for me and with the help of God it will continue to be. :)

Feb '12

Another thread gone haywire.

Metsman Metsman
Feb '12

Metsman - Surprised? LOL It's all good.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '12

another 'death by show business'

this is sad, and i feel bad for her and her family and the loss of her voice will be felt by all. what a shame such a god-given talent like this has been lost.

show business kills a lot of people, it will chew you up and spit you out, and not even look back at the damage. (or care)

elvis, Michael Jackson, Judy Garland, John Lennnon, and a lot more.

with fame and fortune comes additional risks.

why do we envy these people?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Feb '12

LOL... not really Calico696.

Looks like Whitney took prescription sedatives, slipped in the bathroom, and drowned in the tub. That is the latest I read.

Metsman Metsman
Feb '12

I think evolusion is a good thing.,lolol

Most threads are going to take on a life of their own. I don't see why it's a negative thing??????

Feb '12

Yes, it's gotten mixed, but it's all about her death and a tad off topic.

Maybe we should have a separate thread of favorite Whitney songs only and just celebrate her body of work. ;)

Feb '12

Everyone makes mistakes in their lifetime. No one is perfect, not even you emaxxman.
She made the wrong choices with the drugs, but whats done is done. Still no confirmation yet on what killed her. Cant she just rest in peace?

RIP Whitney.

latest i have receieved: Whitney Houston's family was told by L.A. County Coroner officials ... the singer did not die from drowning, but rather from what appears to be a combination of Xanax and other prescription drugs mixed with alcohol ... this according to family sources.

We're told Coroner's officials informed the family there was not enough water in Whitney's lungs to lead to the conclusion that she drowned.

Our sources say the family was told Whitney may well have died before her head became submerged.

And family sources tell us ... it was actually Whitney's aunt, Mary Jones, who discovered Whitney's body in the bathtub. Mary had laid out Whitney's dress for the evening on the bed and then left for about a half hour. When Whitney didn't come out of the bathroom, Mary entered, pulled Whitney out of the tub and began administering CPR.

And we're told ... Whitney's mom has arranged to have the singer's body flown back to Atlanta, as early as tomorrow. The family was told the Coroner has no problem releasing the body because there is no evidence of foul play -- and unless cops put a hold on the body, it can be flown back East.

RIP!

darluggh darluggh
Feb '12

I decided long ago
Never to walk in anyone's shadow
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I lived as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity

Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all

AMEN
You have to learn to LOVE yourself FIRST and Always!!

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Feb '12

very sad and she had one of the most beautiful voices of our time , may she rest in peace, and my deepest sympathy to her family ......... i have to say though, i found it a little disturbing that this tragedy was anounced as "breaking news" to the elevation of interupting broadcast television. when i first saw the "we interupt the regular scheduled ...blah blah" , i naturaly get a feeling of doom and omg what happened, thinking a national/world tragedy or emergency has happened, that needed immediate attention and awareness.......i gotta say, when they said what it was, i was sad on 2 parts, one, that such a talented and beautiful voice was gone, of course..... but more so on the fact that this was treated as "breaking news" to such an extent and elevation as it was.........i dont mean to offend anyone, its just my opinion.

nonny nonny
Feb '12

mr negative : the world would be such a better place if people did that.. i love that song. :) in my opinion - you cannot rely on anyone for your happiness. it starts within :)

darluggh darluggh
Feb '12

And lets NOT forget her 18 year old daughter who has been hospitalized twice since her mothers death. The article and other resources also stated that her daughter was also a big caretaker of Whitney throughout the years with her drug abuse. Not fair for a child to have babysit and look over your mother. I don't know it any of you watched their reality show years back....very disturbing. Again, the person paying the price for Whitney's and Bobby's selfish behavior. Now suicidal and having already dipped into using drugs let just hope she does NOT turn out like her parents.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/whitney-houstons-autopsy-completed-reports-of-water-found-in-lungs/story-e6frf96x-1226269149165

villani villani
Feb '12

villani - Unfortunately apples don't fall far from the tree.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '12

Also, does anybody else find this disturbing? When Bobby Brown found out about Whitney's death he decided the show must go on and proceeded to go on with his concert. Shouldn't he have quickly got out of there and run to be by his daughters side? Instead the people that attended the concert praised him that because he stuck around to continue the show and he did this because he said his fans mean so much to him. What about family? I'm so confused. Seems like their daughter never came first.
What's next? A celebrity that murders someone but we will kind of look beyond that or the other way because he/she was a GREAT actor and had a lot of talent and forget who the true victims are? Sorry, I know I may seem very insensitive but I am looking beyond the beautiful voice, fame, money and into their "real" lives which was a lifetime of abuse for their daughter....mental abuse. Talent DOES NOT impress me if you "abuse" your children.

villani villani
Feb '12

@Villani
Its called the selfish, self centered syndrome. Absolutely amazing, What a piece of S@it this Bobby Brown is.

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Feb '12

villani: Here's another version. Which to believe?

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20120213/Bobby.BrownBobbi.Kristina.and.I.Will.Get.Through.This/

This article reads that he arrived to be with his daughter on Sunday night. Whitney died on Saturday night and performed a concert on Saturday night just hours after hearing about his ex-wifes death. http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/bobby-brown-gets-emotional-on-concert-stage-just-hours-after-ex-wife-whitney-houstons-death/2012/02/12/gIQA6Efm7Q_story.html

villani villani
Feb '12

Maybe I'm missing your point cbel because the link you posted even commented on his concert Saturday night when he "broke down" on stage. The article also states "he rushed to their daughter Bobbi Kristina's side to comfort her during this time of grief.".
Hmmm? but this was AFTER he performed a concert and after his daughter was admitted twice in the hospital. Must say, what a horrible reporter to use the word "rushed".

villani villani
Feb '12

I stand corrected.

I just happened to see the article on my Comcast home page today and didn't read it carefully enough.

It's ok. I did only state it at the very last sentence.

villani villani
Feb '12

correction, It (the article) did only state it at the very last sentence

villani villani
Feb '12

Death is sad regardless of who it is. A life is a life. I saw some of the comments on YouTube for Jennifer Hudson's performance, comparing her to Whitney and criticizing either her or Whitney. It's such a shame that people lose perspective and the basics of compassion.

NJMomof3 NJMomof3
Feb '12

My take on all this Whitney hoopla, as cold as it my be:

She died many years ago.. her body just realized it a few days ago

As in any family with someone who is both alcohol and drug addicted with no real desire to change, the end is inevitable so the family, although sad is not shocked.

Been there, done that too many times with various relatives gone to bad choices.

wood chuck: that is very uncalled for. As much as we all know of her troubles and abuse, that is in very poor taste when someone has just died.

Feb '12

That's down right funny. LOL

Somebody text that to me this morning when I was driving to work. Made me LOL in the car.

It's a joke, relax everybody and have a sense of humor.

Don't your remember....What kind of wood doesn't float? Natalie. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '12

Now they are say she wasnt in the bathtub. Saying she was on her way to the tub and something happened to her and she was found 1/2 in and 1/2 out of the tub.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501368_162-57377837/nj-flags-to-fly-at-half-staff-for-whitney-houston/

nutty nutty
Feb '12

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505266_162-57377195/whitney-houstons-death-new-details-emerge/?tag=cbsnewsSectionContent.0

nutty nutty
Feb '12

Enough of Whitney Houston I am sick of hearing about it!

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Feb '12

Me too..............

Christine Christine
Feb '12

Me three. Glad to hear the funeral will be private and not televised. Although I'm sure the TV cameras will be at the church to catch all the celebs arriving on the red carpet.

Slade Slade
Feb '12

But now we're lowering flags in her honor? You have go to be kidding. Soldiers dying for our country are now equated to the death of a down and out singer with a dependency problem. What has our society, AND GOVERNOR, come to. Maybe we should inscribe her face on Mt. Rushmore too.

Curious G Curious G
Feb '12

Curious G
I want you to do some reserch in to the things that Whitney Houston did that bettered the lifes of others be for you run your mouth , No they are not doing this , " Soldiers dying for our country are now equated to the death of a down and out singer with a dependency problem."
Do we turn a blind eye to the good someone dose after they have a bad time in life , I say no not now and we must wait to see what the total findings are in this case , sorry I am being harsh at you but to say equate the two pissed me off

Feb '12

Everyone has personal issueswhether it be drugs/sex/alcohol/food addicts, the list goes on. I think she was a great entertainer with problems.. Unfortunately its all out there for everyone to hear and see.. I am glad the funeral is private. The family must be devastasted.. rip whitney.. :(

darluggh darluggh
Feb '12

I'am sorry she died, for whatever the reason and feel for the family, but to give her the same honor as our fallen soldiers, is W-R-O-N-G!!!

agreed mona.. its a whole different ballgame (stardom/heroism)

darluggh darluggh
Feb '12

What is Governor Christie thinking?

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Feb '12

I will not lower my flag on Saturday.

Ba Ba Booey Ba Ba Booey
Feb '12

Those opposing the state/Christie honoring Whitney Houston should iniate a call-in to the Governor's office stating she was a drug addict and any actions to acknowledge her death disrespects the military men and women who died fighting in wars. And because of her drug addictions she actually hepled others to use drugs. One writer was upset because her tv program was interupted to announce her death. a nuisance offense. Stan was not too concerned because in his opinion she died a long time ago! Come on people, who will step up to the plate, get organized, Villani, those without "sin", get going. And then let normal people express their compassion and respect for Whitney Houston. Please keep us informed of your progress with Christie's office...... Second thought, who cares!

QUINLAN106
Feb '12

Whitney Houston's death was no surprise to the American public. She was an addict, plain and simple. She tempted fate with her first hit, puff, snort, whatever. She had the financial means to get the best help on the planet. Addiction is a family thing. To call it a disease is to place addiction in the same category as MS, cancer, all the rest.
Of course, one can be born with the predisposition for addiction. I was. I went to food, wanted nothing to do with alcohol, drugs. I saw and lived that all my childhood. I am attacking my addiction straight on, and blame no one but myself for my weight.
Call me ignorant, but I thought that the flag was lowered for heroes. Her voice and her looks were God given. So I do not consider her a hero. I just learned that we lowered the flag for Frank Sinatra. So it goes. I hope and pray that her daughter follows a different path. God bless Bobbi Christina.

Jude49 Jude49
Feb '12

I didn't know that about Frank Sinatra, thanks for the info.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '12

You know, this whole thread got me thinking, why do people still flock to Graceland for Elvis, we're reminded of his birthday every year. Wasn't he in the same category? He's built up to be an American Legend when in truth, he died addicted to drugs too!

Bessie Bessie
Feb '12

They lowered the flag for Clarence Clemens too. I don't remember Sinatra but I hardly cared back then.

I don't think you should have to be a soldier or policeman to have the flag lowered but I think you must be someone who contributed in a significant manner to the welfare of the state and embodied the ideals that we hold dearly.

I don't consider being a good singer, no matter how good you are, to fit that bill. As someone who decided to eschew our laws and take that first hit, I don't think she embodied the ideals that we hold dearly either.

emaxxman emaxxman
Feb '12

Bessie - That's the problem with our society. For some reason, people put these celebrities on a pedestal and seem to ignore their transgressions. Hendrix, Joplin, Morrison, Houston, Belushi, and Elvis are no better than the heroine addict found passed out in Hackettstown. All of them decided the law was beneath them.

emaxxman emaxxman
Feb '12

I'm sorry but I've never heard our National Anthem sung the way Whitney Houston did it. She was a rare talent. She made a contribution to our culture and our society and should be recognized. She had her problems as we all do. No one is perfect. Whitney Houston and all celebrities don't have the luxury of keeping their personal problems private so we know all their imperfections and we judge them. I know I'm not perfect and I know I have yet to touch anyone's heart as she did. Lowering the flag won't really ruin anyone's day will it? Have a heart, jeez!

redneck redneck
Feb '12

@emaxxman, I agree that we put our celebrities, including sports figures on this very high pedestal, only to realize that they are human beings, the same as us. Then the judging begins.
@redneck..very good post :)

Bessie Bessie
Feb '12

Sorry....just can't put someone that "entertain's" us (be it a talented artist, gifted singer, baseball/football player, etc) above the men and women that defend our country or even our town. To me, the police & firefighters or even a respected local teacher deserve to have the respect of a flag flown at half mast at their funeral more than a celebrity.

Slade Slade
Feb '12

Question are there not rules for flying the flag

Feb '12

I think that if N.J. wants to fly a flag at half mast for entertainers, sports figures, famous notibles from the state, it should the State Flag, I can understand wanting to pay respect for a famous citizen, but Old Glory should be reserverd for military, police and fireman!

Agree with redneck. Regardless of her problems she was very influential. I'm glad the flag will be lowered in her honor.

Bryan Bryan
Feb '12

In my opinion, the problem with the flag at half-staff is twofold:
1) Realizing that no politician does ANYTHING without thinking it through it's very clear this was a political decision to curry favor with the African American community or at a minimum to not "offend" them.
2) Lowering the flag for "entertainers" or just any other famous people clearly deminishes the value and uniqueness of the "honor"....it's not special anymore...it means less. A soldier killed in battle gets the same "honor" as a singer, actress, etc. ???

I also think there is a lack of consistency. What criteria were used to make the decision? I bet Natalie Schafer didn't have the flag lowered in her honor, even though she was magnificent as Eunice "Lovey" Wentworth Howell on Gilligan's Island. Should every famous person born in NJ have the flag lowers in their honor when they die? What if you were born in NJ, but moved elsewhere growing up? Or, what if you were born elsewhere and then moved to NJ?

The more I think about it, the more absurd I think it is. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Whitney Houston. I am just not sure her contribution to the lives of the citizens of NJ warrants the same honor bestowed upon those who sacrificed their lives for our country.

Then again, I probably won't think about after today.

Governor Christie thinks people dont want the flag flown at half staff because of her drug problems. I dont think thats the point at all. At least, not my reasoning. I say it shouldnt be because she and fallen soldiers are NOT on the same level. She was an entertainer. She didnt put her life on the line to defend our country. Do something else to honor her. By lowering the flag puts her on the same level as our soldiers and thats wrong. Not equal! Even if she didnt have a drug problems, it still would be wrong.

I think Governor Christie is missing the point.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Feb '12

Here is a list of all the things Whitney Houston has done.

http://www.whitney-fan.com/persona/charity.php

nutty nutty
Feb '12

Another sad loss of a music icon. Lets remember her great talent not her shortcomings. She is now at peace sharing her voice with the angels . My heart goes out to Bobbie Kristina on her loss of her beloved mother. family members and friends. Whitney may you rest in peace Rosemary.

Rosemary Rosemary
Feb '12

yes, she has done a lot, but shouldnt be held to same status as our soldiers who were in Iraq and lost their lives.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Feb '12

I agree with those who articulated a sound argument for why the flag should not be lowered. It has nothing to do with her drug problem. I definitely think a line needs to be drawn. Whitney Houston was, without a doubt, a hero to many people -- but her mission did not transition to finding a way to being a hero for all people. Sure, as nutty pointed out, she's done a lot for certain groups of people! But I've always been under the impression that the flag was lowered strictly for those in the military who died in action. I do think this should be extended to police and firefighters. They have an obligation to civic duty. Whitney did not.

Sure she did a great job at the National Anthem and I have no doubt that she loved her country. I think lowering the US Flag should be reserved for those involved who risk their lives in defending citizens. Like someone else had mentioned, if you want to honor a teacher or a great entertainer, perhaps lower the state flag or town flag, but reserve the honorary lowering of the US Flag to those whose civic duty was to go in to harm's way and defend their citizens against threats and attacks.

Computer Sharp Computer Sharp
Feb '12

Well said, C#

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Feb '12

Just so everyone is clear the Governor is able to order flags at half staff for anyone. All soldiers, fire/police, etc will always be at half staff but he can also order for any person in addition.

nutty nutty
Feb '12

Just because he can doesn't mean he should.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '12

You are right Calico696

Correct Calico I am personally sick and tired of hearing about Whitney Houston she is a nothing in my live.

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Feb '12

A Michigan man whose son was killed in Afghanistan put a hurting on the New Jersey flag to protest the governor's decision to fly flags at half mast in honor of Whitney Houston.

http://www.politickernj.com/back_room/heres-one-vote-christie-wont-get-2016-michigan-primary

Feb '12

nothing wrong with flying the flag at halfmast for whitney, a NJ treasure and clutural icon, this is an ok decision by our governor.

i'm glad he did it.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Feb '12

That man in Michigan is right. Christie failed again. Why is our governor honoring a singer? Must have been because she did so much for the state of NJ. No? Oh, its an election year and he's a joke.

Fly the flag when appropriate, not whenever you want. The countless men and women that fought and died for this country deserve better than being "honored" next to a drug addict regardless of how well you think she sang.

Bad move....on his part. and for me part of it was the drug problem. This is not a person to honor with a flag at half mast. She is NOT a role model. She TOOK her own life. She had a God given gift that she threw away. She wasted her life by being weak. She had the resources to get the help she needed. If others that do not have those resources can do it - then why couldn't she? What a waste.

Firefly Firefly
Feb '12

It was lowered for Clarence Clemmons too.
Nobody made a fuss then.

MikeL MikeL
Feb '12

I must have missed the thread of disgust when they recently did the same for Clarence Clemmons. Can someone find it for me, I'm sure there must have been one? I see weak people all the time, they drink too much, party too much, not my job to judge them. I'm not living their life.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '12

There was talk about it I believe - Not sure if it was here or not. Not judging those weak people but I also don't put them on a pedestal. Not disgusted but disappointed.

Firefly Firefly
Feb '12

I found the thread about when he died, not the flag issue though. I guess we all look at things differently, nothing wrong with that. I just hope when it's my turn to be judged, the one responsible for it, will be kind.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '12

We're talking about someone who made an impact on history. You can't recognize every single soldier who died. Those soldiers are honored by monuments and such. It seems like everyone wants to be honored nowadays. It's stupid... Don't insult the soldiers of 200+ years of this country by wanting to be honored as a celebrity.

Metsman Metsman
Feb '12

I've been trying to keep my mouth shut about this, but . . I was at a restaurant in Mendham many years ago and Whitney was there with Bobby ~ they were loud, obnoxious and degrading to the wait staff. She broke out in song (not very well, mind you ~ her voice was at the early stages of failing) she acted as if she was in her own house -- no one appreciated their self-absorbed antics that day.

I then saw the interview with Sawyer (?) and that was the same Whitney that I had witnessed at the restaurant - loud, obnoxious, full of herself --- who says that they're too "rich" for crack?!? She was probably "high" on both occasions, but that was her choice. I understand that addiction (of any kind) is a tough demon to contend with, but just as there are many who have succumbed and died because of their addictions; there are just as many that have overcome them and turned their lives around. Life is about choices. Whatever ~ she's gone now, and although it's a waste of talent and a human life, I believe she's in a better place. Should she get the same honor as someone who has sacrificed their life to defend our country? ---- that would be a big NO.

My condolences are for her family and mainly her daughter ~ having to grow up with a poor role model is tough; being motherless is even tougher.

I think the Christie decision about the flag may have come about because if they did it for Clemens, they had to do it for Whitney ~

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Feb '12

I was just at Shop Rite and while waiting in line to check out I was looking at the "Enquirer" and on the front said that Whitney owed drug dealers $1.5 million and that the drug dealer came into her hotel room and drown her in the tub.

PLEASE!! thats what they have to do to sell mags?? I didnt buy it.

Leave her alone and let her RIP, for Gods sake.

brittany murphy also made an impact on our history... haven't you seen clueless????

jrze pride
Feb '12

i just read that Whitney H. family think it was possibly murder.. where's nancy grace! she called that weeks ago. should be interesting.. for those interested...

darlughh darlughh
Mar '12

Oh Please! Was no murder!! Drop it already and let her move on in peace.

villani villani
Mar '12

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyep!

darlughh darlughh
Mar '12

Anyone surprised by this. I'm not. As my statements about this earlier in this thread, Whitney's daughter should have never have been allowed to stay and home with two drug addicts. Why CPS never got involved is beyond me? I read in another article that she is a drug induced coma. I really hope she survives this and get the help she needs. She did not, nor does any child deserve to be raised in a household with drugs and violence. Also, wasn't the movie about Whitney Houston just released? I'm sure that opened up some wounds too.
http://news.yahoo.com/video/whitney-houston-daughter-still-alive-225045190.html

villani villani
Jan '15

Villani
Cps did get involved... It was in my office when they lived in mendham. The grandmother was given legal custody of her. Then they moved to Atlanta and it was out of our jurisdiction.

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Feb '15

And at what age was she when this happened? And how long did she have legal custody..surely, not long enough. Bobbi Kristinia has never been permanently taken out of that environment. The system let her down...no matter what state it was, everyone knew of their drug use and horrible fights but no one gets involved when it 's a celebrity and money involved...people just turn a blind eye. Their reality show was a train wreck and very disturbing to watch....clearly, things were not right in that household. I think Kristina was 12 at the time.

villani villani
Feb '15

I 100 % agree with you villani.

positive positive
Feb '15

Sounds pretty bad. She's in a medically induced coma. Wishing the best to Bobbi.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Feb '15

She is joining her mother. News just announced she is brain dead. So sad! So young!

Feb '15

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/02/bobbi_kristina_brown_die_same_day_whitney_houston.html#incart_m-rpt-1

I find it morbid and disgraceful that they are waiting until tomorrow so she can died the same day as her mother. Give her some respect. Thoughts?

RIP Bobbi Kristina.

Feb '15

Who are we to judge? RIP Bobbi Kristina

outsider outsider
Feb '15

Maybe they are waiting for governor puff&stuff to get back home from whatever country or state he's in today I think Iowa so he can have all state flags lowered to half staff. Like he [not Obama ] did for her drug addict mother

oldred
Feb '15

H-Town Mama..... how do you think it's right to share ANYONE'S information that has come through your office? What a disgrace!

seenit
Feb '15

Now her family is saying its NOT going to happen. They are not taking her off life support. Why drag it on? Let her go in peace.

Feb '15

I find it disturbing that people are writing RIP when the girl is still alive. Depending on which news/gossip show or article you read you get a different story. Know one knows what is actually going to happen except the big guy upstairs. Perhaps her family is right and she is responding to the power of prayer, her dad said he believes in miracles. The family has released a statement that the reports are false that she is being taken off life support today.

Equally disturbing is that someone who is/was an employee of DYFS/CPS would discuss a case that was investigated by their office, I'm sure there has to be guidelines (if not laws) that prohibit this regardless if the person is/was a celebrity or is/isn't deceased.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '15

Brain dead only means 1 thing. Been there, and its easy to be in denial. Prayers to Bobbi Kristina.

Feb '15

I totally agree, JrzyGirl

5catmom 5catmom
Feb '15

Jrzygirl88..agree on all points. Good post!

Bessie Bessie
Feb '15

Well written Jrzygirl88.

justwondering justwondering
Feb '15

I have to say when H-town momma, revealed that information about the child going to custody with the grandma, I searched the internet for any information on this..just any information that cps was involved and could not find anything, leading me to believe that is was false or as the above stated, was private information which legally, not to be made public. H-town momma also states that is was "her" office, which sound like she still works there...should she be??? Hospitals have HIPPA laws, I'm sure CPS have their own privacy laws.

villani villani
Feb '15

You may all jump on me for this but it drives me crazy when something terrible happens to a celebrity everybody is so heartbroken about it but you don't hear booh when somethinig happens to a normal everyday person. By the time it took me to write this email, hundreds of people have died, some are little children. That is sad. No, we can't spend every waking minute being depressed about how unfair life is. I just find it amazing how people all of a sudden feel they know a celebrity and understand their feelings and circumstances. I feel bad for this girl. What happened to her is terrible. I just wish all people got the same worthy attention.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Feb '15

Said RIP because all reports said she was brain dead and the family was taking her off life support.

Feb '15

I'm with you, Jazzykatt. Furthermore, there are plenty of people who grew up in even worse circumstances and with none of the advantages this girl did and turned out just fine in spite of it. Her choices were her own and I've wasted way too much of my time on her merely by writing this short paragraph. I'll save my sympathy for those who deserve it.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

I have no sympathy for those who wreck their own lives.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

No way! Druggie

it had been reported in the media before that whitney and bobby lost custody of their daughter....as confirmed in the story below..
i think htown mama is owed an apology

Bobbi’s aunt [Bobby Brown’s sister] Leolah Brown is speaking out for the first time and putting all the rumors to rest while also sharing updates on her niece’s condition and predicting that criminal charges will be levied against Nick Gordon when it’s all said and done.

In a sit-down interview with Atlanta’s Fox 5 news station, Leolah, who claims she once had temporary custody of Bobbi years ago and used to take her to and from school, says that while her niece is still on life support, she’s been doing well and that doctors have been delivering good news to the family.

Leolah is also “110 percent” positive that Bobbi’s live-in boyfriend Nick is somehow responsible for the tragedy and claims that the story of Whitney adopting him when he was 12 is false.

Check the highlights below:

On seeing Bobbi Kris on life support for the first time:

I was just numb. Very numb because I kinda saw this coming. I tried to reach out and made a statement and told Krissy not to trust anybody and I meant that. So I was very numb when I saw her, but when I walked in the room and saw her there, I knew I had to pray. So I asked God to give her my energy and to please help her get through this.

It’s been very painful, very, very, painful for everybody. Mainly Bobby because that’s his baby laying there. Everybody’s suffering, but nobody is suffering more than Bobby. I’m very hopeful that everything will be alright with Krissy.

On Bobbi Kris’ condition:

There are so many signs showing us that she’ll be okay, in spite of what people are saying over the internet. Krissy is fine…as I sit here before you today. [The doctors have been telling the family she’s improving] but she’s on life support. We know that she’s opening her eyes. She’s opening her eyes and there’s a few more things that she’s doing, but Krissy is doing well right now.

On Nick Gordon:

When I first heard that [Nick Gordon] was in the picture, like, “Where did Nick come from?” I worked with Whitney, I lived in the home and he was never there. I never saw Nick. I lived in Bobby and Whitney’s house [and] I took care of Krissy. I never, ever seen Nick.
A portion of the 16-minute interview has been taken down but Leolah reportedly said she’s “110 percent” certain Nick’s to blame and hopes he’ll be charged soon.

Watch the interviews below:

Read more: Necole Bitchie.com: Bobbi Kristina’s Aunt Says ‘Krissy Is Doing Well’ + She’s ‘110 Percent’ Sure Nick Gordon Is Responsible http://necolebitchie.com/2015/02/bobbi-kristinas-aunt-says-krissy-is-doing-well-shes-110-percent-sure-nick-gordon-is-responsible/#ixzz3Rap90USK
Read more at http://necolebitchie.com/2015/02/bobbi-kristinas-aunt-says-krissy-is-doing-well-shes-110-percent-sure-nick-gordon-is-responsible/#hLW05RPEC9BBS3v5.99

ms brown ms brown
Feb '15

Calico, your comment is very unintelligent.

hapiest girl
Feb '15

So are most of yours. However, I stand by my statement. I have no use or sympathy for those who throw away every opportunity in life to do drugs etc.

Interesting that others voiced the same opinion, yet you singled me out. Sigh....

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

Can someone please put up the link to where it says this incident had anything to do with drugs? Did they find drugs in her system? I don't recall reading that anywhere.

Feb '15

bothered - It has not been confirmed that drugs had a role in this particular incident, but illegal drugs were definitely a part of her life (see links). Drugs were found at the home where she was found unresponsive.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/03/bobbi-kristina-drugs-found-bathtub-home-cops

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/02/bobbi-kristina-brown-hospitalized-used-drugs-heroin-crack

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/02/01/report-bobbi-kristina-brown-on-ventilator-after-suspected-drug-overdose

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/feb/05/bobbi-kristina-brown-drugs-celebrity-parents

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

I understand that drugs have been a part of her life, but people are insinuating what happened to her last week had to do with drugs and that hasn't been proven. People cant say they have no sympathy for people who do this to themselves when we don't know what caused it. They said she had marks on face and there was a domestic incident a few days earlier and they are looking into her "boyfriend" may have had something to do with it. I'm just saying don't automatically say it was drugs when we don't know. He could have fought with her and pushed her into tub and tried to drown her, we just don't know. Probably never will.

Feb '15

It was also reported yesterday that she had been involved in a motor vehicle accident just days before sending her passenger and the woman in the other vehicle to the hospital for treatment. Perhaps she had some sort of untreated injuries due to the accident that caused her condition...

Until all the facts are known, people can speculate until the cows come home

@MsBrown it is one thing for the media to report something, they are not ethically bound by their position, a completely different thing for an employee of a State agency to discuss it.. I'm sorry you don't see the difference...

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '15

bothered - Regarding my comment, I'm not talking about this particular incident. I'm talking about doing drugs in general. When you live that type of life, bad things happen.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

This conversation is very similar to a conversation after Michael Jackson died. Another drug addicted celebrity. I was torn another a**hole about my statement. Funny!

Christine Christine
Feb '15

I hear ya Calico.

Feb '15

Um, isn't alcohol a drug? Isn't beer alcohol?

Beer taste yummy (and is legal). Drugs taste nasty. (and are illegal). Give me a yummy cold one any day of the week, as to a nasty smelly joint or a painful needle, or burning nose. I prefer legal yummy drugs. That's just me.

auntiel auntiel
Feb '15

"I prefer legal yummy drugs. That's just me." ----- auntiel

That's not the point.

hapiest girl
Feb '15

Drug - A chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction.

If that is not the definitition of beer, what is?

@ happiest. Anyone with the IQ above eighty would see the humor in my post. I see that does not include you.

auntiel auntiel
Feb '15

Humor or not ---it's STILL not the point.
You can insult me if you wish, but I was a valedictorian. Were you?

hapiest girl
Feb '15

I usually have no sympathy for drug users but in this case, I feel like this kid didn't have much of a chance in life..money or not. She was born and raised in a very dysfunctional household, (drug abuse and violence).

To me, it seems she was conditioned to that lifestyle.

None of us really know or have an answer, it's just very sad and tragic.

positive positive
Feb '15

Correct, positive.
People are too quick to judge.
If they walked in someone else's shoes ...........

hapiest girl
Feb '15

Alcohol is legal. The drugs these people do are not.

That said, alcohol can produce the same results when people abuse it. I enjoy a drink, but it has never caused me to miss work, lose a job, ruin a relationship, get into debt, get arrested, end up in the hospital or die. I've not heard of many who use heroin, cocaine, meth etc. that can say the same.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

+1000000 to Positive...This girl did not stand a chance living a normal life in the atmosphere and household she lived in during her lifetime...Never pass judgement until you have walked in someone else's shoes.....

joyful joyful
Feb '15

Legality is an arbitrary condition with no real bearing on anything. If heroin was legal, would that make it good for you? Alcohol kills 88,000 people every year in this country (not counting car crashes)... no one ever died from smoking weed.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

"no one ever died from smoking weed"

Really? My friend's father died of lung cancer at 58 after about 4 decades of smoking it. He never smoked cigarettes.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

I know people who died of lung cancer who never smoked anything. There have been recent studies done that have shown no causal link between lung cancer and marijuana smoking... for whatever that's worth... "studies" being what they are.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

Well you can't very well ban substances based on whether or not they cause cancer. There'd be hardly anything left for us to consume, ha ;)

So true MB.

The bottom line for me is that I will reserve my sympathy for those I feel deserve it. Military, police and first responders who are injured or killed in the line of duty. Children and animals that are abused and killed. Those murdered, raped or tortured by evil people. Those killed or injured in accidents that were no fault of their own. Good people who are sickened by real diseases (addictions need not apply in my definition of disease).

Everyone else can feel free to have sympathy for whomever they wish. I've already spent too much time on this thread.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

I feel sympathy for people who choose unhealthy coping methods. Life is difficult for all of us sometimes. I wish for everyone that you find support for difficult times from people who understand you, love you and want what's truly best for you. For those of you who choose unhealthy coping methods, I wish for you that you find insight and honesty to face your issues and resolve them, freeing yourself from the need to rely on something else to cope.

Although it would be easy to judge Ms. Brown and her choices, I suspect that her life was harder than any of us could imagine. Poor choices were modeled daily so it's no surprise that she went in that direction.

I'm not always on the same page as Calico, but I do respect her opinions. Even when she is in the minority she stays true to her convictions. That takes confidence and courage (big ovaries) lol!

I find some people to be very immature and unnecessarily attack other posters personally who have a difference of opinion.

Side Note: I'm not referring to you..Ian

positive positive
Feb '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.