Where to go for a facial?

I want to go get a facial but not sure where good. If anyone know put it up with numbers cost also the web page if they have one.

Thanks All be for hand.

New Year Man New Year Man
Jan '12

Some of the Massage Envy locations do facials. Just look for the spa designation on their website. I think you can get your first one for $60.

http://www.massageenvy.com/locations.aspx?zip=07840&radius=50&

Tracy Tracy
Jan '12

Michaels in town is a full service salon/spa

http://www.michaelsbeautysalon.com/services.php

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Jan '12

So first New Year Man you needed recommendations for deep hair conditioning. Now recomendations for Facials. I hope the next thing you ask for, is the address as to where to send back your man card.

M & K M & K
Jan '12

Maybe he's just a metrosexual. Nothing wrong with that, if it works for him....

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '12

basic facial on a low budget: Origins counter at Macy's Rockaway or the Clarins counter. No cost but only seems fair to buy an essential after 1/2 hour of free services. Alot of the specialty lines actually have decently trained managers. But, always good to support your local spa too

theBlackLodge theBlackLodge
Jan '12

Where I use to work there were men coming in for facials. I think it's great! Everyone should take care of their skin. Good for you New Year Man :)

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Jan '12

Absolutely Michael's! Their facials are wonderful!

Alison Alison
Jan '12

Taking care of your skin is one thing: but remember above all things be a man.

TheJackyl TheJackyl
Jan '12

Re: Where to go for a facial?

Anyone wanting a great product for a mask at home - try Freeman's Enzyme Mask / Pineapple. So affordable, and works better than many more expensive masks.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '12

I love the Lotus Spa in the Roxbury Mall across from the home depot. They do fantastic massage and facials.

Kelley
Feb '12

Really, m&k ?

HootieBlowfish HootieBlowfish
Feb '12

I was just kidding hootieblowfish. Relax.

M & K M & K
Feb '12

yep, man down.

send out the alert, man down.

next he'll want his nails buffed. (whoa . . . . what he say? oh, 'nails buffed', is that what we are calling it now?)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Feb '12

I have had great facials, body scrubs and massage at Ultima Hair Designers Salon & Spa, Newton-Sparta Rd, Andover, NJ
Ph 973-579-1199
Virginia is wonderful at facials.
The Spa side is peaceful and very relaxing.
They have a sauna that can be used with any service.
Every month they have specials and packages.
PM me If you want me to refer you and we both get 25% off our next facial.
I really love the Day Spa, it is seperate from the Hair Salon, so quiet,peaceful and I leave feeling renewed.

susan susan
Feb '12

i heard Pure Spa in Hackettstown was good, also their manis and pedis.

Dancingshoes
Feb '12

Lotus Spa in Roxbury, I go there often and the facials are always good.

M Martell M Martell
Feb '12

Ok ladies I just went for a very overdo facial at The Fountain Spa (Riverside Square Mall). Facial was very nice and relaxing, until the esthetician told me I should come every two months. Now I have very normal well behaved skin, albeit a little dry right now because of the weather. So my question is how often do you guys go for a facial? Most of my girlfriends either don't go at all because of the added expensive or just once in a blue moon.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jan '14

Wow! Another two year old thread comes back to life! LOL

I used to go fairly regularly for facials, about four times a year. Then, the woman I used to go to left the spa and went somewhere near NYC (too far to travel to). I was not too crazy about trying somebody new. That said, I have only had four facials in the last seven years, three of them while on vacation, and I really haven't noticed that much difference. Ironically, I was just thinking about possibly booking one the other day.

Has anyone used Belvidere Day Spa?

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '14

I've had them at Pure Spa in the past and thought them very good. I have a gift card for them and will no doubt use on a facial again.

Halfway There Halfway There
Jan '14

Not as often as I'd like! Maybe once a year if I'm lucky. If I was working and making more money and had more time, I'd probably go more often. The last one I had was at Lighten Up in Budd Lake and I thought they did a great job.

Tracy Tracy
Jan '14

I don't do facials very often because I couldn't keep up with the expense of maintaining. However, if price is not an option for you, Depasquale's Spa is amazing. Going there is like a mini vacation for me AND they have their very own men's section in the spa area so you don't have to sit will all the chit chatty women in the relaxation room. It is truly a full relaxation experience.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Jan '14

I never had a facial done professionally. I either buy facial masks or make my own using cucumbers and avocados. I'm curious though, do you get better results from a spa facial opposed to store bought or homemade?

positive positive
Jan '14

Once a month is a good amount of time. I am a cosmetologist/esthetician. I have clients that come once a month for their treatment. Microdermabrasion can be done weekly followed by monthly. I use to work at The Brass Rose, I am now at Salon Di Panache in Newton. I tell my clients to keep up with their skincare routine in between getting a facial. YES, you can buy products in a salon or in store to treat your condition, but the good thing about a professional facial is getting the pores really clean like blackhead removal and microdermabrasion gives you a really good exfoliation on the first layer of skin allowing essential oils, vitamins and nutrients into the second layer of the skin.

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Jan '14

Calico- lets go

Nosila Nosila
Jan '14

Call me Nosila and we will make a date!

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '14

Thanks everyone for the tips. Some good ideas for places to check out. @Positive you can definitely tell the difference, my skin feels so soft and looks fantastic.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jan '14

Wild Angel, can you get microdermabrasion done if you use some sort of acid on your skin? Like salicylic acid or mandelic acid?

I have congested skin and always get these little bumps underneath...I find it difficult to get them out, even with using products with some sort of acid. I know products for home-use usually have less concentrations than professional ones. Would microdermabrasion help that?

I might just be making an appointment in Newton with you! :)

Jules Jules
Jan '14

Jules....You can get a microderm treatment but stop using salicylic acid and mandelic acid a week before the treatment. Retinol and glycolic acids also should be stopped. They make your skin more sensitive so to avoid any damage or irritation do not use those products a week before the treatment. I'd love for you to see me for a facial. :) I will PM you my info.

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Jan '14

Jumping in here, Calico asked about Belvidere day spa and it's great! I got a groupon 2 years ago for a facial and that's how I found out about them. Went back last year and still just as good. That said, I think a lot of it is how your skin reacts to the particular product lines they use. I happened to get great results from what she uses at Belvidere.

newbie123 newbie123
Jan '14

I can't believe I've been able to exhibit this much self-control... Yay, me, lol.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Jan '14

newbie - Thanks so much for the info. I couldn't find any reviews online at all. Not even on Yelp. I guess it's since Belvidere is kind of like a little lost corner of the world. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '14

@ Wild Angel are you still at Salon di Panache? I just purchased a Groupon for a facial there and remembered you worked there.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Sep '14

@jrzygirl88....I am here:) can't wait to meet you!

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Sep '14

Me too!! Hoping to make an appointment for next week one day, just need to see how the week at work is looking

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Sep '14

iPhone-imal, I'm glad this post resurfaced. It gave me another opportunity to giggle like a sixth grader. Thanks for discreetly saying what others would have said with different words.

Anaconda Anaconda
Sep '14

DePasquale is the best in this area.

IrishRN
Sep '14

I just left Salon Di Panache and all I have to say is WOW!! I walked in there tonite so stressed out between the crazy schedule I've had the last few weeks, employee nonsense, the weather today and just a whole bunch of other stuff and I left completely restored. I had the most wonderful facial that included a fantastic neck and hand massage. What a great treat if anyone is looking for a Christmas gift for someone I would say you can't go wrong and they will love it!!

@Wild Angel I was so relaxed and enjoying my service I forgot to ask if it was you!! If it was THANKS AGAIN!! It was great meeting you and I will see you in a few weeks!! My skin is glowing and looks terrific!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Dec '14

Great review, JrzyGirl. I've been wanting a facial and I have SpaWish certificates. I think I'm going to try and find the time for this.

Tracy Tracy
Dec '14

JrzyGirl88!!!!! That WAS me! I wish I knew that was you! It was so great to meet you :) I hope to see you real soon! Stay hydrated have a Merry Christmas!

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Dec '14

@Tracy definitely go!! If you would like WildAngels contact info when you are ready to make your appointment (highly recommend her) PM me and I will give it to you.

@WildAngel thanks again. Definitely working it into a normal routine. On a different note was also wondering can you do gel over the old acrylic or do you need a whole new set? Loved the fact that you have nail services there as well!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Dec '14

So, I have a silly question. Please don't laugh... During a facial, how should someone's eyes be handled? I had a facial several years ago (the only one I've ever had) which made me very uncomfortable. The young lady treated my skin but also applied pressure to my eyes, as in directly on my eyeballs. I actually saw stars. I couldn't enjoy the facial because any time she came near my eyes I tensed up. Is this normal or did she use a wrong technique?

@Jrzygirl88....you can do gel polish over acrylic but if you want gel nails, a new set is best. Thank you sooo much for your kind feedback :) @DD....That seems like it was a different technique. That is usually done in ayurvedic type treatments. Don't worry, I don't do that type of ayurvedic massage.

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Dec '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.