train here to NYC penn

trying to find most direct train from here to NYC penn with extended parling...so far it looks like Denville station has daily parking( need to park for a week) and trains take a little over an hour into city.......

dismom dismom Message dismom
Feb '12

dover does too..Mt arlington does (free and easy to get to) (exit 30) you would have to change at dover or take the train to Hoboken

Bug2
Feb '12

looking for direct to NYC.........just called and parking at denville is only 3/day...cause we are than catching another train at Penn station....

Feb '12

Dover is also $3/day to park. I take the train from HTown to Hoboken every weekday, and utilize Dover when I need more options. The trains to Penn are very frequent from Dover, and many are direct. Denville does not seem to have any more trains that travel direct. In fact, the Dover train's first stop is Denville, so I assume the schedules are the same.

From what I understand, none of the NJ Transit lots offer overnight parking. If you are looking to have extended parking, you might consider driving to Newark, parking at one of the many park and rides, and catching the shuttle to Newark Broad Street. From there you go one stop to Penn Station, and your car is safely parked for access upon your return. It is more expensive than $3/day, but less expensive than paying a parking ticket or paying to get your car back from impound.

Good luck.

i just called Denville station and they do allow overnight extended parkking told him i needed to park for a week and they said it would be 3 a day......
.and i looked up on Amtak and there seems to be quite a few direct trains from Denville to Penn NYC..unless I am looking at wrong,..which I can be cause I am new at this..let me know
Depart : DENVILLE at 6:02 AM
Board : Train 6610 toward NEW YORK PENN STATION
Arrive : NEW YORK PENN STATION at 7:13 AM

Depart : DENVILLE at 6:18 AM
Board : Train 6612 toward NEW YORK PENN STATION
Arrive : NEW YORK PENN STATION at 7:32 AM

there is a 3rd train that morning but I would have to change trains at HObaken which i dont want to do...

Feb '12

You could always take the Bus from panther valley or mt arlington.....

Bug2
Feb '12

how long does the bus take???

Feb '12

That's fantastic that Denville allows multi-day parking. The trains you listed are indeed direct from Denville (you are reading the schedule correctly). Direct is the way to go.

You could park at one of the Newark airport overnight lots (public or private) and they take you to the airport. From there get on the monorail to the airport train station. Get a train to NY Penn.

I have parked overnight at the mt arlington station. It's free either way. However you may not feel comfortable leaving your car there. I did it a few times and didn't have a problem.

Bryan Bryan Message Bryan
Feb '12

mt arlington does not have direct trains to NY Penn

Feb '12

We went via Dover to NYC friday afternoon, back Sunday evening. Train in was okay, but coming home on the 10 pm train took 1 1/2 hours...every stop! Nice to know about Denville. In Dover, you have to get an overnight pass to park ahead of time. I think it was at least $15...

acl76
Feb '12

bus is about an hour

Bug2
Feb '12

taking the bus is easy......and parking is free in the panther valley parking lot. its a direct drive into the city

curly curly Message curly
Feb '12

Pls tell me about the bus drive from Panther Valley. I've driven to the Rockaway Mall to pick up the bus and I think the ride is horrendous.

cbel cbel Message cbel
Feb '12

cbel go to martz trailways for more information.

luvjaz luvjaz Message luvjaz
Feb '12

Makes you wonder how NJ could be bankrupt when they charge for parking at train stations, toll the crap out of you, and have some of the highest property taxes in the USA...

Metsman Metsman Message Metsman
Feb '12

cbel - bus from Mt. Arlington is much better, my sister in law used to do that when she lived in Budd Lake.

trekster3 trekster3 Message trekster3
Feb '12

Thanks, luvjaz and trekster!

cbel cbel Message cbel
Feb '12

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: train here to NYC penn
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Your Web Site (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.