Colony and Munsee Rd. off Waterloo Rd?

So what's the deal with these roads and houses back there? Are they all just drug houses or abandoned? Why don't the cops or town do anything about it? (Not sure which town they fall into) How did it get like this? What did it used to be like?

I'm just curious as I drive on Waterloo Rd. often and dont ever see anything going on back there except the occasional light at night.

Curious89er Curious89er
Jan '12

well they have to put the drug houses some place they are not allowed in town , ;-) . I am not shure but i think the state park bought them up or had them condemed and just has not done any thing with them any one know

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jan '12

The houses that are in the park are leased to the owners by the park. I'm not sure of the exact arrangement, but that's the way I have heard it is.

Once the people living in them move out, the houses are sometimes demolished, such as a couple that were near the Canal Lock Park. They were leveled a few years back and the land allowed to be reclaimed by the woods. I think the demolishment plans are only for those that are more easily reached and probably dependent on budget constraints.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jan '12

Those houses and land where purchased by the state many years ago when the plan to build a reservoir was still a possibility. Many of the original owners stayed there leasing their homes from the state. I lived in one of the homes right on the river off Sunrise in the late 1980's, early 1990's. The homes were still under the division of Water Resources at that time. Later they were transferred to the Treasury dept. When I rented my place it cost $190 a month in rent. They had some crazy way to figure the rent. If I recall it was a small percentage of the going rate for a comparable house. Once they went over to the Treasury dept. the rent went to full market value. It was a steal for me as mine was a very nice place on a dead end right on a nice wide part of the river.
That area is located in Allamuchy. As Phil noted, as people moved out the homes were scheduled to be demolished. It was a fun place to live.

The homes were all purchased as part of the Tocks Island Dam project.

THE MAN THE MAN
Jan '12

I was born and raised in Saxton Falls, most of the posts are correct as far as the State purchasing all the property there, Fact is, it was not part of the failed Tocks Island project. It was another failed State project of a possibile resevior in the Waterloo Valley. The dam was to be located near the railroad tracks on Waterloo Rd. Problem was that only after "The State" purchased a large portion of the valley they decided to do a geological survey for the dam and they discovered there was no bedrock to anchor the dam to. Just another waste of the taxpayer money and not to mention the lose of property tax revenue. Hence, the beginning of decline of the area. Most of what were nice homes were demolished because the state was not prepared to be in the real estate business and still aren't to this day although they continue to buy up property all over the state. Everyone would be surprised how much property the state has purchased since the mid-60's. and are still buying up to this day. As far as "drug houses" I don't think so, there is far more drug house on Main St. than Saxton Falls!

the tocks Island project was a waste of tax payers money too but did provide a recreation area the old homes that were destroyed was a shame . as with this area on water loo road . and to day with the mass amount of homeless these haouses could be renewed and familys could live in them and do the work . and there are tons of propertys that the state owns that can be rewewd by sweat equity . and in sted of houseing none violent offenders house arrest and put them to work learning a trade and work for habitat for humanitty .

Jan '12

RM that is right. It was purchased for the reservoir project. During the early to mid 1960's was when the founder of Waterloo Village was attempting to get the state to purchase the Stuyvesant property. It was several thousand acres. Well Mr. Leach found it not as impossible as it first appeared-meaning getting the state to spend millions of dollars on the land thus helping to create and preserve what is now Allamuchy State Park and of course Waterloo Village. Shortly after all was complete only then were the plans of the reservoir discussed. He as well as many were not happy and felt deceived by among others, Bob Roe the chief of New Jersey Conservation and Economic Development Department, now called DEP. Fortunately Mr Leach was friends with the editor of the Newark News and began a campaign to not allow a reservoir. I have a Star Ledger (Newark News) with the headline "Dam Foolishness" somewhere. It is funny for years I was told that some old locals at the time kept telling everyone exactly what the eventual geological survey discovered.

"another waste of the taxpayer money"

are you kidding me?!

The Waterloo Road corridor and surrounding Allamuchy State Park is one of the most picturesque preserved areas in the state. Be grateful "The State" "wasted" money on the failed project - I know I am. The river, the land, the mountains can be enjoyed by everyone without fear of development.

Caged - I can't even comment on your idea to waste such a beautiful tract of land to house criminals....non-violent or otherwise.

TreeHuggerByNature TreeHuggerByNature
Jan '12

Greg, your right on as far the geological survey, fact is the state did one in the late 40's and the one in the 70's showed the same result. Guess they never researched the 40's survey, I know the one in the 70' cost the tax payers 6 million, to find the same result. Yes, Tree hugger I have to agree about it being a beautiful area, but for the people who owned property there, we were ripped off by the state being forced to sell at a ridiculously low price or be condemed for a project that wasn't going to happen, I still have a bitter feelin in my gut about what happened there.

Tree hugger- suppose the the state forced you to sell your property for a false pretence. I guess being its not your back yard it makes it a good thing!

I had heard that in recent years as the renters passed away or moved away the houses were only slated for demolition if they had bad septic systems. It has been quite a few years since they demolished any of the vacant homes, the ones were the ones by Saxton Falls.

Wendy Wendy
Jan '12

Actaully Wendy - a home on waterloo road was just demolished within the past 6 months.

TreeHuggerByNature TreeHuggerByNature
Jan '12

No Wendy, they have been demolishing homes on Colony and Munsee Rd's all along. Even if the homes just needed a new furnace or roof they were vacated and torn down. Such a waste of viable housing. My brother lives above the falls in our old house and the only reason they have paid to maintain it is so that they can make it a Park Office when he dies or moves out.

Agree, THBN. I'd prefer not to have another set of townhomes built around the mountain/hill and that's exactly what would happen.

Bonv
Jan '12

Sorry to hear that RM and TreeHugger. I just don't drive down Waterloo road as much as I used to and now it's mostly at night so I don't see all the destruction going on.

This is nearly as bad as what happened to the property owners in Pahaquarry with the Tocks Island swindle. But those people never even had the option to rent.

Wendy Wendy
Jan '12

RM: I had a very good friend who I worked with years ago and who lived in one of those homes and passed away. Wondering if it might have been your Mom and you had a brother Kevin?

joyful joyful
Jan '12

TreeHuggerByNature
I am sorry if you thought that i said house criminals "I can't even comment on your idea to waste such a beautiful tract of land to house criminals....non-violent or otherwise."

What i said was to get non violent criminals out of jail put them in service to re new these homes and replace ones that have to be . and find needy familys that will take care of them . it makes me sick to see good houseing going to waste , you want to put people to work , this is one way . our state and national parks need repairs and by giveing people a place to live and they work to rebuild our parks somany hours a year and so they can also have a private sector job to meet their living expences .

the area is beautiful along that valley yes i am not saying build condos

Jan '12

Yes Joyful, that would by my mom and brother, in fact my mom's name was Joy.

Tree Hugger I totally agree with you as far as condo's or closely built homes such as Panther Valley or even worse yet that unsightly mess they built on top of the hill headed toward Budd Lake. I still would like to know how they got away with that one.

Re: Colony and Munsee Rd. off Waterloo Rd?

the state has been tearing down buildings in Saxton Falls for years...they have more marked for demolition...

oldman oldman
Jan '12

RM: Please give my best to all of your family. You know who I am by now too as your Mom and I shared the same name. Spent many a fun time in your home out there years ago when I worked at Leeters with your Mom.

joyful joyful
Jan '12

I like caged idea or something like it.

Firefly Firefly
Jan '12

Hello Joyful, yes I remember you, my mom always talked of you often. I know the 2 of you always had a good time together whether working or socializing. Hope you and your family are doing well!

Hello Everyone,

I grew up and still live right at Saxton Falls. RM is my uncle. It is a shame what has happened to the town. Back in 1998 when i was in High School, the town still existed. Then the state started kicking everyone out of there homes. I had a lot of friends that were forced to move half way through high school. Now we are really the only ones left. From what I have heard back in the 60's and 70's there were over 70 cottage homes along Colony Road, now there are 3. To be honest a lot of the houses they demolished were still nice homes. RM is completely right, the only reason we are still there is because we take great care of the home and the states wants it for a Ranger station. My grandfather built that house himself and was forced to sell under a lie. Typical NJ. Still a great place to live. BTW, they are not drug houses. There is actually an abandoned house next to us where the occupant, a long time friend of the family, had passed away about 2 years ago. I regularly check on the house and make sure the doors and windows are locked. It was a beautiful home and i have no idea why the state will not rent it out to someone. Anyway, i make sure no one is in there destroying what is left of the place. Saxton Falls Forever!!!!!!!!

soldierjm soldierjm
Aug '12

I had a friend?coworker that lived on Colony Rd a few years ago.She actually lived in 2 houses there...when another bigger on e became available she moved into it. She lived there from back in the 80's. The rent was cheap and yes you had to do your own maintenance to the houses. I remember in the 80's it was a nice little community on Colony Rd. I babysat for my friend and observed that it was a little community! It was so cute and quiet. It is a shame that when someone moved out,the state would tare down the house. My friend's house sat empty for a few years after she died,it was a shame,it backed right up to the water and the swans used to swim up all the time.She had a nice deck over looking a decent yard.Being a single mom with no child support,it gave her a chance to raise her girls in a nicer area than if she had to try to live by means of assistance. It would have been wise of the state to continue this as there is such a need to low income housing.

Virginia Virginia
Aug '12

Good to hear from you Soldier, I don't know if your new to this site so you must understand that a lot of people on here speculate and guess at the facts without knowing what they are talking about. It happens on many threads here. Yes it is a beauitful ride down Waterloo Rd, but most don't know about the cancer, better know as the State of N.J. took a viable small community and turned it into shack ridden dump. Nice homes were bought and let go and eventually demolished. Growing up there folks took pride in their properties whether small cottages or larger homes. It was a small close community. I see the same sort of thing happening at Mt. Lake. Although on a slower, smaller scale the State is purchasing property around the Lake. I don't think I will see it but you may see Mt. Lake become another Saxton Falls where they own everything around the lake and the homes will disappear. No one wants to see another Panther Valley or The Mess on top of the hill in Mt Olive, but at the same time, to ruin a community at the expense of home owners just to satisfy the Tree Huggers and enviromentalists that have no connection or interest of the people who have grown up in that area!

I had hiked along the canal a few years back. Along the river, over the small bridges and up through the field to these roads. At first it was kinda creepy seeing these abandoned houses, like something out of a horror movie. But when I started hearing the stories about them and what had happened it was sad. There was one that the canal trail actually comes right out into its driveway. It was a lone house on Waterloo Rd, heading away from Htown quite a distance from Colony Rd. This one was still a tad creepy as there was someone still living in it and the yard seemed a bit shady, like literally shady, a large cage along side the house completely covered in tarps. Anyway, after researching those houses and the situation, years later I heard the story of Tock's Island. Another sad betrayal from the State of New Jersey. My mother had told me that those house on Tocks Island were beautiful homes built on the side of the mountain overlooking the river. And that years after being thrown out of their homes and the TI Dam project having gone by the way side, the people who originally owned those houses were angered to now know that as they were not able to reside in their homes anymore, a number of squatters now were taking up residence.

A few months ago eager to find any remains of these houses, as I am a huge fan of history and "the way things used to be", my gf and I decided to take a hike in that area to take a look. I am not too sure whether what we found were some of the remnants of the TI abandoned homes, but nonetheless they were really cool to see. Here are some pictures I took of these abandoned gone to waste at the hand of the state. These were just south of Turtle Beach, which in my opinion is a perfect example of why the state should NOT try make a beach park. LOL

seeinthereality seeinthereality
Aug '12

Here is another.

Aug '12

And one more, as I think three might be the limit in a row on here. But there are about 6 more.

Aug '12

Maybe another???

Aug '12

Anyone know what happened to the old man that lived I believe on Munsee Road? Think his name was Raymond ...I know he was in a house with a dirt floor,and no light or water...I used to see him walking from Hackettstown along the road with a cane....havent seen him in a year or so.....

bowie123 bowie123
Aug '12

Ray died a few years ago.See prior thread:
http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/128509

Yes Ray was quite the character! Ray grew up in a dirt floor shack on top of the Mt. above Saxton Falls. He had a very hard life, his father suffered from mental illness and alcoholism. Ray never drank or smoked and was actually very religious. He regulary attended The Waterloo Methodest Church, His life income was basically buying and selling auto parts. Best of my knowledge he did not depend on government programs to survive. He did have numerous run ins with the law for mostly motor vehicle charges but was charged with rape back in the 70's, not sure what happened with those charges. He was a regular on Swap and Shop on WRNJ radio and challenged the DJ's to keep their composure. They managed to be respectful but cutting him short during his rants. Ray was notorious for using residents telephones and would become a nuisance in doing so until you told him no more. Ray was the last of what we called Mt. Man in our area, there aren't many like him left in N.J. Maybe be a few in Sussex County. R.I.P. Raymond Mattison!!!

People are allowed to hike in this area, as it's State land, correct? (I'm not talking about entering the houses - just hike and do photography on the land.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '12

I used to deliver Meals on Wheels to a Colony Road house. The instructions were to leave the meal inside a car in front of the house. They told me it was for the woman's son, who would come get it. I believe that was Raymond.

Lady Jayne Lady Jayne
Aug '12

Yes Rebecka it is fine to hike as it is the Allumuchy Mountaion State Park.

Growing up in Sussex County during the whole Tocks Island fiasco really made me hate the Government. Many of families of the kids I went to school with basically had their homes stolen out from under them and some of those family homes dated back to the 1800's and even the 1700's. One was a beautiful old stone house that was razed to make room for a parking lot for fishing on the Flatbrook. What a waste!

Wendy Wendy
Aug '12

I was born and raised for 11 yrs in saxton falls, my family was bought out by the state in 1967, we later moved to hackettstown. It was a tramatic thing for an 11 yr old, picking up, leaving friends and familiar surroundings.
i wasnt sure what the state was up to until yrs later. As RM has stated, this is the real reason the state bought all the homes in that area. I went back to my ol homestead in 2009 to find nothing, my house was torn down in the 70's, those left standing, bring back good memorys, although they are vacant...saxton falls in its day was a very nice place to live, we all were a close community. Only a few survive, 1 childhood friend still has family living in the same house he grew up in.

old Brown home

I remember swimming here as a kid..there was even a concession stand :)

Wow, the history of Waterloo Road. I also remember Ray Mattison. I do believe he took care of his mother. He used to call my husband and they would talk about car parts. One afternoon we drove our pick-up up that "sudane mountain" as I think he called it. The sign said no trespassing, but he told us to stay to the right and we would be just fine. Well, two flat tires from nails in boards, and we never drove up there again. Yes Ray was quite the fellow. Not in a mean spirited way. When he called the radio it would be to ask for folks to make cards for "shut-ins" Maybe he was thinking of his mom. Sorry to learn of his passing. I had forgotten all about him. Even my young daughters knew him and he would tell them tales about his childhood. They will be saddened to learn of his death. (they are now in their 40's)

Miss fishy Miss fishy
Sep '12

I knew Ray Mattison for years...and bought sold and traded cars and parts with him...he actually had some gems up on that hill...and he kept a few of those cars running...with gas from cans...once when I was up there getting some parts I stepped on a nail...he had little booby traps all over the place...he also had quite a pack of dogs...he got his water from a spring...I believe he had an outhouse...the shack had a TV that he powered with car batteries...he only owned 2 acres...but he had cars all over the place...the state came in there one time and removed quite a few cars...he was very upset about that...never had a problem with Ray...

oldman oldman
Sep '12

Well let me just start by saying the the area that is off Waterloo Road/Colony Road etc. is a area which I love and I am still here hanging on! To me it is a very spiritual place. Now I may be giving my identity away. Because there are not many of us still around. In any case, I totally agree that it was criminal what the state did years ago, buying up the properties for some B.S.... Dam project or whatever that was never sustainable in the first place. People were displaced, and they destroyed a very nice area. I'm sure it was a good money laundering scheme or whatever the state had going for them years ago by buying out, then renting those homes along the Waterloo Road/ River etc. Anyway, as I said before it was a crime what New Jersey did. I don't want to ramble on too much, because this area means a lot to me, I mean that very deeply.
But I have to disagree about good old Ray Mattison, in some ways anyway... Ray definatly had his many problems and had a very abusive father and a very rough childhood, but i feel sometimes still, (even after his passing,) he should have not been allowed out of a mental institution. I do beleive he was not really a bad person, but he was no doubt a troublemaker. (Maybe living closer to him I saw more of the bad stuff? ) He helped pollute a wonderfull area, frequently threatened people, sent them violent letters and notes, told people that he was going to shoot or hurt them, harrased and stalked women, deliberatly put his junk cars and garbage close to the main road for everyone to see, ( I think he just liked people to see his junk, and even if you offered to help him take it up the mountain he would never move it.) One time many years ago, I remember a woman came down from the mountain and told my mother that Ray chained her to a washing machine or bed or something crazy like that. This was his dark side. So I don't think he was all good, lot's of bad stuff.

In any case, I actually liked him for the most part and use to talk to him a lot.

So in closing, I agree with SoldierJM! May this area be here forever!

(I got to practice shooting hoops man!)

Mattison's Ghost Mattison's Ghost
Jun '13

Does anyone remember Victoria Station from the 60's
?

Dorothy Barrett Dorothy Barrett
Jun '16

Wasn't Victoria's Station where Matter's is now? Didn't Fred Cooks mother own it back then?

Walker Walker
Jun '16

The restaurant was the Victoria Inn.It is Now Mattars.

I lived next door to it when it fist opened up, my mother was a cook, and that is where Joan Rivers got her start !!!

Jun '16

OOPS I don't think that the Mattars is the same place...Victoria Staion as I remember it was on the same road as Ray Mattiisons place across from the swimming area and the place where I learned to skate in the winter.

Jun '16

Dorothy

Do you mean the railroad-themed "Victoria Station" chain, which had a railroad car with caboose as its dining area with a London-style phone booth outside? I saw mention of a chain that closed many of its restaurants, one of which was in Whippany on Rt. 10, another they said they believed was on Rt. 46 near Hackettstown.

I know two long-time Hackettstown residents whose families go way back and one of which actually lives off Waterloo Road. I'll ask them about it tomorrow at work to see if they remember it.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '16

Elsie's was on Waterloo Rd. It's now a wreck of its former self.

Walker Walker
Jun '16

Walker

Very true. Due to the weather and heavy snow on it and inattention, the lower section of Elsie's that pointed towards the boat launch site was torn down and the rest boarded up to try to keep curious folks, etc. out of it. It actually looks better now that the lower section's gone because it was in such a horrendous (and hazardous) condition, but if they aren't going to repair it and use it for some kind of Park office or something it would almost be better to tear it down, rather than just letting the elements and trespassers have their way with the structure. I'd much rather see it repurposed and put to good use, but it's the State of NJ that has the final say in its ultimate fate.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '16

The plan's for Elsie's bar last I heard it's going to be a museum about the Morris Canal that's why the state put some time into it .

janster janster
Jun '16

Thanks janster

I was hoping they'd repurpose it for something like that, so I definitely hope that's what's in the works for Elsie's. I always hate to see old and/or historic buildings go to waste!

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '16

I do remember Elsies....OMG we went there alot, my parents gave us a quarter to rent a boat while they drank all day......Such memories !!!!!

Jun '16

Phil D .... All i can remember is we built a house on the same road as Ray and then the Victoria Station was built next to us this was in the early 60's

Jun '16

My Father and Grandfather built a summer cabin on saxton lake, down river from Elsie's, we had a dock that crossed the tow path, I spent my summers there as a kid. our cabin was on the lake, both my aunts had cabins up the hill from us, such great memories, learned to fish and canoe and swim on that lake, catfished at night
we used to call it little Pburg, all our neighbors were from Phillipsburg as were we. our cabin was torn down years ago, the woods overtook the spot, can't even tell where it was. wish I had that place now for my grandkids, such a great place.

wayne wayne
Jun '16

I lived on Colony Rd in Saxton Falls as well up until 1988. I drove through about 4 months ago and you can barely get a car through that road. Walked down the to the river through the woods of where my house was. Sad. Somewhat spooky. I have a cousin that still leaves off Colony and I believe there is one family left.

We lived in the last house on Charlnor off Sunrise from 1988-1991. Great place to live. Miss it and the simple life that was there.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
Aug '17

I moved to hackettstown in 71 and I drove down waterlloo rd all the time and in the 80s when i came home from the navy I workedin stanhope. so every friday after work (payday) I used to stop at elsees for a beer and hang with the guys that worked at sexon falls quarry. I dont remember any names, but alot of faces I do. well its know 2019 and i live in dover know and started working in hackstown recantly I took a hike along the river in the colony rd area and found only 2 homes being lived in, 3 abandoned and all the rest gone. So sad

loader61 loader61
Oct '19

I think some bad things happened on those roads. If I heard correctly, someone was murdered in one house and someone killed themselves in another.

Sport
Oct '19

Many of the truck drivers from the Saxton Falls quarry in the 1980s would congregate at a bar on Rt 206 in Stanhope.They were a very rough bunch.After working all day driving trucks they would pull in and drink at the bar.I learned to stay away from the place when the trucks were parked there at the end of a workday.

murof
Oct '19

Sport, A man killed his wife then committed suicide. That was the only thing that happened around Colony Drive. Otherwise it was a quiet community.

Suburbia Suburbia
Oct '19

Anthony "the Gaspipe" Casso former underboss of the Lucchese Crime Family was hiding out on Waterloo Rd and was caught by the FBI on the road back in the 90's.

At 11 A.M. yesterday, a squadron of 25 F.B.I. agents surrounded the brown wooden house at 79 Waterloo Road in Mount Olive, where Mr. Casso was living. The house, in a hilly, wooded area, was 75 feet from the road and 100 yards from the nearest neighbor.

https://www.nytimes.com/1993/01/20/nyregion/fbi-arrests-a-mafia-boss-in-new-jersey.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Casso

ru - that house isn't in the same area as the Colony and Munsee Road area. It's closer to the trade zone on the other side of the river.

However, that is a very interesting story. Thanks for sharing!

Walking Girl Walking Girl
Oct '19

I knew the guy and his wife who he killed then himself.

It was a great area to grow up in. So much to do and so many friends. Hearing stories from my mother, aunts, grandmother and other locals about the areas past beauty always intrigued me. Seeing pictures from it’s hay day is amazing. When I was a kid there was around 30 houses in the area. We rode bikes, hiked, fished, swam, went sleigh riding etc. it was a beautiful area. As the years went on, the state cleared everyone out. Lots of areas were left in shambles and still is to this day. My old house is still standing and turned into a dumping site back in 2005 when I moved out. It’s a shame. I still live in the area and share stories with my kids about how it was when I grew up. I show them all of our old forts and ball fields and trails. Show them where all my friends lived. Now there’s just a handful of us in the area. It’s beautiful and peaceful yet sad because as a community it had a beauty with in..... I do enjoy not having neighbors though... great post to break out of the archives!!

New mountain man New mountain man
Oct '19

"Anthony "the Gaspipe" Casso former underboss of the Lucchese Crime Family was hiding out on Waterloo Rd and was caught by the FBI on the road back in the 90's.

At 11 A.M. yesterday, a squadron of 25 F.B.I. agents surrounded the brown wooden house at 79 Waterloo Road in Mount Olive, where Mr. Casso was living. The house, in a hilly, wooded area, was 75 feet from the road and 100 yards from the nearest neighbor."

That's a different Waterloo Road... It's the one kind of behind the Budd Lake Diner, off Woodland Road.

I know, because I used to live at 81 Waterloo Road (i.e. the "nearest neighbor" mentioned above). We were kids at the time the FBI raided his house.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '19

I grew up in the yellow house for awhile. My grandparents owned the house. It was fun living there. My mother swam in the now grass infested pool next to the falls when she was a child. Its historic to me

Jessica Pensack Jessica Pensack
Nov '20

I was born and raised in Saxton Falls (lived off Colony Road) in 1970 and lived there for 20 years. Our house was demo'ed sometime in the early 90's when my parents moved out. It was a great place to live as a child...so many good memories. I've been trying to reconnect to any of the "kids" from back then that used to play in Mary's field with us (across from the road that Ray lived on). We used to play football and softball in the field, we used to hear him coming down the mountain in his truck. We used to go to Elsie's bar with change in our hands to buy Combo's and eat them while we walked back or we would get in the row boat and start at the falls and head to Elsie's and park our boat out back. It's definitely very sad, I don't like going back to see what's happened to the place it makes me start to forget the memories in of what it used to look like.

Christina Christina
Sep '21

I babysat 2 girls that lived on Colony Rd in the late 80's early 90's. My Mother & thier Mother met in nursing school. They ended up working together at the Convent(now Mount Villa School). I also ended up working there. It was a really nice little community. 1of the girls still lives local after moving away for a bit, I do not know where her sister lives. thier mom passed of cancer. I know some of the other families are around but i don't really know them

Suburbia Suburbia
Sep '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.